Home

The Coaching Career of Rhett Scott (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Rhett Scott (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

OVR: 0
The Coaching Career of Rhett Scott (NCAA 14)

A Brief Introduction
Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever attempt to log a dynasty on these forums! I’ve been a long time lurker here, mostly just for the sliders and rosters, but a few weeks ago I started reading these dynasties and thought it would be fun to do one of my own. My dynasty will follow the career of coach Rhett Scott. I’ve selected 9 schools in the P5 conferences to be my “destination” school. If hired by one, I plan to stay there.

Premise
Coach Scott, 32, has been hired as a head coach, making him the youngest active head coach in the FBS. Scott spent the previous year as the Offensive Coordinator at USF, leading the Bulls offense that was 6th in the nation in yards per play, 3rd in the nation in offensive touchdowns, and 11th in yards per game.
Scott played quarterback for 4 years at West Virginia University, graduating in 2007. During his senior season (2006) he led the Mountaineers to an 11-2 record. For the next two years Scott was a GA at West Virginia, working with the offense. In those two years WVU compiled a 20-6 record. In 2009 Scott was hired by Chip Kelly at Oregon to coach running backs. In 2011 Scott was moved to coach the quarterbacks. While at Oregon, Scott established himself as one of the nation’s premier recruiters. Some notable recruits included DeAnthony Thomas, Devon Blackmon, Cliff Harris, and Arik Armstead. After the departure of Chip Kelly, Scott sought a new challenge and made a move to Clemson, joining Dabo Swinney’s staff as the QBs coach. While at Clemson he continued his recruiting prowess, bringing in players such as Mackensie Alexander, Artavis Scott, and Deshaun Watson. In 2015 Scott took the offensive coordinator job at Bowling Green. Given total control of the offense, Bowling Green finished the season 4th in yards per game and 6th in points per game. BGSU finished the 2015 season at 10-4 with a MAC Championship. Instead of following Dino Babers to Syracuse, Scott took his talents to Florida.

Housekeeping
Difficulty: Heisman
Quarter Length: 7
Sliders: Custom Set
Spoiler

Rosters: Set that jrriv4 and Miles Perry have been working on (not 100% finished, but close enough for me)

Recruiting Rules: JoshC1977’s recruiting rules with one addition: In order to develop new pipeline states, I may pursue a number of recruits equal to my school prestige in a given state, but those recruits star level must be one less than my school prestige (ex: if I am a 3 star school and I want to create a pipeline in Georgia, I can recruit three 2 star recruits from Georgia that year). I can also use the unlock recruit once per season. Graduating seniors plus 2 rule for scholarship offers.

Other: I will play 6 regular season games per year, and any postseason games. Of the regular season games, 2 must be away, and I must play all rivalry games. This may change in the future however. I will also be modding the college football playoff every year.

Last edited by Texas FB Coach; 07-30-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 04:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

Re: The Coaching Career of Rhett Scott (NCAA 14)

Yearly Recaps

Old 07-25-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

Record Books

Old 07-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

Kalamazoo, MI -- Western Michigan University has hired PJ Fleck's replacement. Rhett Scott comes to WMU from USF where he had tremendous success last season as the playcaller. Scott is widely regarded as one of the nation's premier recruiters, and is also a brilliant offensive mind. Western Michigan athletic director Kathy Beauregard said "I believe that coach Scott is the best candidate to build upon the success that coach Fleck brought to this university. We were incredibly impressed with him during his interview, and we believe in his vision for this program's future."

The hire comes as a surprise to many as coach Scott doesn't have any roots in the Midwest, but we believe that Scott will have no problem establishing relationships with the local high school coaches. Coach Scott said that he was excited to be given the opportunity at his first head coaching gig, but that he will build his own legacy saying, "as much as I respect coach Fleck and what he did here, we will not be 'Rowing The Boat" at Western Michigan anymore. We're going to establish our own culture, do things our way, and continue to build upon the success that this university has experienced.

This piece was written for the Kalamazoo Gazette by Rachel Walker

Last edited by Texas FB Coach; 07-30-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

Kalamazoo, MI -- In his first press conference as head coach of the Western Michigan Broncos coach Rhett Scott has announced is coaching staff for the 2017-2018 football season. We'll take a closer look at the hires.

HC/QB - Rhett Scott: Coach Scott confirmed today that he will remain the playcaller for this season while coaching the QBs.

AHC/TE/STC - Terrence Samuel: After 6 seasons as the WR coach at Michigan State, Samuel joins the WMU staff. In his 19th year of collegiate coaching, Samuel has stops at Central Michigan, North Dakota State, and Nebraska-Omaha.

OC/OL - Darren Hiller: The sole follower from USF. Hiller joins after a one year stint at USF. With previous stops at Cincinnati, Nevada, and Arkansas State at the FBS level, Hiller has been coaching since 1995.

OL - Dan Clark: Clark comes to WMU from Illinois State where he served as the OL coach for the previous 3 seasons. Previous stops at Northern Iowa (TEs) and Iowa (GA).

RB - Tom Bolden: Bolden joins the WMU staff after 10 seasons as the head coach at Colerain High School, one of Ohio's most successful high school programs.

WR - Joel Filani: Joining from the University of North Texas. Filani spent one season at UNT and the previous 2 as a GA at Washington State. Filani spent 2 years as a receiver in the NFL.

DC/DT - Jim Jeffcoat: Joining after 3 seasons at the University of Colorado. Previous stops at San Jose State and Houston. Also coached with the Dallas Cowboys from 1998-2004. 15 year NFL career. Jeffcoat has complete control of the Broncos 4-3 defense, and we expect him to be very successful.

DE - Frank Lenti: After 33 years as the head coach at Mt. Carmel High School in Chicago, Lenti joins the collegiate ranks as the winningest coach in Illinois high school football history.

LB - Corey Brown: Brown comes to WMU from Miami (OH) where he served as a DL coach for the past 3 years. He was a GA at Notre Dame in 2012-13.

Safties - Joe Klanderman: After spending 6 years as the defensive coordinator at Dayton, Klanderman joins the FBS ranks to coach WMU's safeties.

Corners - Landon Fox: Fox joins from North Dakota State where he spent the last 3 years as a DBs coach. Fox has 2 FCS National Championships and 3 conference championships to his name.

Scott has put together a solid staff, with hearty roots in the Midwest, which should help immensely with recruiting. "If we're going to be successful in this conference it starts by heavily recruiting Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio. If we can compete for top recruits in 3 states I think we're going to be sitting pretty every year."

With fall camp just around the corner we expect to hear more about the X's and O's from Coach Scott soon.

This piece was written for the Kalamazoo Gazette by Rachel Walker

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

Kalamazoo, MI -- Today we were able to sit down and talk football with the new coach of the Western Michigan Broncos, Rhett Scott. We discussed the 2017 schedule that was released today, and also heard from coach about what his plans are as far as scheme goes.

Walker: "Coach thanks for taking the time to join us today. First things first, how do you feel about the schedule?"

Scott: "Thanks for having me, Rachel, it's great to be here. And I'm actually really excited. I'm not sure I've ever seen 5 home games in a row, but here we are with it. I think we have to be successful during that home stretch. It's critical for our season."

Walker: "Coach you open up the season against 3 Power 5 opponents. How do you think that will effect the team?"

Scott: "I think it's a great challenge and we're looking forward to it. We'll be in very hostile environments weeks one and two, and I'm excited to see how we handle that challenge."

Walker: "I don't think anyone expects a repeat of last years' 13 win season. Most of the experts are saying 7-5 this year. What's your take?"

Scott: "My job is to prepare us to win every game we play. The goal is to be 1-0 every Saturday. It's going to be tough, this team lost a lot of talent last year, but we're looking forward to it."

Walker: "Coach let's switch gears for a minute here and talk a little scheme. Obviously you will be calling the offense, as you did at USF, but what is the Western Michigan offense going to look like this year?"

Scott: "We're bringing a lot of what we did at USF. I didn't have complete control, so there are some things that I'll add that I like. We're gonna run the ball though. Power, buck sweep, counter. We have two of the best backs in the conference and we're going to find ways to get those guys the ball. I'm also a huge fan of the quick screen game. Our receivers are going to be physical and understand that they must block if they want to play."

Walker: "Sounds like Western Michigan fans are going to be in for a treat. Let's talk defense for a bit. What will the Bronco defense look like?"

Scott: "We're gonna be an even front. It's what I like, even though I'm not a defensive guy, so I found someone to bring in an even front system. Broncos fans are in for a treat with this guy... Jeffcoat is one hell of a ball coach and he's going to make a name for himself here. We're gonna be aggressive. We like to pressure the quarterback. I expect our secondary to make a lot of plays this year."

Walker: "Last question for ya coach, give us one player to watch out for this coming season that is flying under the radar."

Scott: "A lot of the 'experts' have said that our receiving core isn't going to be very strong this year. We're young, but we have some guys who can make plays. I think D'wayne Eskridge is going to be a huge part of our offense this year, he's had a great spring."

Walker: "We'll be sure to keep an eye out for him this fall. Thanks again for joining us coach and we can't wait for this season to get started!"

Old 07-25-2017, 06:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

Western Michigan Broncos Depth Chart - 2017
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRD'wayne Eskridge SoKesishawn Watson RS So
TEDonnie Ernsberger SrOdell Miller RS JrBrett Borske RS Fr
LTChukwuma Okorafor SrZach Novoselsky RS Jr
LGKristof Ifkovits RS SrMike Caliendo RS Fr
CJohn Keenoy JrCurtis Doyle RS Jr
RGLuke Juriga RS SoJordan Asbury RS Fr
RTElliot Jordan RS JrSpencer Kanz RS Fr
WRAnton Curtis RS SoHunter Broersma RS Fr
QBTom Flacco JrJon Wassink RS SoAlex Mussat RS So
HBJarvion Franklin SrJamauri Bogan RS JrDavon Tucker RS So
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEEric Assoua JrAntonio Balabani RS So
LDTAndre Turner RS SrDaniel Jackson Jr
RDTKen Finley JrWesley French RS So
RDENathan Braster SrKailen Guillory RS Fr
WLBAsantay Brown SrAlex Grace RS So
MLBCaleb Bailey RS SrJared Culp RS Fr
SLBRobert Spillane SrDrake Spears So
CBDarius Phillips RS SrObbie Jackson RS So
SSJustin Tranquill RS SoBrad Tanner So
FSStefan Claiborne SoDavontae Ginwright RS So
CBSam Beal JrMalik Rucker RS Sr
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KJosh Grant Fr
PDerrick Mitchell Jr

It's almost time for football!
Old 07-25-2017, 06:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Texas FB Coach's Arena

Week One Preview

Matchup Preview *|* September 2, 2017
@
Western Michigan Broncos
(0-0, Away)
Michigan State Spartans
(0-0, Home)

The wait is over and football is finally back! The Western Michigan Broncos will travel to East Lansing to take on ole Sparty. Most of the experts believe that Michigan State will win big, but the college football world is excited to see what coach Scott does in his first game as head coach.

College Gameday
ESPN's flagship show will travel to Arlington, TX for the Cowboys Classic between #13 LSU and #20 TCU!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »