Home

From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dynasty

This is a discussion on From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2017, 06:09 PM   #17
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dyn

Chapter Two

“Just so you know, I don’t appreciate this lackadaisical attitude you have towards something that is very important to me.” Emily Grayson said, her blue eyes bright with anger.

Jace sighed inwardly and closed the door to his locker. “I am sorry babe. I just have a lot on my mind.”

“Well I should be number one on your mind.” She said with a huff.

“You are. I am thinking about how I can get better at football so that I can attract the Texas A&M scouts and we can go to the same school.”

She was silent for a moment and then flicked her blonde hair back. “Ok. I guess that’s fine. But at least pretend you care about this.” She said brandishing a flyer that advertised her homecoming queen campaign.

He took her hand and brought her close. “Of course I care. My girl is going to be the most beautiful homecoming queen in history.”

She smiled and threw her arms around his neck. “I will huh?”

“Mhm”

She kissed him and then started walking away. “I better get to class. Mr. Sanchez has been on a warpath lately.”

He nodded and headed the opposite direction, grateful to have avoided another potential fight. He hadn’t gone more than a few feet when someone started yelling his name.

“Jace! Jace! Hey! Jace”

He sighed audibly this time and turned to see a skinny boy with black messy hair, his glasses askew and a camera swinging wildly around his neck, trying to navigate the crowd to get to him.

“What Martin?”

Martin LeForce finally managed to squeeze through people and stood before Jace breathing heavily. “Hey… buddy… how… are…you?”

“Fine Martin. Do you mind walking with me? I am going to be late.”

Martin nodded and Jace continued walking towards class.

“So as you know, I write for the school newspaper.” He said taking a huge breath.

“Well not really.” Jace said. “You never put your name on any of the articles.”

Martin laughed. “Well that’s kind of my signature.”

“Not having a signature?”

“Yep!”

“Hm.” Jace said perplexed.

“Anyways, since I am covering the football season, I wanted to ask if I could start some sort of ‘college watch’ about you.”

“College watch?”

“Yeah!” He said excitedly. “Keep our readers informed of your top college choices, which schools are interested and which have offered you.”

“Why do people want to know about that?”

“Come on Jace. You’re kind of a big deal now. You could be the best prospect that Odessa High has had since Bradley Marquez.”

“I am really not that good.”

Martin punched him on the shoulder. “So humble too. Our readers will love that.”

“Don’t focus on me. Focus on the team. I can’t do any of this without them.”

“Oh! That’s a great quote too!” He started scribbling furiously on a notepad.

“Dude seriously?”

“Look. Like it or not, you are the most popular guy at school. People want to know everything about you. You can either control what gets put out there or people will find another way and you might not like that.”

Jace looked at him taken aback. “We’re in high school.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Martin said darkly. “High school, college, no one is hidden from The Verse.”

They stared at each other for a few seconds and then Martin chuckled.

“Come on Jace! That was a Firefly reference. I thought for sure you’d get that.”

Jace laughed uncomfortably.

“So can I do that feature of you? Please?”

“Sure.” He said trying to end the conversation. “I’ll keep you updated.”

Martin let out a loud whoop. “Thank you!” He said bouncing away.

Jace shook his head as someone pounded him on his shoulder. “What’s up man?”

He turned and smiled at the tall, lanky figure. “Not much Jimmy. Ready for this class to be over.” He said pointing to the classroom over his shoulder.

Jimmy Ostrander, one of the wide receivers for the Bronchos, pointed at Martin who was skipping in the distance. “Why is newsboy so happy?”

“Because I said he could do a feature on me.” Jace said shrugging.

“Ah. Nice.”

“Not really.”

“Hey you need all the coverage you can get.”

“Not you too!” Jace groaned.

Jimmy laughed. “Hey more coverage for you means more opportunity for the rest of us to be seen by colleges that otherwise may have not even cared about us.”

“That’s not true.”

“Sure it is. The big time scouts don't have Odessa High on their list. So when they start coming to see you, they will also watch us and it gives us a chance to show off our skills.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah and for a lot of us, this may be the only chance we have to get a scholarship to college.”

Jace sighed.

“So no pressure man.” Jimmy said jokingly.

The school bell rang and everybody filed into the classroom. Jace grabbed a desk in the back and tried to clear his mind. He pulled out his phone and texted Sarah. She hadn’t spoken to him in over a week and he wasn’t sure why but he really needed his best friend. As the teacher started to call the class to order he waited for a response. Nothing.

“Whatever.” He mumbled and tossed his phone into his bag.

It was close to 9 pm by the time Jace made it home. With his body aching from football practice and his mind fatigued from all the stress, film study and homework he needed to do, he trudged up the steps slowly.

As he walked inside, he saw his parent sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Hey son!” His mom said getting up to hug him. “How was school?”

“Long.”

“I bet your starving. Let me go fix you a plate.”

“Thanks mom.” He said gratefully.

He sat down in one of the armchairs and relaxed. His dad nodded in his direction and continued to watch the news. A few minutes later, his mom came back with a plate full of hot food. His stomach grumbled.

“Oh man. I love you mom.”

“She smiled. “Now don’t get any of that on my chair or the floor. I just cleaned them.”

He nodded and began to stuff his face.

“Oh this came for you today.” His dad said giving him a white envelope.

Jace swallowed his food and took it. He glanced at the corner that featured a green wave and the words ‘TULANE UNIVERSITY’.

“Tulane?” He said. “Where’s that?”

“It’s on the envelope son.” His dad said. “Tulane is in New Orleans.”

“Oh.” He tore open the envelope and read the letter.

After a few minutes his dad muted the TV. “So? What does it say?”

“It says that they are interested in me and want me to visit their campus.”

“And so it begins.” His dad said with a smirk.

“I didn’t even know they had a football team.” Jace said.

His dad laughed. “They do. But its ok, Tulane will be the first of many I am sure.”

Right on cue, Jace’s phone started to ring. He glanced at it and saw that it was a number with a 303 area code. Confused he answered. “Hello?”

“Hi! Is this Jace Williams?” A male voice said.

“Yes.”

“Hey Jace! This is Coach Mike MacIntyre, head coach of the Colorado Buffaloes. How are you tonight?”

“Good.” He said hesitantly.

“Great! Listen I am sorry for calling you so late. I always forget about the dadgum time zones.”

“It’s ok.”

“So Jace, I was calling to let you know that I think you are a very impressive football player. That game last week against Frenship was incredible.”

“Thank you sir.”

“You started off kind of rough but then you settled in and took control of that game. You have the potential to be a star at the next level.”

“Thank you sir.” Jace said then shook his head when he realized he was sounding like a broken record. “I appreciate that.”

“We want to see more of you.” Coach MacIntyre said. “But we like you so much we’d like to set up a time where we can come see you and then you can come see our campus. Have you ever been to Colorado Jace?”

“No sir.”

“Well you’re in for a treat. We have mountains and trees and snow and I hear the ladies are not too bad either.”

Jace chuckled.

“We are consistently ranked as one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation, so we’d like you to come check it out.”

“Ok. Sounds good.”

“Alright Jace, I’ll let you go but we’ll be in contact again soon ok?”

“Yes sir. I look forward to it.”

Coach MacIntyre hung up and Jace stared at his phone in disbelief.

“Well?” His dad said.

“You were right dad.” Jace said. “This is the beginning.”

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 08-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #18
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dyn

really liking this so far. Cool touch on the school written articles too

If jace and Emily last, I can see her causing him to make a bad decision down the road
Old 08-09-2017, 04:36 AM   #19
Pro

I agree, that Emily is no good!

Liking this a lot, roll on the next chapter
Old 08-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #20
Master of Disguise

Bronchos Earn Another!
Jace Williams and Crew Hold Off a Feisty Amarillo Team

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) celebrates after a TD

Odessa, TX- Are you believers yet?

After beating Frenship in their opening game, our Odessa High Bronchos (2-0) held off a furious rally by the Amarillo High Sandies (0-2) to secure a 42-31 victory.

"What a game!" Coach Ron King said. "These guys came out and played their hearts out. The future is bright for this team."

Coach King may get all the credit (and take it) but to anyone who actually watched this game, this victory is all because of senior quarterback Jace Williams. He made throws and plays in this game that anyone else under center would not have made despite the heavy pressure Amarillo put on him. The Sandies defensive line bullied the Broncho offensive line and sacked Jace eight times. Amarillo defensive end Ryan Weiss got 5 of those sacks.

Sandies LE Ryan Weiss (98) sacks Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) for the 3rd time.

"We have to do better up front." Coach King, with the 'Well duh' statement of the night, said. "He (Williams) got us out of some sticky situations and became a star tonight."

The drive that will definitely be replayed the most by scouts around the country is the one that occurred in the 2nd quarter. Down 17-7 and having just been sacked 2 times, Jace and the Broncho offense were facing a 3rd and 21 from their own 15 yard line. The ball was snapped, Jace stepped back to throw and was almost immediately pressured. He managed to sidestep two blitzers and throw an accurate ball across his body to a wide open Jimmy Ostrander for a first down. After that, Jace drove down the field with with precision and using his legs until he found Darrius Green in the end zone for a touchdown.

Broncho WR Darrius Green (81) catches a pass for a TD.

"Coach had told us it was time to step up." Jace said about the drive. "So we finally were able to get some momentum and move the ball. The guys up front protected me well and the wide receivers made some pretty terrific catches. Everyone did their job well on that drive."

After that, Odessa High scored 21 unanswered points to put the game out of reach. Amarillo attempted a comeback late in the fourth but it was too little too late. Jace accounted for all 6 touchdowns tonight, 5 through the air and one on the ground, to push the Bronchos to a 2-0 record.

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) runs in for a 15 YD TD

"We've played well at home the past two games." Coach King said. "But we'll see how these guys do when we go on the road next week."

Don't be a debbie downer Coach! If Jace is in the game, our boys have a chance. Odessa High will travel to Lubbock next Friday to take on the Lubbock Monterey Plainsmen (1-1). With Texas Tech on Jace's list of colleges he is interested in going to, this will be a prefect opportunity for the Red Raider coaches to get a good look at him when he play's in their own backyard.

Quick announcement! Homecoming is in two weeks so the deadline to vote for your homecoming court will be next Friday! Honestly with Emily Grayson and Jace Williams nominated for King and Queen, I don't know why anyone else would bother running...

Top Performers of the Game

QB Jace Williams
24-37, 415 YDS, 5 TD, INT
12 ATT, 60 YDS, TD

WR Darrius Green
5 REC, 124 YDS, 2 TD

LE Ryan Weiss
8 TKL, 5 TFL, 5 Sacks

The Jace Williams College Watch

Welcome to our new feature! With Jace Williams being the most exciting and talented prospect Odessa High has seen since Bradley Marquez, we wanted to keep everyone informed of his college options! Since we are good friends, Jace has agreed to keep me updated on his top schools, offers, and colleges that are interested in him throughout the rest of the season. I will then put out an update every week after my game recap and the time comes for his decision. Here is where his options are after tonight's game:

Jace's Top 3 Schools

Scholarships Received

None Yet

Interested Schools

Old 08-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #21
Master of Disguise

King of the Hill
Broncho WR Deandre Hill Reigns Over Lubbock Monterey

Broncho WR Deandre Hill (80) makes a fantastic catch against Plainsmen CB Dee Creighton (30)

Lubbock, TX- In Odessa High’s first road game of the season it was senior wide receiver Deandre Hill that stole the show with an 8 catch, 220 yards and 3 touchdown performance as our Broncho’s (3-0) beat the Lubbock Monterey Plainsmen (1-2) 56-27.

“I just had that feeling before the game you know?” Hill said. “That feeling that you’re better than the man across from you? I felt that and I just went off. My man Jace (Williams) kept feeding me the ball and I did the rest.”

Broncho WR Deandre Hill (80) breaks a tackle and scores a 65 YD TD.

Senior quarterback and probable Homecoming King Jace Williams is the engine that runs this Broncho offense. Despite another terrific performance, the two interceptions he threw and Hill’s outstanding game has overshadowed Jace for the first time this season. It is not his fault though. Lubbock Monterey took a page out of Amarillo’s playbook and overwhelmed the Odessa High offensive line with stunts and blitzes. Jace was sacked 5 times and had a man in his face on almost every play. The fact that he threw for over 400 yards and 4 touchdowns should show how talented he really is.

Plainsmen SS Trace Cobbs (14) intercepts and under thrown ball

“He struggled a little bit today.” Coach King said, who never seems to be watching the same game as everyone else. “I thought he might with being on the road and the pressure they were sending. That is why we tried to design some quick plays and rollouts to get him moving.”

As per usual Coach DunderKing is taking all the credit for the success Jace is having. For the first time this season, there was a college representative in the stands to watch the game. Texas Tech offensive coordinator Neal Brown was present to watch the game. Afterwards however, the Red Raider coach was seen talking to Deandre Hill and the other wide receivers but not to Jace.

Broncho WR Deandre Hill (80) beats his man and scores a 40 yard TD

“No I haven’t heard anything from them.” Jace said after the game. “But I am glad my teammates are getting an opportunity to show what they can do. My time will come.”

Texas Tech head coach Tommy Tuberville will seriously regret the decision not to recruit Jase if that is what they decide to do, especially the son of a former Red Raider. Odessa High ends their non-district play undefeated and will open district play next Friday at home versus the San Angelo Central Bobcats. (0-3).

Remember to vote for your homecoming court by midnight tonight!

QB Jace Williams
22-31, 457 YDS, 4 TD, 2 INT
10 ATT, 44 YDS, 2 TD

WR Deandre Hill
8 REC, 220 YDS, 3 TD

MLB Sam Reed
13 TAK, 4 TFL, FF

Jace's Top 3 Schools

Scholarships Received

Interested Schools

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #22
Master of Disguise

Off on the Right Foot
Both High Schools Are Undefeated to Begin District Play

Odessa, TX- The City of Odessa has a lot to be proud of right now.

With district play set to begin this week, both Odessa High and Odessa Permian sit at 3-0 and will more than likely still be undefeated when they meet next Friday.

“The rivalry has always been intense here.” Samwell Snow, a Permian alum, said. “Even in the years Odessa High sucked and Permian went on that long winning streak, both sides hate each other.”

The two sides definitely have history. Every year during OHS-Permian week, student from both sides pull pranks on one another. Most of the time they are mostly harmless but there are rumors that it hasn’t always been so. One popular urban legend states that in 1978, Odessa High gained access to Permian and painted the Panther statue red, leaving a lasting tint even after the paint was cleaned off. Shortly after Permian students broke in to the Odessa High stables and painted the live horse mascot black. That prank resulted in the death of the Broncho mascot and many people believe that is why Odessa High did away with live mascots.

“That’s just a dumb rumor started by a bunch of bitter adults.” Snow said. “There is no validity to that claim at all.”

Rumor or not, both sides do not like each other and that will be on display next week. Permian is on a quest to reach the state championship and they have dominated the competition so far. They beat El Paso Coronado 72-6, Frenship High 63-12, and Big Spring High 68-10.

“As far as I am concerned, there is only one team from Odessa that the state of Texas should be worried about playing.” Permian quarterback Abraham Collins said. “And it’s not the one that can’t even spell Bronco right.”

Collins has had a fantastic season so far. He has thrown for over 1200 yards, has 15 touchdown passes and only 2 interceptions. He has offers from the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida and USC and has looked like the all-state guy the preseason articles said he was.

“He’s a bad man.” Permian cornerback D.J Thompson said. “He is too good to game plan for. You just have to scheme the best you can and hope for the best.”

Permian not only boasts a great quarterback, but they also have a great defense. They have terrorized the opposing offense so far this season and only seem to be getting better.

“They are a great group of guys.” Collins said. “If that school across town thinks they stand a chance against them, they got another thing coming. I don’t care how good they think their quarterback is.”

‘That quarterback’ is Broncho senior Jace Williams. Williams has the Odessa High alumni and students very excited about the season. He has shown a lot of talent but is still a raw prospect and will face his toughest challenge when the Bronchos begin district play.

“From what I’ve seen, he looks like a good player.” Permian coach Gary Gaines said. “But I am confident our guys can stop him if they stay focused.”

The rivalry game will also have scouts from some big time programs in attendance. Coaches from Texas, Baylor, LSU and Oklahoma have already confirmed they will be there. It should be a fantastic night when these two schools meet next Friday. Odessa High will play San Angelo Central (0-3) this Friday and Odessa Permian will play Amarillo Tascosa (1-2).

Old 08-12-2017, 11:29 PM   #23
Master of Disguise

Deadly Precision
Senior QB Jace Williams is Outstanding in Win

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) throws to a wide open receiver with a Bobcat defender bearing down on him.

Odessa, TX- Before I begin my recap of tonight's game, I must give an apology to Coach Ron King. I called him Coach Dunderking in my last article. That was wrong of me and I am sorry.

Anyways, tonight's game was one to remember! On a night that had college scouts from the University of Colorado, Tulane University, Texas State University and Texas Christian University in the stands, saw power couple Jace Williams and Emily Grayson be crowned Homecoming King and Queen (no surprise), and saw a record be broken, our Odessa High Bronchos (4-0, 1-0) defeat the San Angelo Central Bobcats (0-4, 0-1) 63-10.

"That was a fantastic game by our boys tonight!" Coach King said. "We still have a lot of cleaning up to do. Permian wont be so forgiving next week but I am proud of these guys. Now make sure you quote me exactly and no added snarky commentary Martin."

... This was the first district win for the Bronchos in two years. The Bobcats may have not won a game yet this season but that did not make them any less dangerous. They followed the game plan of Odessa High's previous opponents and overwhelmed the Broncho offensive line. There was a man in Jace Williams face on almost every play but that did not seem to matter. Jace was so precise and so quick with his decisions, it was almost like he was just playing catch with his friends.

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) throws across his body to a receiver for a TD before being hit out of bounds.

"He sure makes life easier." Broncho wide receiver Jimmy Ostrander said. "Every time I want the ball, boom! There it is in my hands."

Ostrander was the beneficiary of Jace's attention tonight as he caught 6 passes for 121 yards and 2 touchdowns. Jace also broke the record for most passing touchdowns in a single game with 7. He is 200 yards away from breaking the school record for most passing yards in a season.

Broncho WR Jimmy Ostrander (82) catches a TD pass over the head of Bobcat CB Will Ford (23).

"He is a fantastic talent." Tulane offensive coordinator Eric Price (who actually stopped to talk to me!) said. "He is going to change the face of any program he signs with. I really hope it's us."

Broncho WR Darrius Green (81) breaks a tackle and runs in for a 21 yard TD.

Jace really opened some eyes tonight with his performance and will get a chance to gain even more recognition when our Bronchos take on the Evil Empire next Friday.

We are now officially onto Permian week! There are still a few tickets left so get yours before they sell out! Also there will be a pep rally during 5th period on game day. Make sure you wear your red shirts! We plan to create a "Red Sea" on our side of the stadium during the game.

QB Jace Williams
24-30, 413 YDS, 7 TD
7 ATT, 30 YDS

WR Jimmy Ostrander
6 REC, 121 YDS, 2 TD

RE Dillion Waynes
8 TKLS, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks

Jace's Top 3 Schools

Scholarship Offers

Interested Schools

Old 08-14-2017, 12:24 AM   #24
Master of Disguise

Chapter Three

Jace Williams stepped outside in the cool fall air and wrinkled his nose. The nearby oil fields were giving off a particularly strong sulfur smell tonight. Behind him the sound of music and loud laughter emanated from the homecoming dance in the gym. He walked down the steps and started heading home. He had never been fond of dances but he went to this one because of Emily. Strangely though, she left after fifteen minutes to go help one of her girlfriends. It must have been serious because she never missed an opportunity to be the center of attention.

He walked down the sidewalk and passed a bush that was moving more than a bush should. He glanced in that direction and saw a couple making out very passionately. He chuckled to himself and kept walking. A little further down there were a group of guys walking back towards the gym carrying an odd shaped package that was moving.

“Jace! Hey Jace!” said one of the guys. “Good game tonight!”

“Hell yeah!” said another one. “Go kill Permian next week!”

Jace nodded at them and kept walking, suddenly glad to have left the dance when he did. About a minute later he spotted a girl in a green dress cursing loudly and throwing her shoes in the street. As he got nearer he recognized the voice.

“So you are alive.” He said when he was closer.

Sarah turned and he heard her mutter “great” under her breath.

“What did they do to you?” He said pointing at the discarded shoes in the street.

“The heel broke.” She said. “I don’t know why I decided to wear them in the first place. It’s just another torture device man devised to keep women in their place.” She turned in a huff and started walking away.

Jace walked faster to keep up. “Were you at the dance tonight? You hate dances.”

She glared at him and said nothing.

“Sarah!” He said trying to get her to stop. “Hey Sarah stop!” He said grabbing her arm.

She wrenched away from his grip and kept walking.

“Sarah! Come on! Stop!” He said to no avail. Finally he walked in front of her and turned around to face her. “Please.”

“Get out of my way Jace.” She said brushing away a few strands of hair that had fallen out of the elegant bun on top of her head. Her green eyes flashed with anger.

“Not until you tell me why you’re so upset and why you’ve been ignoring me these past few weeks.”

She folded her arms and looked away.

“Sarah please. I need you. Life is… crazy without you.”

“You seem to be doing just fine without me. Everybody loves you.”

Jace sighed. “They love the football player Jace. But you’re the only one that knows me and who I really am. Who else am I going to talk to about all the dorky scifi shows we watch or debate about whether or not season one of Game of Thrones did justice to the books or not?”

Sarah looked down saying nothing.

He reached out and held her by the shoulders. “I need you. I have all these coaches and scouts and other people telling me all kinds of things. Now coach and my teammates all have high expectations and are looking to me to get them there and I am going to have to make a decision on which college to attend and that comes with a whole set of other problems and I just… I need my best friend.”

She finally looked up at him, her eyes shiny. “You hurt me you know.”

He stepped back, guilt and shame filling his heart. “How?”

“You’re blonde devil girlfriend. How can you let her keep insulting me and making fun of me? Even when you’re standing right there with us?”

“I…I… don’t what you are talking about?”

She shook her head. “Jace. You are an intelligent guy but man you can be so damn oblivious.”

“I mean, I know she jokes with you and stuff…” He trailed off as she snorted.

“Jokes. Right. That’s what you think it is?”

He said nothing.

“When she calls me a lesbo, or a d**e, or f**. Those aren’t jokes Jace.”

“But… you are right? And you laugh about it so…”

“Unbelievable.” She said walking away from him again.

“Sarah wait! I am sorry. I didn’t know.”

She stopped and took a deep breath as she looked towards the night sky. He could see that she was holding back tears and he felt his shame rise even higher. She almost never cried but here she was on the verge of tears because of him.

He held her hand. “Sarah. I am sorry. Truly. I didn’t know. I’ll make her apologize.”

She shook her head furiously. “I don’t want any fake apologies from her.”

“Ok. I won’t but I’ll make sure she doesn’t ever say another bad thing about you.”

“That won’t happen. She doesn’t like me much.” She finally cracked a smile.
“But I appreciate it anyways.”

He smiled back and gave her a hug. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too.” She said stepping back and wiping her eyes. “But don’t expect me to join your fan club and fawn over you.”

Jace laughed. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Sarah took his arm and they started walking down the sidewalk. “So what happened tonight?” He said.

She groaned. “My date stood me up. I got all gussied up for them and they didn’t even bother showing.”

“Seriously? Who was it? Danielle? I know you had mentioned something about her when school started.”

“It doesn’t matter now.” She said laying her head on his shoulder.

“Well for what it’s worth, I think you look beautiful tonight.”

She smiled up at him. “Thanks bestie.”

He rolled his eyes. “I thought we agreed that we wouldn’t use that term.”

She giggled. “So which colleges are coming after you?”

“Well so far I have scholarship offers from Tulane, Colorado and SMU.”

She nodded. “Not bad. You like any of them?”

He shrugged. “There are pros and cons to all of them. I admit I am not excited about Tulane and SMU and Colorado is intriguing.”

“Colorado is kind of far from home.”

“Yeah. That is one of the things I don’t like.”

“You hear anything from Tech?” She said.

“Nope.”

She chuckled. “I imagine your dad is not very happy about that.”

“No he’s not. He keeps threatening to call the athletic director and give him a piece of his mind.”

“Who else is interested?”

“Um.” He said thinking. “I’ve gotten calls from TCU, and Arizona and Coach Kliff Kingsbury from Texas A&M has been talking to me all week.”

She rolled her eyes. “So you really are thinking about being an Aggie?”

“I am actually.” He said a little defensively. “They have a good program, they are in a great conference, and that’s where Emily is going.”

She sighed.

“Look I know you don’t like her.” He said. “But I love her and she loves me and if I can get into A&M I am going because I want to be with her.”

“So we are throwing the ‘L’ word around now huh?” He gave her a look and she sighed again. “You do realize that means we’ll be mortal enemies right? With me taking pre-med at Texas and you playing football there, it’s like the Hatfields and McCoys.”

“But at least we’ll be in driving distance of each other. We can still hang out.”

She smiled. “Ok but we’re going in disguise. I can’t let people see that I am best friends with an Aggie.”

He laughed. “Deal.”

They finally reached Jace’s house and they paused outside the gate. “Do you want to come in? We can talk a little more and I can give you some shoes to wear home.” He said pointing a her bare feet.”

“No I better get home so that I can get out of this fluffy crap.” She said gesturing to her dress. “But thank you.”

He hugged her again. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“I guess.” She said but he could feel her smiling in his chest.

He turned to go inside finally feeling like everything was going to be ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »