Home

NFL Expansion 2002: McMahon's Las Vegas Outlaws

This is a discussion on NFL Expansion 2002: McMahon's Las Vegas Outlaws within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NFL Expansion 2002: McMahon's Las Vegas Outlaws

Pick: First Round, #1

Need: Long Term Franchise QB

Question: Carr Or Harrington?

Anyone want to weigh in? The draft is this weekend.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #10
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

There are some names bringing back some serious nostalgia here! loving it!

I'm saying nit's gotta be Carr but make sure you build him a line! let some old dude get killed back there in year one
Old 08-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
There are some names bringing back some serious nostalgia here! loving it! I'm saying nit's gotta be Carr but make sure you build him a line! let some old dude get killed back there in year one
Yup, you know your stuff. This time around, I'm hoping to get at least two years out of Tony Boselli, unlike what actually happened. His Injury Rating is a 40, and Offensive Lineman actually could get injuries in old Madden's from this era. We just may take two Quarterbacks in the Rookie Draft, technically. I'm not in love with either Harrington or Carr as Franchise QB's, but I'm leaning toward one. I considered trading the 2002 Number 1 Pick for another Number 1 Pick in 2003 where the draft class is way better. I'm neck deep in draft magazines right now. Stay tuned to the draft to see what the Vegas Outlaws have up their sleeve.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

Last edited by Culture Rot; 08-08-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #12
MVP

"WHOS IN CHARGE HERE?"

It was only the first week of April, and McMahon was already going back on his word not to try and tinker with the personnel side of things. Outside of Bill Romanowski, he was not overjoyed by the expansion draft. He sat in the office of Assistant GM (or was it Co-GM?) Charlie Casserly, ranting.

Vince McMahon: “I haven’t heard of almost any of these no name players. We’ve gotta load this team up! Leadership! Speed! And Star Power! WE NEED STAR POWER GOD DAMNIT!”

Casserly: "I think I’ve got someone in mind who can satisfy all of those needs, and satisfy them in spades."

McMahon: "Well, give him a call. Let’s open up the check books."

Casserly: "That is what we would have to do in the case of who I'm talking about."

McMahon: "Try me, Pal."

Casserly: (Buzzing Assistant) "Get me Deion Sanders on the phone please."

*McMahon’s eyes bulge with delight*

Old 08-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #13
MVP

"PRIMETIME"

Casserly’s initial call didn’t get through. Neither did his second or third. Deion may have been a busy man, but once Casserly was able to get Sanders on the line on his fourth attempt, he quickly convinced the numerous time Pro Bowler that one last run in the NFL would be worth his while.

“The McMahon’s are willing to make you a very generous offer. Comparable to your last contract with the Redskins. $2,000,000, plus a big signing bonus.”
Only once the three year deal was done did Casserly phone Sanders with Vince and Shane in the room. They exchanged some pleasantries, and Deion promised to grab a few interceptions, and put butts in the seats in the process. This was music to Vince’s ears, as he arranged for the introductory press conference.

“ ‘The Outlaws Go Primetime!’ That’s good S**T!” McMahon bellowed, imagining headlines.

That weekend, the tandem of Casserly and Shane McMahon unveiled Deion at the press conference. Deion held up a #21 jersey with the Black And Red colors of the Las Vegas Outlaws.

"I prepare to win, I prepare to dominate, I prepare to conquer,"
Sanders said among his opening statements. "I prepare to win it
all, and that's one of the reasons I'm here."

"To have him come here is an honor," Outlaws cornerback Jason Sehorn said. "There's so much that you can learn from a Deion Sanders; he's the type of guy that can take a young DB and make him grow up mentally, and prepare him for situations he otherwise wouldn't get without having the experience himself."

“Deion has assured us that he is finally finished pursuing his baseball career, and wants to finish his career exclusively in the NFL.” Said Shane McMahon. “With A Championship.”

Old 08-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #14
MVP

PRE DRAFT JITTERS

McMahon was seeming more pleased by the day with the team Casserly and his son Shane had assembled. It had the toughness and big hits of Bill Romanowski, and Bryan Cox. And finally, it had the star power and charisma of Deion Sanders. Sure, they had wiffed on talking Michael Irvin out of retirement, but you can’t have it all. But they were missing one key position: Quarterback.

Casserly knew deep down this team had major red flags, but he was becoming good at one thing in particular: knowing what made McMahon happy. Casserly deep down had aspirations of taking over the GM spot from Shane, once Shane realized how over his head he was. Shane was reasonable, Casserly thought to himself. Various times as a goof Casserly threw out names of players who had retired seasons ago, and Vince would get excited about bringing them on the team, not realizing they had been out of the league for years. “I haven’t followed the NFL closely for years!” McMahon would retort. “Its GOD AWFUL! It’s not REAL football!”

Casserly knew Vince would be clueless in terms of which rookies to Draft. So he (and Shane), would have free reign on Draft Day, and a big opportunity to inject some youth to the team. The main debate seemed to come down to the Quarterback position. David Car, or Joey Harrington? Casserly envisioned David Carr in the role. Shane McMahon however, was a big fan of Heisman Winner, and Option Extraordinaire, Eric Crouch. Privately, Crouch was telling teams he was open to playing any position, but publicly he was still lobbying to play Quarterback. After seeing the surprising success of Michael Vick the previous season, Crouch saw himself as someone who could have similar success as a mobile QB.

Most scouts believed Crouch couldn’t play the QB position in the NFL. Casserly concurred, although he was impressed by his athletic ability. He could be converted to Cornerback, Or Receiver, or even running back. If they could get him in the 3rd round, Casserly promised Shane they would draft him, and try something revolutionary.

Up Next: This weekends 2002 NFL Rookie Draft!
Old 08-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #15
MVP

THE NFL DRAFT

Last edited by Culture Rot; 08-10-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #16
MVP

2002 NFL Draft RESULTS

2002 NFL Draft Results

[Spoilers Below]

1 1 Las Vegas Outlaws David Carr QB Fresno State WAC

1 2 Carolina Panthers Julius Peppers † DE North Carolina ACC

1 3 Detroit Lions Joey Harrington QB Oregon Pac-10

1 4 Buffalo Bills Mike Williams OT Texas Big 12

1 5 San Diego Chargers Quentin Jammer CB Texas Big 12

1 6 Kansas City Chiefs Ryan Sims DT North Carolina ACC from

1 7 Minnesota Vikings Bryant McKinnie † OT Miami (FL) Big East

1 8 Dallas Cowboys Roy Williams SS Oklahoma Big 12 from Kansas

1 9 Jacksonville Jaguars John Henderson † DT Tennessee SEC

1 10 Cincinnati Bengals Levi Jones OT Arizona State Pac-10

1 11 Indianapolis Colts Dwight Freeney † DE Syracuse Big East

1 12 Arizona Cardinals Wendell Bryant DT Wisconsin Big Ten

1 13 New Orleans Saints Donté Stallworth WR Tennessee SEC

1 14 New York Giants Jeremy Shockey † TE Miami (FL) Big East

1 15 Tennessee Titans Albert Haynesworth † DT Tennessee SEC

1 16 Cleveland Browns William Green RB Boston College Big East

1 17 Oakland Raiders Phillip Buchanon CB Miami (FL) Big East

1 18 Atlanta Falcons T. J. Duckett RB Michigan State Big Ten from

1 19 Denver Broncos Ashley Lelie WR Hawaii WAC

1 20 Green Bay Packers Javon Walker † WR Florida State ACC from Seattle

1 21 New England Patriots Daniel Graham TE Colorado Big 12 from

1 22 New York Jets Bryan Thomas DE UAB C-USA

1 23 Oakland Raiders Napoleon Harris LB Northwestern Big Ten

1 24 Baltimore Ravens Ed Reed FS Miami (FL) Big East

1 25 New Orleans Saints Charles Grant DE Georgia SEC from Miami

1 26 Philadelphia Eagles Lito Sheppard † CB Florida SEC

1 27 San Francisco 49ers Mike Rumph CB Miami (FL) Big East

1 28 Seattle Seahawks Jerramy Stevens TE Washington Pac-10 from Green Bay

1 29 Chicago Bears Marc Colombo OT Boston College Big East

1 30 Pittsburgh Steelers Kendall Simmons G Auburn SEC

1 31 St. Louis Rams Robert Thomas LB UCLA Pac-10

1 32 Washington Redskins Patrick Ramsey QB Tulane C-USA from New England

Round 2

2 33 Las Vegas Outlaws Jabar Gaffney WR

2 50 (Traded To Arizona Cardinals)

Round 3

3 83 Las Vegas Outlaws Eric Crouch QB/WR

3 66 (Traded To Arizona Cardinals)

3 77 Las Vegas Outlaws Rocky Calmus LB

Round 4

4 99 Las Vegas Outlaws Jonathan Wells RB

Round 5

5 153 Las Vegas Outlaws Ramon Walker S

Round 6

6 173 Las Vegas Outlaws DeMarcus Faggins CB

6 190 Las Vegas Outlaws Josh Mallard DE

Round 7

7 261 Las Vegas Outlaws Rohan Davey QB

ACQUIRED BY TRADE

OUTLAWS GET KYLE VANDEN BOSCH FROM ARIZONA CARDINALS FOR TWO DRAFT PICKS, AND DORIAN BOOSE

Last edited by Culture Rot; 08-10-2019 at 04:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »