Home

Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

This is a discussion on Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #313

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Wow! Good for Reno and Boise! I'm sure y'all did not see that one coming. I hope it ends up being a Mizzou-WVU title. Don't much care for Texas.

Do you just *never* fair catch it? 2 yards per return seems pretty inexcusable.

Also, what's your field goal process again? I'm trying to figure out how you missed a 21 yard chip shot. Is it something with the controller?

Anyway, good job showing resilience against OU. Excited to see the bowl game rollout.
I am still stunned about what has transpired around the nation...In all my years and seasons of doing this dynasty, I have never seen an upset of the magnitude of Nevada over Bama. I mean, they didn't just upset them; they walked into Tuscaloosa and absoluted hammered those guys. Incredible.

I have no excuses for the poor punt return average. I think my gunner protection this year has been a bit subpar, but I have also made some bad decisions on occasion, sometimes running backwards trying to make something happen. The funny part about this past game, and I could not find a way to fit this into the game story, but I was literally about to replace Carter Jr. with another player back there right before that touchdown return but decided to give him one last shot. Glad I did not make the move.

As for my field goal kicking struggles, I made this post literally over three years ago back in April of 2016 during the Part II installment of this dynasty (crazy to think it was that long ago!), so now is probably a good time to refresh everyone's memory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Editor's Note:

So I have figured out what is wrong with my field goal kicking lately - It's not me just getting old and losing my stick skills....It's my joystick itself.

The RIGHT STICK toggle button seems to be slightly bent, which is creating difficulty in consistenly flicking the stick in the direction I want it to go. It has little no effect on other game play; it's just the sudden flick from one direction to another that is handicapped.

Typically, this would be cause to run out and buy a brand new joystick, however I actually LOVE this. I have been searching for YEARS for ways to make field goal kicking more difficult and not automatic and by accident, I have found that solution. My kicker went 22 of 28 last season and also missed 1 extra point, easily making it the worst kicking year of this dynasty through 11+ seasons. And, to start this season, I have missed one field goal and one extra point, and this is with an 84 overall kicker and with the KAC slider turned down to 25.

Field goals are still easily makeable, I just have to have 100% concentration and a strong, precise thumb on each and every one of them. I am very happy with this development and hopefully this continues to add some variety to the dynasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Geezy! Sorry for disappearing in the heart of your season brother. Just caught up from the leadup to the Bama contest. A couple heartbreakers for you there with Bama and Arkansas sandwiched around a couple nice wins. It seems like winning the turnover battle and being consistent seem to be the name of the game for you when you look at the big difference between those wins and those losses. Mason is always explosive, but the games when he either tries to do too much or doesn't take care of the football seem to be the games that end up in the L column. Not blaming the QB, but with another year of maturity and Geezy tutelage, his senior season could be the year that he puts it all together. Who knows, he could be making a Heisman push while you're looking for a BCS berth if all goes according to plan (not that it ever does)! Good luck in the bowl game, it'll be nice to finish out with a win and get some objectives out of the way in year one.
Moose, never a need to apologize to me my friend. This is just a video game message board afterall.

Great observations and feedback from you. The one big disappointment this year for me indeed has been the turnovers from the quarterback position. Coming off a year at Tulane in which my QB threw 42 touchdowns and just 10 interceptions, I am shocked that my guy Rob Mason is sitting at 20 touchdowns and 15 interceptions heading into the postseason. For our team to get to the next level, we need to get that touchdown number up and that interception # down a tad. A 2 to 1 ratio would be much more tolerable, and getting to that point or better will be one of our top priorities heading into next season.

I agree with everything else you said - we aren't losing a ton of key pieces after this year, especially on offense, and we have some very good defensive recruits coming in next year. The nucleus is certainly there for us to make a run.

As you said, things haven't always gone according to plan, but my gut tells me that we'll see the Tigers make a BIG leap in 2028!
Old 05-05-2019, 06:37 AM   #314

Deegeezy's Arena

2027 NCAA FOOTBALL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK REVIEW

For a second straight season, Texas blows away Missouri in Big 12 title game and clinches a BCS National Championship Game berth in the process

#1 ranked Longhorns will travel to New Orleans hoping to come away with a national championship after losing last year's title game to Notre Dame, but who will they face? | Texas QB Joe Jones throws for 249 yards and 2 touchdowns along with 1 rushing touchdown, out-duels Tigers' QB Bo Owens in battle of Heisman finalists | RB Alex Moore rushes for 124 yards and 3 touchdowns as #7 Alabama knocks off #14 South Carolina 36-27 to win their third SEC title in four seasons

ACC Championship Game -- Charlotte, NC

Clemson 8-5 (6-3) -- 23
#24 Miami 11-2 (9-0) -- 28

Big XII Championship Game -- Dallas, TX

#1 Texas 12-1 (8-1) -- 37
#3 Missouri 11-2 (8-1) -- 13

Conference USA Championship Game -- El Paso, TX

UCF 9-4 (7-2) -- 27
#13 UTEP 12-1 (8-1) -- 20

MAC Championship Game -- Detroit, MI

Central Michigan 9-4 (7-2) -- 14
#23 Temple 11-2 (8-1) -- 21

SEC Championship Game -- Atlanta, GA

#14 South Carolina 10-3 (6-3) -- 27
#7 Alabama 12-1 (9-0) -- 36

Conference Championships Already Determined:

Big East - #2 West Virginia 11-1 (7-0)
Big Ten - #4 Michigan 11-1 (8-0)
Mountain West - #21 Boise St. 11-1 (8-0)
Pac-10 - #6 California 10-2 (8-1)
Sun Belt - Troy 10-2 (7-1)
Western Athletic - #17 Louisiana Tech 11-1 (8-0)

Next:

Last edited by Deegeezy; 05-07-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #315
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

Let’s go Longhorns!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #316

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23

Let’s go Longhorns!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This could be their year! They've been a strong team throughout this dynasty and have just not been able to take that final step or two. They came close a year ago, but really look primed to take it all this season.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #317

Deegeezy's Arena

Courtesy

LSU EARNS NEW YEAR'S DAY POSTSEASON BID, WILL TAKE ON WISCONSIN IN GATOR BOWL

Teams set to meet for the first time since Wisconsin's 44-17 Outback Bowl thrashing in 2023 | Head coach D. Geezy hopes to cap-off his first season with the Tigers with a win in Jacksonville and use this as an opportunity to begin building early momentum for next season

Old 05-06-2019, 10:59 AM   #318

Deegeezy's Arena

2027 NCAA FOOTBALL BOWL SELECTION SHOW RESULTS

Texas, Michigan come out of very crowded BCS field to gain National Championship Game berths, West Virginia left fuming

After losing last year's title game to Notre Dame, QB Joe Jones and the top-ranked Longhorns (1.000) will face the Wolverines (.992) in New Orleans with hopes of securing their first national title since 2005 | Michigan sneaks into BCS title game despite #3 ranking in Coaches Poll and late season loss to Boise St.; team hopes this trip to New Orleans goes better than 2023's title game loss to Florida | Ranked #2 in the Coaches Poll and with their lone loss coming to #1-ranked Texas, West Virginia (.992) has legitimate BCS gripe but will face #4 USC (.983) in the Fiesta Bowl | NCAA President Mark Emmert: BCS isn't going away, a playoff system would do nothing but devalue regular season and bowl games | Despite poor 3-3 start, defending national champion Fighting Irish dominate back-half of schedule to secure Rose Bowl berth, will face #5 California

BCS Bowl Games

BCS National Championship Game - New Orleans, LA

#2 Michigan (11-1)
#1 Texas (12-1)

Fiesta Bowl - Glendale, AZ

#3 West Virginia (11-1)
#4 USC (10-2)

Orange Bowl - Miami, FL

#23 Miami (11-2)
#8 Missouri (11-2)

Rose Bowl - Pasadena, CA

#7 Notre Dame (9-3)
#5 California (10-2)

Sugar Bowl - New Orleans, LA

#6 Alabama (12-1)
#10 Penn St. (10-2)

Remaining Bowl Games

Code:

New Mexico Bowl
BYU                   (6-6)
Fresno St.            (8-4)

St. Petersberg Bowl
Southern Miss         (6-6)
Ball St.              (7-5)

New Orleans Bowl
Houston               (7-4)
Troy                 (10-2)

Las Vegas Bowl
Ohio                 (10-2)
#19 Boise St.        (11-1)

Poinsettia Bowl
New Mexico            (6-6)
TCU                   (8-4)

Hawai'i Bowl
UCF                   (9-4)
Hawai'i               (6-6)

Little Ceasars Pizza Bowl
UAB                   (7-4)
#24 Temple           (11-2)

Code:

Meineke Car Care Bowl
Clemson               (8-5)
Pittsburgh            (6-5)

Emerald Bowl
#17 Louisiana Tech   (11-1)
Rutgers               (9-3)

Music City Bowl
Ole Miss              (6-6)
Boston College        (7-5)

Independence Bowl
Utah                  (8-4)
UL-Monroe             (7-5)

EagleBank Bowl
Toledo                (9-3)
#22 Navy              (9-3)

Champs Sports Bowl
Bowling Green         (7-4)
Duke                  (9-2)

Humanitarian Bowl
Buffalo               (6-5)
Navy                 (10-2)

Code:

Holiday Bowl
Oklahoma St.          (9-3)
#14 UCLA              (9-3)

Sun Bowl
Washington            (8-4)
Georgia Tech          (7-5)

Armed Forces Bowl
Memphis               (9-3)
Colorado St.          (6-5)

Liberty Bowl
Georgia               (6-6)
#21 UTEP             (11-2)

Texas Bowl
Ohio St.              (6-6)
East Carolina         (6-6)

Insight Bowl
Kansas                (8-4)
Iowa                  (6-6)

Chick-fil-A Bowl
Tennessee             (8-4)
#20 Virginia Tech     (9-3)

Code:

Outback Bowl
#18 South Carolina   (10-3)
Northwestern          (8-3)

Capital One Bowl
#13 Florida           (9-3)
#16 Michigan St.      (9-3)

Gator Bowl
LSU                   (8-4)
Wisconsin             (6-6)

Alamo Bowl
#25 Colorado          (9-3)
#9 Oregon            (10-2)

GMAC Bowl
Central Michigan      (9-4)
USF                   (9-3)

Cotton Bowl
#11 Tulane            (9-3)
#12 Texas A&M        (10-2) 

Papajohns.com Bowl
Middle Tenn. St.     (10-2)
Cincinnati            (6-6)

Next:

2027 HEISMAN TROPHY PRESENTATION SHOW

Invitees (in alphabetical order):

Last edited by Deegeezy; 05-17-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:40 PM   #319
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

I love the roster parity that has occurred over time. Also, Joe Jones should be the Heisman winner. 43-1 TD-Int ratio? Gotta be kidding me!
Old 05-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #320
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

gotta get that 9th win!

looks like aside from DL you're not relying on too many SRs so you should be better next season, I'm making an early prediction of an SEC Championship.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »