Home

From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dynasty

This is a discussion on From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #25
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dyn

Bitter Rivals Go At It Again!
Odessa High and Permian Battle It Out For a Game of the Ages

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) stares down the Permian bench after a 24 YD scramble.

Odessa, TX- WHAT. A. GAME!

In a game that featured several lead changes, opposing coaches yelling at each other, Panther and Broncho players brawling, and fans fighting in the stands, our beloved Odessa High (5-0, 2-0) gets a victory over the Evil Empire (4-1, 1-1) 56-55 for the first time in 5 years.

"Our guys really proved who they are and who they can be." Coach Ron King said. "I am so proud of these guys."

Coach King, who had to be restrained from Coach Gary Gaines at half time after Coach Gaines flipped him off running off the field, obtained the most important and monumental win in his career and instantly gained respect in the eyes of many people including yours truly. After a week of pranks by both sides and our players being told they have no chance against the "powerful future state champions", they came out and flat out balled against the Panthers.

"We got tired of hearing how great they are." Broncho wide receiver Jimmy Ostrander said. "So we wanted a chance to come out and punch them in the f***ing mouth."

Ostrander had a good game but the star of the night was quarterback Jace Williams. Jace had the best game of his high school career and really showed what he can do in front of a crowd that featured coaches and scouts from all over Texas and as far as Utah. He was not only deadly through the air but he destroyed the highly acclaimed Permian defense on the ground with over 120 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns.

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) dives in the end zonenfor a 5 YD TD

"He really turned it up tonight." Broncho WR Deandre Hill said. "We expected him to, but it seems like he was really focused after that confrontation he had with that other quarterback."

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) throws a beautiful TD pass while under immense pressure.

That 'other quarterback' is Abraham Collins, a preseason all-state star and resident arrogant ***hole. Collins had a good game as well, going 21-29, 327 yards and 3 touchdowns with an interception. However, he and Jace had a bit of a dust up when Collins was pushed out of bounds after a scramble in front of the Broncho bench. Jace happened to be standing right where he fell and he offered his hand. Collins slapped his hand and said something that no one heard. Jace then responded and pointed at the scoreboard. Collins responded back and whatever he said really got to Jace because he went after Collins and had to be held back by his teammates.

"I didn't hear what was said." Coach King said. "But that kid was looking to get into Jace's head. Luckily it backfired."

Broncho WR Deandre Hill (80) is wide open for a 63 YD TD

Backfired it did. Jace was near perfect and unstoppable after that incident. I was unable to get a interview with him because he went straight to the locker rooms after the game but I am sure he is happy with his performance. With this win, our Bronchos remain undefeated and will travel to Abilene to face the Abilene Cooper Cougars next Friday.

By the way, whomever released the python in the gym during the homecoming dance... Not cool guys... Not cool. Dry cleaning is not cheap...

Top Performers of the Game

QB Jace Williams
25-32, 405 YDS, 4 TD
12 ATT, 134 YDS, 3 TD

WR Deandre Hill
6 REC, 121 YDS, 2 TD

QB Abraham Collins
21-29, 327 YDS, 3 TD, INT
7 ATT, 43 YDS

The Jace Williams College Watch

*Interesting update on Jace's top 3. After the game when I texted Jace for an update, he had completely changed his top 3. Texas Tech and Texas A&M are no longer the top 2. I understand why Tech is not there because they have not attempted to recruit him at all but A&M not being there is odd. A&M had become very interested in Jace especially offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury so many expected Jace to verbally commit to them at some point. He did not give a reason for the change.

Jace's Top 3 Schools

Scholarship Offers

Interested Schools

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #26
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: From Friday to Sunday: The Playing Career of Jace Williams. An NCAA 14/Madden Dyn

Nice win. What an explosive, storyline type rivalry game there.

I really like SMU as a potential college destination. That's one of those teams I forget is in the game sometimes. Would be cool to see him return them to prominence.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #27
Rookie

ballinty05's Arena

I am loving the storyline so far I'm definitely a follower, keep it up.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #28
Master of Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Nice win. What an explosive, storyline type rivalry game there.

I really like SMU as a potential college destination. That's one of those teams I forget is in the game sometimes. Would be cool to see him return them to prominence.
Thanks! Yeah I actually watched that 30 for 30 documentary on SMU the a few weeks ago and was thinking that they would be a really intriguing school to play with. I don't know if that's what he will choose in the end but your right, it would be a fun ride. Thanks for following man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinty05
I am loving the storyline so far I'm definitely a follower, keep it up.
Thank you! I really appreciate it!

I'll have a chapter up tonight. I apologize for the delay, I had gone out of town for a few days but things should pick up on here soon!

Old 08-21-2017, 09:30 PM   #29
Master of Disguise

Chapter Four

Jace sat in the driver’s seat of his 2004 Ford Ranger in an empty convenience store parking lot. A full 40oz bottle of liquor was sitting in the seat next to him. He had managed to bribe the store clerk inside to sell it to him despite the fact that he was under age.

He slammed the steering wheel in anger, tears welling up in his eyes.

“It can’t be true! It just can’t!” He thought to himself.

He turned on the truck and the clock radio flashed 2:23. The game against Permian had ended a few hours ago but he could hardly remember it. All that was running through his head was what Permian quarterback Abraham Collins had told him.

“Ask her! Ask her!” His mind told him.

Jace turned on his headlights and peeled out of the parking lot onto the empty street. Most of the town was home in bed so he decided to step on the gas pedal even more. He watched as the orange illuminated needle crept up from 65 to 70. With the wind blowing through the open window, and the city lights fading in the rearview mirror, Jace went even faster. His destination was out in the country. With one hand, he unscrewed the top of the bottle and took a couple of huge swigs. The alcohol burned as it made it’s down his throat.

About ten minutes later, he pulled into the driveway of an elegant house with massive white columns and rose bushes. He turned off the truck and took a couple more sips of the liquor. His anger rose with every swallow, Abraham’s words circling his brain like a nest of angry bees.

It was midway through the 2nd quarter, Jace and the Odessa High Bronchos were leading the Permian Panthers 21-17. Abraham had taken the snap and scrambled along the Odessa High sideline until he was hit out of bounds in front of Jace. He extended his hand to help him up but Abraham slapped it away.

“I don’t need your help!” Abraham said.

“Fine.” Jace said calmly.

“You think you’re so good don’t you?” He said getting into Jace’s face. “Well we’ll wipe that smirk off your face.”

“I’ll let that do my talking for me.” He said pointing at the scoreboard.

“Oh yeah? Well why don’t you ask your girl who she scored with last Friday during your lame homecoming.” Abraham said pushing Jace.

All Jace could remember at that point was his face getting hot and being restrained by his teammates. He couldn’t even remember playing the game afterwards. All he knew was that they had won and that he wanted to wipe the smug smile off of Abrahams face.

He opened the door to his truck and sprawled out, the alcohol already making an effect. He got up and stumbled his way to the front steps. He rang the doorbell and then pounded on the door.

“Emily! Emily! Open up I know you’re in there!”

The lights went on in the house and Jace kept pounding on the door.

“Emily!”

The door opened and Emily Grayson stood before him wrapping a pink bathrobe around herself, her blonde hair flowing in the breeze around her shoulders.

“Jace!?”

“I need to talk to you.”

“Jace what the hell!?” She said angrily. “Are you drunk? You’re lucky my parents aren’t home. Come inside.”

“No.” He said slurring. “I will not go anywhere with you, you harlot.”

“Harlot? Jesus Jace. Come inside before someone sees you making a fool of yourself.”

“I am not going anywhere with you until you tell me the truth!”

“The truth?” She said annoyed. “What truth?”

“Is it true?” He said. “Did you do it? How could you? You know I love you.”

“Jace you’re not making any sense.”

“Abraham. He told me to ask you what you did during homecoming. So now I am asking. What did you do?”

She went silent and all the color ran out of her face. “I don’t have time for this.” She said and turned to go back inside.

“Oh no you don’t!” He said chasing after her. He grabbed her by the arms and spun her around to face him. “Tell me!” He said shaking her.

“Jace! Let go! You’re hurting me!”

He pushed her and she fell backwards onto the ground. He went down to his knees, tears spilling from his eyes. “Tell me. Please.”

She sat up and crawled towards him. “Please don’t.”

“Don’t what?”

“Make me tell you”

He shook his head. “Were you with him?”

She put a hand on his cheek. “Jace. Please.”

He shoved her hand away, stood up and walked back to his truck.

“No don’t go!” She said getting up to follow him. “You’re too drunk. Stay with me.”

Jace let out a yell and punched the driver side door. Pain instantly shot up his left arm. “Why? Why him?”

“It didn’t mean anything, I promise!”

“Why!?”

“For security.” She said with a sob.

“Security!?” He said incredulously. “You’re a Grayson. Your family owns half this town.”

“I know and that’s why.” She wrapped the bath robe around her tighter. “The Grayson business is the oil fields. My father expects me to come back to this town after college and help run the business, but I don’t want to have anything to do with this town or oil after I graduate.” She wiped away a tear. “You and Abraham are on the path to greatness. I thought, stupidly, if I could get with one of y’all I would never have to come back here and I could spend the rest of my life as the wife of a superstar athlete.”

He shook his head. “So you were just using me.”

She came closer. “Yes. It started out like that, but Jace, being with you was different. You made me feel different. You’re the only person that ever treated me with kindness and respect, not because of my name, but because you actually cared for me and loved me.”

“Yeah well, look where that got me.”

She reached up and wiped a tear from Jace’s face and then held his hand. “I fell for you. I am completely and utterly in love with you and that scared me. So I made a stupid mistake, but I promise you that it won’t happen again. I am yours.”

Jace stared off into the distance, his mind having a battle with his heart. “Did you have sex with him?”

She closed her eyes. “Jace…”

“I need to know.”

She didn’t say anything but he took her silence as affirmation and climb into his truck.

“No! Jace! Don’t go!”

He ignored her and he drove out of the driveway as quick as he could. His truck swerved onto the road and he hit top speed quickly going in no particular direction. Feelings of anger and betrayal swelled over him and he lit out an angry yell. The bottle of liquor fell to the floor and he reached for it without thinking. He grabbed it and looked back up just in time to see a tree coming up fast. There was a loud crash, his truck jerked forward causing his head to hit the steering and everything went black.

Everything was dark when Jace finally came to. He could fell that he was laying down on something soft. His whole body felt like and elephant was laying on him. He tried to move and gasped as a huge shock of pain pierced his head.

“Hey.” Said a soft familiar voice. “Don’t try to move.”

Jace relaxed a little bit and slowly opened his eyes. When they finally adjusted to the bright light, he looked around to see where he was. On his left was an IV machine that beeped every few seconds. A bag half filled with clear liquid was slowly dripping down the line that was connected to his arm and his hand was wrapped in bandages. On his right sat Sarah, her coal black hair pulled back in a ponytail and her green eyes filled with worry.

“Where am I?”

“The ER. How are you feeling?”

He slowly lifted his other arm and touched his head. He moaned as he felt a huge bump. “Awful.”

“I bet. You should see your truck.”

At her mention of his truck, memory of the night’s events came rushing back. He felt a wave of emotion wash over him and he let out another moan.

“It’s ok!” She said hurriedly. “It’s just a truck.”

“My parents are going to kill me.” He said.

She gave a small smile. “Yeah they weren’t happy.”

“They’re here!?” He said panicking.

“Of course they are.” She said slightly annoyed. “I called them.”

“Why would you do that?”

She gave him a look. “Are you serious?”

He turned away. “Some friend you are.”

There was a tense silence. He could feel her eyes boring into his back like daggers. “I know you’re hurting.” She said in a dangerously soft voice. “So I am going to let that one slide, but don’t you ever talk to me like that again.”

The brief moment of anger he had vanished and was replaced by guilt and shame. He slowly turned back to look at her. “Sorry.”

“Damn right you are.” She muttered.

“How’d you find me?”

She was quiet for a moment. “Your mom texted me and said you hadn’t come home yet and wanted to know if you were with me. So I called you but it went straight to voicemail.” She pointed at some broken pieces in a bag behind her. “You’re going to need a new phone by the way.”

Jace sighed.

“I remembered you seemed upset after the game. You didn’t stay on the field to shake hands or do the prayer.”

“I am going to pay for that one.” He said thinking about Coach King.

“Probably.” She nodded. “So I figured the only thing that could make you that upset is your lovely girlfriend.” She said with contempt.

Jace picked at his bandages and said nothing.

“I went out to her house and got her to tell me what happened and which way you went. Then I just drove until I saw your truck on the side of the road. I called 911 and your parents and now we’re here.”

He stared at a spot on his blanket very intensely and mumbled something unintelligible.

“What?” She said.
He took a deep breath and looked up. “Thank you.”

She scrutinized him for a second then asked “How’s your arm?” Pointing at his right arm.

“Fine. Why?”

She reared back and punched him in the right shoulder as hard as she could.

“Ow!” He said in shock. “What the hell!?”

“What the f**k were you thinking? You could have died! And for what?! A girl?”

“I—I—“ He sputtered.

“What about football? Your future? You almost tossed all that out the window!”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“Why? Because she doesn’t love you? Because she slept with someone else!? Newsflash! We are in f**cking high school! We don’t have time for all this dramatic bulls**t! There’s too much at stake!”

He looked away sulking. He heard her sigh and felt her hand enclose his.

“I am sorry she hurt you.” Sarah said after a minute. “But you have too much going for you. Don’t let her affect that.”

He held back tears that threaten to spill over. “It was my dream. I saw her standing next to me on signing day and on Draft Day. I thought we’d be that perfect high school couple.”

“I know.” She said softly. “Even though I can’t stand her, I wanted that for you. But its better you know how she is now then down the road when it’s harder to leave.”

He nodded.

“Besides, now you’re free! You can focus on football and picking the college that’s right for you. You don’t have to worry about making a decision to make others happy.”

“Well except my dad still wants me to go to Tech.”

“Actually.” She said with a smile. “He’s dropping that. He thinks this happened because you’ve been under a lot of stress. He told me he was going to back off and let you make the choice.”

“Really?”

“Mhm.”

He sat back and marveled at his best friend. “How’d you get him to do that?”

“I didn’t do anything.” She said coyly. “He was already on that path. I just nudged him along.”

“Yeah your good at that.” He laughed. ”Speaking of which how’d you get Emily to tell you what happened?”

She fiddled with her purse, a guilty look on her face. “It wasn’t hard. I just… ‘altered’ that nose job she got.”

Jace’s mouth fell open. “You hit her!?”

The door swung open and the huge hulking figure of Thomas Williams walked in. He looked at his son, his face indecipherable. Jace suddenly felt small.

“Hey dad.”

“Son.” He said quietly.

Sarah grabbed her purse and stood up quickly. “I am going to… um... yeah...” She dashed out.

Jace looked up at his father. “Dad, I—“

His father held up a finger silencing him. “You’re lucky you know. Doc says you’re only going to have bruises and a large bump on your head. Not even a concussion.”

“Oh good.”

“I don’t know what’s been going on with you son, but it stops now. Your only focus now is school and football. Understand?”

Jace nodded.

“You also understand that your grounded for the rest of the year right?”

He nodded again.

“Good.” He sat down in the chair that Sarah had vacated and pulled out his phone. “Now let’s talk about Utah. I hear they’re interested.”

Last edited by TheOtherPotterGuy; 08-25-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #30
Master of Disguise

Bronchos Skin the Cougars!
Odessa High is almost perfect in a big win over Abilene Cooper

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) throws a 43 YD TD pass.

Abilene, TX- After the game versus Permian, many critics expected Odessa High (6-0, 3-0) to have some sort of letdown against a solid Abilene Cooper (3-3, 0-3) team. Coach King didn't help matters when he decided to bench several starters including quarterback Jace Williams in the first quarter for 'violation of team' rules. Fans got a glimpse of what life could be like without Jace in the lineup as the offense struggled mightily and we found ourselves down 10-0 going into the 2nd. Coach King finally found some sense and put the starters back in and they never looked back on the way to a 65-20 victory over the Cougars.

"I am not going to explain myself to you Martin." Coach King said after the game. "We have rules and when the rules are broken, there are consequences."

Broncho WR Jimmy Ostrander (82) catches a toe tapping TD.

Some of my sources say the punishment is the result of the players walking off the field before shaking the hands of the Permian players. But seriously, who blames them? Those guys are crazy.

"Sorry man, we were told not to talk about it." Wide receiver Jimmy Ostrander said. "Coach made that pretty clear."

Broncho WR Deandre Hill (80) catches a 21 yd pass for a TD.

Fans were also worried that the unexpected breakup of Jace and Emily, who were just crowned homecoming king and queen a few weeks ago, would affect his performance. Fear not, for Jace looked much more focused and free then we have ever seen before. He was precise and efficient and moved the offense at will. The only miscue he had was in an interception that was tipped by Broncho wide receiver Darrius Green and caught by Cougar safety Tye Wade.

Jace also found a new favorite target in tight end Devin Wheeler. Wheeler exploited the slow linebackers of Abilene Cooper's defense and scored his first 2 touchdowns of the year. Usually a blocking tight end, Wheeler really showed off his receiving ability tonight in front of a Abilene crowd that had several small school scouts attending.

Broncho TE Devin Wheeler (87) catches a wide open pass and runs in for a TD.

"Jace and I both noticed their flaw in the game film this week." Wheeler said. "So we practiced a ton all week and I think it really paid off tonight. I hope to become a under the radar weapon for this team and for any future team that is willing to take a chance on me."

The only gripe I have about this team so far this year is something I've mentioned time and time again. The offensive line MUST get better. Jace was under pressure all night. Cougar defensive end John Manning abused the right tackle (who I will not name until he gets better), and accumulated 3 sacks. Even the defense has stepped up their game over the past few weeks. If the Bronchos expect to make a run in the playoffs, that line has to do better. Jace can only perform magic so many times.

Cougar DE John Manning (47) sacks Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) for the third time.

Our Odessa High Bronchos will return home next Friday and take on the Midland Lee Rebels (0-6, 0-3) who are having a terrible year. Tickets are still available so go get some! Let's have a sold out crowd cheering on our boys in what will probably be a guaranteed win.

QB Jace Williams
18-26, 502 YDS, 6 TD, INT
8 ATT, 55 YDS, 2 TD

TE Devin Wheeler
5 REC, 118 YDS, 2 TD

DE John Manning
7 TKL, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks

-- A couple of updates. Jace is starting to get more attention nationally and that has resulted in some big time programs reaching out to him. Jace's top 2 has stayed the same from last week but he has replaced Arizona with SMU. It's interesting that he has 2 small programs in his top 3. Also ESPN has noticed the stellar play of Jace and they have him ranked at 120 in their top 150 high school players.

Jace's Top 3 Schools

Scholarship Offers

Interested Schools

Old 08-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #31
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

That's a nice list forming for Jace.. curious to see if those Texas schools can keep him in state when signing day rolls around. I'm happy Jace has got Sarah around.. she's a good friend calling his parents like that and keeping him in line hahah.. curious to see how the storyline moves now that this incident has happened.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #32
Master of Disguise

One For The Record Books!
Odessa High Pounds a Hapless Midland Lee Team Into Oblivion

Broncho QB Jace Williams (7) celebrates after throwing a long TD pass.

Odessa, TX- If there was a game you had to attend to see how good Jace Williams and this Broncho offense is, this would be the game.

Odessa High (7-0, 4-0) was seemingly able to move the ball and score at will as they destroy the Midland Lee Rebels (0-7, 0-4) 80-17. The Bronchos broke records for most points ever scored in a game (80), most passing yards in a single game (662), most touchdowns thrown in a game (10), and most receiving yards in a game (295).

Broncho TE Devin Wheeler (87) and HB Curtis Howard (24) out run the Rebel's defense for a TD.

"Whew. I am glad we weren't on the receiving end of that one this time." Head Coach Ron King said. "I've been apart of a team being blown out so I know how they (Midland Lee) are feeling right now.

The star of the game was of course quarterback Jace Williams. Jace has elevated his game to an even higher plane in the past few games. Being a single man seems to have rejuvenated him and has been the best thing to ever happen to our school. He was so good, the opposing coaches and fans were seen just shaking their heads in awe.

Broncho WR Deandre Hill (80) catches a pass in front of a Rebel corner and runs in for a 82 yard TD.

"Well what more can you say about him?" Wide receiver Deandre Hill said. "He seems to step it up every week. It's easy playing with him. All I need to do is extend my hands and boom! the ball is there."

The Rebel's defense, which has struggled all year long, could do nothing against this freight train. Even the offensive line held up and didn't allow a sack in this game, the first time that has happened all year. Jace was able to go to the locker rooms with a clean jersey.

"It was amazing." Utah Utes scout Romney Young said. "Even that quarterback from the other school (Permian's Abraham Collins) wasnt this perfect. I think he even threw a pick."

That's right. Even though Permian beat Midland Lee 56-7 a few weeks ago, supposedly highly touted quarterback Abraham 'Greasy Hair' Collins threw for only 300 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception against the Rebel's.

Broncho HB Curtis Howard (24) trucks a Rebel defender and takes a screen pass into the end zone for a TD.

"I tell you what, I'd play for him any day." Tight end Devin Wheeler, who had another great night, said. "Even if he wasn't any good, he is just a great guy to be around."

At 7-0, our Bronchos have four games left in the season and remain on top of the district standings. The buzz around this team is starting to amplify and people are now starting to look towards a deep playoff run, something that hasnt happened for Odessa High in a really long time. The Bronchos will head to Lubbock next Friday to take on the Lubbock Coronado Mustangs (6-1, 3-1) who are tied with Permian and Abilene High for second place in the district standings. This will also be one last chance for the Texas Tech coaches to grow some brains and get a good look at a recruit playing in their own back yard.

Quick Reminder! Mrs. Robertson wants to remind all seniors that the deadline to have senior portraits done will be in two weeks! Also if you need help purchasing a cap and gown for graduation, stop by the debate room after school!

QB Jace Williams
26-29, 662 YDS, 10 TD

WR Deandre Hill
7 REC, 295 YDS, 3 TD

TE Devin Wheeler
5 REC, 164 YDS, 3 TD

Jace texted me yesterday and told me that he will begin taking official campus visits. He will travel to New Orleans this weekend to visit Tulane, and then Boulder, Colorado next weekend to see Colorado University. The PAC 12 seems very interested in Jace as Washington has now thrown their hat into the ring. That makes 4 PAC 12 schools that want to see Jace commit to them. ESPN has Jace ranked 74th in the top 150 and all scouting services have him officially listed as a 5 star recruit. That is a first in Odessa High school history.

Jace's Top 3 Schools

Scholarship Offers

Interested Schools

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »