Home

A New Era of College Football-NCAA14

This is a discussion on A New Era of College Football-NCAA14 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2019, 09:19 AM   #65
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A New Era of College Football-NCAA14

It really has been a rollercoaster of emotions for you this season.. Impressive win over Auburn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 02:33 PM   #66
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
the fact that I have come to realize we will never get College Football or Basketball on the XBOX One, has led me to bring the 360 out of retirement
Old 10-30-2019, 03:14 PM   #67
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I cannot wait for NCAA Football and College Hoops 2k to make its long awaited return!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-30-2019, 04:24 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
Super pumped...I am not going to lie, I don't have high hopes for 2020,only because I think they will try and rush the game.. Hopefully they can pull some of the old crew back together.

The question now is will 2K try and go head to head with EA on both games or will 2K just stick to basketball or neither.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Here’s to hoping Texas can hold on and win out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Baylor/TCU could give them a challenge in Big 12 title game, but other then that I feel like they got the regular season wrapped up.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
It really has been a rollercoaster of emotions for you this season.. Impressive win over Auburn.
Thanks for following/commenting. You are very correct. Last night I was actually beating Auburn by a touchdown with 2:32 to play and Foster they called Foster for a fumble, but I felt like he was down, so I went to try and challenge the call, but the CPU had already started reviewing the play and my console froze. So I had to restart the game. I was shocked playing the 2nd time through, they struggled on Offense and instead of forcing pass's when I shouldn't, I scrambled more with Foster. I really need to play smarter with him. He has the wheels to pull off 100 yd games, i just have never been one to run much with my QB. I guess I am just so use to slinging it from my Kellen Moore days with Boise State.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:34 PM   #71
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Thanks for following/commenting. You are very correct. Last night I was actually beating Auburn by a touchdown with 2:32 to play and Foster they called Foster for a fumble, but I felt like he was down, so I went to try and challenge the call, but the CPU had already started reviewing the play and my console froze. So I had to restart the game. I was shocked playing the 2nd time through, they struggled on Offense and instead of forcing pass's when I shouldn't, I scrambled more with Foster. I really need to play smarter with him. He has the wheels to pull off 100 yd games, i just have never been one to run much with my QB. I guess I am just so use to slinging it from my Kellen Moore days with Boise State.
I think at least since the PS3/360 era, EA Sports football games have had some weird difficulty randomizer thing under the hood. You could play the same team six times and never feel like you were playing against the same roster twice.

During the recent stuttering / lag issues with my PS3, I tried to play UMass three times over the course of two days before I decided I had to either replace the console or at least tear it open and clean it... so that's four games if you count the game I finally was able to keep.

First game, UMass played insanely well and would have likely won, next try I was killing them and the two other times the teams actually seemed to play close to their ratings (which are about even).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2019, 02:29 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

PANTHERS COME UP SHORT!!

Coming off their biggest win of the season, expectations were high inside the Panthers locker room. I think if you asked Foster and or other player they would tell you they felt they could beat anyone in the country including #1 Texas and for 3 Quarters it looked like that confidence was going to help Georgia State to their 5th win of the season.

Despite trailing (7-0) in the 1st, Despite trailing (14-10) at the half and despite losing their starting QB (Foster) midway through the 2nd Quarter, Georgia State never gave up hope.

USF would expand their 1st half lead to 20-10 in the 3rd Quarter on a pair of V. Sharpe FG's (22 and 25 yds), but the Panthers would battle back and take the lead into the 4th Quarter on a pair of TD's from their backup QB C. Handy.

First Handy would find All-American TE L. Pitts on a 49 yd bomb to make it (20-17) and then with 54 seconds left in the Quarter Handy would find Pitts again this time on a 16 yd strike to make it (24-20).

The Bulls would answer back early in the 4th as N. Penn connects with A. Fraser on a 30 yd score to make it (27-24) but 4 minutes later Handy would put the Panthers back on the scoreboard with a 23 yd bomb to P. Jacobs to make it (31-27). South Florida however wasn't ready to just give up. after a 28 yd kickoff return, Penn would lead the Bulls on a 11 play 72 yd drive ending with a 4 yd TD pass to G. Wilson to give USF the (34-31) lead with 1:24 to play.

With Foster still on the sidelines, Handy would lead the Panthers out 1 more time looking to secure the "W" for his team.

Handy's first play would go for a 12 yd gain as Jacobs makes his 5th catch of the night. Then it was Handy back to Jacobs this time on a 22 yd gain as the Panthers move the ball pass midfield with 48 seconds on the clock. For Handy it was a career night. He was 10/13 for 230 yds and 3 scores, but Handy's next 2 pass's would fall short leaving GSU to face to a 3rd and 10 with 38 seconds on the clock. Handy would drop back scramble right and tuck looking like he was going to run, the defense bit as Handy pulls up and fires a strike to L. Malone streaking across the middle. At first glance it looked like Malone had the first down but the ref's give him a horrible spot setting up a 4th and 2 with 31 seconds to play.

Coach Vader is left facing a decision that will probably keep him up every night for next 2 weeks (GSU has a bye week in Week 11). The Panthers can attempt to tie the game and most likely force OT with a 44 yd FG attempt or they can try and pickup the 1st down and try and give Watson a closer attempt or even try for a shot to the endzone once or twice.

Vader elects to bring out the kick team. The snap was good, but Watson's kick is wide right..... USF would kneel out the clock.. Ball game over.

FINAL SCORE USF-37 GSU-34

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Handy-11/16 244 yds 3 TD 8 carries 46 yds 1 fumble
QB J. Foster-6/18 122 yds 1 TD
RB E. Muhammad-12 carries 52 yds 1 Fumble
WR P. Jacobs-8 rec 196 yds 2 TD
TE L. Pitts-5 rec 116 yds 2 TD

Foster's injury was bruised ribs. He is listed as probable for next week, but the Panthers are on a bye week, so it is the team's hopes that he will be ready Week 12 against Georgia Tech also has a bye week next week. The Yellowjackets are currently (6-3) after beating South Alabama 45-0 in Week 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »