Home

The Saga of Darin Hudson

This is a discussion on The Saga of Darin Hudson within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
The Saga of Darin Hudson

THE SAGA OF DARIN HUDSON

Hello, and welcome to my NCAA 14 Coaching Career! Before we get into details, I'd like to give kudos to Deegeezy, Cheese2121, Hellisan, Tearz49ers, thesportsguru11, and many more. I have attempted dynasties 3 times before, and this time I promise it'll stick. Now, onto some info. (The coach is based off a Road to Glory character I had.)

DYNASTY INFO

Game:NCAA Football 14
Platform: Playstation 3
Sliders: Mix of Jarodd21s sliders
Recruiting: Won’t scout more than 50%. Also have a set of rules I will be using.
Cuts: Can not cut any player who will be in the 2-deep depth chart
Declaring: Can convince half of players declaring per year; exception for more than 5-may only convince 3
Transfers: May not convince anyone to stay and must accept all transfers
Postseason: BCS; no playoff

Other: This dynasty is not Baylor exclusive, it is a coaching career and Darin will go where he goes, be it promotion at Baylor or taking another job as HC. I have left it open to where he will go and it will be up to his character’s preference for jobs. I also must start any 5-star I recruit if they are a team need. I will also attempt to emulate my team's schedule as close to real-life as possible, and will avoid FCS teams.

DARIN'S BACKSTORY

Darin Hudson. The household name (in this universe at least) and brother of NFL TE Derek Hudson, who failed to capitalize on humongous NFL hype after two major injuries. A former 5-star recruit at halfback out of Salt Lake City, Utah, he committed to Virginia Tech on signing day after being a virtual unknown coming into his senior year. He started at running back midway through his freshman year and never looked back. After winning the Heisman trophy and national championship his sophomore year, Darin and the Hokie faithful were looking forward to defending their championship. Then, disaster struck as Darin partially tore his ACL halfway through the year and his year was over. Tech still won the national championship that year, with Darin on the sideline. Darin decided to come back for his senior year, unwisely people would later say. Hindsight is 20/20 though. Darin tore his ACL partially again that year on Senior Day vs Virginia, and Tech was upset in the ACC Championship and would go on to lose their bowl game that year as well. However, Darin’s massive talent caused him to go in the 6th round, where the Denver Broncos took a chance on the back who was once a future Hall of Famer. He got cut after a rookie season where he did not produce much and after the Broncos took a running back in the first round. Darin later returned to Blacksburg the next summer to intern under Frank Beamer, and accepted a job for the upcoming season with Blacksburg High School as Offensive Coordinator and Runningbacks Coach. After 3 seasons at the position, he took the Head Coach job after the current coach left for an FCS head coaching job. In his five years, he led the Blacksburg Bruins to a record of 77-11 over five years, winning 4 district titles and 2 state championships. Now, Matt Rhule has brought him on as OC and recruiting coordinator at his new job at Baylor. We’ll see where this new job takes Darin during his career. This is the Saga of Darin Hudson.

Last edited by BookWork123; 09-03-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Pro

Re: The Saga of Darin Hudson

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Old 09-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
Pro

SEASON-BY-SEASON COACHING HISTORY
Old 09-02-2017, 07:37 PM   #4
Pro

HEISMAN WINNERS
Old 09-02-2017, 07:37 PM   #5
Pro

You are now free to post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Following!!!

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 09-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #7
Pro

BAYLOR CONTINUES TO FILL OUT STAFF AS MATT RHULE HIRES HUDSON

Today, Matt Rhule finalized his staff as he hired former Virginia Tech standout Darin Hudson to be offensive coordinator, runningbacks coach and recruiting coordinator. This move demotes Glenn Thomas to only QB Coach, Mike Siravo to only LB Coach, and removes Jeff Nixon from the staff entirely. Hudson brings experience playing in college and the NFL and coaching at high school. Rhule hopes to add some recruiting connections with this move, as well as to hire one of the better high school coaches in Virginia, and the country.

Last edited by BookWork123; 09-03-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #8
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

The saga of Darin Hudson. Epic.

I'm honored to be of inspiration to you, BookWork. You've been a friend of my work for a long time as I recall and I'm pleased to see you give posting here another shot. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at Baylor.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »