Home

|| We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion ||

This is a discussion on || We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion || within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-26-2017, 03:59 AM   #1
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
|| We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion ||

WELCOME TO MY EXPANSION DYNASTY PAGE!

The first NFL game I ever attended was an exhibition game between the Cowboys and Oilers in 1996. Living in Orlando I didn't have the chance to see professional games, but instead went to the UCF games at the Citrus Bowl. But, in 1996, the Cowboys and Oilers came to town for their final tune-up game before the season.

Naturally, being young and dumb, I cheered for the Cowboys, even getting some stretched out sweaty wristbands as a souvenir. Later I would come to my senses, wise up, and become a Bucs fan like my father. I may have even became an Oilers fan, but when I started paying attention to professional football a little more, to my surprise, they weren't around anymore!

Fast forward 21 years. The Oilers are still gone, they never came back... but in the Madden universe... why not? The Browns came back to Cleveland to lose some more. The Hornets came back to Charlotte to bump the ticket prices up. The Rams returned to LA... after 21 years. So why can't the Oilers make a comeback? Well, now they can, and now they will!

The Oilers will make their return to Houston. But the Titans won't be going back, nor will the Texans be going anywhere. No, in this NFL there are only 31 teams, perhaps there was a 32nd and it went under, I haven't decided on that, but the Oilers will be the 6th expansion team since the 1970's to enter the NFL.

I have yet to decide on which team to use for the expansion. I would prefer it to be an AFC team, but with an AFC team already in Houston (Texans), I'm not sure which is stranger: two AFC teams in one city, or the Oilers (from the AFL) in the NFC?

Here is how the CFM will be setup:

Roster
Simulation Football Roster [Madden 17 / PS4] w/ modifications

Gameplay Sliders
Season 1 JoshC1997's
Season 2 Armor & Swords All-Madden Set

XP Sliders
Custom (Lowered from default)

Starting point
2017 Expansion Draft

Will add more to the settings, as of now I'm only starting to get the roster put together. Some adjustments will be to globally lower the QB throw power. This is a personal preference, but feel that overall the QBs have a little too much gunpowder in their cannons, plus the rookie classes will slide in a bit better. Also lowering K/P accuracy. Been messing around and it seems in the 70's is good. CPU kickers not as automatic, and can even lower further for my own kicker (though kick meter seems to have too much influence vs ratings). Bumping K AWR +10 basically offsets OVR drop from adjustment too.

Looking forward to getting this expansion kicked off! I was thinking of doing an Orlando or Las Vegas team, but commentary issues (did a run through with a Vegas change and commentators said I was in... Salt Lake City) and underwhelming uniform options led me here.

Plus, brought back some good memories from 1996. Hadn't thought of that game in a long time!

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 02-05-2018 at 05:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 06:16 AM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Re: || We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion ||

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 12-03-2017 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:17 AM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 12-09-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:18 AM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Roster Foundation

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 02-05-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

reserve 4 (news archive)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 06:21 AM   #6
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

reserve 5 (TBD)
Old 11-26-2017, 07:09 AM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

2014 - FA, Draft, Expansion

NFL Fast 5 - 2014 Offseason

The hottest topics from around the league, from insiders to your inbox!

D-Jax to test Free Agency - DeSean Jackson will not renew his contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. Wildly considered to potentially be the top WR on the market, we can officially say Jackson's agent is taking calls from all 31 teams. Jackson has the speed to burn any defense deep and could be the missing piece for teams looking to take the next step defensively.

Jimmy Graham, a franchise TE... or WR? - The New Orleans Saints have slapped the franchise tag on their phenomenal tight end. Not so fast! Graham claims he should be tagged as a wide receiver, claiming that due to his role in the offense he is more of a wide receiver than the tight end the Saints designate him at. Both sides are standing their grounds and now it's up to the courts to decide.

Donald Butler resigns long-term - Donald Butler and the San Diego Chargers have reached an agreement which would see the star linebacker stay in San Diego for the foreseeable future. The deal, 7 years at $51.8M, would keep Butler under contract until the 2021 season. Charger fans have to be happy knowing that inside linebacker is one position that won't need to be addressed for many years.

Clowney clear the cut #1 pick... or is he? - All year experts have said that Clowney will be the number one overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, yet recent buzz around Buffalo LB Khalil Mack or UCF's Blake Bortles continues the rise. Bortles may not be the most talented player in the draft, but he is a quarterback and quarterbacks always find themselves being taken earlier than their talent suggests.

32 teams more likely than not - It seems the league might be expanding to 32 teams after all. Team owners met recently and expansion was one of the many topics discussed during the meetings. Although nothing concrete was laid out, it would seem that owners are interested in bringing balance to the league with 32 teams. A vote amongst the owners would be required to approve a proposed expansion.

And that's the hot topics from around the league. Upcoming events on the NFL calendar include The NFL Combine, collegiate Pro Days, The 2014 NFL Draft, more owner meetings, and much much more. The NFL offseason is officially in full swing!

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 11-26-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

2014 - Expansion Rumors

An article from page two of the Feb. 2014 issue of the Miami Sporting Journal

Local Legend Aims To Help NFL Grow

MIAMI, FL - Many of our readers may not recognize the company above, but many will recognize the name Spencer Strasmore. For the few who don't, he's a former 6th overall pick out of the University of Miami who played 14 years in the NFL. Strasmore spent the bulk of his career with the Miami Dolphins before being traded and finishing his career in New Orleans. Since retirement Strasmore has become a financial manager and is currently working in the sporting division of Anderson Financial.

In recent months there has been buzz around the league about the potential addition of another NFL franchise. Although nothing official has been announced, rumors around the league indicate that Strasmore has been one of the key players in pushing for expansion. It is unclear if Strasmore's company would be involved with a new franchise, at the current valuation of Anderson Financial it would indicate that they would need to find partners to raise enough capital to pay the expansion fee (the Texans paid $700M several years ago). Nor is it clear which city would earn the rights to host the next team, with many experts pointing to Los Angeles or Las Vegas as prime destinations. The only thing clear right now is that potential of a new NFL team has taken a huge bump thanks to the involvement of Spencer Strasmore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »