Home

Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas | A Relegation Dynasty

This is a discussion on Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas | A Relegation Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
EA Sports UFC 3 Patch 1.12 Available - Adds 2 Fighters and 3 Gameplay Tuning Changes
How WWE 2K Is Taking Cues From NBA 2K
NASCAR Heat 3 Trial Available Now For Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Old 12-07-2018, 04:05 AM   #17
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
re: "Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas |A Relegation Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfine
Chambers in for head coach at Central Michigan

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN Senior Writer

March 29, 2013

-------------------------------------------

Mount Pleasant, MI - Dave Heeke, the Athletic Director of Central Michigan, has kept his promise. Earlier today, he announced that the Chippewas football program has a new coaching staff for the 2013 season.

The new coaching staff is going to be led by former Bucknell Wide Receiver Coach, Andrew Chambers. Possibly since mid-February, Heeke and Chambers have been talking after former Chippewa head coach, Dan Enos, left for Alabama to be the QB coach there.

Recently, Chambers rejected an offer by Bucknell, who had offered him the offensive coordinator position after Brian Bossard, the previous offensive coordinator for Bucknell retired for health reasons. Supposedly, Bucknell offered Chambers the promotion in an attempt to keep him with the Bison for a little longer. According to head coach, Joe Susan, they believed that he "was the prime candidate to build up [their] offense."

Reportedly, Chambers signed a three-year contract for $300,000 a year, base salary. Apparently, Heeke is eager to see big results and sign an extension with Chambers fairly quickly. Heeke stated that he "expected big things from [Chambers]" and that he "has full faith in him."

This move is completely different waters than what Chambers is used to. This is the first time he will coach a team in the FBS and the first time he is the head coach of a college football program. Chambers has definitely coached less than impressive teams. During his four-year stint at Missouri State, Chambers and the Bears went 15-26, averaging a record of roughly 4-7 during his stay. During his season at Western Illinois in 2009, the Leathernecks went an atrocious 1-10, beating only Sam Houston State in the season opener. Then, at Bucknell, Chambers went 10-23. Chambers' career record is a measly 26-59.

However, who knows? Maybe Andrew Chambers was really meant to be a head coach all this time and he coached the wrong teams at the wrong times. Maybe Chambers is truly a diamond in the rough and Heeke found a gold mine in his ability.

After the NCAA announced Central Michigan would be in the bottom tier of the new promotion-relegation system, most candidates moved on from the Chippewas and didn't want to take on the tough challenge of promoting Central Michigan, at least a couple tiers.

However, Chambers says he could careless where they are at the moment.

As shown, Chambers has extremely high, long-term expectations for what he can do for the Central Michigan football program. Even though he's aware it won't come to them like that and that it's a process, Andrew Chambers knows he will take Central Michigan places. Andrew Chambers wants to take the Chippewas to Tier 1.

I like Chambers! Canít wait to see what he does with the team! Sounds like a coach that can possibly be a steal! He can not only get this team to the promise land, but also turn his career around. I just hope the team stands behind him and gives him the chances to do it!

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828

Follow my Dynasty: A New Beginning-Chattanooga Mocs Football
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=943138
Old 12-07-2018, 11:32 AM   #18
Rookie

jpfine's Arena

re: "Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas |A Relegation Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I like Chambers! Canít wait to see what he does with the team! Sounds like a coach that can possibly be a steal! He can not only get this team to the promise land, but also turn his career around. I just hope the team stands behind him and gives him the chances to do it!
I sure hope so! Hopefully, the team will get behind him and behave... [insert totally not obvious intentions]. In seriousness though, I truly think that, although it'll be tough, I can take this team up to Tier 1 and build the team into a team where they can compete for the title every year. I edited the House Rules and added the goals and objectives for the dynasty. All of them are pretty tough and might take a lot of build up, but I really want this to go on for a while.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:35 PM   #19
Rookie

jpfine's Arena

Justin Wade announced as the Chippewas offensive coordinator

April 4, 2013
Mount Pleasant, MI - Andrew Chambers, who was hired as the head coach for Central Michigan just under a week ago, has announced Justin Wade as the offensive coordinator for the Chippewas.

Reportedly, the two played high school ball together at Muskegon High School in Muskegon, Michigan and graduated together in 1998. Wade was the offensive coordinator from 2004 to 2007 at McNeese State, where he went 29-14, including an 11-1 season in 2007, where they lost in the first game of the FCS Playoffs. From there, Wade left for Texas State, where he went 29-30 and helped make the switch for the Bobcats from FCS to FBS. His career record is 58-44 and he looks to continue his success at Central Michigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Michigan OC Jason Wade
I cannot wait to start my time with Central Michigan and get promoted up to Tier 1 in the future. Andrew and I have talked to each other about our vision, and we want to make it up to Tier 1. We believe we can and we will.
Chambers has stated that he will have his defensive coordinator and his entire coaching staff and will be ready to go within the next week or two. Seemingly, Chambers may be choosing coaches who he knows has the same vision and end goal at Central Michigan.

Furthermore, Chambers and Dave Heeke have announced that they will announce their schedule within the week. Reportedly, they're just tying up some loose ends and they believe that they will be ready to prepare for the season fully. Of course, having the entire coaching staff for the Chippewas will always help, but at this moment and time, after a month of catastrophe, Central Michigan is coming out stronger than they were before. Truly, you can't count the Chippewas out, especially after a 7-6 season that led to a bowl win.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-11-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #20
Rookie

jpfine's Arena

Chippewas announce 2013 schedule - and Heeke held up his end of the bargain

April 10, 2013
Mount Pleasant, MI - Central Michigan Athletic Director, Dave Heeke, has announced the 2013 schedule that Head Coach Andrew Chambers will have to lead the Chippewas through.

Central Michigan 2013 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 31vs Northern Iowa Panthers (Home Opener/Blackout)
Sep 7vs Eastern Michigan Eagles (Rivalry)
Sep 14at Michigan State Spartans
Sep 21at Northern Illinois Huskies
Oct 5vs Ball State Cardinals
Oct 12vs Georgia State Panthers (Homecoming)
Oct 19at Miami University RedHawks
Oct 26at Kentucky Wildcats
Nov 9at Western Michigan Broncos (Rivalry)
Nov 16vs Vanderbilt Commodores (Maroon Out)
Nov 23vs Massachusetts Minutemen (Senior Night)
Nov 30at Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Chambers will have to lead the Chippewas through a somewhat tough season for his first year in charge. Although the Chippewas host Northern Iowa for a blackout game that should be easy at home, the pace steps up quickly, as they host rival, Eastern Michigan. Afterwards, they travel to East Lansing to face Michigan State, and continue their road trip to DeKalb, Illinois, where they face former conference foe, Northern Illinois.

After a week to rest, Central Michigan is back home to face the Ball State Cardinals and Georgia State in consecutive weeks. Homecoming week for the university is the week leading up to the Georgia State game. Then, the Chippewas face the RedHawks from Oxford, Ohio. Furthering the road trip, Central Michigan heads down to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats. With a week break in between, they travel to Kalamazoo to face the rival Western Michigan Broncos.

Finally, the Chippewas come home to face Vanderbilt and Massachusetts at home, respectively. The game against Vanderbilt has been deemed a Maroon Out and the game against the Minutemen is Senior Day. To end of the season, Chambers and crew head to South Bend to play the Notre Dame Fighting Irish for the final game of the season.

Rittenberg Picks
Although there are definitely some games the Chippewas can win, and others they can lose, the schedule is promising. Games such as Northern Iowa, Georgia State, and UMass are games that the Chippewas should and could win. Although a win against Northern Iowa doesn't count for the point system in Tier 8, it's a good game to fine-tune the team, as Chambers gets set. However, there are definitely games that Central Michigan should lose, including against Notre Dame and Michigan State. The Chippewas are walking into hostile environments when they face these two and, honestly, it could be a huge mess.

Projected Record
4-8

At best, I believe the Chippewas could go 5-7, possibly even 6-6, but those two don't seem so probable. To open up the season, Central Michigan can easily handle Northern Iowa and Eastern Michigan. However, from there, the road becomes a little tough. Wins against Georgia State and UMass could be huge boosts for the team, as they would be able to prevent these two teams from gaining points in the table. However, I think those four games will be their only wins. Quite possibly, the Chippewas could lose two of the four games that I predict they will win.

The Chambers Era has begun and the team looks to be in a position to gain promotion within the next three years. However, the team doesn't look ready to gain promotion this year, especially with a tough schedule ahead.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-07-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:38 PM   #21
Rookie

jpfine's Arena

Update: Alright, tonight I plan to play my first game with the Chips, but I want to get a bunch of articles out as well, so expect the first game to be out, most likely, tomorrow night. I've got a couple more in mind, including DC spot, recruiting, and other more special ones... Just wanted to give you guys a heads up and that I'm extremely excited to get this dynasty started.

[Edit: I was just made aware that I actually have a Christmas party to attend tomorrow night, so I'll try to get it out earlier in the day tomorrow]
[Edit #2: I just wanted to let you guys know that the names of these coordinators are actually the names created by the game.]

Last edited by jpfine; 12-07-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 10:19 PM   #22
Rookie

jpfine's Arena

One Step Closer to a Full Coaching Staff

April 13, 2013
Mount Pleasant, MI - Roughly a week and a half after the announcement of Justin Wade as the offensive coordinator for Central Michigan, the Chippewas have hired Edgar Miller as the defensive coordinator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Michigan AD Dave Heeke
We believe he is the missing piece of the puzzle for us to complete a coaching staff that can lead us to promotions in the future.
Like Wade and Andrew Chambers, Miller went to Muskegon High School, however, he graduated five years earlier than the two, in 1993. Miller started his coaching career at Tennessee Tech in 2000 as defensive coordinator and stayed there until the Southern Illinois Salukis offered him a contract to become the Linebackers coach. At Tennessee Tech, Miller went 22-22 in four seasons.

After being the Linebacker coach at Southern Illinois until 2006, Miller was promoted to defensive coordinator and has led the defense of the Salukis since. During his time at Southern Illinois, he had a record 75-35. His career coaching record, 97-57, is better than Wade's, at 58-44, and far better than Chambers', at 26-59.

Seemingly, Miller is an amazing fit for the defensive coordinator for the Chippewas and the defense could very well be the best unit of the whole Central Michigan squad. Miller's leadership and experience, although in the FCS, could very well be important for the Chips.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-07-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:27 AM   #23
Rookie

jpfine's Arena

2013-14 Roster

This is the roster for the Central Michigan Chippewas that I am super excited to be able to play with.

Central Michigan Chippewas Depth Chart - 2013
Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRJoe BrownJarvis DowdellRoger High
TEJulius PetersonFred FloydOmar Cox
LTMichael WilliamsNick Thomas
LGSteve WhiteJason PeoplesAnthony Gilliam
CAlbert WoodsRon Stewart
RGMarcus SimpsonJeff HerronTodd Olson
RTJake PhillipsChad Perry
WRGarrett WardJermaine HarrisColby Murphy
QBMarcus JacksonXavier DeloachDominique Walton
FBDerek Miller
HBJames MitchellBrandon CoxMarquis HarrisWillie Lee
Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEKevin RobinsonP.J. JohnsonJohn Barnes
LDTJames WilcoxDaniel WillisDoug Thompson
RDTCedric MannChris Simmons
RDERichard LemonJesse ParkerDavid Smith
LOLBAlex FisherSean IngrahamDarrell Mathis
MLBCarlos SullivanGreg GallowayBrian Rodgers
ROLBLandon PhillipsJustin Crum
CBArt WilkersonAntonio ButlerRian Henderson
SSJason MillerMatt LaneTalib Bishop
FSAaron SharpeWill SmithAhmad Johnson
CBJ.D. ReedJermaine Griffith
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KTim Webb
PRoderick Williams
HXavier Deloach
PRJoe BrownBrandon CoxGarrett Ward
KRBrandon CoxGarrett WardJoe Brown
LSAlbert Woods

James Mitchell, the highest rated player on the Chippewas team at an 80 overall, is definitely a player who I'm excited to play with. Obviously, being the best player on the team, I kind of have to utilize him, but all of my other dynasties I built up the pass game and used that most of the time. For this dynasty, I feel I need to step outside of my comfort zone and attack on the ground opposed to the air and, although I didn't plan it this way, it works out in the end, with Mitchell being the best player on the team. Mitchell will definitely be our star player for the 2013 season and, hopefully, we'll be able to put up some big numbers for him.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-08-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:12 AM   #24
Rookie

jpfine's Arena

Peterson, Reed suspended for first-half of game against Northern Iowa

June 4, 2013
Mount Pleasant, MI - We have reports that Sophomore Tight End Julius Peterson and Junior Cornerback J.D. Reed have been given a half-game suspension that will be carried out at the home opener against Northern Iowa.

According to DC Edgar Miller, Peterson and Reed have each missed four mandatory practice since the start of Andrew Chambers' time at Central Michigan and, last night at practice, when the two showed up late, Chambers was not having it.

Reportedly, Chambers said at the beginning of the year that if anyone were to be late to five mandatory practices, they will be punished. And Peterson and Reed have been punished. In addition, Chambers said that if they're late to any additional practices, they will continue to be punished.

Although Chambers has definitely given the team some leeway, he knows when to get control of the team and this definitely will teach both Peterson and Reed, and the entire team, a solid lesson. Chambers is not to be messed with and Peterson and Reed should definitely be cautious next time, so they won't miss any more game time.

Even though this is an internal punishment, this could hurt the team for the game against Northern Iowa. Although an FCS team, a loss against the Panthers could be an awful start to journey to promotion. With Reed out for the first half, the defense could be in some trouble in the secondary and the Chips will have to be cautious so they don't get burnt in the passing game. Furthermore, without Peterson as tight end for the first half of the game, you have to wonder what the game plan will be. Without an important blocker and a solid receiver, how will they approach the first half?

Last edited by jpfine; 12-08-2018 at 05:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »