Home

Raise the Flags and Fire the Cannons - Tampa Bay Buccaneers CFM - Madden 19

This is a discussion on Raise the Flags and Fire the Cannons - Tampa Bay Buccaneers CFM - Madden 19 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Raise the Flags and Fire the Cannons - Tampa Bay Buccaneers CFM - Madden 19

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been sold.

This was the news that scrolled across everyone’s TVs, Twitter feeds and was leading all sports news outlets. It’s not often a professional sports team gets sold and it’s certainly doesn’t happen quickly, anonymously and without months of build up, like this sale. No one knew who the buyer was, no one knew what their plans were, and no one could figure out what impact this would have on the Bucs and the upcoming 2018 season.

The only news that was shared was that there would be a press conference today to introduce the new owner where he would make a brief statement but would be taking no questions.

Many fans are perplexed by the news that the team has been sold. While the Glazer family hadn’t overseen a winning franchise in some time, they had brought Tampa Bay a Super Bowl in the 2002-2003 season. Some fans were expressing dismay that the Glazers would be gone while others were happy to see them go. Many felt their attention had been divided between the Bucs and the Premier League ownership of Manchester United.

This was a big change in what many around the league thought was a pivotal season for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They had been underachieving on the field with only two winning seasons in the last 10 years and no playoff trips. It was also an important year for the team from a location and marketing standpoint. The team continually didn’t draw full crowds at the stadium and the national exposure was low with the Bucs largely being a forgotten team. Would a change in ownership fix this or would it even matter to a largely discontent and fair-weather fan base?

This could either be a good change, a bad move, or an insignificant change, but the news had been announced, the Bucs were sold and in new hands.

But questions remained. Who was the mystery buyer? Would they move the team to a new city? Did they even care about football? The world would have to wait until the press conference to find out any answers. For now, all they knew is that someone had ponied up a large chunk of change to take over one of the 32 NFL franchises.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Re: Raise the Flags and Fire the Cannons - Tampa Bay Buccaneers CFM - Madden 19

The podium was set up. The media had assembled. It was time to meet the new owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and hear what they had in store for the city of Tampa. The door opened and in strode the Bucs Director of Communications. He walked up to the podium and shared the news that everyone was waiting to hear; who the mystery buyer of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was and what that meant for the team.

“Good Afternoon everyone. Welcome to One Buc Place. I know that everyone is anxious to get an update so we’ll jump right in. Everyone has heard that effective yesterday, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been sold. We thank the Glazer family for their patronage to the team and to the city and we wish them well in their future endeavors.

For months now, the Glazers have been working quietly with a Tampa Bay native on this transaction. Both parties and the Bucs wanted to do this quietly so there was no disruption or rumors about what may happen with the team. The paperwork has been signed, the money, and quite a lot of it, has been transferred, and it’s official. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a new owner.

He is a native Floridian and has lived in Tampa Bay for the majority of his life. He grew up a Bucs fan and was around for the early days of the creamsicle uniforms and was around for the defensive dynasty of the late 90’s and early 00’s. He’s a lifelong fan of the Bucs, not a former player, not some financial mogul looking to make an investment, he’s a fan who wants to get the Bucs back to the top. There will be plenty of time to get into more of his background later, but without making you wait much longer, allow me to introduce for the first time, the new owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Brent Western.”

As the new owner walked up to the podium and shook the Directors hand, the media waited to see what this new owner would bring. Would he be moving the team? Would he be firing all the coaches? Bringing in new players? No one knew what Western might do and were waiting to hear it all straight from him.

“It’s time to bring the defense back to Tampa Bay.” Those were the first words spoken by the new owner as he addressed the media for the first time. “This is a lifelong dream of mine, to be part of a successful NFL team, and it’s even better that it’s my hometown Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Now I know there are a lot of questions about my plans for the team so let me address those first. I have zero plans to move the Bucs. I am a Tampa native and know how important the team is to the city. As long as I am the owner, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will always reside here.

Second. I know that with new ownership usually comes change in coaches, personnel, staff and players. I can assure you that everyone’s job is safe and secure through Week 1 of the regular season. There will be no firings, no changes, no demotions this early on in my tenure. I want time to get to know the team from the inside, to see everyone in action behind closed doors and to evaluate. That being said, once the season starts, we will be doing what is best for the team. There are no plans to change anything, but if performance is lacking, if personnel doesn’t fulfill their responsibilities, changes will be made.

And finally, I have asked that all decisions, big and small, whether it’s contracts, free agents, marketing or any other item run through me. I will empower my people to give me guidance and make suggestions, but the buck stops here.

So now, let me give a quick background on myself. You all have heard about me being a fan and I can assure you that I am a loyal Tampa Bay Bucs fan. I remember the good days and the creamsicle days. And nothing would please me more than to bring Tampa Bay another Lombardi Trophy. I am not a former player and I have no special skills that make me a better owner or fan than anyone else. That being said, I expect progress, discipline and effort on every task at hand, on and off the field. I’m a defensive guy and would rather lose 6-3 than 38-35. I fully expect to bring the defense back to Tampa Bay.

I look forward to stepping into Raymond James Stadium as the owner. Thank you for your time and let’s get ready to fire those cannons!”

With that, Western left the stage and disappeared through a side door.

He gave no specifics on marketing, pricing, or any other item, but the media guide that was passed out noted that he would do what was best for the team, no indication if that meant he would be lowering or raising the prices or how he would handle any of that transactional items. While he said he would maintain current GM Jason Licht and Head Coach Dirk Koetter, Western noted that all decisions on the organization had to run through him, effectively making him the coach, GM, janitor, and biggest fan.

The NFL had a surprising new entry into the ownership club and the Tampa Bay Bucs fans could only wonder what this change would bring them.

And with that, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are getting geared up for preseason action with their first game against the Miami Dolphins about a week away. Western is going to use the next few days to sit down with everyone in the organization, and set up game plans, pricing structures, roster maintenance and more, before heading to their first practice.

The time had come to usher in a new era in the NFL and for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Quote:
Quote:
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

Last edited by callmetaternuts; 01-27-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:10 PM   #3
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

CFM Settings

Level: All-Madden/Simulation/Slow
Sliders: Default except FG Power and Kickoff Length are at 55. (I’m tired of coming up short on 52 yard field goals with no wind.)
Penalty Sliders: Offsides, False Start, Holding, Defensive Holding all at 99. Defensive Pass Interference is at 55. All others are at default and turned on.
Rosters: Madden Official Super Bowl rosters
Injuries: 20
Fatigue: 55
Speed Parity: 75
Other settings: All other settings are at default (no assists like Ball Hawk etc.)
Misc: I turn injuries off in the first preseason only and turn off pre-existing injuries as well. When Week 1 of the regular season starts, I turn injuries back on.
House Rules: None. I do my best to play realistic sim NFL football. I’m not good enough to have any money plays. I don’t switch on defense and usually play as the defender who is manned up on the HB/FB. If it’s zone, I control a non-blitzing linebacker. I utilize the entire playbook and rarely hot route or audible at the line, unless it’s doubling a receiver who is killing me.

Background: I want to start the CFM season as close to real life as I can. Once Week 1 of the regular season starts, it’s my own world and I won’t be following any real life NFL results or stories. I am a lifelong Bucs fan and love defensive games, like the Bucs in our good old days. I’m an avid Madden player but not a great one. I’m actually not very good on offense, so bear with me. I want to have seasons play out realistically, so losing 8-10 games a year is fine, for now.

I play all games, no simming of any plays or events. I will play the preseason to get a full for the fringes of the roster. There won’t be any trade shenanigans (trading a player I’m going to cut for a 6th rounder when I know the CPU will cut them too). I want the most updated rosters I can in terms of ratings based on performance and I turn off pre-existing injuries so all the IR guys will be back and all teams will be at full strength. The only downside is, it leads to some players being cut in preseason (Nick Mullens for the 49ers for example).

Some other odds and ends:

- All XP sliders are at default.
- I have penalty sliders turned way up so I actually see a fair amount of penalties and longer drives etc.
- I won't sign any free agents or make any trades unless there are injuries or necessity. I want to keep the 2018 Bucs roster as close to default as I can.
- Pricing is set by what will maximize revenue. After all, if I can't make money, my roster will suffer.
- I do training every week and when its time to upgrade players, I try to upgrade what will make them a better fit for their skills and then my system. A guy like Mike Evans is going to see upgrades to catching and route running, his speed and other items like that won't improve in reality anymore so I'm not going to chase it.

Notes: The roster and current starters will stay intact at least through Game 1 of the regular season. I will get my CFM to Week 1 of the regular season as close to the real NFL Week 1 as possible. After that, all bets are off, though it will be sim on my part. I’ll be playing in Owner Mode so I control all facets of the team. Again, my goal is to play it realistically and to re-establish the Bucs as a threat in the NFL. I rarely make it through a full season because I get bored, so I’m hoping running a CFM on OS will keep me engaged.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #4
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Preseason Schedule

The goal of the preseason is just to survive and come through with no injuries (shouldn’t be an issue with injuries turned off in Year 1 preseason). While new ownership will certainly be watching, there is no way that Western, or any other owner would make wholesale changes based on meaningless exhibition games.

Western has indicated he doesn’t care about turnovers or scores in the preseason, but wants to see different formations, players, and strategies used so as the Bucs enter the regular season, we have an idea of what our personnel and coaches can do.

Below, see the four games that set the table for the regular season. The Bucs start out with two games on the road before heading home to Tampa for the final two preseason games.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2019 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 9at Miami Dolphins
Aug 18at Tennessee Titans
Aug 24vs Detroit Lions
Aug 30vs Jacksonville Jaguars

2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Regular Season Schedule

Here it is. The gauntlet that the 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have to run in order to challenge for the Lombardi Trophy. The bye week comes earlier than the Bucs would like and it’s a tough start for the Bucs. Realistically 7-9 would be over achieving and our expectations are a 6-10 season. No word on Western’s expectations, but we expect to have more details as we get closer to the season.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2019 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Sep 9at New Orleans Saints
Sep 16vs Philadelphia Eagles
Sep 24vs Pittsburgh Steelers
Sep 30at Chicago Bears
Oct 7vs Bye
Oct 14at Atlanta Falcons
Oct 21vs Cleveland Browns
Oct 28at Cincinnati Bengals
Nov 4at Carolina Panthers
Nov 11vs Washington Redskins
Nov 18at New York Giants
Nov 25vs San Francis 49ers
Dec 2vs Carolina Panthers
Dec 9vs New Orleans Saints
Dec 16at Baltimore Ravens
Dec 23at Dallas Cowboys
Dec 30vs Atlanta Falcons

Everyone in the NFL now knows what it will take for them to get to the playoffs. The schedules have been laid out, bye weeks have been set, primetime games are scheduled, and each fanbase knows when they can catch their teams at home.

We will offer a more complete prediction and our team profile as we get closer to the regular season.

We did try to track Western down to get a comment from him on the schedule, but he appears to be laying low in his first week as he gets settled in to the team. He has not offered any comments, quotes, or press conferences since his introduction, but our sources say he has been a heavy observer of practice and meetings, and has spent the first few days getting his bearings so he can jump into the grind.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Preseason Depth Chart

Here is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers early preseason depth chart. There don’t appear to be any significant changes that will occur over the course of the preseason games and those on the fringes know they have to perform to stay on the 53 man roster.

While Western has yet to publicly comment, our sources tell us that this depth chart will be close to what you will see when the regular season starts. There will of course be players who get cut, but our understanding is that there is no one in the two deep lineup that will be cut.

Some veterans know that this means their time with the Bucs is limited and will try to get good plays on film. The younger players are hoping that they can either move up the depth chart or that they do enough to latch on to the practice squad with the Bucs or with other teams.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Depth Chart - 2019
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRMike Evans (90)Chris Godwin (81)Justin Watson (69)
TEO.J. Howard (85)Cameron Brate (80)Antony Auclair (66)Tanner Hudson (65) Donnie Ensberger (63) Alan Cross (60) Garrison Sanborn (42)
LTDonovan Smith (72)Leonard Wester (64)
LGAli Marpet (88)Mike Liedtke (66)
CRyan Jensen (78)Evan Smith (70)
RGCaleb Benenoch (68)Alex Cappa (68)
RTDemar Dotson (85)
WRDeSean Jackson (85)Adam Humphries (79)Bobo Wilson (64)
QBJameis Winston (80)Ryan Fitzpatrick (77)Ryan Griffin (61)
HBPeyton Barber (78)Jacquizz Rodgers (74)Ronald Jones III (72)Shaun Wilson (67)
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEVinny Curry (81)Carl Nassib (79)
LDTGerald McCoy (90)Mitch Unrein (79)William Gholston (74)Rakeem Nunez-Roches (71)
RDTVita Vea (81)Beau Allen (75)Stevie Tu'ikolovatu (72)
RDEJason Pierre-Paul (84)Noah Spence (78)Jeremiah Ledbetter (71)
WLBLavonte David (95)Cameron Lynch (65)
MLBKwon Alexander (80)Adarius Taylor (69) Kevin Minter (69)Jack Cichy (66)Riley Bullough (64) Emmanuel Smith (59)
SLBKendell Beckwith (75)Devante Bond (67)
CBBrent Grimes (82)Carlton Davis III (73)Javien Elliot (71)De'Vante Harris (69)
SSChris Conte (72)Jordan Whitehead (69)Isaiah Johnson (68)
FSJustin Evans (77)Andrew Adams (71)Josh Shaw (69)
CBVernon Hargreaves III (77) M.J Stewart (71) Ryan Smith (72)David Rivers (64)
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KCairo Santos (75)
PBryan Anger (79)
PRDeSean Jackson (85)Adam Humphries (79) Jacquizz Rodgers (74)
KRAdam Humphries (79) Jacquizz Rodgers (74)

Quote:
Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2019, 10:15 PM   #6
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Tampa Bay Buccaneers History

For those who don’t know about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, here’s a brief history and look into one of the saddest franchises in pro sports.

The Bucs were founded in 1976 and went 0-14 being the first team to go winless in a season. The next year, the Bucs went 0-12 before winning a game, meaning they had a 26 game losing streak, the longest in NFL history.

The Bucs did go deep in the playoffs in 1979, thanks to Hall of Famer Lee Roy Selmon, but other than that, the Bucs were largely the laughingstock of the league for decades. In the mid 1990’s, the Bucs hired Tony Dungy and after a brief start up period, the Bucs turned into defensive monsters and begin finding themselves in the playoffs.

In fact, in 1999, the Bucs were beating the Rams (The Greatest Show on Turf) until the Bert Emmanuel catch (that changed the definition of a catch post-1999) came into play. The Bucs continued to make the playoffs and be an upper echelon team but could never quite get it done, losing more times than not to the Philadelphia Eagles. In 2002, Tony Dungy was fired and Jon Gruden was hired. And that my friends, was the year the Bucs made it to the Super Bowl, going through the Eagles and winning to eventually face and beat the Raiders for the 2003 Super Bowl.

That would be the last playoff game the Bucs would win.

The team went downhill after that, making the playoffs in 2007 but not winning a game and in 2008, the Bucs were 9-3 heading into a Monday Night game against Carolina. The Bucs got destroyed and lost their last four games, including to the Chargers and lowly Raiders, in Tampa no less. This led to Gruden getting fired and Derrick Brooks getting released, the end of an era.

Since then, the Bucs have not made the playoffs and had many coaches, including Raheem Morris, Greg Schiano, Lovie Smith, and Dirk Koetter. There have been only two winning seasons but no playoffs in that time. Morris was a disaster, Schiano was even worse (hard to imagine), Lovie tried to get us back (and failed) and Koetter went 9-7 and 5-11 (also went 5-11 in real 2018, but the Madden 2018 hasn’t happened yet).

So the Bucs haven’t been to the playoffs in 10 years and haven’t won a playoff game since the Super Bowl. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have largely been irrelevant, awful, and just hard to watch and root for as a professional team.

If you want to check out more on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers history, you can go here.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2019, 10:37 PM   #7
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

New ownership, new season, new expectations?

A brief look at the beginning of the 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ season.

Welcome back NFL fans. The Tampa Bay Gazette is here to bring you all your Tampa Bay Buccaneers news and this year feels like it could be an exciting year. With new ownership come new expectations. We’re hopeful that we can get more access and face time with players and coaches compared to what we got with the Glazer family.

This first week of training camp and practice has brought some surprises and some familiar sights. There were no surprises in the depth chart outside of Adam Humphries maintaining his 3rd WR spot over Chris Godwin, but all other positions well into place as you would expect.

The systems being run are a bit different than you would expect compared to what Head Coach Dirk Koetter typically runs. This year will see a Vertical Power Run offense with the hopes of shortening games and using play action to go deep. The Bucs offense has a chance to be good but it all depends on how Jameis Winston fares in his 4th season.

On defense, the Bucs will be running the Base 4-3. When asked why they refuse to go back to the Tampa 2, the only comment we got was this from Koetter, “That’s what I want, I’m the coach.” Sounds like there is already friction there with Koetter trying to asset himself through the media.

We tried to sneak into a few of the closed session practices, but were quickly asked to leave. That didn’t stop us though, as we managed to speak to a few players and coaches off the record. The players seem pleased with the changes being made but were a bit worried about their jobs. The coaches couldn’t offer anything, seeming to be afraid that whatever they said may come back to bite them.

We tried to catch a few minutes with the new owner, but as you might expect, he’s a busy guy. We did catch him walking down the hallway in One Buc Place, and while he waved us off, he did say he was excited about the season and wouldn’t be afraid to put his stamp on the team. He also mentioned he’d give us a few brief sound bites prior to the first game.

What will it bring? Who knows, but this could be a very exciting season on and off the field.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #8
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Matchup Preview | August 9, 2018
@
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(0-0, Away)
Miami Dolphins
(0-0, Home)
Game Notes
This is the first game of the 2018 Preseason for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This will also be the first game under new ownership. The Bucs travel to Miami to start their season and to gear up for what will hopefully be a Super Bowl run.

Quote:
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »