Home

Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18)

This is a discussion on Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18)

Week 5 Packers (1-3) vs. Dallas Cowboys (3-1)

Pregame Thoughts: Dallas sports the #1 Offense in the NFL & are the #2 Overall team. They are absolutely a team who could take home the NFC title. The loss to Chicago last week is in the past & we need to regroup & come out playing Dallas like we played Atlanta, heck even Seattle. The Cowboys are the final test of our three out of division monsters, let's get this W.

Game Result: 27-19 Win
Game Injuries: None
Game MVP: Aaron Rodgers (32/37, 299 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT)
Game Thoughts: All systems were a GO today against the Cowboys & I could not be happier with the result. Rodgers played phenomenally, as per usual, racking up nearly 300 through the air. We spread the ball around fantastically as everyone got touches. Randall Cobb (6 catches, 58 yards, 1 TD), Martellus Bennett (6 catches, 44 yards, 1 TD), and Jordy Nelson (5 catches, 79 yards, 1 TD) all scored through the air, while Ty Montgomery (27 attempts, 106 yards, 1 TD) got stuff done on the ground. Speaking of ground, our run defense held Dallas very well, only allowing Alfred Morris (14 attempts, 40 yards, 1 TD) one score & held him under 50, while limiting Ezekiel Elliot (9 attempts, 52 yards) to around 50 and no score. We didn't get after Dak Prescott (18/31, 214 yards, 1 TD) as much as we have other QB's, but our secondary did a really nice job limiting he & his stellar offense.

Postgame Thoughts: This is a victory that I think people will look at & say "alright, Green Bay is absolutely a contender still, despite the rough record". With this win we have the confidence back in our corner to start stringing together some victories & take the North by storm.

Week 6 Packers (2-3) vs. Minnesota Vikings (3-2)

Pregame Thoughts: Minnesota has a Top 5 Defense in the league, but their offense is vulnerable. Our toughest test defensively was against Seattle, and we proved we could hang with them. INT's are going to be huge to avoid, which shouldn't be too hard for Rodgers.

Game Result: 22-30 Loss
Game Injuries: Aaron Rodgers (4 weeks Broken Thumb), Corey Linsley (5 weeks Elbow)
Game MVP: Latavius Murray (41 attempts, 174 yards, 2 TD)
Game Thoughts: *Breathes deeply*...*folds hands together to pray*..."please be a nightmare, please be a nightmare, please be a nightmare"... Well, reality it is... Aaron Rodgers (1/3, 2 yards) suffered a broken thumb almost immediately in the game, taking him out of commission for at the time, the game. In comes Brett Hundley (22/36, 345 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT). I really, really do have to give it to Hundley, he stepped in and did more than we could have asked for. He connected with Jordy Nelson (7 catches, 182 yards, 2 TD) a ton. Our defense went down very, very quickly, 0-24. Hundley helped lead us to a FG, then a TD, and 19, 4th quarter points later, we were one TD behind at 22-30. Unfortunately, we gave up too much too early & didn't have enough time left on the clock to get another score. Losing Rodgers here was a gut punch & honestly, completely took the air out of the Packers. If we were 5-0...4-1...losing Rodgers for a bit would still be awful, but we are in a no mistake situation right now.

Postgame Thoughts: Rodgers joins the injury list of LT David Bakhtiari, C Corey Linsley, and LG Lane Taylor. Our offense is our powerhouse, and to have 3/5 of our starting O Line out, plus our superstar QB, for a couple weeks...yikes. Had Rodgers been in, I KNOW we could have beat the Vikings, that's the toughest thing to deal with. At 2-4 & without Rodgers for a few weeks, we are in damage control mode for sure.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #10
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Below you will find the NFL Standings entering Week 7:

AFC North
1. (#4) Cincinnati Bengals (4-1)
2. (#16) Baltimore Ravens (3-3)
3. (#18) Pittsburgh Steelers (3-3)
4. (#30) Cleveland Browns (1-5)

Cincy has gotten off to a pretty good start, they weren't too bad when we faced them in Week 3. Pittsburgh is the surprise so far at 3-3, their defense looks like it's struggling a bit, but that offensive powerhouse is rolling. Cleveland is Cleveland.

AFC South
1. (#2) Jacksonville Jaguars (5-1)
2. (#9) Indianapolis Colts (4-2)
3. (#15) Tennessee Titans (3-3)
4. (#23) Houston Texans (2-4)

Did I call it, or what? Jacksonville looks to be using every single bit of that 82 OVR rating to stay out in front, but can they keep it up? Andrew Luck (92) and Indy aren't too far behind, while Marcus Mariota (88) and his Titans try to keep their heads above .500 at 3-3.

AFC East
1. (#3) New England Patriots (5-1)
2. (#10) Miami Dolphins (4-2)
3. (#27) Buffalo Bills (1-4)
4. (#31) New York Jets (1-5)

The least interesting division award goes to...the AFC East! The usual suspect is out in front & Miami seems to be having a pretty darn good start as well. Buffalo is struggling & looks to be heading for a crash course, while the New York Jets college football team somehow beat someone.

AFC West
1. (#14) Oakland Raiders (3-3)
2. (#21) Los Angeles Chargers (2-3-1)
3. (#22) Denver Broncos (2-3)
4. (#26) Kansas City Chiefs (2-4)

In my preview I said that the Wild Wild West could either be really, really good, or beat one another up. Looks like the latter has set in at the moment as Oakland leads the division at .500. Should be interesting to see if any one of these powerhouse squads can get out front over the next few weeks.

NFC North
1. (#7) Minnesota Vikings (4-2)
2. (#17) Chicago Bears (3-3)
3. (#24) Green Bay Packers (2-4)
4. (#28) Detroit Lions (1-5)

The North looks upside down, as many expected Green Bay to be out front and Detroit not too far behind. Instead, Minnesota leads the North & Chicago holds the second spot at .500. With Rodgers out we need to stay alive & pray that Minnesota and Chicago both flop a bit, while Detroit continues their losing ways.

NFC South
1. (#5) Atlanta Falcons (4-1)
2. (#11) New Orleans Saints (3-2)
3. (#20) Carolina Panthers (3-3)
4. (#32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-5)

The Falcons are flying atop the NFC South, but not too far behind are the Saints and Panthers. The Saints sport that nasty offense, while Carolina is one of the most well rounded teams in the entire league, both units in the Top 10 for talent. Speaking of talent, Tampa Bay at 1-5 is a scary team, don't underestimate them.

NFC East
1. (#1) Washington Redskins (5-0)
2. (#6) Philadelphia Eagles (4-1-1)
3. (#12) Dallas Cowboys (3-2)
4. (#19) New York Giants (3-3)

As expected, the NFC East is a monster, their worst team, the Giants, at even. Washington is currently sprinting the marathon at 5-0, the only undefeated team left in the league. This is definitely the division to keep an eye on as any one of these four teams could take over the division in the next couple of weeks.

NFC West
1. (#8) Arizona Cardinals (4-2)
2. (#13) Seattle Seahawks (3-2)
3. (#25) Los Angeles Rams (2-4)
4. (#29) San Francisco 49ers (1-5)

The NFC West looks to have the usual suspects atop the division, despite Seattle not leading. Arizona has some really good pieces on that team like RB David Johnson (96), WR Larry Fitzgerald (92), and CB Patrick Peterson (92), so their record doesn't surprise me too much. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up down the stretch. Los Angeles and San Francisco are off to their expected starts.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #11
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Below I have listed the Packers up for contract negotiations and my interest level on resigning them. The first category, Highly Interested, means I will pursue signing them at all costs within a realistic manner. The second category, On the Fence, means I am uncertain on whether or not I will pursue them & their play over the next few weeks will bring me to a conclusion. The final category, Let Him Walk, speaks for itself & I won't be pursuing them. All offers include signing bonus.

Highly Interested

WR Davante Adams (86)
- Development: Quick
- Fair Offer: 31.2 Million over 4 Years
- Thoughts: Adams is a stud muffin and is an absolute slam dunk to resign. At 24, 86 OVR, and Quick Development, I'll give this dude what he wants & then some. Jordy Nelson (92) is aging, that's no secret, and Adams can definitely work his way up to WR2 as Cobb takes WR1 in the future.

SS Morgan Burnett (85)
- Development: Normal
- Fair Offer: 26.2 Million over 4 Years
- Thoughts: Burnett is a good SS, that's pretty much where I am at with him. At 28 he's got a couple years left in the tank & is a good guy to have in the system for a bit while we work out a plan.

TE Richard Rodgers (83)
- Fair Offer: 22.8 Million over 4 Years
- Thoughts: Rodgers is our 2nd best TE at the moment behind Martellus Bennett (92), is only 24, and has a lot of room to grow. I like what he's shown me so far on the field & has some good hands. Let's write him a check.

C Corey Linsley (82)
- Development: Quick
- Fair Offer: 17.6 Million over 4 Years
- Thoughts: Quick Development at 26 for a Center...this is a no brainer. Sucks he's hurt at the moment, missing out on that progression, but once he's back he will just continue doing what he does. Growing talent and a lock on a position for years to come.

RG Jahri Evans (80)
- Fair Offer: 3.8 Million over 1 Year
- Thoughts: Meh, this is one of those signings that's a bit cringe worthy. Evans is (kinda) still start worthy, but at 34 years old and pretty much going nowhere but down, a one year deal is all I'd give him. RG Justin McCray (72) is the contingency plan at the moment for RG, while Don Barclay (70) isn't getting resigned.

LG Lane Taylor (79)
- Fair Offer: 19.5 Million over 4 Years
- Thoughts: At 79 OVR and 27 years old, I'm going to take the gamble here and say he gets better. O Line guys still have room to grow at this age & also don't regress as quickly as other positions. I think we can get a couple more OVR out of Taylor at LG & keep him out there for a couple seasons.

LOLB Jayrone Elliot (74)
- Fair Offer: 5.3 Million over 2 Years
- Thoughts: Elliot is a good guy to keep around for a couple more years. He isn't starting over Nick Perry (88) any time soon, but (R) Vince Biegel (72) is a few years away from start worth consideration. I think Elliot is a good bridge player between the two for 5 million.

RG Justin McCray (72)
- Fair Offer: 3.7 Million over 2 Years
- Thoughts: 25 year old RG who has room to grow and backs up a position with a pretty old dude, Jahri Evans (80), at 34 years old. McCray will likely be our starter in the future, I just hope he gets up there quick enough to a start worthy talent.

On the Fence

RE Ricky Jean Francois (77)
- Fair Offer: 11.4 Million over 3 Years
- Thoughts: Ricky J is for all intensive purposes, a backup, and I will be deciding whether or not he will be worth the dough to backup Mike Daniels (90) for a couple more years. I may resign him & then target someone in the later rounds of the draft, not sure yet.

CB Davon House (75)
- Fair Offer: 3.8 Million over 1 Year
- Thoughts: Davon House at this point looks to be a bridge player between former starting CB's and Quinten Rollins (74), Ladarius Gunter (73), and (R) Kevin King (71). For a couple million would it be worth keeping him around over getting these younger guys experience?

CB Ladarius Gunter (73)
- Fair Offer: 6.6 Million over 2 Years
- Thoughts: Gunter's fate kinda rests in whether or not I keep Davon House. We have enough guys at CB to let one of these dudes go, and Gunter just might be the guy. Quinten Rollins (74) and (R) Kevin King (71) are both younger & can probably end up being better.

MLB Joe Thomas (73)
- Fair Offer: 3.8 Million over 2 Years
- Thoughts: Thomas is likely forever a backup & one we may just keep around as a number. I know MLB is a target for the draft, but I can't bank on the talent being there already, still have more scouting to do. Not sure yet.

Let Walk

RG Don Barclay (70)
- Fair Offer: 2.7 Million over 2 Years
- Thoughts: Jahri Evans (80) is getting resigned & after that I am going to work on Justin McCray (72) at RG. No point in having Barclay, a 28 year old, that hasn't panned out to what we wanted.

DT Christian Ringo (69)
- Fair Offer: 5.2 Million over 2 Years
- Thoughts: (R) Montravius Adams (78) and Letroy Guion (77) are in front of ringo who is going to be hitting 26 this offseason. No point in keeping an aging 3rd string DT who I have to give 5 million to. I'll target a DT in the draft over keeping Ringo star.

WR Jeff Janis (69)
- Fair Offer: 1.9 Million over 1 Year
- Thoughts: Jeff Janis is like a bush on the property when you buy someone's house. He's there, you use him till he dies, then you replace him with something new. Harsh reality, I know.

WR Geronimo Allison (68)
- Fair Offer: 1.4 Million over 1 Year
- Thoughts: Refer to above.

QB Joe Callahan (65)
- Fair Offer: 1.1 Million over 1 Year
- Thoughts: Aaron Rodgers (99), Brett Hundley (72), Joe Callahan (65)..yep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #12
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Week 7 Packers (2-4) vs. New Orleans Saints (3-2)

Pregame Thoughts: Drew Brees and his Saints have a Top 10 Offense which is pretty much the usual down in New Orleans. Our defense has proven it can step up & stop an air raid, refer to Week 2 at Atlanta, but we are also getting beat on the ground rather consistently, refer to Week 6 vs. Minnesota. With Hundley under Center & 3/5's of our starting O Line out for the game, we're going to need a bit of luck. This is one of those weeks and one of those games you just pray things click.

Game Result: 9-29 Loss
Game MVP: Drew Brees (17/26, 239 yards, 3 TD)
Game Thoughts: DB9 and his potent offense managed the game pretty well through the air & on the ground. Things were pretty close going into halftime, the Saints up 13-6, but Brees connected with Corey Fuller (7 catches, 97 yards, 1 TD) & Michael Thomas (5 catches, 57 yards, 1 TD) shortly after halftime scores. Mark Ingram (32 attempts, 131 yards) & Adrian Peterson (10 attempts, 42 yards) ate the clock alive on the ground in the second half. Neither had phenomenal games given the number of attempts, but when you just keep running, the clock keeps moving. Ty Montgomery (12 attempts, 73 yards, 1 TD) could have put together a really solid game, but since we got down fast we needed to pass. Brett Hundley (21/38, 237 yards, 2 INT) got picked once on a bad throw & the other was a garbage late game INT. Hundley didn't play "bad", he just didn't do that well. Clay Matthews (4 tackles, 2.0 sacks) and Mike Daniels (9 tackles, 2.0 sacks) were pretty savage on the line, solid days from both of them.

Postgame Thoughts: I thought we played pretty well despite the loss. I'm not usually chipper following a loss, but we had some solid moments. We managed to hang with the Saints till half, where, unfortunately, they pulled away thanks to a good ground game & some nice tosses from Brees. Hundley had some trouble getting into a rhythm against a pretty poor defense that would have likely just been exploited by Mr. Rodgers. At 2-5 we are in a pretty bad spot...but stay with us Packer faithful, we'll figure it out.

Week 8 Packers (2-5) vs. BYE WEEK (0-0)

Week 9 Packers (2-5) vs. Detroit Lions (2-5)

Pregame Thoughts: Looks like bad fortune has hit Matthew Stafford and his Lions as well, so far this season. Detroit is a good team, boasting a Top 10 Offense, but their defense has some holes, pretty similar to New Orleans. We failed to score on the bad defense last week, but we managed to keep Brees & company down in points till pretty much the 3rd and 4th quarters. If we are going to win this game, we need to get out front early & keep up in a shoot out. Easier said than done with Hundley under Center.

Game Result: 15-47 Loss
Game MVP: Matthew Stafford (23/31, 237 yards, 4 TD)
Game Thoughts: Ever have one of those games where you say to your team, "alright, this is exactly what we cannot have happen"...then it happens? That pretty much sums up today vs. Detroit. Stafford got his offense rolling very quickly & they wanted a shoot out. Problem is, we couldn't deliver. Brett Hundley (16/32, 203 yards, 1 TD, 5 INT) got picked a few times trying to create some magic, can't really blame him for trying. There were a couple garbage INT's in there towards the end, so I'd really say he got picked maybe 2-3 times total, but it was enough to do some damage. Theo Riddick (32 attempts, 170 yards) blasted us on the ground to make things a pretty nasty duel threat for the Lions. How is this team & this offensive unit 2-5? I want to note Ty Montgomery (14 attempts, 77 yards), because, despite the loss, he averaged a strong 5.5 yards per carry. Between last week's 6.0 ypc and this week's, Montgomery is playing good ball. (R) Jamaal Williams (3 attempts, 22 yards) also got in on the action and put together 7.3 yards per carry, atta boy. Jordy Nelson (5 catches, 101 yards, 1 TD) scored our only TD in the loss & he's been pretty reliable no matter what. The defense did not come to play today, maybe Matthews and Daniels used up their juice recording 4 sacks on Brees last week.

Postgame Thoughts: With Rodgers making a comeback in Week 10, Week 9 was a bit of a "let's see what happens, week". At 2-6, our record isn't something to play around with, but there's only so much you can do with a backup QB, 2/5's a starting O Line, and a defense who isn't filled with playmakers.

Week 10 Packers (2-6) vs. Chicago Bears (4-4)

Pregame Thoughts: Mr. Rodgers is officially back and it looks like Lane Taylor, David Bakhtiari, and Corey Linsley will be making their way back each week for the next 3 games. Here's the deal: the Bears aren't a New York Jets or San Francisco 49ers, but they are a team we should not be losing to. Mitchell Trubisky started a few games, but it looks like they've moved things to Mike Glennon down the stretch.

Game Result: 31-32 Loss
Game MVP: Jordan Howard (24 attempts, 114 yards, 2 TD)
Game Thoughts: *&%#!!!! It's very frustrating when you play 59:56 minutes of hard football, only to lose it on probably the easiest play of the day. We set Mason Crosby up for the game winner, maybe, 15 yards out? We had a pretty damn good line on the ball, though it was windy, and it nailed the right goal post and bounced back into the endzone as time expired. I don't really have a ton to note on this game. Aaron Rodgers (30/41, 331 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT) was pretty good in his return, the lone INT was pretty junk & I think the Bears went 3 and out on the ensuing drive. Ty Montgomery (6 attempts, 28 yards) went down early to a one day injury, but (R) Jamaal Williams (20 attempts, 65 yards, 1 TD) filled in and recorded a score. Randall Cobb (12 catches, 174 yards, 2 TD) made fantasy owners very happy & really enjoyed Rodgers' return. We managed to record 4 sacks on Mike Glennon (25/37, 272 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT), one each from Clay Matthews (3 tackles, 1.0 sacks), Kenny Clark (3 tackles, 1.0 sacks), (R) Montravious Adams (4 tackles, 1.0 sacks), and Mike Daniels (2 tackles, 1.0 sacks). Our troubles evidently rested in the hands of our secondary and linebackers, whom couldn't contain Chicago's big man, Zach Miller (5 catches, 59 yards, 2 TD) who gave them the go ahead in the 4th.

Postgame Thoughts: Like I said, losing the game on a 15 yard FG is very frustrating. Our offense played well, 31 points, can't say anything about that. Defensively, we lacked, once again, and the holes in MLB & CB are clearly dragging us down. The season is becoming a do or die at this point, come on Pack!
Old 09-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #13
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I feel like I've read one of your dynasty reports before. Have you done one on OS before?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #14
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I feel like I've read one of your dynasty reports before. Have you done one on OS before?

Sure have buddy! Hidden Gem, the Jacksonville Jaguars franchise was mine...had like 20,000 views or so. Stopped it for madden 18 & because I had started a new season by accident without documenting the playoffs, so that messed it up. Excited to have a great run here
Old 09-21-2017, 10:30 PM   #15
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Sure have buddy! Hidden Gem, the Jacksonville Jaguars franchise was mine...had like 20,000 views or so. Stopped it for madden 18 & because I had started a new season by accident without documenting the playoffs, so that messed it up. Excited to have a great run here
Now I remember! I followed that one too. The Bucs sucked for some reason there. They better step it up here!

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 10:32 PM   #16
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Now I remember! I followed that one too. The Bucs sucked for some reason there. They better step it up here!

Haha yeah unfortunately they had a tough, tough time over the 12 years. You've got a solid group together this season man, Jameis, Evans, Jackson, McCoy, and others. Any stats or whatever you want let me know

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »