Home

Dead Thread File Corrupted

This is a discussion on Dead Thread File Corrupted within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #1
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

OVR: 0
Dead Thread File Corrupted

A little Backround on this Dynasty. I simmed 2013 as Jimbo Fisher got FSU the BCS Title like real life. Simmed 2014 thru 2016 til the Bowl Season so I could set up the Playoffs. Then made Coach Hill took the Miami (Ohio) job on the premise Coach Hill was a on the rise up and coming FCS coach who wanted to try his hand in the FBS. After 3 years at Miami (Ohio) and a National Championship in 2018 (the first year of my current 8 team playoff format) Coach Hill needed a bigger Challenge so he moved on to Kansas. Where is where we are now.

Playoffs

The last is the Current season so I'll start with my Playoff Write up

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

Re: NolesFanatic17 Coach Hill Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Regional Playoffs

North Regional

#1 Army vs #17 UCLA

The Army Black Knights and UCLA Bruins met in the North Regional Playoff. Army looked good early leading 14-0 after the 1st Quarter of play. But UCLA would claw their way back into the game adding a TD and FG in the 2nd stanza. The teams would head to the locker rooms with Army holding a 14-10 advantage. The 3rd Quarter would be all Bruins adding 2 TDs to secure a 24-14 lead entering the final quarter. Army would take over scoring 21 points in a furious comeback out scoring UCLA 21-7 in the final stanza to claim a 35-31 victory.

South Regional

#2 Oklahoma vs #16 Clemson

The Tigers had history on their side coming into the South Regional Playoff but after the First Half it was evident History wasn't looking to repeat itself on this Night. The Sooners lead 14-0 after the 1st Quarter and Clemson trailed 28-0 nothing before scoring 2 late 2nd Quarter TDs to bring the Halftime tally to 28-14. OU added a TD in the 3rd before Clemson got on the board with a FG but that's as close as the Tigers would get. OU added a 4th Quarter TD to make the final tally 42-17.

East Regional

#3 Texas A&M vs #11 Auburn

The #3 Aggies came into the East Regional Playoff hungry to prove they belonged even though it was their opponent the #11 Auburn Tigers who had come in as the SEC Champs. The Aggies would put any hopes of a Tiger victory to bed early storming out to a 21-7 Halftime lead. The 3rd Quarter wouldn't be any kinder to the 11th Ranked Tigers as A&M would add 17 more points after a Tiger TD on their first drive bringing the score to 38-14 A&M after 3 Quarters. Auburn would score the lone TD in the 4th adding the 2 point conversion but the damage was done and Texas A&M would earn the 38-22 victory.

West Regional

#4 Kansas vs #6 Penn State

Kansas entered the West Playoff Regional feeling like they had something to prove and prove a point they did. The Jayhawks defense shut down the Nittany Lion offense for most of the evening only allowing 1TD on a blown coverage early in the 2nd Quarter. Kansas took a 17-10 advantage to the Locker Room but this game was already over. The Jayhawks defense smothered Penn State not allowing anything in the 3rd Quarter and only surrendering a FG with 3:38 left but by that time Kansas' Offense had taken care of business. Kansas would leave with a 34-13 victory that made the statement the Jayhawks are here on business.

In one Semi-Final #1 Army will play #4 Kansas in the Sugar Bowl where a battle of different option styles will be on display.
In the other Semi-Final #2 Oklahoma will square off with #3 Texas A&M in the Fiesta Bowl in what should be a high flying battle between old Big 12/Big 8/SWC rivals.

Semi-Final #1

#2 Oklahoma vs #3 Texas A&M

The Sooners and Aggies faced off in the first Semi-Final of 2023. It was a defensive struggle for the 1st Half with the Sooners taking a 7-3 lead into the locker room for Halftime. After Half Oklahoma would lay into the Aggies taking a commanding 24-3 lead. The Aggies would fight to cut the lead down to 24-17 before Oklahoma delivered the kill shot scoring a TD to push the score to 31-17. The Aggies would threaten but Oklahoma shut them down and claimed a hard fought 31-17 victory.

Semi-Final #2

#1 Army vs #4 Kansas

#1 Army was riding high looking to win and play for a National Championship but the #4 Ranked Jayhawks wouldn't allow that to happen. Behind a stingy defense and powerful run game Kansas turned a 14-6 Halftime lead into a 31-13 blowout win. Army was outmatched in every aspect of the game and it showed as the game wore on.

#2 Oklahoma now plays #4 Kansas in Chicago's Soldier Field for the National Championship. It's a all Big 12 rematch in which the Jayhawks won the 1st meeting this season 37-34 in 2OT in Lawrence.

National Championship

#2 Oklahoma vs #4 Kansas

Head Coach Nathan Hill brought his 4th Ranked Jayhawks into a cold Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois looking to secure his 1st National Championship as a Jayhawk coach and his 2nd Title overall. The opposition would be a familiar foe as the Jayhawks played the Oklahoma Sooners on this Night. The Game was interesting from the start Kansas would go 3 and out before OU would drive for a 3-0 lead on a Brian Jackson 54 yard FG. Kansas would settle in and take control for the rest of the quarter. Scoring on 2 TD passes by Jordan Foreman, the 1st being a 16 yard strike to Tony Moore with 2:53 to go in the Quarter and the 2nd being a 35 yard frozen rope to Ross Coley as the 1st Quarter ended. The Defenses would own most of the 2nd Quarter with Kansas only managing a a FG at the 2:44 mark on a Ryan Johnson 37 yard kick. Oklahoma would claw its way back into the game with a Matthew Andrews 1 yard TD pass to Joe Freeman with 23 seconds left to go before the intermission. Bringing the score to Kansas 17 Oklahoma 10. The 3rd Quarter saw Defense take center stage with only Oklahoma managing to get points on a TD pass that covered 41 yards from Mathew Andrews to Nathan Hampton. After 3 Quarters the game would be tied Kansas 17 Oklahoma 17. The 4th Quarter would be the Jayhawks statement Quarter. The Defense took over getting their 3 turnovers on Interceptions and the Offense would take advantage scoring on a Tim Jackson 2 yard run with 6:27 left and a 7 yard run by Jeff Rutledge with just 17 seconds left to seal the game. The Jayhawks would tally their 3rd and final turnover on a Hail Mary attempt and would take a knee on offense to seal the victory. After the game Coach Hill had this to say " Wow right now I'm just so proud of these young men who represented the Jayhawk Nation well tonight. We had opportunities all year where things didn't favor us but we kept fighting. After losing the opener people thought we were done but we circled the wagons and here we are raising the Crystal Ball. Oklahoma has a really good team and to play them two times this year and come away with a W both times is really special. We learned somethings that proved huge for us tonight in the first matchup. Just excited that our Seniors get to leave knowing they finished the deal and got the Title. We're gonna celebrate tonight but come next week it's back to work to see if we can get another one of these trophies next season. WE DID IT JAYHAWK NATION!!!
Kansas finishes the year as Big 12 and National Champions. Now we'll see how they do with a target on their back.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

After a highly successful season that ended in National Championship shocking news comes out of Lawrence, Kansas. After 3 years with the Jayhawks a contract dispute resulted in a coaching change. People close to the situation say the University and Former Head Coach Nathan Hill were trying to hammer out a extension to add to the 1 remaining on Hill's contract but couldn't find common ground. Hill was looking to be one of the top paid coaches after earning his 2nd National Championship but Kansas only offered mid-level money citing Basketball expenses as their main priority. Coach Hill unable to get the level money he felt he deserved stepped away. At his press conference he had this to say " I'm deeply saddened by the events as they've transpired but the University has left me no choice but to look elsewhere for a Head Coaching job. To the players and Recruits I leave behind I wish nothing but the best in your endeavors as you do your best to represent this University. I have been told a replacement for me is in place I'm sure the University will announce who that person is shortly. To the Jayhawk fans who supported me for these past 3 years, I knew a day would come I would move on I didn't think it would be so soon but thank you for the love and support you showed me and my family. I don't know where my next stop will be but I look forward to seeing where Kansas goes from here. Thank You." The University announced about 3 hours after that press conference they had indeed found their next man. The Jayhawks new coach is their former defensive coordinator Kevin Kane who served as D.C. for the last 2 seasons. Kane made this statement at his press conference "Glad to the new man at Kansas, Certainly look forward to teaching and guiding the young men, Coach Hill did a fine job but had to make a tough decision about his future, we will try to continue building on what he started. Coach Hill is a great man and I wish him all the best in his coming opportunities. As for the team we have a lot coming back and look forward to being competitive in the Big 12 and on A National scale. With a New Coaching staff we have a lot to prove but look forward to the Challenges that lie ahead." Lawrence, Kansas won't be the same but hopefully good things will continue to happen for the Jayhawks.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

Exciting news from the University of Colorado today as after firing their former Head Man the Buffaloes have found the new leader of the Black & Gold. The Official announcement came about a hour ago but the buzz started building a week ago. The Buffaloes named former Samford (FCS), Miami (Ohio) & most recently Kansas Head Coach Nathan Hill. A contract dispute ended Hills most recent job at Kansas this past offseason following his 2nd National Title, his 1st at Kansas. With Jayhawks unwilling to pay the Buffaloes took to the phones gauging interest from possible replacements. It didn't take long to find their new man either. The New Colorado Coach had this to say in his first press conference as the Buffaloes head man. "Let me start by saying I can't wait for the Season to get here so we can go to work making Colorado fans proud of their Buffaloes. I've already met with my assistants and they know where we wanna be and what I expect of them. When looking for a Job this time round I wanted a place where I could build a Dynasty and be for years to come, I think I've found that in Colorado. I don't want to be 3 years and done I wanna be here 20 to 40 years of they'll have me that long. I know I have to Hit the ground running but that's just what I plan on doing. The Pac 12 is a tough conference but I wanna be competitive and coming from the Big 12 I think I can adapt real quick. We will make this fan base proud. Thank you everyone for your time, Go Buffs!!!"
As you see Coach Hill is excited to be in Boulder and has been successful in his past.
Here's hoping the future is just as successful.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

Season Preview

Schedule

The Buffaloes have a fairly daunting schedule that lies in front of them. After opening the year in Denver with the annual Rocky Mountain Showdown the Buffaloes will return to Boulder for the Conference opener with Cal. The Buffaloes will then have a highly anticipated road game in Lincoln as the renew the rivalry with former Big 8/12 foe Nebraska, following the trip to Lincoln a Bye Week awaits the Buffaloes before they make 3 consecutive trips to the West Coast for Conference play @ Stanford, @ Oregon & @ USC. Once the Buffs are finished in L.A. it's of to South Beach to play the University of Miami in a huge Non-Conference clash. The Buffs return home for a BYE following the Miami then its back to work with Home games vs UCLA and Oregon State. Following the Beavers matchup Colorado hits the road to take on Arizona State in Tempe for their last Road Trip of the season. They then return home to play Arizona before Battling the University of Utah in the annual Rivalry to close the season. Wins might be tough to come by for the Buffs this season many pundits have them going anywhere in the 3-9 to 5-7 range with most pundits saying 4-8 with Wins over Colorado State, Cal, Oregon State & Utah. But there are possibilities to get 8 to 10 wins if plays are made. Go Buffs!!!

Team Preview
Offense
With 10 returning starters that includes 7 of those being Seniors this should prove to be the strength of the Buffaloes. Starting QB Rs Sr Ulysses Walker returns to leads the attack. Behind him the Buffs plan on using a 2 Running Back stable with 2 seniors #24 Joel Reid and & 23 Mike Brown the FB spot is manned by a Fr #44 Tyson McGuire. On the outside there are capable WRs lead by Junior Eddie Walker & Senior David Horn. 2 Junior TEs Carlos Cook & Jamaal Slaughter could be threats as well. On the O-Line the O-Line Consists on 3 Seniors and 2 Juniors with Junior C Jonathan Thornburg calling out the reads. The line averages 6'4 312 lbs. So mashing opponents should be on the minds of Buffaloes fans.

Defense

The Defense is different story it will be lead by 5 Senior leaders. Plenty of experience returns but not a lot of depth. The leader of the Defense is Rs Sr FS #37 Ron Murphy and I'll just quote him and move on to special teams after Murphy had this to say " Lotta people gonna doubt us and call us the weak link but this Defense is coming to play every Saturday. We're gonna Hit everything that moves and let God sort em out." So it sounds like there's a chip on a units Shoulder in Boulder.

Special Teams

Definitely the most unknown of all the Buffaloes units. The Buffs lost their Kicker & Punter to Graduation so until we see the guys play it's a toss up but Coach Hill did say he's pleased with the special teams play in practice. #1 Chris Gates will handle all Kicking duties and #2 Bryant Murray will handle the punting duties. It really is a waiting game here folks. In the Return game it will be 2 Juniors back to Receive Kicks in #80 Pete Hayward & #21 James Downs. #80 Hayward will also man the return duties to start the year.

Here's to a successful season and hopefully Titles to come. Go Buffs!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #6
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

NolesFanatic17 Coach Hill Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Rocky Mountain Showdown Preview

Buffaloes lead the Series 68-25-2

The Buffaloes and Rams will meet in Denver to renew this annual Rivalry. Hopes are high for the Rams fans but Colorado seems to be the prohibitive favorite once again. Colorado enjoys a sizable lead in the series and definitely runs the state recruiting wise but the Rams hope to eek one out in thrilling fashion.
Prediction:
Colorado 38 Colorado State 17

Last edited by NolesFanatic17; 09-27-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #7
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

The Rocky Mountain Showdown went about as expected with Colorado hammering Colorado State on the ground for a 48-17 victory for the Buffaloes. It was all Colorado for most of the 1st Half scoring 4 TDs and FG before Halftime. WR Eddie Walker had 3 1st Half TD receptions (23,17 & 5 yards respectively) from Ulysses Walker. Joel Reid had a 11 yard TD run in the 1st Quarter as well. Colorado State Got on the board with a TD but the Buffaloes led 31-7 @ Half. In the 2nd Half Colorado kept pounding Ulysses Walker added a 4th TD pass to his stats with a 16 yard strike to Carlos Cook and Mike Brown added a 11 yard Run. Colorado State would add 10 points. But it was too little too late as Colorado walked away with the Big victory. Buffaloes now hold a 69-25-2 lead in the series.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #8
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

California Golden Bears vs Colorado Buffaloes Game Preview
The Colorado Buffaloes are riding high after a huge win in the Rocky Mountain Showdown but things get considerably tougher this week as Cal comes calling. The Golden Bears have yet to play on the young season but they look to be up for a fight. Colorado and Cal both look to open the Conference schedule on a high note, but someone has to lose and Colorado has the Homefield and momentum.
My Prediction
Colorado 34 California 24

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »