Home

Greyhound Football - It's a Great Day to be a Hound | Volume II

This is a discussion on Greyhound Football - It's a Great Day to be a Hound | Volume II within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Greyhound Football - It's a Great Day to be a Hound | Volume II

As those of you that followed my first Greyhound attempt, I got them too good far too soon and it wasn't where I wanted to be with the team. As much as the first few games were for the season after stopping posting were great, it was not realistic and just took the shine from the dynasty. With that in mind, with the team still on my team-builder, its time for the Greyhounds volume 2, but this time with some restrictive recruiting rules to hopefully limit the first 5-10 years. This will hopefully make it a struggle to beat top teams and can enjoy a long and happy Greyhound career slowly becoming a good team.

Dynasty Settings:

Team: Moravian Greyhounds (By myself, all players on roster set to senior, all skill players reduced ratings to go 0-12 in year 1, based on Georgia State roster).
System: PlayStation 3
Roster: 2015-16 Roster
Difficulty: Heisman
Season 1 & 2: Sim all games, no control just recruitment to start game play with a roster full of PA players.
Conference: 2 simmed season Independent, will start in C-USA

Slider Set
Operation Sport Community Sliders
Changes - For Game 2 to try and even out Pass/Run - CPU RB Ability +10 to 50 / USER Pass Coverage +5
Season 5 Game 8 onwards changes:
All increased to the AI:

QB Accuracy - 10 from 5
Pass Blocking - 45 from 40
RB Ability - 45 from 40
Run Blocking - 40 from 35
Pass Coverage - 35 from 30
Rush Defense - 10 from 5

Recruitment Restrictions:

Can only recruit in the state of Pennsylvania for the first 10 ten years of the Dynasty. Looking at new teams, many don't get many 3 stars and usually many home grown recruits which is what I want to replicate.

*70 man roster, no cutting unless a walk on. Cannot over sign players leaving + transfers out.

*For the first 5 years can only recruit 1 and 2 star prospects plus.....
*Year 1, I can have ONE 3 star player, but must be within 100 miles of Bethlehem.
*Year 2, I can have TWO 3 star players, but 1 must be within 100 miles of Bethlehem.
*Year 3, I can have THREE 3 star players, but 2 must be within 100 miles of Bethlehem.

Now this is where it changes. From year 4 onward its on a dice roll for 3 stars. If I roll a 1 or 2, we lose a 3 star we can have for the next year. 3 or 4 we stay at the same amount and a 5 or 6 we can increase by 1. This should nicely slow down how many 3 star players we can have. Will revisit this after 5 years and make the rules for year 6 to 10, maybe increasing the number within the 100 miles rule but will see nearer the time.

The exception to the rule is if they are from Bethlehem/Allentown, can recruit them at any star value with no penalty as these are home-town kids.

Last edited by ThatBritishGuy; 05-13-2018 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Season 5 Slider updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
Pro

Head Coach Overview - Season Summaries

Head Coach Overview

Season Overview

Season Summaries

Last edited by ThatBritishGuy; 03-13-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
Pro

Award Winners

Award Winners

Last edited by ThatBritishGuy; 05-13-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
Pro

Hall Of Fame

Reserved

Hall of Fame

Last edited by ThatBritishGuy; 11-05-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
Pro

Reserved

National Champions List

Last edited by ThatBritishGuy; 10-25-2021 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
Pro

Recruiting Class - 2014 & 2015

Well, as you can imagine Recruitment is not exactly challenging or as much fun with only 82-84 players in PA a season, but I'm quite happy with where we are. Luckily a couple good QB's came up in 2nd recruitment (Was one 3 star that came back at 75 but passed as that's too much) and have managed to get something of an O-line together. No decent running backs or middle linebackers at all so far, but that's how it is.

Played the first game, but time to get the background stuff finished first and get ready for testing times with the Hounds.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
Pro

C-USA Outlook 2015

Old 09-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #8
Pro

Greyhound Football - Roster 2015

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »