Home

Riddell: A Football Life (NCAA 13)

This is a discussion on Riddell: A Football Life (NCAA 13) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

Riddell's Arena

OVR: 0
Riddell: A Football Life (NCAA 13)

It's November, 2011. Things aren't looking good for Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe. After Grobe posted an 11-2 record with the Demon Deacons in 2006, also winning the ACC, things have started to fall apart. Wake Forest finished 2009 5-7, 2010 3-9, and 2011 6-7. Grobe, who has coached since 2001, is under pressure from the University boosters, and athletic director Ron Wellman. Grobe, already aging and reaching an 11th season as coach, calls it quits.

Wellman struggles to find a head coach. Big name and less famous coaches don't want the job of rebuilding the program, especially in a tough conference and in an incredibly tough division, facing Clemson and FSU every year. Wellman rolls the dice, and makes the call to Jacksonville, Florida. And, lo and behold, Wake Forest has a head coach.

Last edited by Riddell; 08-24-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: story change
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2019, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Riddell's Arena

Re: Riddell: A Football Life (NCAA 13)

ESPN NEWS - Breaking: Wake Forest Hires Jacksonville Jaguars Coach and former FSU QB Chris Riddell as new Head Coach
Chris Low
January 10th, 2012

Winston-Salem, North Carolina - Today, at a Press Conference outside Groves Stadium, Athletic Director Ron Wellman announced Christian Rudolph Riddell as Wake Forest's 32nd Head Coach in Program history.

Riddell, 35, who most recently as the Jacksonville Jaguars Assistant Head Coach and Quarterback's Coach, made a short statement with his wife Eve at his side. "It's a great honor to have been announced to serve as the head coach of this football team. I have tremendous respect for this program, and it's history. It's my hope that under my tenure we can write new history here as well."

Wake Forest fans and many other ACC fans may know of Riddell for other reasons however. Riddell played as FSU's backup Q.B. from 1997 until 1998 after North Carolina A&T. Riddell's has earned praise from his colleagues, especially from the last nine years, when Riddell was coaching. Former FSU coach Bobby Bowden called Riddell "An exemplary player and coach who will honorably lead Wake Forest." Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban, who Riddell served under from 2008-2010 as a Quarterback coach said, "Simply put, Chris Riddell is the guy you want leading any football program."

It appears Riddell as his work cut out for him. Wake Forest is set to face top ranked Notre Dame, Clemson, and Florida State, as well as other top programs. Wake Forrest also had one of the worst recruiting years of a Power 5 program, finishing 70th ranked by rivals.com. However, Riddell doesn't see it that way, saying, "Simply, we can win games. We can make the conference championship. We can have a top 5 recruiting class." Time will tell if Riddell is blowing smoke, or will build the next great college football dynasty.

Last edited by Riddell; 05-27-2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Simple errors
Old 05-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Riddell's Arena

ESPN - Wake Forest News Wire/Wake Forest Blog - Riddell makes additions to staff, hiring Williams D.C., Heck O.C.
January 18th, 2012

Winston-Salem, North Carolina - Today, Head Coach Chris Riddell announced the hirings of Alan Williams as Defensive Coordinator and Andy Heck as Offensive Coordinator. Williams' most recent job was as the Defensive Backs coach with the Indianapolis Colts from 2002 until 2011. Heck had been with the Jacksonville Jaguars in different capacities concerning Offensive Lines from 2004 until 2011. Riddell spoke to Winston-Salem News Channel WXLV concerning the hires:

"I've known Alan and Andy for a number of years. They're both incredibly great leaders and coaches. I think the areas they have experience in would greatly help this team in the long run. Alan has dealt with defensive backs for a while, and I think if we recruit well there, as well as improving the quality of play we can contend again, due to the fact the ACC is such a pass oriented conference, and if we do well there, we can hurt the passing game of our opponents. Our Offensive Line could be better, and Andy might very well be the best O-Line coach out there there is. With these two great coaches, I think our return to the top is certain."

Last edited by Riddell; 05-27-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: error
Old 08-19-2019, 09:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Riddell's Arena

Authors note:

Sorry for my lack of posting through the summer. I've been incredibly busy with traveling and getting situated with school and stuff. This dynasty/career will be back to business soon.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Riddell's Arena

www.godeacs.com - Wake Forest Football releases official 2012 schedule
January 19th, 2012

Week One - 9/1/12, vs. Air Force
Week Two - 9/8/12, vs. UNC
Week Three - 9/15/12, @ FSU
Week Four - 9/22/12, vs. Army
Week Five - 9/29/12, vs. Duke
Week Six - 10/6/12, @ Maryland
Week Seven - BYE
Week Eight - 10/20/12 @ Virginia
Week Nine - 10/25/12, vs. Clemson
Week 10 - 11/3/12, vs. Boston College
Week 11 - 11/10/12, @ NC State
Week 12 - 11/17/12, @ Notre Dame
Week 13 - 11/24/12, vs. Vanderbilt

ESPN News Wire - ACC
January 20th, 2012
Riddell officially signs 2 year, 1.5 million dollar a year contract

ESPN News Wire - ACC
January 21st, 2012
Riddell on WFU scheduling Air Force instead of FCS Liberty: "You don't get to the top if you don't play top tier talent."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 12:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Riddell's Arena

2012 AP Preseason Poll

1. Alabama
2. USC
3. LSU
4. Oregon
5. Oklahoma
6. Georgia
7. Arkansas
8. Florida State
9. Michigan
10. West Virginia
11. South Carolina
12. Michigan State
13. Kansas State
14. Clemson
15. Virginia Tech
16. Wisconsin
17. TCU
18. Ohio State
19. Nebraska
20. Stanford
21. Boise State
22. Texas
23. Oklahoma State
24. Notre Dame
25. Florida

www.espn.com/collegefootballpredictions - Wake Forest 2012 season predictions
Article by Joe Lagely

February 10th, 2012

Ah, our first ACC team: the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Many were outright shocked when Jim Grobe stepped down (some will tell you fired), and Jacksonville Jaguars QB Coach Chris Riddell was brought in for two years.

Riddell starts from scratch, rebuilding a team that usually sits in the ACC basement, save for 2006. A new coaching staff, tough schedule, everyone is wondering: can Wake Forrest break 6 wins? Read my "Crystal Ball"-esque predictions for my take.

WF schedule:

Week One - 9/1/12, vs. Air Force
Week Two - 9/8/12, vs. UNC
Week Three - 9/15/12, @ FSU
Week Four - 9/22/12, vs. Army
Week Five - 9/29/12, vs. Duke
Week Six - 10/6/12, @ Maryland
Week Seven - BYE
Week Eight - 10/20/12 @ Virginia
Week Nine - 10/25/12, vs. Clemson
Week 10 - 11/3/12, vs. Boston College
Week 11 - 11/10/12, @ NC State
Week 12 - 11/17/12, @ Notre Dame
Week 13 - 11/24/12, vs. Vanderbilt

WEEK ONE: VS. AIR FORCE; WF wins, 19-14
This game should've been against Liberty, but alas, here we are. This game shouldn't be close, right? Well, it will be. I think Wake Forest's defense will hold their own, but a weak offensive line will complicate things for the 'Deacs. If Sheldon Dixon, last year’s starter starts, expect a good performance from him.

WEEK TWO: VS. UNC; UNC wins, 24-10
Say what you will about the scandal ridden UNC Tar Heels, but I think this will be a key, signature win for new coach Larry Fedora.

I think that if UNC’s defense does what it is supposed to, Dixon and John Allen, who many presume will be the workhorse running back, will be clogged down at home, as Wake falls to 1-1.

WEEK THREE: @ FSU; FSU wins, 41-10
Oh dear. Jimbo Fisher and his Heisman candidate QB would be enough to send anyone scared running. But add in the killer D, coached by Mark Stoops? Wake is going to be lucky to score 3 points. Predicting a less than 50% completion for Dixon (if named starter).

WEEK FOUR: VS. ARMY; Army wins, 27-24
Wake is going to get killed by the option, plain and simple. Last year, they struggled, and with what many are saying will be a new defensive scheme, the growing pains will kick in. Wake is going to lose a close one at home, as they fall to 1-3.

WEEK FIVE: VS. DUKE; WF wins, 28-14
This is going to be a crucial win for Riddell and crew. Duke is certainly not the team WF is, and will just outmatched and outchoach. WF gets a win here. Dixon finds his footing here after losing 3 straight.

WEEK SIX: @ MARYLAND; WF wins, 21-17
This is practically Duke, but with a change of scenery. Dixon gets with the new offensive scheme after six weeks, and I think this game is over before the half (if my computer simulation proves right, WF should have a 21-3 Halftime lead.) Yeah, giving up 2 scores after the break and not scoring might not be good, but now, things are 3-3 for the Demon Deacs.

BYE

WEEK SEVEN: @ VIRGINIA; UVA wins, 33-15
The wheels fall off here. The WF DBs are okay, not good, not great. This is going to turn very ugly, as I predict the team will start to depend on them more, facing pass friendly offenses. 3-4, WF.

WEEK EIGHT: vs. Clemson; Clemson wins, 28-0
I know, I know. I must be pretty bold predicting a home team won’t score. But trust me. At this point, while doing my Clemson simulation, they are 5-2, #14 in the nation. To be frank, they’ll be playing mad as hell, and that D-line, seeking to prove itself, will beat up Dixon. I think the WF gives up AT LEAST 4 or 5 sacks, as Dixon struggles to get the ball off with his young O-line getting attacked. WF falls to 3-5.

WEEK NINE: vs. Boston College; WF wins, 10-3
Two coaches. One unproven, one who is most likely going to get fired. One team is decent, good offensively, could be a whole lot better defensively. This is going to be an ugly game, period. This game really is Chris Riddell’s to lose. A loss here, and the hot seat will be scorching, hotter than the Sun. WF is 4-5.

WEEK TEN: @ Boston College; WF wins, 45-42
Wake Forest fans, I’m not against you guys, you just have a tough schedule. And yes, you read that right. I have you beating NC State. Our prediction has NC State 8-1, #16 ranked (shocking, we know), at this point in the schedule, and coming home to a struggling Wake team. I think Wake comes, seeking redemption, and shocks a cocky NCSU team. Dixon will throw for at least 300 yards in this game. WF is 5-5.

WEEK ELEVEN: @ Notre Dame; ND wins 52-3
*Sigh*. National title contender. At home. Top 3 Defense in the country. Red hot offense. This one will hurt. Bad. WF is 5-6

WEEK 12: vs. Vanderbilt; Vand wins, 24-7
James Franklin is going to be gone. Word is a bigger, better schools wants him. Our simulation has Vandy at 9-2 this point in the year. Wake is coming of one of their worst losses in program history. They’re tired. They want this season to be over. And they’ll play like it. This one looks closer than it’ll be.

WAKE FINAL RECORD: 5-7

Don’t be surprised that if this happens, Chris Riddell, the brand new shiny coach, is out of a job. He could just be a transition coach, the guy who bridges between old, and new, that new leading this team to new heights. However, one thing I am certain of, is recruiting. Riddell has already hit the road recruiting, and I am fully confident Wake has a top 25, possibly even a top 20 or even 15 class. That’s my bold take. I think if things go as well as planned, 2013 can be a great bounce back year, with an 8-4 floor.

Last edited by Riddell; 09-11-2019 at 04:18 PM. Reason: rostering
Old 09-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Riddell's Arena

SLIDER SET AND GAME INFO

If you want to play dynasty in NCAA 13, play with this slider set by Oraeon. Been using them for 6 months, are they are just great to play with

Difficulty: Heisman (can't get CPU d to work this year on AA)
Speed threshold: 60 (Shortens speed gap between LB and WR to more real value)
Game speed: Normal
Quarter length: 9-11 minutes (Goal 130-150 plays total per game, about 65-70 per team; realistic plays per game not minutes is the ONLY way to get realistic statistics; I use 10)

Slider: Human/CPU
QB accuracy: 15/15 (some overthrown deep balls, EA please have separate slider)
Pass blocking: 70/70 (stops DT sacks, as opposes power move)
WR catching: 45/45 (goal 3-4 drops per game for an A/B team)
RB ability: 50/50
Run blocking: 50/50 (pancakes fixed at 55 but unbalanced)
Pass coverage: 50/100 (Goal 3-4 deflections per game; setting higher for human leads to coverage sacks)
Pass rush: 70/70 (Makes DE get most sacks not DT, as boost finesse move)
Interceptions: 35/35 (goal of 1-2 per game)
Rush defense: 60/60 (45 or lower helps CPU option, debating lower rb and decrease this)
Tackling: 25/25 (goal of 3-6 broken tackles, NCAA avg 4.5/game)
FG power: 50/50
FG accuracy: 35/35 (CPU is not broken at <35 only human)
Punting power: 40/50 (goal about 40yd avg per game)
Punting accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff power: 50/50
Penalties:
Offside: 70
False start: 70
Holding: 54
Facemask: 56
Off PI: 100 (never seen one)
Def PI: 100 (never seen one, substituting facemask)
KR/PR Interf: 100 (never seen one)
Clipping: 100 (nerfed this year still haven't seen)
Intent grounding: 100 (never seen)
Roughing passer: 54 (this gives one against the CPU per game; you will get called if you control pass rush--I control a LB, lower slider if you control pass rush to 60-70)
Roughing kicker: 100 (never seen)

Recruting: Deciding between Heisman and All American. Will decide on this.
Ice the Kicker: Yep
Conference Bowl Tie-In: Yep
Conferences will be the same was in 2012, save for South Alabama, Georgia State (your welcome Tennessee fans), and Old Dominion, sadly not in this rendering of the game. For the purpose of this dynasty, they will play as FCS teams.

I will make a commitment to not simming games.Though I can get busy, I'd rather y'all get a good in-depth game experience. I will try to add the other dynasty rules in when I can.

COACH RIDDELL'S PLAYBOOK:
Offense: TBD
Defense: TBD
Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Riddell's Arena

CONSENSUS COLLEGE FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2012:
2013:
2014: