Home

Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

This is a discussion on Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #297
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

Bummer result against Arkansas. Sometimes nothing breaks your way. Close strong!

Crazy to see your old receiver in the Heisman ranks.

Wow! Interesting matchups coming up. Boise-Michigan UCF-Tulane, Battle for the Victory Bell, Reno-Bama, WVU-Texas, A&M-TCU. Should be some movement in the rankings.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #298
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

Oh no... That's not good... I think that they were able to score quickly in the first half, and the Tigers just weren't able to get anything going. That's such a shame, really.

Indy Eleven | Rutgers | NY Giants | Watford
Old 04-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #299
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

reeling.
going to need some time.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #300

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Bummer result against Arkansas. Sometimes nothing breaks your way. Close strong!

Crazy to see your old receiver in the Heisman ranks.

Wow! Interesting matchups coming up. Boise-Michigan UCF-Tulane, Battle for the Victory Bell, Reno-Bama, WVU-Texas, A&M-TCU. Should be some movement in the rankings.
I definitely got caught sleeping at the wheel for this one. They got that early touchdown, and things just seemed to snowball from there.

It has been very intriguing to see how Tulane's players are used in these simulated games. I knew it would be likely that a random star would emerge, but I am stunned that Grant Brady ended up being that guy; he never really lived up to the hype for me.

I intentionally tried to make the end of season schedule a little juicier, and out of conference schedules as a whole more juicier than the default schedules the game puts out each year. These end of season scenarios this year almost couldn't have been scripted any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfine
Oh no... That's not good... I think that they were able to score quickly in the first half, and the Tigers just weren't able to get anything going. That's such a shame, really.
You hit the nail on the head. They just seemed to get early momentum and we were never able to recover. Sometimes, when you get down by two scores, you just know you're in trouble. You especially know you're in trouble when you're down by two scores and are forced to punt - it was at that point that I knew that this may be "one of those days."

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
reeling.
going to need some time.
Yeah I really want to finish the year off with two wins now. 9-4 is still a good year 1 record. It won't be easy though, as depsite their record, Oklahoma is pretty good on paper (B- overall rating), and I know the crowd in Norman will be hyped up for this rare matchup versus an SEC team, with a bowl berth on the line.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #301

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Game 12, Year 1 Preview (2027 season): LSU Tigers at Oklahoma Sooners

GAME 12 PREVIEW

Courtesy

Latest Line (courtesy Bovada - Las Vegas):

....................Pick'em ....................

2003: Former LSU RB Justin Vincent (LEFT) carried the ball 16 times for 117 yards and this 18-yard touchdown, helping to propel former Tigers head coach and current Alabama head coach Nick Saban (RIGHT) to his first ever National Championship, in 2003.

Game Capsule: In a very rare matchup between the two programs, LSU (7-4) travels to Norman to face Oklahoma (5-6) in what will be the two schools' first ever regular season matchup. The two teams have not faced each other since 2012's Fiesta Bowl, a game then-#4 Oklahoma won over then-#8 LSU 37-16 in Glendale, Arizona.

The teams also met in 2003's BCS National Championship Game in New Orleans, a game the Tigers won 21-14 in their home state at the then-named Louisiana Superdome. Lastly, the teams faced off in the 1950 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans at old Tulane Stadium, a game the Sooners won 35-0 to conclude the 1949 season.

After a horrid 1-5 start this season, Oklahoma has won 4 of its past 5 contests, and hopes to become bowl eligible with a win Saturday night in order to avoid missing out on a bowl for the first time since the 1998 season.

On the other hand, just a few weeks ago, the Tigers had a 6-2 record and were set to play for first place in the SEC West, however they have since lost 2 of their past 3 contests, and are now just hoping to close out the year strong and avoid a late-season collapse scenario. The game will mark first year LSU head coach D. Geezy's first ever contest versus the Sooners, and the two teams are set to face again in 2028 at Baton Rouge per a contract signed between the two programs all the way back in 2014.

Starting Lineups/Key Players:

* - IMPACT player

Click here to view 2027 LSU Tigers Roster

Injuries:

:

25-CB Christian Darby (sr) - 74 ovr: broken shoulder, out for the season
15-RB Greg Hearn (rs-jr) - 73 ovr: torn back muscle, doubtful

:

None

Schedules/Results:

Last edited by Deegeezy; 04-30-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 09:48 AM   #302
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Game 12, Year 1 Preview (2027 season): LSU Tigers at Oklahoma Sooners

Sooners 28-24
Old 04-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #303
Rookie

Re: Game 12, Year 1 Preview (2027 season): LSU Tigers at Oklahoma Sooners

I'm surprised this is a pick'em. It will be a close match for sure, but I still feel like you should be favored. Looking forward to the next update.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:02 PM   #304
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

LSU 35 - 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »