Home

Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

This is a discussion on Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #401

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmold2222
That sounds like a good plan! It'll keep your RBs fresh and less risk of injury. I am using NCAA Football 14. They aren't necessarily pass catching backs but they can contribute in the passing game if my receivers can't get open.
Thanks man...I look forward to seeing how this all works out and seeing what their stats look like after a couple of games. I feel like most teams in real life use at least three backs each game, so the hope is that this refined rotation helps to simulate that a little better moving forward. I also like the overall concept of my new offensive coordinator, Bryce Allen, bringing new ideas to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Seems like you've got it figured out. In my PS2 dynasty I have a 95 overall, 93 overall, and 91 overall backs. The first two combined for over 300 yards in our first game of the season and the third hardly contributed at all.

My plan so far was to add flexbone and sub one in at fullback but maybe this is smarter. We ran a lot of I form option in the first game. Also toying with putting two in the slot positions in spread flex and running the two triple option plays out of there somewhat.

Yours allows you to not deviate from your general way of doing things, which is probably necessary considering the lack of custom playbooks.
I am admittedly not too familiar with option offenses, at least not in the video game world, so I cannot comment there too much unfortunately.

I do believe, as you note, that you can run a conventional offense and still get multiple backs involved; it just takes creativity, particularly in the passing game.

Doing it this way, there will be moments where I have my starter Scottie Rodgers at tailback, there will be moments where he's lined up in the slot or out wide while second string Greg Hearn is in the backfield, and there will be times where Hearn is in the slot or out wide while third string back D.J. Weaver is in the backfield. Ideally, I'd like to see a touch distribution that looks similar to this each game (obviously all depends on game-flow):

Scottie Rodgers: 15 to 18 carries + 6 to 10 receptions
Greg Hearn: 8 to 10 carries + 4 to 6 receptions
D.J. Weaver: 6 to 8 carries + 2 to 4 receptions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2019, 07:13 AM   #402

Deegeezy's Arena

Game 1, Year 2 Preview (2028 season): LSU Tigers at Florida St. Seminoles

GAME 1 PREVIEW

Courtesy

Latest Line (courtesy Bovada - Las Vegas):

....................2 1/2....................

2027: In last season's contest, with under a minute to go in the game, then-true freshman WR Brady Carter Jr. dropped this perfectly placed deep ball by QB Rob Mason which potentially could have been the game-winner.

Last Meeting: These two teams met a year ago in Baton Rouge, in what was both of their 2027 regular season openers and in what was the debut game of head coach D. Geezy with the Tigers. Unfortunately for Geezy and the LSU faithful, despite his team at one point leading by 18 points, they lost to Florida St. in comeback fashion, 28-24. After getting an early 3-yard touchdown run by then-true freshman RB Scottie Rodgers along with two touchdowns from its defense, LSU stormed out to a 21-3 first half lead. However, behind the efficient passing by former Seminoles QB Junior Reese along with a strong performance by then-junior RB Kelvin Powell (262 all-purpose yards), FSU was able to come back to win the contest after the Tigers' offense went stagnant for most of the remainder of the game. Following last season's defeat, LSU is currently 2-9 all-time versus the Seminoles.

Starting Lineups/Key Players:

* - IMPACT player

Click here to view 2028 LSU Tigers Roster

2027 Season Recaps:

: For a third straight season, despite last year's hiring of two-time national champion and six-time SEC champion head coach D. Geezy away from rival Tulane, LSU finished the year 8-5, a record that includes a very disappointing 51-38 loss to Wisconsin in the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day. With senior QB Rob Mason now heading into his fourth and final year as LSU's starting quarterback, the Tigers hope to get out of the abyss of mediocrity and to at least finish a season ranked for the first time since 2022. The team is set to return 9 starters on offense, losing only its starting fullback and center, but will return just 5 starters on defense in 2028.

: Despite going into the 2027 season with sky-high expectations and being ranked 10th in last year's preseason Coaches Poll, Florida St. finished the year with an abysmal 4-8 record, failing to qualify for a bowl game for the first time since 2023 after winning double-digit games and qualifying for BCS bowl bids each of its previous three seasons. The Seminoles will be hoping for a big year from star RB Kelvin Powell (91 ovr), who shocked many when he elected to return for his senior season in Tallahassee. The Noles will be returning 7 starters on offense and 7 on defense, including stud linebackers Darnell Mooney (84 ovr), Jason Newby (83 ovr), and Marcus Young (80 ovr).

Schedules/Results:

Head Coach D. Geezy's Take

LSU second-year head coach D. Geezy addressed the media on Thursday as his team gets set to take on FSU on Sunday Night.

We feel really good about our team this season, really good. We return most of our offense, and though we're changing systems, we feel like the group is set to take a major leap in 2028 with so many players coming back. It obviously all starts with the guy we have under center, senior Rob Mason (86 ovr). Ball security will be key for us this year, and that's something (new offensive coordinator) Bryce Allen and I worked a lot on with Rob this off-season to help cut down in that area.

Overall, looking at their entire team, the first thing that stands out when looking at Florida St. on tape or when studying their personnel, is the sheer amount of speed they have across the board. This is going to sound like an exaggeration even though it's really not, but this may be the fastest team I have ever coached against on the offensive side of the ball. Of course RB Kelvin Powell (91 ovr, 90 spd) is one of the fastest guys in the country at the running back position, but their receiving group is like a 4 x 400 relay team. And aside from their top guy Herman Gordon (80 ovr, 96 spd), they're all massive. Dwayne Watson (78 ovr, 90 spd) is 6-5 214 pounds, the freshman Stephen Wilson (77 ovr, 95 spd) is 6-5 200 pounds, and Martel Davis (76 ovr, 94 spd) is 6-6 220 pounds. (Defensive coordinator) Charles Kelly and the defensive crew will really have their work cut out trying to defend this weekend, and it will be very important that we get a good pass rush so that QB Wallace Castillo (82 ovr) doesn't have all day to throw the ball up to these giants.

This is without question one of the most hostile environments in all of college football, and it is important that we do not allow them to get out to a fast start. This is a venue that, once that momentum gets rolling, and you hear that Tomahawk Chop song playing for the sixth or seventh time while you're down a couple of scores, it could be over for you real quick. We have to keep their crowd out of the game, and figure out what we need to do to come out of there with a big opening week win that could really set the tone for us in 2028.

- LSU head coach D. Geezy

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-03-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:06 AM   #403
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Game 1, Year 2 Preview (2028 season): LSU Tigers at Florida St. Seminoles

that secondary looks like it's gonna rain passing TDs
Old 07-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #404
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Game 1, Year 2 Preview (2028 season): LSU Tigers at Florida St. Seminoles

Looking forward to this game against Florida State. Big game, that could really go either way. Florida State will be looking to start the year out on a positive note following the losing season (and missed bowl game) last year, while the Tigers will want to get a head start on what promises to be a very challenging season.

It appears Florida State has some talent at the Safety position, but they are young (both starters listed as sophomores) so I wonder if their overall inexperience could lead to your senior-laden offensive pass-threats to sneak behind them for some potential big plays? I do think if you're able to do that, they would not be able to catch up and make a tackle.

Should be an extremely entertaining game that I think the Tigers will win.

Good luck man!
Old 07-06-2019, 05:49 PM   #405

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
that secondary looks like it's gonna rain passing TDs
Exclusive live footage of QB Rob Mason during film study earlier in the week:

I think you're right. I love our matchups this week in the passing game. The freshman Patrick Gore in particular has a bullseye painted on him. I think we can eat him alive from the slot position if we can get some one-on-one matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof21
Looking forward to this game against Florida State. Big game, that could really go either way. Florida State will be looking to start the year out on a positive note following the losing season (and missed bowl game) last year, while the Tigers will want to get a head start on what promises to be a very challenging season.

It appears Florida State has some talent at the Safety position, but they are young (both starters listed as sophomores) so I wonder if their overall inexperience could lead to your senior-laden offensive pass-threats to sneak behind them for some potential big plays? I do think if you're able to do that, they would not be able to catch up and make a tackle.

Should be an extremely entertaining game that I think the Tigers will win.

Good luck man!
This game, on paper, looks fairly even, but I have quiet confidence heading into it. I feel very good about our team this year and think we can beat anybody as long as we take care of the football.

The matchup you point out is the one I like the most - our offense against their defense, and really, I like our offense against any defense this year. Is it an offense full of guys rated in the 90s? No. But it is solid across the board and I think Mason could have a big leap this year in this new offense, an offense I had a lot of success with at Tulane in my final years there.

The defense is the side of the ball I am worried about. We're fairly young in the back-7, and the talent level in some areas isn't where we want it to be. However, I do feel like we can win with this group; great play-calling will be key on that side of the ball this year, as will our ability to force turnovers. Hopefully we can keep RB Kelvin Powell and those speedy receivers from going nuts on us this evening.

Thanks for the great feedback as always, men...Time to turn on the XBOX and FINALLY kick off the 2028 season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2019, 08:53 AM   #406

Deegeezy's Arena

Game 1, Year 2 (2028 season): LSU Tigers at Florida St. Seminoles

NR 51 -- 1-0
NR 14 -- 0-1

RB Scottie Rodgers celebrated with WR Glen Walker following Rodgers' career-long 73-yard touchdown reception in which he ran a slant route from the slot wide receiver position. The score increased LSU's lead to 21-7, and began a 28-point second quarter scoring spree.

QB Mason, RB Rodgers, and LSU's defense all come up stellar in a big 51-14 opening day triumph over Florida St. | Senior Mason accounts for four touchdowns as Tigers start off the 2028 season in emphatic fashion | Despite low rushing totals due to not playing any of the second half with the score being out of hand, RB Rodgers accounts for 7 receptions for 119 yards and 2 touchdowns | LSU gets much-needed confidence boost heading into next week's colossal home bout with #5 Michigan

Tallahassee, FL -- A season ago, a 23rd ranked LSU squad hosted 10th ranked Florida St. in their 2027 season opener and in the debut game of head coach D. Geezy on the Tigers' sideline. The home team last season marched out to a 21-3 lead, but eventually succumbed in a heart-breaking 28-24 defeat to the visiting Seminoles. This year however, LSU was able to amass a huge first half lead once again versus the Noles, only this time they never looked back, blowing past overwhelmed FSU 51-14 Sunday night at Tallahassee. Tigers senior QB Rob Mason accounted for 340 total yards and four total touchdowns as LSU dominated the Noles from start to finish, aided by a 28-point second quarter scoring onslaught on a night in which the Tigers only punted once.

At the end of this 63-yard burst on LSU's second offensive play from scrimmage, QB Rob Mason would get stripped of the football by CB Sean Montgomery (#7), however WR Joe Burnett would scoop up the loose football and take it the rest of the way to give the Tigers an early 7-0 advantage and set the tone for the night.

After forcing a three and out on Florida St.'s game-opening series, Mason went right to work. His 63-yard scramble on LSU's second offensive play from scrimmage would get marred by a forced fumble by FSU CB Sean Montgomery just before getting to the end zone, however senior WR Joe Burnett was able to scoop up the loose football and bring it the remaining four yards for a touchdown, giving the Tigers a 7-0 advantage.

Seminoles QB Wallace Castillo would throw an interception on his team's very next offensive possession, to Tigers junior CB Jerome Harmon, and a few plays later, that would result in a 1-yard touchdown run on a 4th and goal option keeper by Mason, increasing LSU's lead to 14-0.

After leading a drive that went 16 plays for 72 yards, lasted close to 5 minutes and featured two fourth down conversions, Castillo's 13-yard touchdown pass to WR Martel Davis would briefly give the Noles hope, cutting the FSU deficit to 14-7, but that's when the aforementioned LSU first half scoring onslaught began.

Mason's 73-yard touchdown pass to RB Scottie Rodgers, who beat Seminoles freshman DB Patrick Gore on a slant route from the slot wide receiver position, increased the Tigers' lead to 21-7. That would quickly get followed up by a 23-yard touchdown run by Mason that made the score 28-7 with just over two minutes to go in the half. Then, it was time for LSU's defense to get in on the fun.

Desperate to stop his team's bleeding and get some points before half to make a game out of it, Castillo's pass attempt over the middle to WR Dwayne Watson was deflected at the line of scrimmage by Tigers true freshman reserve DE Derek Holley, and his recruiting classmate, freshman CB Vince Cromarite, was able to pluck the ball out of the air before returning it 19 yards for a touchdown that made the score 35-7 with 1:43 to go until the break. The play was a microcosm of the type of dominant defense the Tigers played on this day, as they held Castillo to just 65 passing yards on the afternoon.

"Our secondary is young and may not get the accolades that say a team like Alabama gets, but we got some scrappy young guys that will make offenses fight for every inch," said LSU defensive coordinator Charles Kelly, who coached at Florida St. from 2020-2023 before not being retained following the 2023 season despite helping the Seminoles win a national title in 2020. "I have to admit, to come in here and dominate the way we did, this one felt good for me personally."

"I thought everything just clicked tonight - the pass defense was incredible, and we held (FSU running back) Kelvin Powell in check for the most part until he got a few big runs at the end to make his stats look better. I am really proud of our group."

LSU junior CB Jerome Harmon played an integral role in holding Florida St. QB Wallace Castillo to just 65 passing yards on the day, including coming down with this first quarter interception that would eventually lead to the Tigers increasing their lead to 14-0.
Mason's 10-yard touchdown pass to Rodgers with 0:16 to go in the half made the score 42-7, all but sealing the contest and also sending Florida St.'s players and coaches to the halftime locker room to the tune of a chorus of boos from the sold-out crowd at Doak Campbell Stadium.

Mason finished the game 16 of 25 for 271 passing yards and the 2 touchdowns through the air while rushing for a team-high 69 yards and the 2 touchdowns on the ground, and Rodgers finished with 119 receiving yards while catching both of Mason's touchdown passes. Rodgers had only 3 carries for 7 yards on the night, however that is only because he sat the entire second half with the game well in-hand for LSU, as did most of the team's starters for the majority of the game's final two quarters.

Perhaps the only entertaining part of the second half came near the tail-end of the game when, after his team recovered an onside kick attempt by Florida St. after a late score and after watching his offense drive deep into Seminoles territory, Geezy elected to have sophomore PK Ross Bryant kick a chip-shot field goal on the game's final play, something that sources indicate "infuriated" the FSU coaching staff, but Geezy was not phased.

"Hey, obviously at the end there they thought they had a chance, kicking the onside kick to try to get the ball back down by 34, so I figured the game must have still been in doubt so we needed points," said the second year Tigers head coach sarcastically during his postgame conference. "I mean listen...I've decided I am not in this business to make friends. 50 points was something that was important to me and important to our team at that moment, so we took it.

"We're trying to get our program up to a certain level, and we felt the opportunity to get over the 50-point plateau was in front of us so why not take it? College football is unique and style points matter, and quite honestly, we didn't take too kindly to them doing their Tomahawk Chop dance at midfield after our game last year, so I will not apologize for the field goal. It's what we wanted and it is their job to stop us. On top of all of that, it was 4th and 3 with like four seconds remaining, and quite frankly I did not want risk adding a turnover on downs to our stat sheet.

"Besides, Coach Kelly made me do it," Geezy quipped as he left the postgame press conference to laughter from the media members in attendance.

LSU (1-0) will host #5 Michigan (0-0) next week at Tiger Stadium. The game will mark the first ever meeting between the Tigers and the Wolverines in what will be the first matchup of a two-game contract signed by the two schools last September.

Notes: LSU senior WR Russell Stephens (80 ovr) exited the game in the third quarter due to injury, and a team source indicates that he suffered a torn Achilles, ending his 2028 season and in effect, his career at LSU. Stephens, who was injured while blocking on a run play, finished last season with 467 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns. After serving as the team's #3 receiver last year, Stephens was the 5th receiver on the depth chart this season...Tigers freshman LB Derek Kerr (75 ovr), who received praise throughout the team's fall training camp practices, had a very quiet evening, finishing with just 1 tackle in his debut game. Geezy indicated in his post game presser that conditioning was a big problem for Kerr, who was seen exiting the field multiple times due to fatigue throughout the contest, and was a fixture on the bench with an oxygen mask on his face. Kerr may see his special teams snaps decrease as a result, per Geezy, but the team plans to evaluate his progress for at least another week before doing anything drastic.

Many Seminoles fans decided well before the game's conclusion that they had seen enough and hit the exits early Sunday night.

Box Score

LSU Tigers at Florida State Seminoles
1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
LSU Tigers (1-0)14286351
Florida State Seminoles (0-1)700714

1st

: 63 yd run by Mason and 4 yd fumble recovery TD by Burnett (Bryant kick) 7:19 -- 7-0
: 1 yd TD run by Mason (Bryant kick) 5:34 -- 14-0
: 13 yd TD pass from Castillo to Davis (Harris kick) 0:54 -- 14-7

2nd

: 73 yd TD pass from Mason to S. Rodgers (Bryant kick) 8:48 -- 21-7
: 23 yd TD run by Mason (Bryant kick) 2:05 -- 28-7
: 19 yd interception return TD by Cromartie (Bryant kick) 1:43 -- 35-7
: 10 yd TD pass from Mason to S. Rodgers (Bryant kick) 0:16 -- 42-7

3rd

: 38 yd FG by Bryant 5:23 -- 45-7
: 33 yd FG by Bryant 1:02 -- 48-7

4th

: 10 yd TD pass from Castillo to Watson (Harris kick) 3:15 -- 48-14
: 22 yd FG by Bryant 0:00 -- 51-14

Game Statistics

LSU

Code:

Passing                            RATING  COMP  ATT  YDS  TD  INT 
 7-QB  *Rob Mason(sr)               173.4   16    25  271   2   1
 5-QB  Matt Harris(rs-jr)             0.0    0     2    0   0   0

Rushing                            ATT  YDS  TD 
28-RB  D.J. Weaver(jr)              16   69   0
 7-QB  *Rob Mason(sr)                6   69   2
46-RB  Anthony Johnson(rs-sr)        4   23   0
25-RB  Greg Hearn(rs-sr)             3   14   0
33-RB  Scottie Rodgers(so)           3    7   0

Receiving                          REC  YDS  TD 
33-RB  Scottie Rodgers(so)           7  119   2
13-TE  Lucas Rodgers(sr)             3   44   0
25-RB  Greg Hearn(rs-sr)             2   57   0
 1-WR  Brady Carter Jr.(so)          2   48   0 (2 kr, 38 yds | 4 pr, 13 yds)
 9-TE  Julius Broussard(rs-fr)       2    3   0
87-WR  Joe Burnett(sr)               0    0   0 (1 fr td)

Defensive Leaders                  TAK  SOLO  AST  TFL  SCK  INT 
21-CB  Vince Cromartie(fr)           8    7    1    0    0    1 (1 td)
99-OLB *Will McNeal(so)              6    5    1    2    0    0
90-LE  Matt Manning(rs-sr)           2    2    0    1    1    0
 6-CB  Jerome Harmon(jr)             2    2    0    0    0    1
11-OLB Derek Kerr(fr)                1    1    0    0    0    0

Kicking                            FG MADE FG ATT LONG  MISSED  XP MADE XP ATT 
 3-PK  Ross Bryant(so)               3       3     38     n/a     6       6

Key Team Stats:
Total Offensive Yards: 453
Rushing Totals: 32 att 182 yds 2 tds
Sacks Allowed: 2
3rd down conversions: 7-13 (53%)
4th down conversions: 1-1 (100%)
Offensive Turnovers: 1
Penalties: 2 for 20 yards
Time of Possession: 19:53

Florida St.

Code:

Passing                            RATING  COMP  ATT  YDS  TD  INT 
19-QB  Wallace Castillo(sr)          86.6   11    22   65   2   2

Rushing                            ATT  YDS  TD 
 1-RB  *Kelvin Powell(sr)           23  123   0 (5 kr, 101 yds)
19-QB  Wallace Castillo(sr)          7   52   0
25-RB  Stephen Johnson(so)           3   12   0
 6-WR  Stephen Wilson(fr)            1   -3   0
42-FB  Sean Temple(jr)               1    5   0

Receiving                          REC  YDS  TD 
 1-RB  *Kelvin Powell(sr)            3   11   0
 5-WR  Dwayne Watson(rs-so)          2   14   1
 6-WR  Stephen Wilson(fr)            2    5   0
11-WR  Martel Davis(rs-sr)           1   13   1
83-WR  Herman Gordon(sr)             1   11   0
87-TE  Greg Hill(jr)                 1    7   0
42-FB  Sean Temple(jr)               1    4   0

Defensive Leaders                  TAK  SOLO  AST  TFL  SCK  INT 
18-FS  Robert Wilson(so)             9    6    3    0    0    1
22-SS  Jake Mark(so)                 8    7    1    0    0    0
98-LE  Albert Stover(rs-jr)          3    3    0    2    1    0
 9-RE  Andy Graham(so)               2    2    0    1    1    0
 8-MLB *Darnell Mooney(so)           2    2    0    1    0    0

Kicking                            FG MADE FG ATT LONG  MISSED  XP MADE XP ATT 
 2-PK  Vinnie Harris(fr)             0       1     n/a    57      2       2

Key Team Stats:
Total Offensive Yards: 254
Rushing Totals: 35 att 189 yds 0 tds
Sacks Allowed: 1
3rd down conversions: 3-14 (21%)
4th down conversions: 3-3 (100%)
Offensive Turnovers: 2
Penalties: 5 for 32 yards
Time of Possession: 16:07

2028 LSU Tigers Schedule/Results
Code:

Opponent (record)            Result        LSU Player of the Game                            -Record-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at Florida St. (0-1)         W 51-14       QB Mason 340 total yds, 2 pass tds, 2 rush tds    1-0 (0-0)
vs #5 Michigan (0-0)
at #18 Texas A&M (0-0)
vs Georgia (0-0)
vs #4 Tulane (0-0)
at #8 Florida (0-0)
at #16 South Carolina (0-0)
at Auburn (0-0)
vs #3 Alabama (1-0)
vs Ole Miss (0-0)
at Arkansas (0-0)
vs Oklahoma (0-0)

Next Game:

#5 (0-0) at (1-0)

Photo Gallery

Decked out in their all-black uniforms, QB Wallace Castillo (#19) and the Seminoles were all amped up when they hit the field for the start of the 2028 campaign.

QB Rob Mason was able to find an opening in the defense for this 63-yard gain on just LSU's second play from scrimmage. Near the end of the play, Mason would eventually get stripped of the football by CB Sean Montgomery (#7), however Mason's teammate Joe Burnett was able to corral the loose ball and take it the remaining four yards for a touchdown that made the score 7-0 early.

Florida St. WR Martel Davis' diving touchdown reception cut the Noles' deficit to 14-7, however that would be the team's last visit to the end zone for quite some time.

Much-hyped LSU true freshman linebacker Derek Kerr was a disappointment in the first game action of his career, logging just one tackle on the night. Afterwards, LSU head coach D. Geezy cited conditioning issues as a reason for Kerr's lack of production, as he spent a lot of the game being subbed out and "sucking air on the bench," as the veteran head coach put it during his postgame conference.

Despite an excellent night overall for the Tigers, the team did have some issues with pass protection on Sunday night, as Mason was sacked twice on the evening, including this one by Seminoles sophomore DE Andy Graham.

LSU sophomore RB Scottie Rodgers, who sat out the entire second half of the game due to his team's large lead, finished with just 7 rushing yards on only 3 carries. However, the Louisiana native excelled in his newly enhanced role as a receiver out of the backfield and in the slot, finishing with 7 receptions for 119 yards and 2 touchdowns, all game-highs.

Pic 1 of 3: Castillo, who finished with a paltry 65 yards passing in his debut as FSU's starting quarterback, saw this second quarter pass attempt get tipped at the line of scrimmage by LSU true freshman backup DE Derek Holley (#17), a 4-star recruit last year out of Louisiana who was in the game subbing for a fatigued Kerr.

Pic 2 of 3: Following Holley's tip, fellow true freshman CB Vince Cromartie was able to run underneath the football and come away with the first interception of his career.

Pic 3 of 3: Cromartie, a 4-star recruit from San Antonio, Texas last year, was able to return his first career pick 23 yards for a touchdown, blowing the game wide open at 35-7 with under two minutes to go in the second quarter.

Perhaps the only bright spot for the Seminoles on Sunday Night was the play of star RB Kelvin Powell, who finished with 23 carries for 123 yards, however several of his big runs did not come until the fourth quarter during mop-up time.

This year's postgame scene was much different this time around for the Seminoles, who last year had players that infamously did the Tomahawk Chop on LSU's midfield logo after their 28-24 win over the Tigers in Baton Rouge, something Geezy admitted played a role in his decision to kick a field goal on the game's final play to put his team over the 50-point mark on Sunday.

LSU fans pretty much out-numbered Seminoles fans as the game came to a close, as most of the FSU faithful had already hit the exits throughout the third and fourth quarters.

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-29-2019 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:53 AM   #407

Deegeezy's Arena

#3 Alabama put on the ropes by Troy but squeaks by with a 14-6 opening day win
Junior QB Matt Thompson (90 ovr) throws a late 4-yard touchdown pass to senior FB Joe Powers (85 ovr) to help Crimson Tide outlast Trojans and avoid a major opening week road upset, reminiscent of last year's shocking late season defeat to Nevada | #25 Georgia Tech dominates Texas Tech early, holds off late Red Raiders rally to win 27-17 in Atlanta | #19 TCU at #6 Texas and #2 Notre Dame at #23 Virginia Tech headline a stellar slate of games in next week's first full weekend of college football action

Scores/Standings - through week 1

2028 NCAA Football Rankings - Coaches Poll
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
11USC (37)001501
22Notre Dame (21)001425
33Alabama (1)101374
44Tulane (1)001280
55Michigan (1)001210
66Texas001142
77Oregon001076
88Florida001012
99West Virginia00949
1010Penn St.00889
1111UCLA00830
1212California00773
1313Missouri00718
1414Miami00664
1515Nevada00613
1616South Carolina00563
1717Michigan St.00515
1818Texas A&M00469
1919TCU00425
2020Duke00383
2121Boise St.00342
2222Louisiana Tech00304
2323Virginia Tech00267
2424Fresno St.00232
2525Georgia Tech10199

Others receiving votes:

UCF (167), Ohio St. (138), Ohio (110), Navy (84), Colorado (60), UTEP (38), Iowa (28), Tennessee (18), Southern Miss (11)

Dropped out of poll:

None

Notable Week 1 Scores

#3 Alabama (1-0) -- 14
Troy (0-1) -- 6

Texas Tech (0-1) -- 17
#25 Georgia Tech (1-0) -- 27

Notable Week 2 Games

#5 Michigan (0-0)
LSU (1-0)

#2 Notre Dame (0-0)
#23 Virginia Tech (0-0)

#9 West Virginia (0-0)
#17 Michigan St. (0-0)

#3 Alabama (0-0)
Northwestern (0-0)

Oklahoma (0-0)
#4 Tulane (0-0)

#19 TCU (0-0)
#6 Texas (0-0)

#7 Oregon (0-0)
#14 Miami (0-0)

Bowling Green (1-0)
#8 Florida (0-0)

#10 Penn St. (0-0)
#18 Texas A&M (0-0)

-
Old 07-07-2019, 10:02 AM   #408
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy Part III: Legacy | From Bourbon St. to the Bayou

Well that was dominant. Must have sucked for FSU losing in those fancy unis. I hate the Tomahawk chop and that racist Hollywood chant.

Freshman corner had a huge game pacing everyone in tackles plus the pick six. Geezy threw the freshman linebacker under the bus, on the other hand.

Wild that Bama barely beat Troy. Saban has got to be losing his mind talking about his guys not being focused.

I anticipate Michigan will be a more difficult game. Good luck keeping your boys humble.

Also, great run-pass balance!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »