Home

Don't Forget About Us - Miami Dolphins [M18]

This is a discussion on Don't Forget About Us - Miami Dolphins [M18] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #1
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Don't Forget About Us - Miami Dolphins [M18]

Game - Madden 18
Rosters - Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)
Sliders - Armor & Sword's Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Madden 18 Sliders
Play Style: Simulation
Character Chosen: Adam Gase
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 04:33 PM   #2
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Re: Don't Forget About Us - Miami Dolphins [M18]

Being a teacher, I have a lot of free time on my hands throughout the summer. As I'm patiently waiting for Madden 19 to release, I thought I would try my hand at a CFM on Madden 18.

With the NFL Draft having come and gone, it's always fun to get excited about the new, young faces across the league. When looking at the AFC East, the Patriots are, well, the Patriots! Then you have both the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets that both just [hopefully] drafted their next franchise QBs, respectively.

Oh yeah, then there are the Miami Dolphins. They have just watched Jay Cutler leave Miami and I'm sure most of the fans packed his bags for him. They now have to endure yet another season with Ryan Tannehill at the helm. As for rookies, they drafted the versatile and very skilled Minkah Fitzpatrick - a skilled safety out of Alabama - to headline their draft class. A young, athletic tight end from Penn State, Mike Gesicki, should prove a reliable target over the middle for Tannehill/the next Miami QB to complement DaVante Parker and the rest of the useless receivers on the outside.

It's going to be very interesting to see where this team ends up under my control. I have to admit that my stick skills aren't exactly what they used to be so I may get some *realistic* results from Tannehill! Regardless, I've always liked the Dolphin franchise (I think it was the colors from when I was a kid?) and I'm excited to see what I can do with this team.

-----

From a documentation standpoint, this will not be nearly as intense on the writing as my former NCAA dynasties. I find that it takes too much time away from actually playing the game and became too much of a chore. Since I'm trying to get as far as I can in this franchise before Madden 19 drops, I'll keep the game write-ups short and sweet and will be relying on the screenshot function from the XBOX One (sooo much easier than having to setup my El Gato!).

With all that said, you are free to post and hope you enjoy the ride!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

2018 Season Goal

Really? The lowest we can go is 7 games? Well you're damn right I'm not very confident in this team. Unless Kenyan Drake can run past, through and around the defense or Ryan Tannehill actually learns to play the QB position I think we will be lucky to top the 5-win threshold. Regardless, we will set our expectations higher than we would like and settle for a seven win season. Here goes...ummm...nothing!
Old 07-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

2018 Offense & Defense

Ahh, look at that offense! Like we have already hit upon, we are rolling with Ryan Tannehill and Kenyan Drake as our starting backfield with Frank "The Fossil" Gore waiting in the wings as the goal line back...which may not be necessary with this offense!

On the outside, DaVante Parker is by far the most skilled receiver we have, which isn't saying much. New addition Danny Amendola brings much needed professionalism to the franchise and will need to be a security blanket underneath. Kenny Stills and Jakeem Grant, both great athletes, will have a chance to shine if they find themselves with favorable matchups.

The tight end position is headlined by rookie Mike Gesicki. A true pass catcher, he's going to need to take advantage of the league's linebackers almost immediately for this offense to hit its ceiling. The offensive line is young and underwhelming in terms of talent and upgrades will be necessary along the right side and at center almost immediately.

The defense offers a little more than the offense in terms of potential. Minkah Fitzpatrick will need to blossom into a superstar in the secondary to make up for the lack of a true starting corner. His ability to play the center field position and use his quick-twitch muscles to make plays on errant passes will be huge. Opposite him is Reshad Jones who should be a thumper and aid in the run game as well as matching up with most tight ends.

The linebackers - Kiko Alonso, Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker - while aren't the most polished players in the league they do offer tremendous athleticism. This should allow Coach Gase to have them flow to the ball as well as cover in space. Working on the fundamentals will be huge for the linebacking core.

The defensive line is anchored by one of the best pass rushers in the game: Cameron Wake. Without him this line would be rendered almost completely useless by most offensive lines in the league. Akeem Spence and Jordan Phillips give them some beef up the middle but neither will find their way to the QB often if at all. The X-factor position on this line will be whoever gets reps at right end. Playing opposite of Cameron Wake should allow this position to get some opportunities to wrack up the sacks. Will 32-year old William Hayes be able to use his mix of strength and pass rush moves to cement himself as the starter or will newcomer Robert Quinn usurp him on passing downs?
Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looking forward to reading this Rizzo!

For your WRs, I would recommend putting Davante Parker at WR1. Your slot guy should be your WR3, I would put Amendola as slot but Stills can play well there too. The WR1 routes tend to be the ones that really make the most out of a big physical WR like Parker, I don't tend to do well with small guys as my WR1 even if they are higher rated.

That defense is atrocious... yikes!

Also have fun with Jakeem Grant. I have him in one of my CFMs and he is a great returner!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 10:23 AM   #6
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkitmyles
Looking forward to reading this Rizzo!

For your WRs, I would recommend putting Davante Parker at WR1. Your slot guy should be your WR3, I would put Amendola as slot but Stills can play well there too. The WR1 routes tend to be the ones that really make the most out of a big physical WR like Parker, I don't tend to do well with small guys as my WR1 even if they are higher rated.

That defense is atrocious... yikes!

Also have fun with Jakeem Grant. I have him in one of my CFMs and he is a great returner!

Thanks for checking in! I had already taken the screenshot but I’ll definitely be moving Parker to WR1, rolling with Stills as my WR2 and then having Amendola play primarily in the slot. Like you said, he may be rated higher OVR but his skill set doesn’t lend him to producing outside the numbers.

I’m a HUGE Jakeem Grant fan from his Texas Tech days and I’m very excited to get him on the field to see how he plays in this game. Could push Stills and/or Amendola for reps.

The defense is offensive and hurts to look at. If this were MUT Squads 3v3, then having 3 User LBs with these guys would be nasty. Unfortunately I can only control one of these boneheads at a time so the other two are sure to make mistake after mistake lol. Here’s to hoping Minkah becomes a monster!

Oh ya, and I’m toying with the idea of moving Wake for multiple pieces. Who knows what offers will come my way but it’s a rebuild for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

S1W1 - TB (0-0) vs. MIA (0-0)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins
Sep 10, 20181ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0)1007320
Miami Dolphins (0-1)03003
Team Stats Comparison
TAMMIA
Total Offense266214
Rushing Yards4660
Passing Yards220154
First Downs1512
Punt Return Yards3032
Kick Return Yards21109
Total Yards317355
Turnovers16
3rd Down Conversion41
4th Down Conversion11
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/10/0
Penalties1035
Posession Time27:2020:40
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Winston18/3525701
R. Fitzpatrick1/1810
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Jones II22401.81
C. Sims III273.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M. Evans711416.30
D. Jackson610217.00
C. Brate2115.50
A. Humphries11818.00
C. Godwin11111.00
C. Sims III111.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
K. Alexander101.000
L. David70.000
C. Davis50.030
V. Vea40.500
V. Curry32.500
V. Hargreaves III30.010
B. Grimes30.020
J. Pierre-Paul21.000
G. McCoy21.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
C. Catanzaro2/42/2848
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Anger628347.22
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Jackson12121.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Jackson23015.00
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Osweiler11/2412504
R. Tannehill6/145802
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
K. Drake7304.30
R. Tannehill2178.50
B. Osweiler3144.70
F. Gore510.20
K. Ballage1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M. Gesicki44812.00
K. Still44611.50
D. Amendola43113.70
K. Drake2105.00
D. Parker284.00
K. Ballage12323.00
J. Grant177.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
R. McMillan101.000
W. Hayes82.000
M. Fitzpatrick70.000
J. Phillips62.500
A. Spence51.500
X. Howard20.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Sanders1/10/0339
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
M. Haack728040.00
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Grant26733.50
A. Wilson24221.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Grant33210.70

After what looked like an opening-drive stop to force a field goal by the Dolphin defense, the Bucs go to the trickeration well early in the season and call for the fake field goal. Backup QB Ryan Fitzpatrick found his left tackle Donovan Smith wide open in the back of the endzone. Talk about a deflating start to the season...

To make matters even worse, on Miami's very first offensive play and Ryan Tannehill's return to the lineup after missing all of last season he throws just an awful interception. New free agent addition Danny Amendola was wide open down the seam out of the left slot and his QB airmailed it about eight feet over his head.

In this league, talent shines and that's exactly what Mike Evans did. An errant pass over the middle by Jameis Winston that looked like a sure incompletion saw Evans launch into a full dive and haul it in. This was the first of many difficult grabs the young wideout made on the day.

While the secondary struggled to shut down the passing game of the Bucs for most of the game, the defensive line showed out with seven total sacks. Akeem Spence was gifted one of his here on a blown up screen play as he chased down a helpless Winston.

After losing Ryan Tannehill early in the game - not until he has already thrown two interceptions - Brock Osweiler entered the game and didn't do much better. Trailing 13-3, Kenny Stills had gotten loose down the right sideline and had Brent Grimes beat but Osweiler left it too short and Stills was unable to break up the interception. In mop-up duty, Osweiler tossed four interceptions in 24 pass attempts.

The Miami secondary was actually able to make a play themselves as Xavien Howard was able to jump this out route and force the lone turnover for the Dolphins.

The run defense was stout all game long. While rookie running back Ronald Jones II was able to find the endzone in his first career game, he was bottled up for just 40 yards on 22 carries. Young MLB Raekwon McMillan (game-high 10 tackles) introduced Jones to the NFL with this vicious collision over the middle.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:44 PM   #8
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0

Personally I would ditch Tannehill and Osweiller. Both QB's have proven to be trash. I would go with Petty and develop him.

But that's just me.

Good luck with the Phins it's gonna be a huge mountain to climb lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »