Home

No Ben, No Bell, No Brown --A Pittsburgh Steelers (?) Dynasty M17

This is a discussion on No Ben, No Bell, No Brown --A Pittsburgh Steelers (?) Dynasty M17 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
No Ben, No Bell, No Brown --A Pittsburgh Steelers (?) Dynasty M17

Greetings. I am just starting my newest Pittsburgh Steelers Dynasty. I'll give you all of the details shortly, but be prepared - this won't be your normal Steelers franchise.

Platform: XBOX one

Quarter length, injuries, all that good stuff: TBD. I'm looking for realistic play counts, so probably 13 min or so.

Skill Level: All-Pro with adjusted sliders. Starting with Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders in the Pre-Season and will be working on tweaks from there.

What is different about this dynasty: Well, my favorite thing about Madden is taking the untalented and overmanned teams and building them up to a powerhouse. So, I've essentially developed a (mildly) believable backstory whereby I will strip down the Steelers roster to nothing to have to build back up over time.

House Rules: My main goals are realism and fun, so I don't nano blitz, I don't switch defensive players, I don't call cheese plays over and over, etc. I also won't trade for 30 draft selections in one draft, and I won't make unrealistic trades to take advantage of the computer. If it feels like it might be cheating, I probably won't do it.

Starting point: I'll be playing as if the 2017 NFL Draft just completed, and then all hell will break loose.

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 08-25-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: No Ben, No Bell, No Brown --A Pittsburgh Steelers (?) Dynasty M17

Updated 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers Depth Chart

Spoiler

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 08-25-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Saved for draft info
Old 08-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Saved for additional information that hasn't been determined yet.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:37 PM   #5
Rookie

2017 NFL Draft Results - Pittsburgh Steelers

With the Draft just ending over the weekend, let's take a look back at the Pittsburgh Steelers' selections, and get some thoughts on what this may mean for the team going forward.

Round 1, Pick 30 (No. 30 overall)

T.J. Watt, LB, Wisconsin: The Steelers will try again to find a pass-rushing complement for James Harrison, whom one would assume at some point in his 50s or 60s will have to stop playing football. Watt has a chance to finally end the search. He tested extremely well at the combine, and he plugs in much better in the Steelers’ 3-4 attack than he would have with a 4-3 scheme. The coaching staff in Pittsburgh won’t have to worry about effort here, either—he’s at full speed, all the time. He may never be an All-Pro, but this is a solid find at pick 30.​ GRADE: B+

Round 2, Pick 30 (No. 62)

JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC: Man, how many wide receivers do the Steelers need? If they’re all on the field together, this offense is going to be borderline unstoppable. But Pittsburgh, perhaps wisely, does not want to put all its eggs in the Martavis Bryant basket, and it has yet to see Sammie Coates take off as hoped. Smith-Schuster is a big-bodied guy who will win the one-on-one matchups he will be handed in that offense.​ GRADE: C+

Round 3, Pick 30 (No. 94)

Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee: The highlight reel for Sutton is loaded with plays where he shows incredible instincts and makes plays on the football. He didn't show that talent all the time, in large part because of injury issues, hence his Round 3 landing spot. He should get some chances as a return man. GRADE: B​

Round 3, Pick 41 (No. 105)

James Connor, RB, Pittsburgh: Not only do the Steelers land a hometown favorite with this pick, they get a physical option who can take a few carries off LeVeon Bell’s tally. He’s more than just a great story—he can hammer defenses between the tackles, and he showed some surprising pass-catching ability in 2016. GRADE: B+​

Round 4, No. 135: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee

My take: With the Steelers preferring to fill needs rather than select a quarterback early in the draft, the big-armed Dobbs is the ideal developmental fourth-rounder. He can sit for a few years and learn behind Ben Roethlisberger while the Steelers try to groom him into a future NFL starter. Dobbs is athletic and produced in a power conference, but questions persist about his accuracy. Dobbs completed 61.5 percent of his passes in four seasons at Tennessee. Steelers quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner has context for that: Tennessee asked Dobbs to push the ball downfield rather than rely on screen passes that inflate the percentage. The Steelers hit it off with Dobbs during the draft process and believe they’ve strengthened their quarterback room with the addition.

How he fits: Dobbs will compete with Landry Jones, a fourth-round pick in 2013, for the No. 2 job behind Roethlisberger. The Steelers hope Roethlisberger plays many more years, but they gave special attention to quarterbacks in this draft as insurance. The Steelers provide practice reps for second- and third-string quarterbacks, so Dobbs should get to learn on the field regardless of the depth chart. Zach Mettenberger is also on the roster and could push Dobbs for reps in training camp. “I’m not trying to placate anyone. I’m just trying to be the best Josh Dobbs every day,” Dobbs said. “Prepare as a starter, but also treat this like a learning opportunity.”

Round 5, No. 173: Brian Allen, CB, Utah

My take: A classic raw-athlete flier, Allen is just the kind of risk-reward option teams often covet this late in the draft. The numbers say Allen’s potential is extremely high: 6-foot-3, 34-inch arms, 35-inch vertical, 4.48 40. But the former Utes receiver admitted to a tough transition tackling receivers and "playing backwards," which helps explain why he’s a fifth-rounder. The Steelers are exhausting all options at cornerback for the third straight year.

How he fits: The Steelers’ cornerback room is about seven players deep, so Allen might be a practice-squad stash option if it comes to that. But the team sounds convinced Allen is more than a late-round chance. Defensive backs coach Carnell Lake said Allen would have been drafted much higher had he stayed one more season at Utah. The Steelers hope Allen’s size-and-speed combination will make it difficult for NFL quarterbacks to throw over the top of him.

Round 6, No. 213: Colin Holba, LS, Louisville

My take: Talk about conviction. Drafting a long-snapper requires plenty of confidence. The move is curious considering the team re-signed veteran Greg Warren in February. But it’s not unprecedented for NFL standards. The Detroit Lions drafted long-snapper Jimmy Landes in the sixth round last year. Draft reports say Holba’s ball placement and velocity could earn him a late-round pick, so no need to minimize the importance here. But they could have helped other positions, such as inside linebacker or tight end.

How he fits: Teams don’t draft special-teamers without having plans to play him. Holba will have a clear path to start at long-snapper, assuming he’s accurate and executes the game plan. At 6-foot-4 and 248 pounds, Holba could use a little more bulk to his frame for blocking.

Round 7, No. 248: Keion Adams, LB, Western Michigan

My take: The Steelers are stockpiling pass-rushers, which is rarely a bad idea in today’s NFL. The Steelers had late-round success with Anthony Chickillo two years ago, and the move for Adams -- a former basketball player with a good first step -- was made with upside and development in mind. Adams lacks the ideal size at 6-foot-2 and 245 pounds and will have to overcome that with speed and technique off the edge.

How he fits: Adams will enter camp fighting for third-string snaps with hopes of making the 53-man roster. He could become a practice squad option, depending on what the Steelers do with veterans. First-rounder T.J. Watt and Adams will compete with a four-man rotation returning from last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Is Trouble Brewing in Pittsburgh?

Insider information reports that the NFL is investigating the Pittsburgh Steelers front office in regards to its handling of player contracts and pay. Details have not been disclosed, but unnamed sources are reporting that the Steelers have not been properly completing player contracts, and speculation is that many (if not all) of their current players contracts are not 100% authentic. This could be the beginning of a messy situation in Pittsburgh.

While all of the details are not available as of yet, the word is that the Steelers organization is in "extreme panic mode" and is working around the clock to gather all pertinent information.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #7
Rookie

NFLPA, NFL and Goodell Agree: Steelers Operating Illegally

After weeks of internal investigation and NFL legal intervention, the NFL is reporting that the Pittsburgh Steelers' internal legal team is guilty of incorrectly processing and executing player contracts. According to multiple sources, no active players on the Steelers roster have contracts that have been properly executed according to the NFL's rigorous policy, and effectively, all current player contracts could be considered voided. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will make a formal announcement later today, but there appears to be chaos brewing in the Steel City.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Goodell: "Current Steelers Players have Legal Right to Free Agency"

In what may end up being the most bizarre twist in NFL history, Roger Goodell announced today that all players currently under contract for the Pittsburgh Steelers have effectively become free agents, due to improprieties performed by the Steeler legal team. "After an extensive review, it became remarkably clear that none of these contracts are actually legally binding. Current Steelers players have a legal right to now be treated as free agents, as none of their contracts have truly been executed in the correct fashion."
Goodell also stated that this does not effect any of the players the Pittsburgh just drafted in last month's NFL Draft, as none of them have signed to date. Pittsburgh still holds the rights to all of these players, and will be expected to complete their contracts appropriately under the new scrutiny of the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »