Home

Cathedral Football | The Shrine

This is a discussion on Cathedral Football | The Shrine within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #25
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cathedral Football | The Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
OFF-SEASON: Spartans team preview, the brutal schedule, depth chart updates, new uniforms

TOUGH ROAD AHEAD:

Wk 1: vs. #22 Notre Dame
Wk 2: vs. #3 Texas (New Orleans)
Wk 3: at #8 Iowa
Wk 4: at Boston College
Wk 5: vs. Temple
Wk 6: at North Carolina
Wk 7: at Pittsburgh
Wk 8: at #23 Duke
Wk 9: vs. Miami
Wk 10: vs. #24 Georgia Tech
Wk 11: vs. Virginia
Wk 12: BYE WEEK
Wk 13: at #7 Virginia Tech
Wk 14: BYE WEEK
Wk 15: ACC Championship Week

OFFENSIVE PREVIEW: This is a talented group that lost only four starters from a year ago. The catalyst of the offense will be up front on the line, which loses two starters from a year ago, including NFL draftee Diamond Burris. All-ACC selection Jamaad O'Neil, a guard, will need to anchor the young, but talented group into protecting some of the best skill players in the ACC ... Former Clemson running back Tyler Chambers could set school records after returning for his final year of eligibility. Dwayne Stallings Jr., while good last season, will need to maximize the talent of his elite receivers, which includes Remy Jean-Baptiste, whose receiving yardage dropped from 961 to 475 last season.

DEFENSIVE PREVIEW: Different story for the defense, which lost several elite starters, including five NFL draftees. The defensive line will break in all new starters, with exception to Hakim Staten at nose who started a handful of games a season ago. Nothing changes amongst the linebackers except Isaiah Baldwin, who replaces Jirani Bullard. Baldwin, who contemplated transferring, was benched last year as a sophomore after starting multiple games as a true freshman ... The secondary could be elite with Dushane Campbell, Speedy Walters, and top ranked CB Dorian Roper manning the corners. Cedrick Benton IV and Joshua Armstrong, a new starter, are a reliable last line of defense.

PREDICTIONS: With a new, first-year coordinator on offense and a defense that lost several impact players, 2036 may not be all sunshine and rainbows for Cathedral. Let's not mention the insanely difficult schedule they play-- which features three top-25 teams to open the year. There is potential for this to either be another 10 win season, or in the worse case, a five-six loss turnout.

PAST FIVE SEASONS:

2035: 9-4 (W, Camping World Bowl)
2034: 7-6 (W, Independence Bowl)
2033: 12-2 (L, Orange Bowl)
2032: 11-2 (W, Allstate Sugar Bowl)
2031: 10-3 (W, Camping World Bowl)

NEW LOOK OFFENSE: First-year offensive coordinator Teddy Sowell has implemented a his own twist on Cathedral's past offensive playbook. While the scheme still fits under the label of a "multiple" offense, Sowell and the coaching staff have been hard at work on adding formations, ultimately putting a new twist on what came before under the guidance of previously retired coordinator Chris Petersen. Note: I run with my coordinator's playbook, so we'll be switching from Boise State to Arkansas State's, both ironically "multiple" offenses.

NEW UNIFORMS: Cathedral has recently unveiled its new uniforms and will wear them in the season opener at home against conference opponent, Notre Dame.

AUGUSTINE TO REDSHIRT: Top ranked QB Jaireh Augustine is likely to redshirt his first year on campus after arriving to Cathedral this summer. Augustine was a favorite to become a starter as a true freshman, even over Dwayne Stallings Jr., who returns for his final year of eligibility after throwing 26 touchdowns to nine interceptions a season ago.

Schedule looks super tough. You guys have a nice squad though, if guys step up you should be at 10-11 wins. Any chance the redshirt gets taken off Augustine if Stallings struggles?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #26
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Cathedral Football | The Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Schedule looks super tough. You guys have a nice squad though, if guys step up you should be at 10-11 wins. Any chance the redshirt gets taken off Augustine if Stallings struggles?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
yeah, a part of me feels we have a shot to be a real dark horse this year. offense is ridiculously good but i feel like the Arkansas state playbook is just going to set us back. we had been running with the same boise state playbook for so long.

i'd probably consider pulling the redshirt off augustine.. the only reason he isn't starting is because i don't feel like manually transferring stallings out the program. augustine has by FAR the strongest arm on the team, which we honestly need because we might have the best vertical threat offense in the conference. but on the other hand, stallings was huge in creating one of our most versatile offenses a season ago. plus he only lost one or two games as a starter, the others were lost with backups i'm pretty sure

edit: WOW, this is actually our highest ever rated team at 97 OVR, offense is a 99

Last edited by beast10; 08-12-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #27
All Star

beast10's Arena

WEEK ONE: Spartans top Notre Dame at home, Stallings shines, Hill leaves injured

RECAP: While it took a while for either team to get going Saturday, it was No. 10 Cathedral who first found its edge en route to a 37-28 victory over No. 22 Notre Dame in the season opener at the SpartaDome. The ESPN Game of the Week was the first meeting between the conference foes since 2028 ... An early pick-six by Notre Dame's CB Alex Gibbs seemed to shift early momentum, but Cathedral answered back with a clicking ground game that led to an eventual 302 yard total in the win ... A late Notre Dame touchdown at the 4:06 mark in the fourth quarter made it a three point game, but Cathedral ensued the drive with a potent offense that forced the Irish to burn its remaining timeouts. Dwayne Stallings closed the drive with a 17 yard touchdown run just over two minutes later.

STALLINGS... A HEISMAN?: After being nearly dragged out of his QB1 position by a true freshman in Jaireh Augustine, Dwayne Stallings Jr. had no issues picking up were he left off last season, where he was an O'Brien Award semi-finalist. Stallings completed all but three of his 18 pass attempts for 159 yards, two scores and an interception. He did most of his work on the ground, where he gained 80 yards and scored three touchdowns on 12 attempts.

HILL: Senior running back Kobe Hill left the game late with a shoulder injury after taking a hit following a fake hand-off. Hill, who rushed for 36 yards on eight carries, did not return in the contest. His condition has not been confirmed by team officials.

FIRST GAME JITTERS: True freshman kicker Kyle Culhane, who was the country's top ranked kicker, missed two FG's and also an extra point on the Spartan's final touchdown.

SHOWDOWN SATURDAY: Cathedral meets up with rival No. 3 Texas next week at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. The Spartans have been defeated by Texas in the past two matchups ... Cathedral topped the Longhorns in the 2029 BCS National Championship.

Last edited by beast10; 08-11-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #28
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Good win over the golden domes, way to start the year. Stallings was great, seems he is now the starter until he screws it up.

I also spy some new uniforms, looks like you finally got around to it Ironically, I almost went with that same jersey type with the sleeve. I'm still considering it down the road to make the secondary color more prominent. IT looks good.

On to Texas. Focus and take em down.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #29
All Star

beast10's Arena

WEEK TWO: Cathedral ran off the field by Texas, Stallings raises questions moving forward

#3 TEXAS
0-0, 0-0 BIG12

6:00PM - SATURDAY, SEPT. 6
MERCEDES-BENZ SUPERDOME
NEW ORLEANS, LOUSIANA

GAME OF THE WEEK
RECAP: No. 10 Cathedral fell to No. 3 Texas, 49-24, Saturday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. The loss made it three straight for the Spartans in the annual neutral site rivalry ... After taking an early 10-7 lead in the second quarter, Cathedral began to sink as Texas' offense showed its true prowess behind a very experienced returning unit. The Spartans had issues slowing down Texas' ground attack, along with its vertical threat as the offense spilled out touchdown after touchdown ... Joe Stevenson completed 17 of 20 passes for 206 yards and three scores, while on the ground, Joel Barbour rushed for a game high 123 yards while averaging a gain of 9.4 yards per carry. Overall, Texas finished with 532 yards of offense compared to Cathedral's 302.

JEAN-BAPTISTE: Senior wideout Remy Jean-Baptiste has almost every reason to be upset with his drop of production. The former five-star recruit has gone from one of the most promising receivers in the country as a sophomore, to now as a senior, catching a single screen pass for a three yard gain against Texas. Jean-Baptiste's body language told a story throughout the game, especially after he watched quarterback Dwyane Stallings Jr. dash 44 yards into the end zone after scrambling out the pocket.

QUARTERBACK ADVERSARY: Dwayne Stallings Jr. left the game late with a foot injury after struggling throughout. While it is not believed to be serious, the senior quarterback, who accounted for just 75 yards passing, but did rush for two scores, did not return to the game. Redshirt freshman Jaydin Quesada finished the rest of the way, completing 4 of 7 passes for 38 yards while also gaining 44 yards, including an impressive 19 yard touchdown ... The main storyline, however, is the true freshman, Jaireh Augustine, who is currently redshirting, and his capability to open up the much needed vertical passing threat this UC offense is begging for. Does his redshirt get pulled?

BIG GAME TIME: On a weekend full of Top 25 action, No. 14 Cathedral matches up with No. 8 Iowa.

Last edited by beast10; 08-12-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #30
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Good win over the golden domes, way to start the year. Stallings was great, seems he is now the starter until he screws it up.

I also spy some new uniforms, looks like you finally got around to it Ironically, I almost went with that same jersey type with the sleeve. I'm still considering it down the road to make the secondary color more prominent. IT looks good.

On to Texas. Focus and take em down.
yeah it was a good one, notre dame used to be really good in this dynasty, and we only got an opportunity to play em once, which was the year after their prolific quarterback left... so i always look forward to seeing them on our schedule.

stallings is difficult decision after this texas game. i'm genuinely feeling bad for my receivers like jean-Baptiste who he simply cant deliver the ball to. i'm not going to act like augustine could come in and save the day, because he still is an unproven freshman, but at least the downfield option would exist.

and yeah, the new uni's lol. i finally added some blue helmets, which i longed to do for a while, and i actually made the grey color jerseys our primaries. i also made two different TB files so we've got some extra alternative looks i might bring out down the line. thanks for checking in bro

EDIT: also let me know if you guys want to see some more stats. i see it's kinda vague

Last edited by beast10; 08-12-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #31
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Brutal loss to Texas. I didn't realize how little Stallings could push the ball downfield, that's disappointing. It's important for a QB to get the ball to receivers so they can make some plays, otherwise you're one dimensional. Augustine may be able to deliver that.

I admire your commitment to alternate uniforms. I find it enough of a hassle that whatever I have, that's what I have for the rest of the season lol. Granted, I'm sure I would get faster and faster with it each time I change it.

I would enjoy some stats, even something simple like passing, top rusher, top receiver, but they're not entirely necessary. It's up to you

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #32
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Brutal loss to Texas. I didn't realize how little Stallings could push the ball downfield, that's disappointing. It's important for a QB to get the ball to receivers so they can make some plays, otherwise you're one dimensional. Augustine may be able to deliver that.

I admire your commitment to alternate uniforms. I find it enough of a hassle that whatever I have, that's what I have for the rest of the season lol. Granted, I'm sure I would get faster and faster with it each time I change it.

I would enjoy some stats, even something simple like passing, top rusher, top receiver, but they're not entirely necessary. It's up to you
yeah he's done it before, but for the most part i restrict him to the short passing game which is why his completion percentage is usually pretty high. but he's got only an 84 throw power which is really low for a UC quarterback.

i've always had alternatives made, but i never end up putting them in the game lol. now that i'm posting i'll probably do it just to spice things up.

i'll try to get some stats in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »