Home

Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #25
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

To: Nonek, Reinhold ([email protected])

Subject: Scouting budget request

Coach,
Your full first name is Reinhold? No wonder you go by Rusty.

Back to the topic at hand, I have reviewed your request for $140,000 CAD to hire a professional scouting consultant for our team. While a very reasonable request, we unfortunately do not have the funds in the budget at this time. We hope to rectify this in future seasons. Thankfully, teams from the Power 5 conferences have been filling my voice mail with scheduling requests. Turns out these teams will pay big money to have a team of much, much lower ability play them on their field. This allows them to pad their stats and inflate their egos while filling their fanbases with unrealistic expectations of future success. While an obvious con job, these situations are financial honeypots for broke programs like Niagara. Maybe not as appealing for our players, but that’s a sacrifice I am willing to make as Athletic Director. Once we see how the financials for this season play out, we can revisit additions to the staff.

That said, it is my job to put you in the best possible position to win … without spending any money. So, I have found a consultant who will work for free, my 24-year-old son Tanner. Now hear me out… You might think he is lacking on qualifications. But he does have a degree in mathematics from Cornell. He is a bit of an odd egg and can’t seem to find any full-time employment… he still lives in his childhood bedroom. He won’t even move into the basement, and we’ve asked him. He spends most of his time in his room surfing the web, studying math or reading spy novels… I never thought we’d have anything in common until I introduced him to football a few years ago. He absolutely loves sports statistics and has become a big fan of the Madden video games. He’s also made me a back-to-back champion of my fantasy football league!

So to get his pasty butt out of the house, I made him attend every Rhino practice all summer long. (He was the shifty looking, slightly overweight guy with the scraggly beard who always wore a beanie and moonboots even if it was 90 degrees outside.) He went ahead and converted your entire team into “Madden abilities”. He says this is the most accurate way to judge football talent and that the system was devised by a group of MIT trained mathematicians at the EA Sports Laboratories buried deep within Mount Rushmore. According to him, this report is as flawless as humanly possible, just like the super geniuses employed by EA Sports.

I am handing over the laptop to him now, he will be adding his notes from here on out. See you on Monday.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 07:57 AM   #26
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Love the roster analysis!! Too funny!

Are you/did you edit the roster inside of dynasty or is there another way?
Old 10-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #27
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
Love the roster analysis!! Too funny!

Are you/did you edit the roster inside of dynasty or is there another way?
I did all the edits inside the dynasty, changed a handful of names (but not Omarr Hawk, I couldn't come up with a name that awesome) and modified a bunch of the ratings.

I played the first game last night and was generally satisfied with the results. The sliders will probably be a work in progress for awhile, but I think I'm close. Hopefully I'll have time today to get the breakdown posted. Need to take some screenshots and figure out how I want to lay out the article.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #28
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

The roster analysis was top-notch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-26-2019, 03:18 PM   #29
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Old 10-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #30
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

The worldwide phenomenon dynasty thread with almost 800 views on Operation Sports now comes to Youtube! Complete with amateur commentary!

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-27-2019 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:41 PM   #31
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Nunyer's Notes
(These segments will be just me talking about things in general, out of character, breaking the 4th wall, etc. So if you aren't interested in that side of things, then just scroll along.)

I jumped the gun a little bit, didn't post any top 25 polls or do any scouting on my opponent... so that will be on the agenda for future weeks. I think I can have some fun with my conspiracy theorist and spy-novel obsessed weirdo savant of a scout. I probably won't get too in-depth on the NCAA as a whole, but at least occasional top 25, big upsets and MAC standings. All that said... I was excited to get a game posted. I have the entire thing recorded, so if I get time I might edit together a highlight reel and throw it on the youtubes and post it in that reserved reply above.

As far as the game itself, still need to tighten some sliders. The HUM running game was probably a little strong, the CPU running game maybe a little weak. Despite landing five sacks, I though pass protection was about right for the CPU but it's something I'll be watching. Three were unblocked blitzers as I mentioned in the story and the other two were coverage sacks where Barron took off to run but did one of those things where the CPU takes about the worst angle imaginable. As far as HUM pass protection, hard to tell as most of the game I was so paranoid that everything was pretty quick routes. Michigan spent a lot of time locking things down in straight up man coverage and smothered my lackluster receivers, those three INTs I threw could have easily been 5 or 6. Protection might be a little different if I try to sit in the pocket longer next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #32
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Always like the behind the scenes stuff. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »