Home

Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas | A Relegation Dynasty

This is a discussion on Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas | A Relegation Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #65
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas | A Relegation Dyn

Not a big fan of college football, but I am a fan of relegation. Makes things a lot more interesting. I was startled by how many suspensions there were. I didn't know if I was reading a Chippewas dynasty or a Bengals franchise report.

Tough loss to Michigan State. They are a good team and you should be proud of Central Michigan for getting that close. Good luck the rest of the way and I will definitely be following this one out.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 12-13-2018 at 11:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #66
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Not a big fan of college football, but I am a fan of relegation. Makes things a lot more interesting. I was startled by how many suspensions there were. I didn't know if I was reading a Cheppewas dynasty or a Bengals franchise report.

Tough loss to Michigan State. They are a good team and you should be proud of Central Michigan for getting that close. Good luck the rest of the way and I will definitely be following this one out.
Thanks, I really appreciate it! Maybe I can turn you to a college football and NFL (I'm assuming you're a fan of the NFL, correct me if I'm wrong) fan... Yeah, I was thinking a day or two ago that I should maybe tone down the injuries and the suspensions and all that, so there may not be as many updates coming from the Chippewa camp because practice may just be normal. We'll have to see...

It's a shame that we lost to Michigan State, especially in that manner. But I feel like it's to soon to be that close to a high caliber team, like Michigan State. Hopefully, I can figure out penalty/gameplay sliders so it's more of a progression. I think I'm rolling with J-Kits for right now, but I have to do some more investigating.

Hopefully, you enjoy the content that I bring! Thanks for tagging along!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:48 PM   #67
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Coach Chambers' Journey to the Top: The Catastrophic Chippewas | A Relegation Dyn

I知 kind of where you are right now, trying to find gameplay that delivers what I want. Luckily I played ahead of my posting, so I can space out my game updates while I知 playing a separate dynasty to test sliders and ideas. Enjoying your dynasty so far. Tough loss to Sparty, but I, like you, wouldn稚 have wanted to be that close to winning that game either! I値l continue to follow and check in!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-13-2018, 11:05 PM   #68
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
I知 kind of where you are right now, trying to find gameplay that delivers what I want. Luckily I played ahead of my posting, so I can space out my game updates while I知 playing a separate dynasty to test sliders and ideas. Enjoying your dynasty so far. Tough loss to Sparty, but I, like you, wouldn稚 have wanted to be that close to winning that game either! I値l continue to follow and check in!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not to veer this dynasty off but I just have to share something. Make sure you are not developing slideritis. I usually play four games to test certain things in my franchise with the Panthers before adjusting. I just want to make sure the problem(s) or concern(s) that I have are consistent. I know the law of averages state that Michigan State should've blown you out but sometimes good schools play down to their opponents as well. Just keep a look out and don't get too OCD about your settings or you will never get to enjoy your dynasty. Just my $.02.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #69
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
Yeah, honestly, this is my first dynasty, other than the Ohio dynasty I mentioned in the overview, that I am playing on Heisman level. I'm not even kidding. I typically play on Varsity or All-American, or even Freshman. For example, I did an 8-year dynasty with Tulane, after coaching Louisiana-Lafayette and Penn State, where I had less than 15 losses (I'm pretty sure.) I won all my bowl games (all were BCS), I only lost one conference championship, out of 8 that I went to, and I won 3 national championships. Check it out if you want (it sucks - it was my first dynasty where I kept track of stats, scores, etc.), but I played Varsity (I think) for that. Heisman is a whole nother beast, that I haven't really played with before. I'm trying how to figure out how to make it so my dynasty is actually a progression and I get there eventually. I'll get it down eventually and, hopefully, I make the experience for you guys and myself a whole heck of a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Not to veer this dynasty off but I just have to share something. Make sure you are not developing slideritis. I usually play four games to test certain things in my franchise with the Panthers before adjusting. I just want to make sure the problem(s) or concern(s) that I have are consistent. I know the law of averages state that Michigan State should've blown you out but sometimes good schools play down to their opponents as well. Just keep a look out and don't get too OCD about your settings or you will never get to enjoy your dynasty. Just my $.02.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna play the Northern Illinois game and, if I get blown out, because they are ranked 23rd, I may just leave it be. We'll have to see though. It depends on how I play against Northern Illinois. However, I definitely feel that the penalty game is lacking. There's no way that both teams in a game would have no penalties. At all. So I'm trying to make that part of the game realistic
Old 12-14-2018, 05:05 PM   #70
Pro

jpfine's Arena

NCAA announces sponsors and format for playoffs

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN Senior Writer
September 18, 2013
-------------------------------------------
Indianapolis, IN - The NCAA has officially announced that Allstate, Goodyear, Gatorade, Dr Pepper, and Taco Bell are the title sponsors for the five playoffs that will be held at the end of the year. Furthermore, the NCAA has announced the format for these playoffs.

Taco Bell has obtained title sponsorship for the Bottom Tiered Championship and the Bottom Tiered Championship will have Taco Bell as its sponsor for the next 3 years. The Taco Bell Bottom Tiered Championship is a four-team playoff, with the top teams from Tiers 6, 7 and 8 vying for the title. Regardless of which conference the team is in, if a team in any of the three tiers is ranked nationally, then that team will be in the championship. However, if there are not enough teams ranked nationally in the three tiers, the teams with the best overall records will be placed into the tournament. If there is a tie between teams with the best overall record, the team with the better conference record will be ranked higher. If there is still a tie between these teams, the team placed in the higher team will be ranked higher. The bowl games for the semi-finals and the location of the Taco Bell Championship is yet to be determined.

Dr Pepper has agreed to a 6-year sponsorship with the Low Tiered Championship, which is between the best teams in Tier 4 and 5. The champions of each tier are automatically admitted to the Dr Pepper Championship if the champion has a record with 9 or more wins. After the conference champions, the best teams, according to the rankings and their overall records, will be in the playoffs. Like the Taco Bell Championship, the bowl games for the semi-finals and finals are undetermined.

Gatorade will become the sponsor for the Mid Tiered Championship for, at the bare minimum, 8 years, and Gatorade President, Sarah Robb-O’Hagan, has reportedly said that she would like to extend the relationship for the Mid Tiered Championship as soon as possible. The best team from both Tier 2 and 3 will automatically be welcomed into the Gatorade Championship, if they have a conference championship and they are ranked in the top 25. Other than that, the best teams, regarding the rankings and the records, will be in the Gatorade Championship.

The Elite Tiered Championship will be regarded as the Goodyear Championship, with the best teams from Tier 1 in the tournament. The conference champions and the next two best teams, according to their ranking, from both the Pac-12 and the SEC will be in the tournament.

Allstate has become the title sponsor for the National Championship Playoffs in this new promotion/relegation setup postseason. Allstate will continue to be the sponsor for the National Championship until 2019. The National Championship Playoffs, although unsure where the games will be held, will contain four teams that will play in semi-finals and finals to obtain the National Championship.

The winners of each championship are able to make it to the National Championship, however, they will not automatically be in the National Championship. After conference championship week, the College Football Promotion-Relegation Committee will release a set of rankings to help determine the placement of teams in the playoffs. After the Tiered Playoffs and the Promotion-Relegation Playoffs, the CFPR Committee will release another set rankings. The top four teams in these rankings will be in the National Championship Playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA President Mark Emmert
We’re super excited for this to start and we know that these playoffs will be a hit. We know that having playoffs for the National Championship has been huge for certain coaches and I believe that this has been a long time coming. I can't wait to see how these teams fight to grab a place for the playoffs.
Supposedly, Emmert wants to announce the bowl games that each playoff will have soon.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-18-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #71
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Rittenberg Roundup: Week 4 Preview

September 21, 2013
DeKalb, IL - After a loss to Michigan State last week, the Chippewas are looking to bounce back against the 23rd-ranked Northern Illinois Huskies. The Huskies, who have only played one game this year, look to continue their hunt for promotion with a huge win against the Chips.

Rittenberg Roundup: Week 4 Preview | September 21, 2013
@
Central Michigan Chippewas
(2-1, 0-1 Away)
#23 Northern Illinois Huskies
(1-0, 0-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
37.7Points Per Game35.0
435.7Total Offensive Yards407.0
136.0Rushing Yards208.0
299.7Passing Yards199.0
Defensive Stats Comparison
21.0Points Allowed16.0
322.0Total Yards Allowed335.0
141.0Rushing Yards Allowed118.0
181.0Passing Yards Allowed217.0
Injury Report
Landon Phillips
ACL (Out for Season)

Matt Lane
Suspension (9 games)

Brandon Cox
Suspension (9 games)

Antonio Butler
Elbow Fracture (5 weeks)

Cedric Mann, who sprained his ankle last week during practice, is cleared for the game against the Huskies and he will be in the starting lineup. However, Mann won't be enough for the Chippewas, at least in my eyes.

The Huskies have handled their one opponent this year, and they should be able to handle a Tier 8 team, like Central Michigan.

Projected Score
Northern Illinois, 38-7

The Huskies will just be too powerful for the Chips, who are coming off a tough 37-30 loss to Michigan State. Even with the Huskies only playing a single game, they're good enough to rout and handle the Chippewas.

According to Coach Chambers, he's going to look to establish the run game, as he feels one of the reasons why they weren't able to defeat the Spartans was because they couldn't get the run game going, with James Mitchell as its leader.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-18-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 11:53 PM   #72
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Rittenberg Roundup: Central Michigan fumbles their chance to upset Northern Illinois

September 21, 2013
DeKalb, IL - The Chippewas were able to hang with the Huskies in the game this afternoon. In fact, the game ended up going to overtime, for a second instant classic in two weeks for Chambers and the Chips. However, the Huskies prevailed, defeating the Chips, 34-31.

The Chippewas got the ball to start the game and immediately went for the run game, with James Mitchell leading the way. However, Mitchell only gained a yard or two on the first play. Chambers gave Mitchell another chance, but he only gained another two yards, so Chambers went to the air. After Marcus Jackson threw the ball to Julius Peterson, the Northern Illinois defense, led by Cliff Whitfield, stopped the Chips on a three-and-out.

Josh Richard led the Huskies on offense and marched down into the red zone for a drive that would end in a score. However, quarterback Ken Green threw a lobbing pass to Luke Jordan, which got picked off by Aaron Sharpe of the Chippewas. Sharpe was able to prevent the Huskies from taking an early score.

However, Mitchell wasn't able to get the run game going, even though he obtained the 1st first down for Central Michigan. After the first down, the Chippewas were shut down yet again, as the Huskies forced the second punt of the game for Roderick Williams. With the stop, the Huskies were able to score the first set of points of the game. At the end of the first quarter, Northern Illinois led Central Michigan, 7-0.

However, the Chippewas, spearheaded by fullback Derek Miller, scored 17 points and only allowed a single touchdown in the second quarter. Miller had both touchdowns runs and Tim Webb scored a 29-yard chip shot. Bobby Lawrence, for Northern Illinois, scored a 36-yard catch for the Huskies. The Chippewas led the Huskies, 17-14, at the half, as the Huskies was put on upset alert.

In the third quarter, Northern Illinois kicker, Justin Schroeder, kicked a 40-yard field goal after just 52 seconds in the second half. After Central Michigan scored another touchdown by Jarvis Dowdell. Soon after, Northern Illinois scored a touchdown to tie the ball game at 24 apiece.

In the fourth quarter, there were no scoring plays. However, Marquis Harris, with 20 seconds left to go in the game, fumbled the ball as he was crossing the plain. The Huskies recovered the ball in the end zone and they started on the 20-yard line with 15 seconds. Luckily, the Chippewas were able to hold on to take the game into overtime.

The Chippewas won the coin toss and deferred to give the ball to the Huskies. The Huskies were able to score, as Green ran the ball into the endzone to take a 31-24 score. However, freshman linebacker Justin Crum showed promise under pressure, as he was able to make two huge stops, before his secondary allowed a huge pass, that led to the run by Green.

Right away, it seemed that the Chippewas were taking slow-and-steady approach to overtime, as they handed the ball to Mitchell the first five plays of overtime. In the first set of downs, the Chippewas had to have Mitchell power his way on fourth down to gain enough yardage for the first. After going through another set of downs, the Chips were desperate, and Jackson found Joe Brown in the back of end zone to tie the game up.

On the next drive, Central Michigan didn't show as much difficulty, as they marched down to the 2-yard line. On 3rd and goal, Jackson handed off the ball to Miller, the hero in the second quarter for the Chips. However, Miller fumbled the ball into the end zone, making it the second time of the day that the Chippewas fumbled the ball, let alone in the end zone.

Even with this, the Chippewa defense came up big, as Jason Miller picked off a pass by Green. This sent the game into the third overtime, where the Huskies scored a field goal, to make the game, 34-31, heading into the second half of the third overtime. On the first play, Jackson threw the ball to Harris, who was running a slip screen. As Harris was turning upfield, he got lit up by the Northern Illinois defender, which caused a fumble. The Huskies recovered the ball and ended the game with a final score of 34-31, in favor of Northern Illinois.

Fumbling the ball was the bane of the Chippewas. If not for the fumbles, Central Michigan could've sealed the game and defeated the Huskies. If the Chippewas ended up with the win against former conference foe, Northern Illinois, Central Michigan would've taken a huge lead in the Tier 8 table, gaining four points for defeating a top-25 team.
Central Michigan Chippewas at Northern Illinois Huskies
Sep 21, 20131ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Central Michigan Chippewas (2-2)01770731
#23 Northern Illinois Huskies (2-0)771001034
Team Stats Comparison
CMUNIU
Total Offense429367
Rushing Yards162161
Passing Yards267206
First Downs2414
Punt Return Yards2225
Kick Return Yards102162
Total Yards553554
Turnovers42
3rd Down Conversion11-202-8
4th Down Conversion4-40-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals8-4-15-2-1
Penalties0-01-15
Possession Time20:557:05
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGCMUNIU
3:49(NIU) TD: J. Richard, 23 Yd run (J. Schroeder kick)07
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGCMUNIU
6:18(CMU) TD: D. Miller, 4 Yd run (T. Webb kick)77
1:11(CMU) FG: T. Webb, 28 Yd FG107
0:46(NIU) TD: B. Lawrence, 36 Yd pass from K. Green (J. Schroeder kick)1014
0:18(CMU) TD: D. Miller, 2 Yd run (T. Webb kick)1714
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGCMUNIU
6:08(NIU) FG: J. Schroeder, 40 Yd FG1717
2:36(CMU) TD: J. Dowdell, 12 Yd pass from M. Jackson (T. Webb kick)2417
0:35(NIU) TD: W. Rivera, 6 Yd run (J. Schroeder kick)2424
OVERTIME SCORINGCMUNIU
--(NIU) TD: K. Green, 6 Yd run (J. Schroeder kick)2431
--(CMU) TD: J. Brown, 13 Yd pass from M. Jackson (T. Webb kick)3131
--(NIU) FG: J. Schroeder, 35 Yd FG3134
Central Michigan Chippewas
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Marcus Jackson22/2926721
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
James Mitchell34922.70
Marquis Harris12272.20
Marcus Jackson6264.30
Derek Miller372.32
Chad Perry122.00
Omar Cox122.00
Willie Lee166.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Joe Brown610116.81
James Mitchell4205.00
Julius Peterson33010.00
Garrett Ward35518.30
Marquis Harris3144.60
Jermaine Harris23517.50
Jarvis Dowdell11212.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Carlos Sullivan60.000
Jermaine Griffith50.000
J.D. Reed40.000
Jason Miller40.010
Justin Crum31.000
Sean Ingraham20.000
Richard Lemon20.000
Rian Henderson20.000
Art Wilkerson20.000
Kevin Robinson21.000
Cedric Mann21.000
James Wilcox21.000
Aaron Sharpe00.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Tim Webb1/14/4729
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Roderick Williams29045.00
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Joe Brown410225.50
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Joe Brown22211.00
Northern Illinois Huskies
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Ken Green15/2320612
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Ken Green13433.31
Josh Richard1111210.11
William Rivera166.01
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Josh Richard331.00
Tyler Thomas36321.00
Luke Jordan36120.30
Ron Lane2147.00
Bobby Lawrence25326.51
Ryan Vinson133.00
Ian Hicks199.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Ian Hicks20
Bobby Lawrence20
Jayson Watson22
Michael Bailey11
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Cliff Whitfield100.000
Terrence Triplett100.000
Tim Patterson80.000
Roger James70.000
Julian Leach70.000
Maurice Fagan70.000
Kellen Miller60.000
Ryan Thompson40.000
Mike Newby30.000
Stephen McCoy30.000
Walter Cross30.000
Joe Hamilton30.000
Dontae Smith20.000
Travis Hines20.000
Evan Hall10.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Justin Schroeder2/24/41140
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Louis Torres314448.00
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Ian Hicks413634.00
Frank Ortiz12626.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Frank Ortiz22512.50

Central Michigan 2013 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 31vs Northern Iowa Panthers (Home Opener/Blackout)Won, 38-19
Sep 7vs Eastern Michigan Eagles (Rivalry)Won, 45-7
Sep 14at Michigan State SpartansLost, 37-30
Sep 21at Northern Illinois HuskiesLost, 34-31
Oct 5vs Ball State Cardinals
Oct 12vs Georgia State Panthers (Homecoming)
Oct 19at Miami University RedHawks
Oct 26at Kentucky Wildcats
Nov 9at Western Michigan Broncos (Rivalry)
Nov 16vs Vanderbilt Commodores (Maroon Out)
Nov 23vs Massachusetts Minutemen (Senior Night)
Nov 30at Notre Dame Fighting Irish

After the loss to the Huskies, the Chippewas have a week off to prepare for the game against Ball State on October 5th.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-20-2018 at 07:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »