Home

#ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV

This is a discussion on #ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #9
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
#ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Glad to have you back Beast! Always a pleasure to read about the true longest running dynasty on these boards.

Can't believe Jeremy Johnson is your coach now LOL.. I know he's a legend at Cathedral but just knowing what happened to him in real life (benched, CFL)... weird to wrap my head around.

Excited to see Quincy Williams. The description of his play style makes me think of a Lamar Jackson type guy.

appreciate it guru! Gotta say, it feels different and i had already completely forgot I posted this thread last night lol

Johnson ... man he was definitely legend. Up until him , i was the type of guy to have quarterbacks finish years with 20 TD’s & 20 INT’s... johnson came along and posted 58 TD’s & 8 INT’s LOL (still remember the stat line— or maybe it was 11)... he was a cheat code , so when the game hired somebody with their alma mater set as cathedral , I only felt it was right to crown him the honor.

I would , however , have preferred to make it a player I recruited (specifically jake Rasmussen but the timeline didn't fit) but oh well lol.

With Williams. I’d believe all the hype. He’s the fastest guy I’ve ever had under center. I’m not the type to spam read option or anything, but like I said in that article, I definitely think he’ll be a heisman candidate at some point... OR he'll be a bust, and get thrown at DB or something. who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize08
Excited to follow this, glad you're sticking with it. This is awesome.

Appreciate it maize! I don’t know what It is , but I just cannot quit this team. I’ve tried other dynasties on the side, but they never last past that said day lol.

Hope I can make it an enjoyable dynasty read

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Glad to see you back bro!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
thanks for checking in bro , can’t wait to get this off the ground again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfine
Love to see that your dynasty has brought a rivalry in Texas for you and the Spartans!! Can't wait to see this rolling again, in 2041 (!!!) no less.
yeah Texas is the rival I’ve always wanted.

I’ve started up rivalries with temple, old dominion, Georgia tech & pretty soon I think I’ll officialize Virginia tech as another (also maybe duke, who we humiliate annually, they definitely circle cathedral on the schedule) ... BUT no team challenges us like Texas. They consistently put together the most stacked teams in this dynasty , every single year. I wish I had been posting while they had my former qb jaireh augustine under center .. he really heated the rivalry up, along with making the longhorns’ squad seemingly unbeatable

Thanks for the comment & stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by beast10; 12-30-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #10
All Star

beast10's Arena

2041 SEASON PREVIEW: QUARTERBACKS

Cathedral Quarterbacks Depth
#OFFENSEPOSHTWTCLASSHOMETOWN
6Quincy Williams (78 OVR)QB6'0"188Fr.Delaware, OH
16Ernest Herman V (76 OVR)QB6'4"200R-So.Ocoee, FL
12Tarik Ransom (74 OVR)QB6'1"227Fr.Grapevine, TX
13Nick Curran (66 OVR)QB6'6"207Fr.Pasadena, CA
Notable departures: Kanoa Nawahine, Hayden Stuart

You should already know: Ernest Herman V

Get to know: Quincy Williams, Tarik Ransom, Nick Curran

Analysis: Kanoa Nawahine led Cathedral to back-to-back titles before going out on top, leaving behind just one, inexperienced quarterback on the Spartan's roster.

Ernest Herman V, a redshirt-sophomore, has zero game experience, along with the three true freshmen that fill out the options at quarterback. Quincy Williams, who was a five-star grab this past February , is the most intriguing name out of camp, offering blazing speed that could take Cathedral's newly installed spread offense over the top.

Tarik Ransom and Nick Curran, a walk-on, both bring to the table options as pocket passers.

Key question: With no game experience returning, the question remains which player can grasp the UC offense and lead this team against ACC competition.

Bottom line: Cathedral has historically favored the younger guy in these situations. Williams and Herman lead this quarterback race, and when compared side to side, Williams’ speed could and will likely put him out on top.

Next up: Running backs

Last edited by beast10; 12-31-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:41 AM   #11
All Star

beast10's Arena

2041 SEASON PREVIEW: RUNNING BACKS

Cathedral Running Backs Depth
4Jamari Okafor Jr. (84)RB5'11"208So.Powder Springs, GA
18Von Jeffries (81)RB5'11"205Jr.Gaffney, SC
2Aaron Parrish (76)RB5'11"238Fr.Bolingbrook, IL
13Justyce Davis (71)RB6'2"231So.Sterling, VA
Notable departures: Taj Pryor, Audell Vinson

You should already know: Jamari Okafor Jr., Von Jeffries, Justyce Davis

Get to know: Aaron Parish

Analysis: Last season Cathedral averaged 262 yards on the ground behind Taj Pryor, Audell Vinson, and QB Kanoa Nawahine, a now-departed trio that combined for over 2,000 yards rushing in 2040.

Replacing that production, ironically, might just be a piece of cake ... Cathedral did a great job with distributing carries a season ago, and return both Jamari Okafor Jr., (549 yards as a true freshman) and Von Jeffries, a JUCO transfer who tallied 490 yards while averaging nearly seven yards a carry during his first year at UC.

Reserve back Justyce Davis averaged around six yards on 20 caries as a freshman.

The lone newcomer, Aaron Parrish, is a heralded power back capable of contributing this season should Cathedral continue to dig deep into its stable of running backs.

Key question: Who emerges as the lead back between Jamari Okafor and Von Jeffries?

Bottom line: Under new offensive coordinator Vincent Sanders, Cathedral is transitioning from its multiple styled offense to an all-out spread, putting an end to the under center and pistol style of running the backs grew familiar with a season ago.

Next up: Wide receivers

Last edited by beast10; 01-01-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: #ALLIN | Cathedral Football : Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
2041 SEASON PREVIEW: RUNNING BACKS

Cathedral Running Backs Depth
4Jamari Okafor Jr. (84 OVR)RB5'11"208So.Powder Springs, GA
18Von Jeffries (81 OVR)RB5'11"205Jr.Gaffney, SC
2Aaron Parrish (76 OVR)RB5'11"238Fr.Bolingbrook, IL
13Justyce Davis (71 OVR)RB6'2"231So.Sterling, VA
Notable departures: Taj Pryor, Audell Vinson

You should already know: Jamari Okafor Jr., Von Jeffries, Justyce Davis

Get to know: Aaron Parish

Analysis: Last season Cathedral averaged 262 yards on the ground behind Taj Pryor, Audell Vinson, and QB Kanoa Nawahine, a now-departed trio that combined for over 2,000 yards rushing in 2040.

Replacing that production, ironically, might just be a piece of cake ... Cathedral did a great job in distributing carries a season ago, and return both Jamari Okafor Jr., (549 yards as a true freshman) and Von Jeffries, a JUCO transfer who tallied 490 yards while averaging nearly seven yards a carry during his first year at UC.

Reserve back Justyce Davis averaged around six yards on 20 caries as a freshman.

The lone newcomer, Aaron Parrish, is a heralded power back capable of contributing this season should Cathedral continue to dig deep into its stable of running backs.

Key question: Who emerges as the lead back between Jamari Okafor and Von Jeffries?

Bottom line: Under new offensive coordinator Vincent Sanders, Cathedral is transitioning from its multiple styled offense to an all-out spread, putting an end to the under center and pistol style the backs grew familiar with a season ago.

Next up: Wide receivers
Looks awesome man! Can you give me a quick 411 on how you use that depth chart code you are using? Would love to use it for mine.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:58 PM   #13
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHossRadbourn
Looks awesome man! Can you give me a quick 411 on how you use that depth chart code you are using? Would love to use it for mine.

Appreciate it!

i got the depth chart aligned as it is through the html “float” coding, added on top of OS generator’s tables. I’m not too great at explaining the whole process , but how I learned most about html was by quoting other guy’s posts and seeing what they did.

From there it’s pretty simple once u learn basic coding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2019, 08:05 PM   #14
All Star

beast10's Arena

2041 SEASON PREVIEW: WIDE RECEIVERS

Cathedral Wide Receivers & Tight Ends Depth
5Willie Grimes (91)WR6'4"224Sr.Fairfield, AL
11Jovon Pendleton III (86)WR5'11"178Sr.Clemson, SC
23Tamonte Webb (80)WR6'0"182R-Sr.Garden City, GA
1Corey Beasley (78)WR6'4"191So.Blacksburg, VA
19Ka'Jai Anderson (78)WR6'3"192R-Fr.Waverly, TN
14Derreck Bynum (78)WR5'11"187Fr.Fair Oaks, GA
26Kahil McClure (75)WR6'2"185Fr.Hawthorne, NJ
13Eddie Harper III (74)WR6'1"180Fr.Fort Lee, NJ
87Domo Carlson-Terry (70)WR6'4"208R-Fr.Harbour Pointe, WA
82Kwanzaa Tillman (87)TE6'3"241Jr.Corona, CA
27Terrance Stewart (84)TE6'6"286R-Jr.Moab, UT
84Dominique Rice-Wood (79)TE6'3"218R-Fr.North Bergen, NJ

Notable departures: Devajee Calhoun, Mason LeBlanc, Amarion Salas Jr., Coby Bates

You should already know: Willie Grimes

Get to know: Jovon Pendleton III, Ka'Jai Anderson, Kahil McClure, Derreck Bynum

Analysis: Returning for his senior year, Willie Grimes will need to carry the load for this young, inexperienced position group. No longer is there a Devajee Calhoun, or Mason LeBlanc, who with Grimes, made for one of the country's most elite receiving cores.

The replacements?

Corey Beasley, an intriguing 6-foot-4, sub-4.40 guy, along with Ka'Jai Anderson who offers a similar size and skillset. In the slot, now a senior, Jovon Pendleton is joining the receiving core after spending much of his career bouncing around in the defensive backfield.

Freshmen Derreck Bynum and Kahil McClure are newcomers fighting to see field time this season, rather than next.

At tight end, Kwanzaa Tillman returns after hauling in 29 receptions for 445 yards as a sophomore. Terrance Stewart and Dominique Rice-Wood fill out the depth chart at the position.

Key question: Who emerges as the No. 2 behind Willie Grimes?

Bottom line: New QB, new receivers, new offense … However that translates will be put on display when the Spartans take on #11 Ohio State in week one.

Next up: Offensive line

Last edited by beast10; 01-01-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:23 PM   #15
All Star

beast10's Arena

2041 SEASON PREVIEW: OFFENSIVE LINE

Cathedral O-Line Depth
79Tyrice Norwood (78)LT6'5"310Fr.Cedartown, GA
70Benjamin Dawson (76)LT6'8"309So.Corona, CA
78Aaron Harper (73)LT6'4"300So.Ada, OK
61Jazzra Hawkins (85)LG6'2"296R-Sr.Sarasota, FL
66Raden Heard (79)LG6'3"311Jr.Pleasant, AL
75Maurice Summers (88)C6'4"324R-So.Red Springs, NC
77Zac Stanton (77)C6'6"289R-Fr.Houston, TX
62Branden Weber (75)C6'2"281Fr.Mint Hill, NC
60T.J. Stephens (67)C6'1"274Fr.Sherrelwood, CO
65Eric Carroll Jr. (90)RG6'5"345R-Sr.Ridgewood, NJ
76Aydan Jackson (72)RG6'3"295R-So.North Atlanta, GA
74Micah Lewis (81)RT6'5"314Jr.Rockledge, FL
71Liddell White (75)RT6'6"292Jr.Bentonville, AR
72Kevin Wright (70)RT6'7"280So.Pearl River, NY
Notable departures: C.J. Smith-Delaney,

You should already know: Eric Carroll Jr., Micah Lewis, Jazzra Hawkins, Benjamin Dawson

Get to know: Tyrice Norwood, Maurice Summers Jr.

Analysis: While the offensive line lost an All-American in center C.J. Smith-Delaney, all other starters return to what should be the gel of Cathedral's young offense.

Eric Carroll, whose junior campaign caught attention of NFL scouts, will be looked upon to anchor an offensive line proven to excel in both the run and pass settings. To his side, center sophomore Maurice Summers projects as one of the Spartans' many breakout players.

Meanwhile, at right tackle, Benjamin Dawson faces heavy pressure to retain his starting position following the arrival of highly touted recruit Tyrice Norwood.

Key question: The outcome of the position battle at right tackle.

Bottom line: The line is the only experienced offensive position group, and therefor will be critical toward the Spartans' success.

Next up: Defensive line

Last edited by beast10; 01-01-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 11:24 PM   #16
All Star

beast10's Arena

happy new years by the way, wishing everybody a great year!

gonna try and push out the last round of these preview articles, then hopefully get to the opening week preview

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »