Home

(Vi)Kings of the North - Minnesota Vikings Franchise

This is a discussion on (Vi)Kings of the North - Minnesota Vikings Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2
(Vi)Kings of the North - Minnesota Vikings Franchise

(Vi)Kings of the North - A Minnesota Vikings Franchise story

Franchise Information

I'm running this franchise with a combination of Many different settings, sliders, and concepts from around OS. For starters, I've set up an all 32 team league where I am the coach of every team. I will only be "managing" the Vikings, but have full control over the other teams when needed. I'm using a combination of schnaidt1 Scheme settings and profile setup, found here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...m-sliders.html

JoshC1977's Slider and Trait edits, found here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-cfm-only.html

tdawg3782's 33% xp sliders, found here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p-sliders.html

Flazko's Auto sub sliders, found here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html

And Armor and Swords 32 team franchise approach concepts, found here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-sliders.html

I have my own spin and a few small edits here and there to all of this, but all of the ideas incorporated can be credited to these fine people. The league has been set up so that every team is using the gameplan and playbook designated for them and auto subs are all the same across the board. I'll be starting the Franchise at the current state of the league(Start of the offseason after eagles superbowl win). To achieve this while maintaining 32 team control, I started a new offline league with current nfl rosters, and simmed the season with xp sliders at zero, so that the offseason started with rosters exactly how they should be. Without any further delays, Let's get this thing started!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

Re: (Vi)Kings of the North - Minnesota Vikings Franchise

Minneapolis, MN: After a great 2017 season that saw the Vikings finish at the top of the NFC North, backed by a Championship caliber defense, and an offense that pushed through early injuries and managed to succeed, they still found themselves headed home before a Superbowl appearance. There are a lot of decisions to be made in the coming offseason, which includes 3 potential starting Quarterbacks all with expiring contracts. Just days before the trio hit the open market, Coach Zimmer announced that the team felt it best to leave all their options open, and wouldn't be making any decisions on the position as of yet.

This comes as a bit of a surprise given the importance of the position, but Zimmer wasn't done shocking his audience. In an even bigger surprise announcement, he told the press that the team had agreed on a trade that would send 2017 1st round pick, HB Dalvin Cook, to the 49ers. Zimmer didn't say much about the status of the running back, but one can only assume that things didn't go as planned during his recovery from an early injury that sidelined the back for most of his rookie season. The only comment the team made was that Murray had earned his spot as the starter, and was expected to remain there.

A full breakdown of the vikings current offseason roster moves.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

The Vikings set out this offseason to evaluate and repair the offensive line and find their starting QB. Whether or not that's been successful is yet to be determined, but New starters are in place, and the preseason starts this week.

Recap of free agency and draft

Old 03-03-2018, 12:00 AM   #4
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0

Did you seriously just trade Cook to San Fransisco for draft picks???

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »