Home

Glory Days --- an NCAA 12 Legacy

This is a discussion on Glory Days --- an NCAA 12 Legacy within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #17
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Glory Days --- an NCAA 12 Legacy

Georgia High School Football:
Region 7, Week 4
--by Tyler H.
Central Gwinnett, Student Columnist
August 28, 2010
8:33 am
(2-1) Central Gwinnett Black Knights, 3 @. (3-0) Grayson Rams, 31

No surprises here as the talent-stocked Grayson Rams were able to win with ease over the Black Knights. Despite having his worst statistical performance of his season, Grayson quarterback and #4 QB prospect in the nation (according to ESPN’s 150), Deion Booker still combined for 263 total yards and 3 touchdowns. David Wooderson on the other hand, had his worst game to date, throwing for 133 yards, 2 interceptions, and no touchdowns, as well as being held to 47 yards rushing on 10 carries. Hard to blame the new quarterback though, as Central was outclassed at nearly every position on the field. The Knights will look to bounce back next week in a more friendly matchup against the Parkview Panthers.

----------
David Wooderson:
GAME
10/16, 133 yds, 2 INT, 10 rush, 47 yds
SEASON
45/84, 725 yds, 5 TD, 8 INT, 29 rush, 220 yds

Georgia High School Association Recruiting - 2010
NAMEPOSCLASSHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
David WoodersonQBHSLawrenceville, GA6' 4"191

Scouting Report: Another multi-interception game and failure to find the endzone keeps Wooderson off the radar of any would-be interested schools.

-----------

Deion Booker solidifies himself as Georgia's top quarterback prospect. Already receiving 12 scholarship offers from the likes of UGA, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Miami, and others, one can only guess where he may land.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:08 AM   #18
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerHL
Haha I don't know man, I guess I could. I've never been that big into player careers honestly, I set this one up the way I did because prior to this, I was 8 seasons into a coaching career where I started as an OC at 1* Memphis and had finally worked up to the HC position at UNC. I didn't want to go all the way back down the ladder again, especially during the first few seasons where the official rosters shine. I wanted to be able to play as a Power 5 school and face more of the greats, but without starting as a new coach with no background - so this is what I came up with. The ultimate goal for this is still a coaching career in NCAA 12, but who knows... If I have a lot of fun doing the player thing maybe I'll consider it. Not to mention I really like to make the game as challenging as possible, so there is a chance I finish my college career without being much of a superstar.
Alright, alright, alright.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #19
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
Alright, alright, alright.

Haha I thought you were onto something. You know, I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to get the reference, and to be honest I was not expecting it to be that quick. Respect.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #20
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Region 7, Week 5
--by Tyler H.
September 18, 2010
6:24 am
(2-2) Parkview Panthers, 10 @. (2-2) Central Gwinnett Black Knights, 27

The Knights of Central Gwinnett had a good showing this week against the Parkview Panthers, who seemed to be experiencing offensive woes of their own. David Wooderson started things off with his first rushing touchdown of the year, capping off the initial drive for the Knights. Halfback Marcus Ellison had one of the biggest games of his season, rushing for over 100 yards and two touchdowns, and so did emerging freshman receiver Brandon Sutton who caught 6 passes for 92 yards. Wooderson added a touchdown pass later in the game, and had his most accurate performance to date. This loss for Parkview drops them to a 2-3 record and puts them in a win-or-go-home situation for their remaining two games while the Black Knights, now at a 3-2 record, have two games to record at least one win in order to secure a spot in the playoffs.

----------
David Wooderson:
12/18, 200 yds, TD, 8 rush, 48 yds, TD
SEASON:
57/102, 925 yds, 6 TD, 8 INT, 37 rush, 268 yds, TD

Georgia High School Association Recruiting - 2010

Scouting report: Wooderson finally turned some heads after his performance against the Panthers, contributing on two touchdowns with a high completion rate (67%), and committing zero turnovers for the first time this season. ESPN has bumped him up to a 2* recruit on their page, and Troy University out of Troy, Alabama has offered him the first scholarship of his career.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:02 AM   #21
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Region 7, Week 6
--by Tyler H.
October 2, 2010
12:24 pm

(3-2) Central Gwinnett Black Knights, 24 @ (4-1) Norcross Blue Devils, 31

In an absolutely radical emotional rollercoaster of a game, the Knights unfortunately return home with a loss. An abysmal first half, including four interceptions thrown by David Wooderson (back to his old ways it appears) and 21 points on the board from the Norcross offense, set the tone for what many believed would end in a blowout. Norcross played tight man to man coverage throughout the game, and the Knight receivers could not find any open space. However, when everything seemed to be lost, down by 24 with 3:44 remaining in the game, the tides turned. Wooderson hit TE Andy Blake (#87) for a short 6-yard touchdown, and Nick Roach caught a nice fade on the 2-point conversion attempt to shrink the Blue Devils lead to 16. The Knights defense came up clutch, forcing a quick three and out, giving their offense the ball back with 2:48 left on the clock. Wooderson hooked up with WR Matt McKenzie (#85) on a deep route to set up a short touchdown pass to Shawn Ward, with yet another successful 2-point conversion. The Knight defense again stepped up and prevented the Blue Devils from getting a single first down. Using their remaining timeouts, the offense was able to get the ball back with 49 seconds. McKenzie was able to get open over the middle yet again for a gain of 69 before he was caught from behind. A few plays later on a 4th and short, Marcus Ellison punched in the touchdown from 2 yards out to cap off an 8 play 87-yard drive with 11 seconds to spare. Wooderson was able to convert another 2-point conversion, making three in a row, with a short QB scramble. The game headed into OT with Central taking defense first, and all the momentum seemingly in their favor. This was not the case. Norcross scored a touchdown within their first 5 plays, and when the Knights offense got on the field to answer, the line completely fell apart. Wooderson was pressured on every down and couldn’t convert a 4th and 15, as the Blue Devils dug a final dagger deep into the hearts of Central Gwinnett. The Knights must win their final game next week against the Duluth Wildcats if they have any chance at making the playoffs.

----------
David Wooderson:
17/40, 311 yds, 2 TD, 4 INT, 16 rush, 92 yds
SEASON:
74/142, 1236 yds, 8 TD, 12 INT, 53 rush, 360 yds, TD

ESPN Recruiting Profile - 2010

Scouting report: Despite the 4 turnovers, Wooderson's late game heroics created a buzz on the recruiting channels and moved him onto the official ESPN boards. The big jump for Wooderson earns him two more scholarships from Vanderbilt University and Duke University.

----------

For those of you who might be more into video, I had to upload the raw gameplay of the final quarter onto YouTube for this one. Such a tough way to lose, but so much fun to play!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #22
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

Region 7, Week 7
--by Tyler H.
November 9, 2010
1:08 pm

(2-4) Duluth Wildcats, 0 @ (3-3) Central Gwinnett Black Knights, 31

David Wooderson and the rest of the Central Gwinnett Black Knights were on fire as the blew away the Duluth Wildcats in a win-or-go-home situation. In the most important game of their high school careers to date, Wooderson and fellow senior receiver Nick Roach put on a show, hooking up for 132 yards and 2 touchdowns through the air. In addition to some major offensive fireworks, the Knights defense was able to completely shut-out the Wildcats, their first of the season. With a score of 31-0 heading into the fourth quarter, the Knights were able to rest their starters in preparation for the playoffs, because that’s right, we’re going to the playoffs! Students and players alike are deservedly ecstatic as Central has officially punched their ticket after this win.

----------
David Wooderson:
17/23, 212 yds, 3 TD, 7 rush, 39 yds, TD
SEASON:
91/165, 1448 yds, 11 TD, 12 INT, 60 rush, 399 yds, 2 TD

Scouting report: Following his best high school performance to lead his team to the playoffs, Wooderson has been upgraded to a 3 star recruit and is now among the top 1,000 in the nation. The impressive crunch-time play and dual threat capability has put him on the radar of USF, Virginia, and UNC in addition to previous offers from Troy, Duke, and Vanderbilt.

Last edited by TylerHL; 07-09-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #23
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

GHSA Football Playoff Bracket Released!
Grayson earns the overall top seed led by #1 QB prospect in the state, Deion Booker | Region 7 sneaks in 4 teams with lowest seeded Central Gwinnett to face undefeated, cross-county opponent South Gwinnett in the first round

Last edited by TylerHL; 07-11-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:31 PM   #24
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

GHSA Football Playoffs:
First Round
--by Tyler H.
November 23, 2010
9:08 am

(4-3) Central Gwinnett Black Knights, 17 @ (7-0) South Gwinnett Comets, 7

In an absolute defensive slugfest, the Central Gwinnett Black Knights were able to pull off the major upset against the South Gwinnett Comets. The Comets defensive line was unstoppable, finding their way into the backfield on a majority of snaps. David Wooderson struggled with the relentless pressure and was only able to complete 9 passes (a career low) for 170 yards, with nearly half of these yards coming on a single crucial play heading into the half. With a slight lead 10-7, the Knights found themselves deep within on their own half and only 16 seconds remaining until halftime. Shooting for at least a field goal to push the lead to six, Nick Roach broke away from his man to man coverage on a deep streak down the right sideline. Wooderson lofted a beautiful pass, hitting Roach perfectly in stride on his way to a 63-yard touchdown as the Knights would extend their lead to 10. In the second half, both defenses continued their relentless pressure. Wooderson was sacked 3 more times (totaling 6 on the game) and despite getting into the redzone twice, the Black Knights couldn’t put any more points on the board. It ultimately wouldn’t matter however, as Central’s defense had the game of their lives, holding the Comets scoreless in the second half. There was a glimpse of promise for South early in the third quarter as Wooderson was pressured into an interception within his own half. Black Knights linebacker Steven Shuler and defensive end Frank Mason quickly shut that down as they recorded back to back sacks to push the Comets out of scoring position. Later in the fourth quarter, Wooderson showed off his dual-threat capability, finding gaps in the blitz heavy defense and ultimately winding the clock all the way down to seal the victory. The campus and whole town of Lawrenceville is buzzing after this huge first round upset. Can our Knights keep the Cinderella story going? They will face 11th seeded East Coweta (6-2) next week, who too are coming off an underdog victory over 6th seeded Valdosta, 24-21.
---------
David Wooderson:
9/19, 170, TD, INT, 12 rush, 98 yds, TD
Season:
100/184, 1618 yds, 12 TD, 13 INT, 72 rush, 497 yds, 3 TD

David WoodersonQB-DTHSLawrenceville, GA6' 4"191

Scouting report: Wooderson didn’t have much of an impact this game throwing the ball but did have success running and showed toughness and resilience. Against a star-studded South Gwinnett defense his performance is hard to criticize, yet he remains a three star with no new offers. (Previous offers: UNC, UVA, USF, Duke, Vanderbilt, Troy)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »