Home

The Alaska Warriors Reboot

This is a discussion on The Alaska Warriors Reboot within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #49
Pro

jpfine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Alaska Warriors Reboot

Hey, just re-read all of the posts and I'm super in. Also, is one of your pipeline states Ohio? Because you seem to have a lot of recruits coming in from Ohio.

Shame that you're having some trouble, but I find the dynasty great so far and I'm definitely following. Just fingers crossed you get it fixed!
Old 11-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #50
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfine
Hey, just re-read all of the posts and I'm super in. Also, is one of your pipeline states Ohio? Because you seem to have a lot of recruits coming in from Ohio.

Shame that you're having some trouble, but I find the dynasty great so far and I'm definitely following. Just fingers crossed you get it fixed!

Yes, I believe Ohio is my ONLY pipeline right now. Recruiting-wise, I recruit Ohio and California pretty heavily as well as Pacific Northwestern states like Washington and Oregon.

As for fixing the schedules, I just went ahead and rolled with what I had. Every team has 12 games which is the most important thing. I have a better idea on what I need to do next season, but games should start going up soon.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #51
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Great!! Excited to see how the Warriors do this year. Definitely could've gotten to a bowl game last year, but, you know, just gotta keep fighting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2018, 09:51 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfine
Great!! Excited to see how the Warriors do this year. Definitely could've gotten to a bowl game last year, but, you know, just gotta keep fighting.

Yeah! Unfortunately the schedule is brutal this year. The computer simulations had them mostly going 2-10 and one even had them going 0-12! They have quite an uphill battle but there are definitely some winnable games in there.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:32 AM   #53
Pro

Season 3 - Weeks 1-2

At #25 Washington:

Welcome back everybody! It hopes to be a great year for Alaska, but it didn't start in week one as Alaska got demolished by Washington. It came early and often as Alaska was down 31-10 at half. Raymond Breedlove went 24/38, 293 yards and two picks - one poor throw behind a receiver running a slant and another desperation throw late in the game. Josh Roberson did not play as he is currently a backup to transfer Marcus Henderson, but for some reason he didn't even get backup carries.

Those went to Quincy Outlaw. Coach Hardaway didn't address the matter during his press conferences throughout the week, so it remains to be seen whether there's a discipline or injury issue. The real stories of this week came from around the country, as there were some insane games/stats that will be addressed at the end of the post.

At #12 Miami:

This was a game that was heading in a great direction for Alaska. They took the opening kick and drove for 15 plays to open the game with a touchdown. Then, on the very first play of Miami's possession, they threw a pick that led to another Alaska touchdown. With just over a minute left in the first quarter, Alaska was up 14-0 with a 23-1 play advantage. But Miami was not done.

They would score, stop Alaska, but muffed a punt. Their defense was able to force an interception after a score, and the rout would begin. Tied 14-14, Miami scored after the interception. Then on the ensuing kickoff, Alaska fumbled the kickoff that led to a quick score. 28-14 just like that. And Miami never looked back.

Miami would go up 42-14 at half and would win 63-31.

Scores Around the Country:

#3 Oklahoma beat Boston College 57-55 but lost to Texas Tech 45-42
Oklahoma State beat #2 Georgia Tech 45-31 and included the most ridiculous stat line I've ever seen.

Ok State's quarterback was 29-45, 325 yards, 5 TDs and 1 INT, but their receiver Patrick Newton had:

28 receptions, 283 yards, 5 touchdowns
Not even joking.

Louisiana Tech beat Syracuse 52-45
#13 Oregon over #18 Ole Miss 56-49 in OT
Marshall over FSU 63-56
#8 Ohio State over Alabama in Jerry's World 52-16
Old 11-27-2018, 02:33 AM   #54
Pro

Season 3 - Weeks 3 & 4

at Akron:

Boy, it doesn't really get much rougher than this game. Outside of a Tyrell Beach pick 6, this game really had nothing good come from it. The Warriors turned the ball over eight times. They were down 31-21 at half and ultimately lost 51-28. Raymond Breedlove went 10/22 with 4 interceptions, and Jeremy Riggs went 9/17 with 3 interceptions. Alaska was able to run the ball semi-efficiently, with their top two backs averaging over 8 yards per carry.

"I'll take the blame for this one. We should've run the ball more. We gave them eight possessions for free. We asked them to do too much, didn't scheme our passing game correctly. We messed it up as coaches," said Coach Hardaway after the loss. The Warriors enter their bye week this week, much needed. They will face Oregon next.

At #13 Oregon:

Well, this team officially makes no sense. After three games of turnover fests and blowout losses, Alaska finally was able to put a game together. I'm not so sure it was Alaska playing well as it was Oregon played poorly. Their offense seemed disjointed. The quarterback was inaccurate all game. It was rainy and windy and it seemed to really affect Oregon.

The game got off to another great start for Alaska, just like Miami. Oregon chose to take the ball first, and immediately threw a pick six - to Tyrell Beach, who records his second pick six in as many games. The teams then traded punts before Alaska pinned Oregon back deep. After getting a stop, Alaska was able to block Oregon's punt and fall on it in the end zone. (I simmed this part. I don't sim outside of very specific situations. When teams are backed up in their end zone sometimes I'll sim. This time they blocked the punt!) 4 plays, 12 yards, 14 points.

Oregon quickly answered with a touchdown of their own, but unlike the Miami game, Alaska was able to answer back with another touchdown. The defenses would take over. The only scores until the fourth quarter were two late field goals by Alaska to take a 27-7 lead. Alaska would attempt a fake field goal at the six yard line in the third quarter that would be picked for a touchback, but otherwise, they didn't turn the ball over.

Oregon would score a touchdown early in the fourth, but the defense would stop them the rest of the game, including a huge fourth and 1 stop near the 5 yard line that would've cut the lead to 6.

Alaska won 30-14.

The story ultimately was ball control. Alaska stuck with the run, rushing 44 times. Even though they averaged a low yard per carry, they were able to make a few plays. The longest rush of the game was 13 yards. Jeremy Riggs threw 30 times, but they didn't ask him to chuck the ball down field a ton. He made smart plays, getting out of the pocket and throwing the ball away when necessary. Alaska ran 74 plays to Oregon's 44. They held the ball for over 33 minutes compared to Oregon's 9 and a half. That was the difference in the game. Alaska sustained drives for 10 plays - at least four drives went for more than ten plays.

Alaska Warriors at Oregon Ducks
Oct 3, 20151ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Alaska Warriors (0-3)2160330
#13 Oregon Ducks (2-1)700714
Team Stats Comparison
ASKORE
Total Offense305277
Rushing Yards126129
Passing Yards179148
First Downs2212
Punt Return Yards730
Kick Return Yards34110
Total Yards412387
Turnovers12
3rd Down Conversion10-181-7
4th Down Conversion0-10-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4-1-23-1-0
Penalties4-241-10
Possession Time33:379:33
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGASKORE
8:37(ASK) TD ASK: T. Beach int return 31 yards70
6:49(ASK) TD ASK: C. Rodgers rec. fumble in end zone140
5:16(ORE) TD Oregon: T. Myrick 26-yard reception147
0:41(ASK) TD ASK: M. Henderson 2-yd run217
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGASKORE
1:48(ASK) FG ASK: N. Franklin 24 yards247
0:11(ASK) FG ASK: N. Franklin 47 yards277
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGASKORE
6:05(ORE) TD Oregon: M. Williams 1-yard run2714
0:17(ASK) FG ASK: N. Franklin 29 yards3014
Alaska Warriors
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Riggs21/3017900
R. Breedlove0/1001
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Henderson22733.31
J. Roberson10212.10
J. Riggs8243.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
T. Beach4011
C. Rodgers3001
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
N. Franklin3/33/31248
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
S. Slater313344.31
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Brown37324.30
Oregon Ducks
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Dorsey9/1614811
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Dorsey13433.30
M. Leonard13806.10
M. Williams263.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
H. Blount16000
E. Smith11000
A. Brooks91.000

Around the Country:

Stanford over #9 Oregon (week 3) 45-38
Duke over #8 San Diego State 49-27
#5 Wisconsin over #6 Rutgers 42-35
#12 Nebraska over #10 Ohio State 44-41 (the Big 10 seems to be murders row this year)
Illinois over #7 Michigan 49-35
#11 Georgia Tech over Clemson 65-59 in overtime

Game of the year possibly?

Kentucky over #1 South Carolina 51-48 in overtime. Kentucky nearly blew a 28-point lead. Kentucky led 35-7 at half time before a 24-point fourth quarter by South Carolina sent the game to overtime. SC kicked a field goal, but Kentucky was able to score a touchdown to seal the upset.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #55
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
Alaska won 30-14.

The story ultimately was ball control. Alaska stuck with the run, rushing 44 times. Even though they averaged a low yard per carry, they were able to make a few plays. The longest rush of the game was 13 yards. Jeremy Riggs threw 30 times, but they didn't ask him to chuck the ball down field a ton. He made smart plays, getting out of the pocket and throwing the ball away when necessary. Alaska ran 74 plays to Oregon's 44. They held the ball for over 33 minutes compared to Oregon's 9 and a half. That was the difference in the game. Alaska sustained drives for 10 plays - at least four drives went for more than ten plays.
Honestly, that's a huge win for the program. Tough first three losses, but it happens, and it was to be expected against teams like Washington and Miami. Akron, maybe not so much of an expected result, was a tough game to lose, but that's what's gonna happen when you turn the ball over 8 times.

The Oregon games shows some hope and, I know it may be boring to play, if you want to win, you might have to resort to that sort of playing style. For me, I could never do that, because I prefer passing the long balls and trying to get to the edge to make a huge run. But, to start winning, you may eventually have to do that, if you don't start doing it now.

Overall, not necessarily a great record to start off the season, but the Oregon game shows some promise. Having a positive turnover margin will definitely help, too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 11:17 PM   #56
Pro

Season 3 - Weeks 5 & 6

Vanderbilt:

Home sweet home... or was it? Alaska faced Vanderbilt who is a 90 overall team. It did not feel like the teams were that far apart, but turnovers would again doom Alaska. Vanderbilt began the game with a 55-yard touchdown pass on third down to a guy by the name of Darren McFadden. The teams would trade punts and then Alaska would convert a first down only to fumble the ball to Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt would not convert, but Alaska would have to punt the ball back. Eventually they would down a punt at the 1 inch line. I thought the ball was laying on the goal line but it ended up at the one. This was promptly followed by a 99-yard touchdown run by runningback Early Allen. Great name.

Alaska would fumble again and by the end of the first quarter, Vanderbilt would take a 21-0 lead. Alaska also caused two fumbles, but Vanderbilt covered both of them. Alaska would score two touchdowns but would throw a pick just before half that would have gotten them within 10. The teams would go back and forth, including an Alaska pick 6, but ultimately the turnovers were too great and Alaska would lose 59-41.

At USC:

USC came in with the 122nd ranked scoring defense- 1 worse than Alaska. But they didn't look like it. Their defensive backs covered Alaskan receivers the whole game. Jeremy Riggs would end up throwing 3 interceptions (two in the fourth quarter down by a ton), and Alaska would average under three yards per carry as USC truly dominated the game. They ran a normal tempo offense and threw the ball efficiently. Their quarterback Sullivan went 22/31 for 331 yards, 2 touchdowns and no interceptions. Alaska lost 39-12.

Around the Country:

It seems like a year of upsets as there were quite a few again this time.

Maryland over #2 Wisconsin 45-34
Arkansas State over #4 UAB 41-38 in Overtime (UAB would lose again the next week)
Tennessee over #4 South Carolina 45-42
#10 Wisconsin over #11 Iowa 42-36
Purdue over #5 Nebraska 45-35

Housekeeping:

I do bigger/more in-depth posts when my games are closer. If they're pretty much blowouts I don't really keep as much detail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »