Home

Cathedral Football | The Shrine

This is a discussion on Cathedral Football | The Shrine within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 07:03 PM   #41
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Cathedral vs. Temple | S22, G4 (1-3)

WEEK 6 - vs. TEMPLE // W 83-3

---------------------------
TEM - 0 / 0 / 3 / 0 // 3
UC - 14 / 34 / 14 / 21 // 83
---------------------------

Jaireh Augustine completed 14 of 22 passes for 276 yards, five touchdowns and an interception against Temple... in a half of play.

Seeing Temple on the schedule following three straight grueling loses was the best thing this team could imagine. The Owls have given us issues maybe once or twice in the entirety of this dynasty-- and we've been playing them since year two. They somehow managed to exert enough anger to beat us 64-21(?) back in 2024, but... not this time around. 83-3... and it took some fight to not try and score 100 on them.

True freshman QB Jaireh Augustine tossed five touchdowns, 276 yards and an interception in a half of play as the Spartans spilled 48 points before hitting the locker rooms. Every QB on the roster put in a good amount of work, even third string Brett Mayfield, who on first and only completion, had a 31 yard touchdown, then on his first carry, went 86 yards for the game high in rushing ... So, that's a good indication of how this carnage went.

Remy Jean-Baptiste hauled in 165 yards and three touchdowns on five catches, all action coming in the first half, while RB Kobe Hill also managed a trio of touchdowns along with 67 yards rushing on nine carries.

Defense played unconscious. Four interceptions, a fumble recovery, while holding Temple to 232 yards of offense and just 11 firsts downs. Meanwhile, we picked up a season high 629 yards and were literally unstoppable in every facet. Definitley looked like the 97 OVR team that we are ... Let's see how it carries over next week as we pick back up in ACC play against North Carolina (0-3).
NOTES:
  • Cathedral passed for 330 yards, gained 299 yards rushing.
  • Temple benched its starting QB Wiggins midway through the second after three interceptions.
  • Biggest win margin in the history of the Cathedral-Temple series.

Last edited by beast10; 08-15-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #42
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cathedral Football | The Shrine

83-3? God damn. I think the most I've ever scored is 60 something in OT

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #43
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
83-3? God damn. I think the most I've ever scored is 60 something in OT

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app

yeah we always field pretty high scoring teams, at least when we’re clicking. we put up 77 against duke two or three seasons ago. i’d say we’re averaging around 55 against them, specifically, the past few years lol.

that’s why i looked forward to augustine .. because we’ve always got great wideouts who can dominate vertically and get points on the board quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'm fine with the quick recaps, I kinda figured it would be this way anyway. With the amount of gaming you're able to get in, a full recap of each game is definitely a chore. I'm also intrigued to see Augustine.

Man, already three losses, this is not the season we thought it would be so far.
i'm glad to have you guys still on board with this. Augustine has showed up in big ways so far, especially there against temple. but yeah, three loses already is rough. definitely wasn't expecting this, but this year's schedule was built really tough out-of-conference.. but we're still only a 1-loss in conference, so if we can run the tables there, and beat Virginia tech come the end of the season, we could still compete for the ACC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by beast10; 08-15-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #44
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Ha. Temple. Owned lol. Not so much of a rivalry at this point, would be awesome to see them turn it around and get on track, making it a worthwhile matchup. I'd hate to see it take a hiatus like Boise/Idaho because Idaho couldn't win.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 PM   #45
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Ha. Temple. Owned lol. Not so much of a rivalry at this point, would be awesome to see them turn it around and get on track, making it a worthwhile matchup. I'd hate to see it take a hiatus like Boise/Idaho because Idaho couldn't win.

yeah i almost didn’t schedule them this year because i wanted to play auburn, who‘s headed by our former qb adrian mcknight. i don’t really like playing temple these days. they literally haven’t progressed since the dynasty started.. at all lol. they’ve been in the same overall range for 23 years. we took a short hiatus in the series early in the 2020’s, but returned and shortly after they to beat us in the 64-21 loss i mentioned. but outside of that... not much to it

i also just remembered i had named the rivalry “battle of the victory bell”, so the bell has been in atlanta and painted blue for a while lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 09:03 PM   #46
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Holy hell Temple... I know you mentioned you paused the rivalry briefly, but I think it's high time you pull a LSU/Tulane like in real life and ixnay the rivalry for good/many many years. 83 is just disrespectful!

Creative use of the copy machine gif.. 10/10!

Augustine looked real sharp, regardless of the competition. Can't wait to see what he can develop into.

I'll also add that with the pace you play and recalling times where you've mentioned being multiple seasons ahead of the report, quick recaps are great.. even if they encompass half a season at a time. Long recaps work sometimes for some 'chisers, but for you in this case, reports should not be slowing down your progress in the dynasty. Keep up the awesome work beast!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:47 AM   #47
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Holy hell Temple... I know you mentioned you paused the rivalry briefly, but I think it's high time you pull a LSU/Tulane like in real life and ixnay the rivalry for good/many many years. 83 is just disrespectful!

Creative use of the copy machine gif.. 10/10!

Augustine looked real sharp, regardless of the competition. Can't wait to see what he can develop into.

I'll also add that with the pace you play and recalling times where you've mentioned being multiple seasons ahead of the report, quick recaps are great.. even if they encompass half a season at a time. Long recaps work sometimes for some 'chisers, but for you in this case, reports should not be slowing down your progress in the dynasty. Keep up the awesome work beast!

yeah i like the tradition factor with playing temple. it’s just something “i know” i’ve gotta do , so it adds some immersion and gives it a real life feeling. so i’ll probably keep it going just because...

copy machine was literally the first thing i thought of after the game lol. i swear i wanted to score 100 points against them lol... but i’d taken my starters out even before the half

and from how he’s playing, augustine seems to be in line as the next great UC quarterback. his arm is gonna be ridiculous, even next year as a sophomore. he played pretty good against top-10 iowa as well

and yeah i think i’m settles with this pace. i’ve just always been big into graphics / HTML so i’m always tempted to up the presentation. but i think i’ve got it figured out here

thanks guru

Old 08-21-2018, 02:34 AM   #48
All Star

beast10's Arena

Cathedral Football | The Shrine

Our record is now 2-5 ... I wouldn’t have believed coming into the year that this team, which is my highest ever rated, would be so bad. We are really feeling the affects of no longer having former OC Chris Petersen around, in addition to losing so much talent defensively from last season.

Notably, we’re bound and on track for our worst season since 2024, which was our second year in the ACC, when we finished 3-9 (and 1-11 the year beforehand).

I forgot to take pictures, but some quick recaps of the past two games:

L 31-20 @ North Carolina (0-3)

These guys hadn’t won a game, while we were riding an 80 point win over a fellow FBS team (Temple). So... We clearly underestimated the Tar Heels, and I take a lot of blame in it for not benching QB Jaireh Augustine who couldn’t complete a pass to save his life (9 of 25, 122 yards), he definitely reverted back to playing like a true freshman... don’t think he completed a single pass until midway in the second quarter, but I rode it out for the most part hoping he could break a cold spell (Stallings played in between). Didn’t work out. UNC’s RB R. Webb rushed for 245 yards and two touchdowns and that was the end of story. Horrible, morale collapsing loss.

33-21 L @ #25 Pittsburgh (4-1)

Another case of Augustine playing like the freshman he is. Dude couldn’t complete a damn pass, again, but this time around I played Stallings more, and he was able to put in some work before throwing a critical, game-changing interception toward the end of the half which allowed Pitt to score the go-ahead touchdown a few plays later. But this was an overall defensive battle. Very, very tough game against an underrated Panther squad. Huge turning point came late, when I benched top wideout Remy Jean-Baptiste for not holding on to a pass (getting pretty common) ... only for his replacement, Beckham Jean, to later drop what would’ve probably been the go-ahead touchdown reception late.

Its gotta be a frustrating locker room right now.

We play Duke next week, and I literally boast every season about how we always blast them... scoring what seems to be an average of 60 points against them. But I’m not so sure how we’ll fare this time around. They’re favored to beat us and actually have one of their most solid rosters skill wise in recent years.

Looking at the schedule, outside of a season opening upset against FCS SE, Duke won three straight, scoring over 40 in each win before losing 52-49 in overtime to Boston College, who also defeated us.

Last edited by beast10; 08-21-2018 at 07:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »