Home

Glory Days --- an NCAA 12 Legacy

This is a discussion on Glory Days --- an NCAA 12 Legacy within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #9
Rookie

PhillyFan88's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Glory Days --- an NCAA 12 Legacy

Looking forward to following this, as I think I’ll be starting something similar. Was thinking of starting with ncaa06 race for the heisman, importing into madden 06 superstar and then end my playing career prematurely after 6-8 seasons. Would then simulate to whatever year it is after I retired from nfl and take a job offered in carousel in ncaa14. Will help with added backstory and I like the nostalgia part of playing good games from the past.

Last edited by PhillyFan88; 07-01-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #10
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Georgia Football Class 6A Team Spotlight
--by Tyler H.
August 9, 2010.
10:19 pm
Central Gwinnett Black Knights
Rating: C-

Schedule:
vs Berkmar Patriots (C+)
vs Collins Hill Eagles (B+)
@ Brookwood Broncos (B)
@ Grayson Rams (A+)
vs Parkview Panthers (B)
@ Norcross Blue Devils (A-)
vs Duluth Wildcats (B-)

The Central Gwinnett Black Knights are easily the biggest wildcard in Region 7. After experiencing a string of losing seasons over the past several years, rumor has it that David Wooderson (#11), a senior from Lawrenceville, will be starting at the quarterback position for the Knights this year. Wooderson, who has been starring for Central as a center-back on their varsity soccer team, makes the somewhat perplexing switch from soccer to football. After helping the Knights to win the Georgia Boys’ Soccer State Championship in 2009, it seems that Wooderson has accomplished everything he wanted on the pitch and sees better potential opportunities on the gridiron. His football background is completely unknown, however there are no doubts about his athleticism and standing now at 6’4”, 191 pounds, he has the size desired by most coaches and scouts. In a recent interview with Todd Chambers, head coach of the Black Knights soccer team, he had this to say of the young athlete, "David is a tough character in two very different ways. He has a ton of natural talent and ability, but is inherently lazy when nothing is at stake. If you saw him at practice you'd think he's one of the worst on the team and he'd probably hit you with some infamous Allen Iverson quote. When it comes to competing however, he will bust everything he has to help his team win. Toughest player to deal with in practice, toughest player on the field when it really matters." If Wooderson has any chance of success however, senior WR Nick Roach (#81) and junior WR Shawn Ward (#1) will have to improve at finding separation and provide easy targets for their new quarterback. Though most scouts and coaches agree that this quarterback change is too radical to succeed and will fail miserably, I for one am greatly interested and hopeful for the career of Wooderson. If anything, this bizarre situation will add at least some excitement to the otherwise impressively bland recent years of Central Gwinnett football.

Last edited by TylerHL; 07-02-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #11
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan88
Looking forward to following this, as I think I’ll be starting something similar. Was thinking of starting with ncaa06 race for the heisman, importing into madden 06 superstar and then end my playing career prematurely after 6-8 seasons. Would then simulate to whatever year it is after I retired from nfl and take a job offered in carousel in ncaa14. Will help with added backstory and I like the nostalgia part of playing good games from the past.

Nice dude, that sounds like a good plan. I haven't done a Road to Glory or player career in something like 10 years so I was looking to shake it up. So far I'm having a lot of fun with it. Would recommend!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #12
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Georgia High School Football:
Region 7, Week 1

--by Tyler H.
August 7, 2010
11:15 am

Berkmar Patriots, 14 @ Central Gwinnett Black Knights, 27

The two bottom dwellers of region 7 kicked off the season against one another in this less than stellar match-up. All eyes were on David Wooderson as he made his first start on the football field. Things did not go well for the greenhorn QB as he threw an interception just 6 plays into the Knights’ first drive, and another early in the second quarter. Jeers erupted from the Berkmar bench as players and students alike could be heard chanting, “fút-bol, fút-bol, fút-bol.” Wooderson would get the last laugh however as the Knights picked it up on offense in the second half thanks to two phenomenal plays from WR Shawn Ward. Ward’s biggest play came in the form of a 64 yard screen pass, shedding two would-be tacklers, and taking it to the house. The Patriots offense stalled in the third and fourth quarters and the Knights would add two more touchdowns to win the game with a final score of 27 to 14.

----------
David Wooderson: 10/16, 186 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT, 5 rushes, 45 yds

Georgia High School Association Recruiting - 2010
NAMEPOSCLASSHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
David WoodersonQBHSLawrenceville, GA6' 4"191

Old 07-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #13
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

How come you're not going to try to play in the NFL? You'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #14
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Region 7, Week 2

--by Tyler H.
Central Gwinnett, Student Columnist
August 14, 2010
10:31 am

(1-0) Collins Hill Eagles, 24 @. (1-0) Central Gwinnett Black Knights, 6

The Knights were brought back down to earth this week in a frustrating game versus the Eagles of Collins Hill. After impressing most with his performance last week, David Wooderson threw an early pick 6, and struggled to complete most of his passes in a game which the Knights trailed throughout. The Knight receivers couldn't break free from the impressive Collins Hill secondary, and had some bad drops during key moments. The Collins Hill defense was stingy, and their offense was able to easily move the ball downfield and put up points. It was a reality check for the Knights, who will face another decent team in Brookwood next Friday night.

----------
David Wooderson: 15/34, 204 yds, INT, 3 rush, 27 yds

Old 07-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #15
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
How come you're not going to try to play in the NFL? You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Haha I don't know man, I guess I could. I've never been that big into player careers honestly, I set this one up the way I did because prior to this, I was 8 seasons into a coaching career where I started as an OC at 1* Memphis and had finally worked up to the HC position at UNC. I didn't want to go all the way back down the ladder again, especially during the first few seasons where the official rosters shine. I wanted to be able to play as a Power 5 school and face more of the greats, but without starting as a new coach with no background - so this is what I came up with. The ultimate goal for this is still a coaching career in NCAA 12, but who knows... If I have a lot of fun doing the player thing maybe I'll consider it. Not to mention I really like to make the game as challenging as possible, so there is a chance I finish my college career without being much of a superstar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #16
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Region 7, Week 3

--by Tyler H.
Central Gwinnett, Student Columnist
August 21, 2010
8:11 am

(1-1) Central Gwinnett Black Knights, 34 @. (1-1) Brookwood Broncos, 24

The Black Knights were able to pull off a near miracle last night at Brookwood. Despite David Wooderson throwing 3 interceptions in the first half, the Knights’ defense played extremely tough to prevent the game from ever slipping too far away. Down by 11 with 3 minutes remaining, Wooderson connected with Shawn Ward on a 57-yard touchdown to bring the game within a score. The Knights' defense held the Broncos on their next drive to present Wooderson and the offense with an opportunity to take the lead. Wooderson was forced from the pocket multiple times from a consistent and heavy Bronco rush, but kept finding room to scramble out and move the chains. With 1:10 left on the clock, Wooderson hit RB Marcus Ellison on a screen out of the backfield that would be taken for 37 yards down to the 3-yard line. Ellison would punch in a touchdown on the next play, and the Knights would convert the 2-point conversion to take a 27-24 lead. With 37 seconds on the clock, the Knights defense sealed the game when CB Terrance Manning jumped a route and returned the interception for a touchdown, putting a final stamp on an impressive defensive performance.

----------
David Wooderson:
GAME
10/18, 202 yds, 3 TD, 3 INT, 11 rush, 101 yds
SEASON
35/68, 592 yds, 5 TD, 6 INT, 19 rush, 173 yds

Scouting Report: Though Wooderson has shown he can, at times, make quality throws, his poor passing accuracy and tendency to be turnover prone has failed to impress college scouts as he remains a 1* recruit with no scholarship offers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »