Home

Journey to the HOF ( Madden 17 CAP)

This is a discussion on Journey to the HOF ( Madden 17 CAP) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2017, 03:54 AM   #9
Rookie

megarover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Journey to the HOF ( Madden 17 CAP)

Game Day Arrives
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NDI4MDIw.jpg (62.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 11-21-2017, 04:11 AM   #10
Rookie

megarover's Arena

New England Patriots at Washington Redskins
Feb 5, 20171ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New England Patriots (12-4)0200929
Washington Redskins (13-3)0714627

Brady wins 5th SuperBowl

Tom Brady and the New England Patriots have emerged victorious in what
was an impressive game. Though the game took a sour turn early on when
Redskins QB Kirk Cousins was injured early in the 1st half. Washington still
had a chance to come away with the win late in the game but the Patriots
defense was able to hold them scoreless in the final two minutes.

SuperBowl MVP- Tom Brady
Old 11-21-2017, 04:50 AM   #11
Rookie

megarover's Arena

Off Season Shuffle

Head Coaches Change

Cardinals Fire Bruce Arians. Hire Jeremy Stott
Colts Fire Chuck Pagono. Hire Bruce Arians
Bengals Fire Marvin Lewis. Hire Arthur Bey
Rams HC Jeff Fisher Retires. Hire Tomas Pita
Chiefs HC Andy Reid Retires. Hire Demetrius Turner

Tom Brady Calls it Quits

QB Tom Brady Retires
WR Larry Fitzgerald Retires
OLB Demarcus Ware Retires
OLB Terrell Suggs Retires
WR Steve Smith Retires
LT Jason Peter Retires

Dolphins Pay Big Bucks for LT

Dolphins Sign LT Andrew Whitworth
Giants Sign TE Martellus Bennett
Redskins Sign SS DJ Swearinger
Panthers Sign RB Legarrette Blount
Cowboys Sign LOLB Shaquil Barrett
Bears Sign TE Dion Sims
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2017, 06:04 AM   #12
Rookie

megarover's Arena

Hey this is George Burns and many of you may know me as a beat writer for the Green Bay Packers. Unfortunately I’ve been canned for my last article where i chastised the poor effort by the Packers in the trenches following their loss in the divisional round. Either that or my frequent drunken phone calls to my editor have finally caught up to me. Regardless I’ve started a new solo project focusing on some of the NFL hopefuls who have caught my attention in this years draft. I’ll be tracking whether they make the roster and what they do with the opportunity presented to them. The Hall of Fame is the goal for these men but the first step is making the team.

California Kids

UCLA SS Treyvonn Damon- The Former Bruin Safety was among the standouts at the NFL Draft Combine. Showcased his impressive speed and caught the attention of more than a few scouts in attendance throughout the event. Scouts were already aware of his notorious ability to lay hits and was thought of as the few elite box safeties in the draft. A team looking to beef up their run support would be wise to pay close attention to him. Questions are still asked about his ability in coverage.

California WR Joshua Morgan- It is the same story every year at universities across the nation. A kid comes out of nowhere and outplays everyone ahead of him to make the team. However they are rarely regarded as the top receiver in their conference. But leading the Pac-12 in receptions has a tendency to change the opinion people have of you. His eleven Receptions in the East-West Shrine Game further skyrocketed his former dismal chance to making the NFL into a definite possibility.

The Southern Boys

Alabama WR Ray Allen- Going to a program as prolific as Alabama and winning a National Championship has a way of putting you in the spotlight. But that hasn’t seemed to slow down down Allen who was the #1 receiver on his undefeated squad. Despite winning the Biletnikoff there are concerns of his relatively slight frame and whether he will be able to deal with the grind of the NFL season. Only time will tell.

Alabama ROLB JP Evans- Now here is a guy that I know a lot of you didn’t know around this time last year. If you did it was likely because he was the blood cousin of fellow Crimson Tide Ray Allen. After all he didn’t see the field much in his first four years at Tuscaloosa as a backup linebacker. But a career ending injury to LB Dwight Howard late in the season thrusted the starting role right into Evans lap. From that point on he terrorized defenses off the edge but critics wonder whether it was fluke. Was it all talent or did he merely benefit from the interior pressure applied by Alabama’s defensive line?

Georgia CB Sly Benoit- From some players a change of scenery is necessary to really showcase their talents. Although he was initially recruited to Alabama his time there was cut short due to off the field issues. Returning home to Atlanta seemed to be just the thing to get his head on right. It didn’t take him long to take up a leadership role in the Bulldogs secondary and you could always find him jawing it up on the field with opposing receivers. He is regarded as a top notch talent but his troubled history as well as his uncanny knack to pick up dumb pass interference calls make him a hard pick to call.

Ohio Duo

Miami-Ohio QB Cam Barton- I know this is the guy you wanted to hear about. Everyone loves when a obvious talent makes some noise from the Group of Five. This kid didn’t get much acclaim coming out of high school and his first two years of college ball were forgettable. But you can’t deny the kid can move the ball through the air. Now the obvious disclaimer on him is that he wasn’t exactly playing in the SEC. I tell anyone who has their doubts to watch the Cotton Bowl where he shredded #5 Notre Dame to the tune of 4 scores while outplaying Irish QB Zach Craft . Will be interesting to see who teams pick between Barton and Craft.

Ohio State TE Hod Near- We all know about the big tight ends in football who made a name for themselves on the hardwood. In a modern remix here comes the 6-9 shortstop turned collegiate football player. Now lemme make this clear when I say this kid is not a good blocker. Years playing baseball have put him behind the curve. On the other hand he has shown flashes at times at being a complete matchup problem. Scout are likely to ignore his obvious miscues if it means they find a diamond in the gem. After all Urban Meyer figured he was worth a shot and the Buckeyes were a win away from the Title Game. ( To be fair though in high school he had like two feet on his defenders and was catches passes from Cam Barton of all people)
Old 11-24-2017, 06:39 AM   #13
Rookie

megarover's Arena

NFL Draft - Round 1 Recap
PickTeamPlayerPosHtWt
1Jets T. SingletaryROLB
2CardinalsG. SpearLT
3BrownsR. Jacquet LE
4ColtsJ. TrevathanLOLB
5BengalsB. VentroneLT
6JaguarsJ.SpearmanRT
7BrownsZ. CraftQB
8PanthersB. MclaughlinMLB
9LionsL. BroughtonDT
1049ersT. HansonLT
11TexansJ. Jefferies RT
12VikingsS. WhalenMLB
13BearsD. CantyCB
14BroncosD. McCullersRE
15CowboysD. MccraryCB
16SaintsZ. JarrettFS
17SteelersT. McfarlandFS
18DolphinsE. BassCB
19RaidersB. HamlinLT
20SeahawksR. Allen WR
21TitansC. WeeksROLB
22BuccaneersJ. WilkinsLE
23TitansA. Wreh-WilsonRB
24ChiefsC. BartonQB
25RavensD. EvansWR
26GiantsJ. GriggsLT
27PackersP. SanderLE
28BillsP. TiptonLOLB
29FalconsA. MinesWR
30ChargersE. Frisch C
31RedskinsN. BucknerLE
32PatriotsB. MohrQB
Old 11-26-2017, 04:59 AM   #14
Rookie

megarover's Arena

Legends of Tomorrow
PickPlayerCollegePosHtWt
20Ray AllenAlabamaWR
24Cam BartonMiami- OhioQB
47Joshua MorganCaliforniaWR
88Treyvonn DamonUCLASS
101Hod NearOhio StTE
135Sly BenoitGeorgiaCB

* ROLB JP Evans Undrafted
Old 12-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #15
Rookie

megarover's Arena

George Burns here and preseason has just concluded. The Atlanta Falcons head to New England to kick off the first game of the season. Seems like an appropriate time to check in on our Legends to be with their inaugural season only days away.

WR Ray Allen- Seattle Seahawks Round 1 Pick 20

Seattle was the first squad to select a receiver on draft night by adding Ray Allen late in the first round. Russell Wilson already has a handful of receiving threats in Doug Baldwin, Jerome Kearse and Jimmy Graham but trust Allen to find his role sooner than later. A dynamic playmaker will always find a place on a team. Unfortunately that will have to be after he recovers from his broken hand. He is expected back by Week 5.

Projected Depth Chart 4th WR

QB Cam Barton- Kansas City Chiefs Round 1 Pick 24

Well it seems that the Alex Smith era in Kansas City will be coming to an end after the drafting of Cam Barton. Barton was the 2nd QB to be selected this year following Zac Craft at #7. New Chiefs HC Demtrius Turner has made it clear that Barton has won the starting job but critics wonder whether the young rookie is ready. Defenses in the MAC are a far cry from the type of defenses he will see in the NFL but I think he will surprise some folks. Haven't seen a rookie QB look this poised since a man by the name of Andrew Luck.

Projected Depth Chart 1st QB

SS Treyvonn Damon- Kansas City Chiefs Round 3 Pick 24

The Chiefs have been known for their playmakers on defense the last few seasons. Quite a bit of their wins have been achieved solely on their ability to create big plays on defense. Their playmakers are getting a bit long in the tooth and could use some infusion of youth. Along comes safety Treyvonn Damon with a knack for laying out big hits. Playtime will likely be sparse and be limited to obvious passing situation or special teams. But you couldn't tell with talking with him though. “ Im excited to be here and playing alongside a guy like Eric Berry…..and I’m sure Coach will have me starting besides him anyday now ”.

Projected Depth Chart #2 SS

WR Joshua Morgan- Dallas Cowboys Round 2 Pick 15

With the departure of Terrence William to Arizona via free agency there is a need for another quality receiver on the roster. Morgan won't take the top off defenses but his hands are no joke. Cowboys HC Jason Garrett has a tendency to use Cole Beasley in the slot and Morgan's presence will make it difficult for defenses to double cover Dez Bryant. Dallas is a running team at heart but a guy like Morgan will nonetheless be a welcome addition.

Projected Depth Chart #3 WR

TE Hod Near- Dallas Cowboys Round 4 Pick 5

Jason Witten has been catching passes in a Dallas uniform going on 15 years. It seemed appropriate to begin looking for someone to replace the HOFer eventually. Hod Near will be under his direct tutelage and if anyone can teach him a thing it's Witten. Near is still raw but the Cowboys will be able to gradually work him into the offense. As of now he sits as the backup tight end.

Projected Depth Chart #2 TE

CB Sly Benoit- Cleveland Browns Round 5 Pick 7

There was a lot of buzz in Cleveland during the off-season in anticipation for rookies Roderick Jacquet and Zac Croft. Hype isn't uncommon when you add a pair of Top 10 picks to a struggling franchise. Perhaps it's about time Brown fans start paying attention to fifth rounder Sly Benoit. Benoit had difficulty staying out of trouble early in his collegiate career and his murky past put off some GMs. Luckily Cleveland welcomes all. By the end of training camp Benoit had already locked himself in as the nickel corner. A preseason injury to CB Joe Haden will have the young man starting Week 1.

Projected Depth Chart #2 CB

ROLB JP Evans- Cleveland Browns Undrafted

The unsung kid from Alabama has finally found himself a home. The young cult hero was invited to Cleveland’s training camps following the draft. He surprised many by not only making the team but winning a starting role. The decision wasn't decided till the end of preseason but teammates say they aren't surprised. “You can just look back at his game against us in the Iron Bowl….he got that hunger in him” said teammate Jacquet. Leave it to the Browns to start not one or two but three rookies (Jacquet and Benoit) on defense.

Projected Depth Chart #1 ROLB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 07:34 AM   #16
Rookie

megarover's Arena

2017 NFL Season Tip Off

Atlanta Falcons at New England Patriots
Sep 7, 20171234F
ATL (0-0)7100017
NWE (0-0)3031622
Top Performers
PASS: Jimmy Garoppolo (NE) - 27-44 , 299 yds, TD, INT
RUSH: Terrance West ( NE) - 16 att, 62 yds, TD
REC: Brian Quick (NE) - 9 Catches 90 yds
Team Stats Comparison
ATLNWE
First Downs1417
3rd Down Efficiency86
4th Down Efficiency00
Total Yards393497
Passing Yards240299
Rushing Yards8184
Penalties-Penalty Yards89 yds83 yds
Turnovers21
Time of Possession30:3529:25

Hightower and the Patriots defense harass Matt Ryan all night and hold the lead late. Apparently no Brady no problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »