Home

Cathedral Football | The Shrine

This is a discussion on Cathedral Football | The Shrine within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #17
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Cathedral Football | The Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBallCoach
This looks like fun, great recruiting class!

thanks for checking in! we had a great push on signing day, i only went for three players (the top QB, CB, and a linemen ATH) and ended up getting em all.

this class already has me thinking of a national title...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2018, 11:35 PM   #18
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
thanks for checking in! we had a great push on signing day, i only went for three players (the top QB, CB, and a linemen ATH) and ended up getting em all.

this class already has me thinking of a national title...

I can't believe you're in 2037 and still going strong. How long has it been irl? 2 years?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-10-2018, 01:25 AM   #19
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I can't believe you're in 2037 and still going strong. How long has it been irl? 2 years?

yeah i started this back in november of 2016. , that time flew lol. it just never went stale for me ... i usually personalize all my players once they enter the program , and i’d credit that to a lot of how i’ve been able to keep this going. jaireh augustine (my new QB) is a lot better than a dan oliver decked in 1990’s looking accessories.

Last edited by beast10; 08-10-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #20
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I have to agree, the customization of players has helped. I haven't been giving them out to every player, usually just a few, but I intend to start doing more. Inevitably, sometimes a guy just has a name that actually works. My QB is Zach Bishop, and I like it. Just sounds like a Texas name (where he's from) lol. I have found that using street names gives a good mix of some unique names.
As I customize, I tend to give them a backstory. Just a personal story for me, but it helps make it fun. A few examples: Ryan Newhall was a custom that originally I didn't think would see the field much, turned out to be a legend. Dietrich Highland and A.C. Sonora are based on street names. Highland wears 23 because he idolized LeBron James, but stuck with football because it got him a full ride. Sonora wears 22 because he thinks Emmitt Smith is the greatest RB ever and models his game after him.

That definitely helps. As you and I have mentioned in a couple threads, the changing uniforms is helpful too, it adds some spice! I'm still amazed how far you've gotten in 2 years, I miss the days when I could game that much lol. I still love the Cathedral uniforms, they're simple yet refined in a way, they look great. Blue and white is always a good combo, but I'm bias as that was my HS colors Either way, 20+ seasons is wild, I'm deeper than ever before at 11, and that's because of this forum and because it's my alma mater which makes it more personal.

Another note: I don't mind you not keeping the Boise one going, it leaves the door open for me if I ever want to do a real team I've thought of doing a coaching career, with the hopes of eventually ending up in Boise. For now, I'm happy at Sonoma!

Yet another note: Don't worry about being too in depth. I know exactly what you mean, if you go for too much, this becomes a burden as opposed to a hobby. I'm happy to see that even when it became a burden, you ditched the thread as opposed to your entire dynasty. Be as minimal as you like, or go into as much detail as you like, even game by game. Young does this, he might give a small review of a game for some, but writes a detailed article for a big game or big win. It's a good system, it allows him to move quickly if he wants to, and still allows followers like me to keep up.

On to the actual dynasty: EXCELLENT recruiting class. Cathedral is well on the way to the top again with this group, which is good. I'll keep a close eye on Augustine, for sure. It's been too long since a title, time to get back on top.

I'm sad to see Petersen retire without grabbing a title on the way out, wild to see he wound up as just an OC. Maybe he wanted a smaller role as he aged?

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #21
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I have to agree, the customization of players has helped. I haven't been giving them out to every player, usually just a few, but I intend to start doing more. Inevitably, sometimes a guy just has a name that actually works. My QB is Zach Bishop, and I like it. Just sounds like a Texas name (where he's from) lol. I have found that using street names gives a good mix of some unique names.

As I customize, I tend to give them a backstory. Just a personal story for me, but it helps make it fun. A few examples: Ryan Newhall was a custom that originally I didn't think would see the field much, turned out to be a legend. Dietrich Highland and A.C. Sonora are based on street names. Highland wears 23 because he idolized LeBron James, but stuck with football because it got him a full ride. Sonora wears 22 because he thinks Emmitt Smith is the greatest RB ever and models his game after him.

That definitely helps. As you and I have mentioned in a couple threads, the changing uniforms is helpful too, it adds some spice!
i usually hand pick player numbers too, and with the editor we’re able to use duplicates and get a good selection, so that’s become one of my favorite parts of dynasty. don’t really see too many #’s in the 40’s-50’s and 80’s on cathedral. guards/centers tend to be in the 60’s , and my tackles in the 70’s.

backstories is something i use to always do, but kind of got away from it. think i may try to pull into this now that i have a thread up

Quote:
I'm still amazed how far you've gotten in 2 years, I miss the days when I could game that much lol. I still love the Cathedral uniforms, they're simple yet refined in a way, they look great. Blue and white is always a good combo, but I'm bias as that was my HS colors Either way, 20+ seasons is wild, I'm deeper than ever before at 11, and that's because of this forum and because it's my alma mater which makes it more personal.
yeah and it hasn’t even been a full two years, because i stopped playing the game for months soon after i started this up. i’m guessing i covered the most ground after i got in the accident last year, because the early 2020’s era in this feels really distant.

i wish i never stopped reporting, because to be able to look back at the archives and relive those past eras is reallly cool. never did i think i could get this far, because before cathedral i’d usually throw the in towel before the first season was over lol

and yeah , the uniforms have definitely kept me going. i’ve actually been meaning to make some new ones for probably 10 seasons now lol... my favorite picture of the dynasty is actually of my old QB jake rasmussen when we took the field against stanford and our former coach PJ Fleck to open the 2019 season decked in our new uniforms.

Quote:
Another note: I don't mind you not keeping the Boise one going, it leaves the door open for me if I ever want to do a real team I've thought of doing a coaching career, with the hopes of eventually ending up in Boise. For now, I'm happy at Sonoma!
i’ve realized i’m a lot more interested in team builder schools than real , so i’m all for you keeping the ship going with sonoma lol! but i’d follow whatever you’ve got going

Quote:
Yet another note: Don't worry about being too in depth. I know exactly what you mean, if you go for too much, this becomes a burden as opposed to a hobby. I'm happy to see that even when it became a burden, you ditched the thread as opposed to your entire dynasty. Be as minimal as you like, or go into as much detail as you like, even game by game. Young does this, he might give a small review of a game for some, but writes a detailed article for a big game or big win. It's a good system, it allows him to move quickly if he wants to, and still allows followers like me to keep up.
yeah i’m gonna stick with this format i’ve got going on now. i’ll just cover the major storylines on the weekly basis. so the write up will probably have a short recap, then in another section probably highlight some good/bad things about the game.

Quote:
On to the actual dynasty: EXCELLENT recruiting class. Cathedral is well on the way to the top again with this group, which is good. I'll keep a close eye on Augustine, for sure. It's been too long since a title, time to get back on top.
i’m really looking forward to this group. it’s focused mostly on the offensive line, and we’ve already got excellent skill players , so we could really be a threat both running and passing the ball. BUT , with a new rookie OC, who’s got arkansas state as a playbook, we’ll just have to see how it works out.

i had been running with boise state’s playbook for the past decade because petersen never left... so i’m really looking forward to the change

augustine could be amazing. we have a good track record of four year QB’s. heisman candidate jake rasmussen (19–22), ncaa record setting kila nawahine (29-32) ... augustine has a 96 throw power, which is by far the strongest on the team. stallings only had about an 83 last year, and we watched a prior 1,000 yard receiver sink down to hardly a 500 if i remember correctly.

Quote:
I'm sad to see Petersen retire without grabbing a title on the way out, wild to see he wound up as just an OC. Maybe he wanted a smaller role as he aged?
i can’t lie, i don’t really follow real college football too much, so i didn’t know who this guy really was until i did a little research last night lol. he actually did earn a title with us back in 2029, and probably did at boise to be honest. i don’t know how we ended up getting him, but i’d guess he got canned after a poor season at boise. i’d have to go in and check, i know that program had a major fall off

Last edited by beast10; 08-10-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #22
MVP

young22's Arena

Great class, Cathedral should be back on top before too long. Augustine looks like a stud, I'll definitely be watching what y'all do. I'm so jealous the editor actually works for you guys. I need a job so I can buy a new laptop, shoulda got one a while ago but I was using basketball as an excuse .

Last edited by young22; 08-10-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #23
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Great class, Cathedral should be back on top before too long. Augustine looks like a stud, I'll definitely be watching what y'all do. I'm so jealous the editor actually works for you guys. I need a job so I can buy a new laptop, shoulda got one a while ago but I was using basketball as an excuse .

lol i feel you , that was my same excuse all through high school. i hope you get it working at some point

it’ll really be something to get back in the national title. for some reason we can never pull it together against the elite teams. but on another note , kila nawahine won us our first natty as a true freshman, if that makes coaches want to start augustine more lol.

he should be pretty good. hopefully.

thanks for checking in!

Last edited by beast10; 08-11-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:41 PM   #24
All Star

beast10's Arena

OFF-SEASON: Spartans team preview, the brutal schedule, depth chart updates, new uniforms

TOUGH ROAD AHEAD:

Wk 1: vs. #22 Notre Dame
Wk 2: vs. #3 Texas (New Orleans)
Wk 3: at #8 Iowa
Wk 4: at Boston College
Wk 5: vs. Temple
Wk 6: at North Carolina
Wk 7: at Pittsburgh
Wk 8: at #23 Duke
Wk 9: vs. Miami
Wk 10: vs. #24 Georgia Tech
Wk 11: vs. Virginia
Wk 12: BYE WEEK
Wk 13: at #7 Virginia Tech
Wk 14: BYE WEEK
Wk 15: ACC Championship Week

OFFENSIVE PREVIEW: This is a talented group that lost only four starters from a year ago. The catalyst of the offense will be up front on the line, which loses two starters from a year ago, including NFL draftee Diamond Burris. All-ACC selection Jamaad O'Neil, a guard, will need to anchor the young, but talented group into protecting some of the best skill players in the ACC ... Former Clemson running back Tyler Chambers could set school records after returning for his final year of eligibility. Dwayne Stallings Jr., while good last season, will need to maximize the talent of his elite receivers, which includes Remy Jean-Baptiste, whose receiving yardage dropped from 961 to 475 last season.

DEFENSIVE PREVIEW: Different story for the defense, which lost several elite starters, including five NFL draftees. The defensive line will break in all new starters, with exception to Hakim Staten at nose who started a handful of games a season ago. Nothing changes amongst the linebackers except Isaiah Baldwin, who replaces Jirani Bullard. Baldwin, who contemplated transferring, was benched last year as a sophomore after starting multiple games as a true freshman ... The secondary could be elite with Dushane Campbell, Speedy Walters, and top ranked CB Dorian Roper manning the corners. Cedrick Benton IV and Joshua Armstrong, a new starter, are a reliable last line of defense.

PREDICTIONS: With a new, first-year coordinator on offense and a defense that lost several impact players, 2036 may not be all sunshine and rainbows for Cathedral. Let's not mention the insanely difficult schedule they play-- which features three top-25 teams to open the year. There is potential for this to either be another 10 win season, or in the worse case, a five-six loss turnout.

PAST FIVE SEASONS:

2035: 9-4 (W, Camping World Bowl)
2034: 7-6 (W, Independence Bowl)
2033: 12-2 (L, Orange Bowl)
2032: 11-2 (W, Allstate Sugar Bowl)
2031: 10-3 (W, Camping World Bowl)

NEW LOOK OFFENSE: First-year offensive coordinator Teddy Sowell has implemented a his own twist on Cathedral's past offensive playbook. While the scheme still fits under the label of a "multiple" offense, Sowell and the coaching staff have been hard at work on adding formations, ultimately putting a new twist on what came before under the guidance of previously retired coordinator Chris Petersen. Note: I run with my coordinator's playbook, so we'll be switching from Boise State to Arkansas State's, both ironically "multiple" offenses.

NEW UNIFORMS: Cathedral has recently unveiled its new uniforms and will wear them in the season opener at home against conference opponent, Notre Dame.

AUGUSTINE TO REDSHIRT: Top ranked QB Jaireh Augustine is likely to redshirt his first year on campus after arriving to Cathedral this summer. Augustine was a favorite to become a starter as a true freshman, even over Dwayne Stallings Jr., who returns for his final year of eligibility after throwing 26 touchdowns to nine interceptions a season ago.

Last edited by beast10; 08-11-2018 at 06:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »