Home

Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

This is a discussion on Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2019, 08:21 AM   #129
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

wow, wow, WOW!!

was not expecting that at all, assumed you guys would slow them down and win like 35-24 or so

feels awesome to put up that many points

looking forward to the hoopla leading up to this next one (and the game too of course)
Old 02-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #130

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Wow what a win! Great to see the scoring coming from all facets of the game! That pic of Jon Jackson giving the Texas Tech QB the business is priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Man I saw two things this past weekend versus Texas Tech that I had never seen before -

1.) A non-cut scene trash talking post-play animation. Immediately after the play ended, I saw my guy pointing at their guy from the normal gameplay aerial view. So I went to the replay, and sure enough, both guys' mouths were moving and they were going at it. I was amazed.

2.) "Celebrate with the mascot." I had no idea that this was even a thing in this game. After scoring a touchdown in the first quarter, the game had a pop-up come up that said to celebrate with the mascot, so I ran over to the area where the mascot was and Rodgers started doing his camera pose thing with Mike the Tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
wow, wow, WOW!!

was not expecting that at all, assumed you guys would slow them down and win like 35-24 or so

feels awesome to put up that many points

looking forward to the hoopla leading up to this next one (and the game too of course)
Honestly, I was concerned going into this one that we weren't going to be able to stop them. Our personnel at cornerback is lacking, plus in practice mode I had a tough time figuring out ways to stop the Texas Tech offense. I was getting torched no matter what defense was called.

Hopefully we can clean this up for down the road when we face other spread no-huddle teams such as Auburn and Southern Miss.

Thankfully, our offense came to play and we got some points from the defense. 72-42 would normally be a concerning score for me, but it felt authentic due to it coming against Texas Tech, who in real life is always involved in shootouts like that.

And yes, it is now on to the show we've all been waiting for - Tulane week. I can't describe just how weird it feels to be preparing to face a team you 100% assembled. They are pretty stacked on paper and it will be a dogfight.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #131

Deegeezy's Arena

LSU Tigers News Clips

report courtesy Erin Andrews, Fox Sports

LSU | Geezy: This week is personal
Sun, 5 Sep 2027 04:21:35 -0700
The ageless Erin Andrews of FOX Sports reports that, as expected, LSU head coach D. Geezy is eager to take on his former team when his Tigers face #18 Tulane this upcoming Saturday night at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Geezy, who coached the Green Wave from 2010 through 2026, was let go after last season despite winning two national titles and six SEC titles for the school during his 17 years there.

"We know damn well what's ahead of us," said Geezy to Andrews via a supposed phone interview. "This is a game that's been circled on our calendars and I'm sure (Tulane head coach) Joe Roberts has it circled on his calendar since the day the final schedule came out. LSU versus Tulane has been a big deal for years and it is even bigger deal now for both schools for obvious reasons.

"It's an interesting dynamic for sure, preparing to play against a team you mostly assembled. It is going to be an interesting night, but to answer the question, heck yes this is personal; I'm only human."

LSU is currently on a 10-game losing streak versus its in-state rivals, a streak all orchestrated under Geezy and dates all the way back to 2017, however the veteran head coach knows this weekend's matchup's importance goes much deeper than that.

"This game is important not just because we need to end the losing streak, but also just in terms of the SEC West standings," said Geezy. The West has always come down to Bama and Tulane for the past decade-plus. If we want to put ourselves in the mix, then obviously we need to learn how to beat those two schools, and that path, that target if you will, starts Saturday night."

McBride completed 27 of his 35 passes for 274 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 1 interception during last weekend's 40-35 loss at Michigan.

report courtesy Taylor Bisciotti, ESPN/SEC Network

Tulane | McBride "taken aback" by Geezy's move to LSU
Mon, 6 Sep 2027 17:14:27 -0700
Taylor Bisciotti of ESPN's SEC Network reports that while he still has a lot of respect for former Tulane head coach D. Geezy, Green Wave QB Jimmy McBride was not very pleased by his former head coach's decision to sign with Wave rival LSU after failing to land a new contract in New Orleans. McBride, a 5th year senior who has been Tulane's starting quarterback since taking over for former QB Bryce Allen during the 2024 season, did not hold back his thoughts when discussing the situation with Bisciotti during Monday's locker room media availability ahead of the Wave's game versus the Tigers this upcoming weekend.

"I was really taken aback," said the 5-11 McBride, a former 4-star recruit from North Carolina who weeks ago was named to ESPN the Magazine's Heisman Watch List. "Here we are, for years now, being told by an individual that we're not supposed to like LSU and that we're the better program and that we have been and will continue to be the best college football team in the state. And now you go jump ship and sign with that school and spout things like "things feel bigger at LSU" and "no matter how big things got at Tulane it would never be as big as it is at LSU?" And on top of that you hint that (LSU starting quarterback and former Tulane recruiting target) Rob Mason was the guy you wanted all along to be your quarterback? Sorry, but that rubs me the wrong way.

"I love Coach D like another father, but those words hurt and has put a chip on the team's shoulders and on my shoulders."

Morgan

---- ----

report courtesy Eve Jewell, ESPN/SEC Network

Recruiting | ATH Morgan narrows list
Tue, 7 Sep 2027 05:52:27 -0700
Eve Jewell of ESPN's SEC Network reports that 4-star Texas ATH Luke Morgan (6-0, 171, 4.54 40-time, #10 ATH prospect) is expected to choose between LSU and Tulane in the coming weeks, though the Green Wave are the current favorite to land his services and is expected to host him for an official visit at this weekend's game versus the Tigers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The Gainsville, Texas athlete has turned heads since joining the Gainsville High Leopards' football team after devoting his first three years in high school to basetball.

A pitcher for the Leopards' baseball program, Morgan is the starting quarterback in the Leopards' veer option offense. Many view him as an athlete with a very similar skillset as current Tulane senior RB/WR Michael Brown Jr., who has carved out a niche' role with the Wave as a pass-catching running back and slot receiver that thus far has caught 180 receptions for 2,116 yards and 16 touchdowns in his career, including 6 receptions for 101 yards during Tulane's 40-35 season-opening loss at Michigan this past weekend.

With former Tulane head coach D. Geezy now at LSU, it is no surprise that the two rival schools are the finalists for Morgan's services. Texas A&M is reportedly also in the mix, however sources indicate that they are a "very distant third" behind Tulane and LSU at this stage.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #132
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

If there was only one game to be circled on the schedule, it's got to be this one! Can't wait to see how this one plays out as I'm sure Coach Geezy is dying for revenge on his old program.

-----

Also, if you were able to win the battle for ATH Luke Morgan, essentially stealing him away from Tulane, it would make a win that much sweeter!
Old 02-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #133
Rookie

WolfBreed's Arena

OVR: 0

I anxiously check back every 2 hours in anticipation for this matchup. Going to be huge! Now that the trash talking animation has shown up....I wonder if the CPU will pick up on the history and do more of those scenes...

I imagine a Baker Mayfield type stare down of Hue Jackson from Jimmy McBride...
Old 02-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #134

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
If there was only one game to be circled on the schedule, it's got to be this one! Can't wait to see how this one plays out as I'm sure Coach Geezy is dying for revenge on his old program.

-----

Also, if you were able to win the battle for ATH Luke Morgan, essentially stealing him away from Tulane, it would make a win that much sweeter!
No question, this is the game we have all been waiting for since Coach Geezy switched sides to LSU. I can't tell you just how surreal it is to be prepping for a team you built on your own. It feels almost as though you're preparing to play against yourself. Very strange experience I must say.

Luke Morgan would be a huge get for us. We could really use that second "Joker" running back/receiver that can line up anywhere, but so could they, with them set to lose the versatile Michael Brown Jr. to graduation after this season, a player that has been one of the Green Wave's leading receivers the past three years for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBreed
I anxiously check back every 2 hours in anticipation for this matchup. Going to be huge! Now that the trash talking animation has shown up....I wonder if the CPU will pick up on the history and do more of those scenes...

I imagine a Baker Mayfield type stare down of Hue Jackson from Jimmy McBride...
I'm actually on about a game per week pace these days, virtually mirroring real life. I plan to play this game Saturday night and have it posted hopefully by Monday or definitely no later than Tuesday morning.

Glad someone picked up on the Mayfield/Jackson angle for my McBride beef inspiration. lol
Old 02-07-2019, 07:29 AM   #135

Deegeezy's Arena

Game 3, Year 1 Preview (2027 season): LSU Tigers at #18 Tulane Green Wave

GAME 3 PREVIEW

Courtesy

RIVALRY GAME: THE BATTLE FOR THE RAG

Latest Line (courtesy Bovada - Las Vegas):

2026: LSU QB Rob Mason was sacked twice and threw 3 interceptions as the Wave went on to celebrate its 10th consecutive victory over rival LSU.

Last Meeting: For a second straight season, LSU had Tulane on the ropes in a close battle but was unable to come up with the big plays they needed in crunch time as the 22nd ranked Tigers fell to the 6th ranked Green Wave 43-38 last year at Tiger Stadium. Wave QB Jimmy McBride threw for only 176 passing yards, however he finished with 3 touchdown passes and no interceptions while RB Anthony Brown rushed for 151 yards and two scores. The loss for LSU was its 10th straight to Tulane, and they have not beaten their in-state rivals since coming away with a 31-27 win in 2016 at Tiger Stadium, the Green Wave's only loss during its national championship run that season. The win for Tulane last year improved head coach D. Geezy's record to 12-3 overall versus the Tigers, but he now joins the other side of this historic in-state rivalry.

2025: Former Wave PK Aaron Larson drilled the game-winning 32-yard walk-off field goal as time expired, capping off a perfect 4 for 4 day and helping his team earn an emphatic victory over the Tigers two years ago.

Last Meeting at Venue: Two years ago, 16th ranked LSU jumped out to an early 14-3 lead, their first double-digit lead over their SEC rival Tulane since the 2016 season. However, behind steady play from then-redshirt sophomore QB Jimmy McBride along with a strong defensive performance by former Wave MLB Mario Young, the #6 ranked Green Wave prevailed in a thrilling 33-30 victory over the Tigers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. McBride threw for 355 yards and a touchdown while Young accounted for 14 tackles and 2 sacks as the Green Wave won its 9th straight over their in-state foes. After seeing the Tigers tie the game up at 30-30 with 1:58 remaining, McBride put together a drive for the ages, setting up former Wave PK Aaron Larson for the game-winning 32-yard walk-off field goal as time expired.

Starting Lineups/Key Players:

* - IMPACT player

Click here to view 2027 LSU Tigers Roster

Injuries:

:

None

:

None

Schedules/Results:

Head Coach D. Geezy's Take

LSU head coach D. Geezy addressed the media on Thursday ahead of Saturday night's huge showdown at Tulane.

I am not going to lie; you get a bit nostalgic when watching game tape and studying a team you assembled from top to bottom. Literally every single player on their roster is a player that was recruited while I was there, so you naturally still have a strong connection to their program. That said, you snap out of it and quickly realize that this is the sport/business we're in, and both myself and their university each went our separate ways and must move forward.

I can't say enough great things about QB Jimmy McBride. Last year he threw for 42 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and despite their loss last week at Michigan, he looked as fantastic as ever and there is a reason that he's currently a Heisman candidate. He did get sacked six times by the Wolverines, and I know (Tulane head coach) Joe Roberts will make pass protection a point of emphasis this week, but hopefully we can figure out how to make him uncomfortable like he was last week in Ann Arbor. His favorite target on Saturday was junior WR Grant Brady, who caught 13 receptions for about 100 yards and 3 touchdowns, so a part of making McBride uncomfortable will be figuring out how to take Grant away.

The last two times these two teams met, the games were extremely close. The hope is that a great week of preparation, which we have had thus far, along with a solid game plan could get us over the hump. We have done a hell of a job protecting the football so far this season, and in the environment we're stepping into Saturday night, we will have to do the same. The Mercedes-Benz Superdome is one of the best homefield advantages in college football, and if we allow them to get early momentum, it will feel like an avalanche in there; I've seen it happen to opponents so many times over the past several years.

The bottom line is that we really need to get out to a fast start and at least take the crowd somewhat out of the game early, and hopefully put this 10-game losing streak behind us in order to get a huge jump in the SEC standings here in the early-going. I look forward to being back in the dome Saturday night and I think if we play well and execute at a high level, we can get the win.

- LSU head coach D. Geezy

Last edited by Deegeezy; 04-05-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2019, 07:29 AM   #136

Deegeezy's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »