Home

#SWARM - The Reboot

This is a discussion on #SWARM - The Reboot within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2018, 06:14 PM   #41
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM - The Reboot

Good group of recruits so far. Ben Weldon and Isaac Robinson would be really good pickups to make an immediate impact. Hopefully Ohio State loses the battle for Weldon due to playing time, it can be a huge factor.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #42
MVP

young22's Arena

I'm confident we'll get Robinson. But honestly I'd take Weldon over him any day, because the O-line is so hard to recruit. But clearly Ohio State knows this as well. Half the unrecruited, under the radar 3 stars, as soon as I get a lead, I comes a big school. Playing time is about the only hope we have. Hopefully he doesn't commit to OSU on his visit.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #43
MVP

young22's Arena

I'm probably gonna condense these last 4 games into one update. Played 2 of em, they've been super boring. We lost Benjamin for the year, along with our starting MLB. Unless we beat either FCS MW or Cal they'll be in one update. It's weird, the players are playing as if this is real life and they're demoralised cause they have nothing to play for. I myself wanna get to next season asap.

Also Ben Weldon committed to Ohio State.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #44
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Read through the whole thing so far! Just start to the dynasty but that's to be expected with a new FBS squad! I like that you're really challenging yourself. It will be that much rewarding when you do get to the top of the country. The preseason writeups were great, and your game recaps are always solid, very descriptive! Congrats on the first win, and hopefully a few solid recruits will come in to pick things up for next season!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 07-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #45
MVP

young22's Arena

Thanks bro. We got a long long way to go that's for sure. We have a few good players coming in, no program changing prospect for year 2 though.

Glad to have you on board homie, and yeah it'll feel so good when we eventually win a title. Probably won't happen for at least 7-8 seasons, and I don't want it to tbh.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 08:02 PM   #46
MVP

young22's Arena

Y1, G 9-12

No player stats for FCS teams, so no box scores for 2 of these games. And it turns out the box scores are messed up cause I almost lost my whole post. When I restored the tabs, something got screwed up. Definitely not gonna redo them, I'd never get around to it

G9 vs FCS MW - L 17-20

My second loss to an FCS team this season, second total in my 4 years of playing this game. Just a really ugly game. Jeremy Ostrander went for 207 yards and 2 scores, both new program records, but completed just 17 of 32 passes and threw 2 picks. Granted, one came off a dropped ball by Jammal Humphrey.

FCS MW's first drive was a sign of things to come. They went for a 16 play drive that saw 6 3rd down conversions. They scored the TD on a 3rd and goal from the Swarm 11.

Despite a poor start, we were up 17-6 at the half, behind Ostrander's 2 scores, and a pair of field goals. We started the second half decently, with Mason Benjamin and Jaron Alfred moving us downfield. But then Benjamin strained a chest muscle, and Alfred was concussed 2 plays later. We got shut out in the second half, and FCS MW did just enough to win it, scoring twice to take it, and send us to 1-8. Deflating loss, and it spilled over to next week, big time. Alfred can't play due to his concussion (house rule, I make guys sit out the next game, then it's a coin flip if they can come back the 2nd game after the concussion), and Benjamin's senior year is over.

G10 @ Idaho - L 0-51

Told you it spilled over. Dionte Norton was supposed to be our lead back this week. He ran for 28 yards on 13 carries. Louis Dowdell fared better, with 48 yards on 8 carries, but we were so bad at executing that we faced a lot of passing downs. Jeremy Ostrander and Wendell Hearn combined for 82 yards and 2 picks on 12/27 passing. One of the most demoralizing losses I've ever had on NCAA, but we bounce back...

G11 vs FCS NW - W 24-17!

We won! I managed to equal the 2 wins my very first Swarm team achieved in their inaugural season, for those of you who followed my very first attempt at a report. I was actually just looking through that report and my presentation and article writing is so much better now. I also finally have a decent phone to take pictures with.

We went down early. 3-0 after a quarter. We got nothing going on our opening drive, with Ostrander completing his lone pass of the day for 5 yards, but our run game failed to pick up the first in 2 tries. Then FCS NW went on a drive that took up the rest of the quarter, just to kick a short FG.

Then we started to get going Ostrander got hurt (muscle strain), so Wendell Hearn came in. He led a good drive, sparked by a 33 yard screen pass to Stanley Wayne, and capped it off himself with a score on a sneak from the 1.

But the defense took a little longer to get going, and FCS NW were able to score back to back TD's 3 minutes apart after a pick from Hearn.

So we were down 17-7 at the half. Almost exactly the reverse of the situation in the last game against an FCS squad. But a boring 3rd quarter saw the comeback hopes diminish, as it looked like FCS NW would be able to see out a ugly win.

Not so fast. Jaron Alfred broke open this game with a 37 yard touchdown run, breaking ankles, and then showing off his speed to go all the way to the endzone. After a few stops, Wendell Hearn and the Swarm offense had a shot to take the lead down 17-14, and that's exactly what they did, with a blown assignment making it easy for Hearn to find Wayne downfield for a 42 yard score.

But it wasn't done yet. FCS still had a shot. They started a decent drive, but then the Swarm defense realized that the game was on the line. They forced a 4th and 5. FCS dialed up a screen, but the blocking was off and it went nowhere, leaving the Swarm with the ball at their own 43.

They started to bleed time off the clock, but after a big drop from Kory Meadows, faced a huge 3rd and 5 to keep the drive going from the opposition 38. Outside of Grant Marquardt's range, they had to get something, and Wendell Hearn would make his best play of the season. The much-maligned, inconsistent QB rolled right on a designed bootleg, and then, what made all the difference in the world, he stopped and set his feet before firing to seldom-used tight end Robin Da Silva. First down. The Swarm weren't able to get a new set of downs, but they were able to kick a 35 yard FG, putting them up 24-17 with 1:35 left.

FCS MW would have one more chance to tie up the game, but after a catch over the middle, Donte Oliver forced a fumble, and Hearn would kneel out the clock.

G12 @ Cal - L 7-62

Not even gonna front, I only played about a quarter and a half of this one. I had stuff to do yesterday and didn't want to restart later just to get demolished.

Not much to say here. We just suck. Oh well, onto next season. Doing the offseason as soon as I finish this and the end of season stuff. Can't even be bothered to do a box score, laptop is running really slow rn anyway. Just know they had more yards rushing than we had total offense.

Last edited by young22; 07-25-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:36 PM   #47
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

2-10, no shame in a rough start. Humble beginnings build respect. Improve over the offseason, I can see you doubling to maybe 4 wins next year.

I got a good laugh out of your Cal review. Didn't want to restart it just to get demolished lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-24-2018, 09:21 PM   #48
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
2-10, no shame in a rough start. Humble beginnings build respect. Improve over the offseason, I can see you doubling to maybe 4 wins next year.

I got a good laugh out of your Cal review. Didn't want to restart it just to get demolished lol
It was tough. Don't see any season being rougher than this one. No FCS teams and we probably go 1-11. Did beat Kent tho, and they went 8-6, so I'm pretty proud of that. All in all, could have been a lot worse. I think the score of that Cal game might've been even worse if I actually played it tbh.

I'll probably do the season stats and recap, update the front page tonight or tomorrow. I'm so excited to go on to season 2, really hoping for some good transfers this offseason as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »