Home

Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2019, 06:42 PM   #17
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
Loving the touches of humor in your write ups, great stuff so far.

Love the character bios, really adds to the personality of the team rather than a bunch of low-rated nobodies. I know I'll be cheering for the 34 year old tailback!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
how do i get tickets for week 11?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Lmao this is hilarious so far!
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'm trying to have a little bit of fun with the story line stuff... at least at first when we'll be watching a bunch of scrubs get decimated.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #18
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0

Love love LOVE the different voices those original posts were in, from the Niagara newspaper to the Michigan blog to the marketing email. Definitely following this.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:51 PM   #19
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

As promised, a few defensive player spotlights at the bottom of the post. I'll probably do a handful of these throughout the season if a player has a break out performance in a game.

I'm also kicking around ideas on how to present the full team roster and some additional breakdown. Wife / kids / work are going to take the priority for the next couple days, so might not get much more done right away, but hope to have that and the season opener posted during the weekend. That game is probably going to be ugly, but I'm going to try like hell to be the next Appalachian State embarrassment for the Wolverines.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #20
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

It looked like you've got some defensive players to build around with those three. A little talent at each level of the defense is a nice "luxury" for a Team Builder squad.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #21
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
It looked like you've got some defensive players to build around with those three. A little talent at each level of the defense is a nice "luxury" for a Team Builder squad.
I reduced a lot of player ratings across the board, as I wanted them to be the lowest team OVR in the NCAA to start. I think as downloaded from Teambuilder, they are a 64 team OVR and I nerfed it down to 61.

But I did leave Tillman alone at his original 78OVR ratings and gave Fante a boost up to 78OVR. I wanted one guy on each side of the ball for the "disgraced player from a better team" story angles... And like you said, at least a chance to have a few decent guys to build around for 1-2 additional seasons.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-24-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Browning is huge.. Hopefully his old bones will hold up for a entire season. Great shape or not, you don't see to many 34 yr old's still playing RB, unless your name is A.P. and you spent all your money and took out loans against future earnings.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:52 AM   #23
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Browning is huge.. Hopefully his old bones will hold up for a entire season. Great shape or not, you don't see to many 34 yr old's still playing RB, unless your name is A.P. and you spent all your money and took out loans against future earnings.
Yea... I figured 34 was the absolute edge of believably for a physical specimen who doesn't have many football miles on his body, as he stopped playing when he was 20 or 21. In my headcanon, he plays like a 29 or 30 year old and will be HB2 as far as amount of carries is concerned.

As far as his size, I'm not sure if the game generates halfbacks his size or it was the work of whoever originally created the teambuilder. I didn't modify his size at all, but did nerf his attributes a bit, which I did with most of the team.

As far the dynasty itself, decided to play the first game as a dry run to see how the sliders worked, as I had only tested them in play now and in-dynasty practice prior to this... And well, might need to do some more tweaking. Most RBs, both HUM and CPU, were running like this:

So probably needs a little more tuning.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-25-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 0

This is hysterical! I love it! Your writing is hilarious. Excited to see how this season goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »