Home

Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2019, 10:37 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

Looks like you averaged a decent per carry attempt on your run game. I know you were playing from behind most of the game but sometimes sticking with a run game that seems to be working is the difference in losing 44-28 instead of 89-35 in my case with my GSU Dynasty..

Really enjoying your thread so far and looking forward to more. it's my super slow time of the year at work, so its fun to be able to kick back and enjoy a good read sometimes during the day.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #34
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Old 10-27-2019, 12:01 PM   #35
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Looks like you averaged a decent per carry attempt on your run game. I know you were playing from behind most of the game but sometimes sticking with a run game that seems to be working is the difference in losing 44-28 instead of 89-35 in my case with my GSU Dynasty..

Really enjoying your thread so far and looking forward to more. it's my super slow time of the year at work, so its fun to be able to kick back and enjoy a good read sometimes during the day.
Hah.. being slow at work is exactly what got me thinking about starting a dynasty report. I spent a good few days reading through a bunch of threads here... Still have a page or so to catch up on yours. I love your radical conference re-organization angle!

As far as the running game, that whole thing started off as a dry run for more slider testing, but I ended up liking the results and rolling with it. By the 2nd half, I was just spamming pass plays to get a feel for CPU coverages and rush and wasn't really running any coherent game plan... Not that I ever really have that coherent of a game plan to begin with... but you get the idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #36
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

To: Nonek, Reinhold ([email protected])

Subject: Scouting Week 2: FSU and recruiting prospects

This is your scout, Codename Intel Thunder. I would prefer that you use the established code names and no longer refer to me as "Moonboots". You are Depressed Jellyfish and I am Intel Thunder. This is a highly delicate operation and I suggest you take it seriously. Per established protocols, I will be using burner email accounts for security reasons. This message is being routed through dozens of email proxies in Eastern Europe and South America. To be honest, it may not reach you for another 6-7 weeks. But that is a chance I am willing to take. I am well aware of moles within the NSA that would gladly forward this information to schools controlled by United Nations operatives.

All that said, I really don't have much to say about Florida State. You may move the ball effectively in the 4th quarter when they bring in the 3rd string. Their freshman QB likes to throw into triple coverage. My simulations show that he will continue doing this well into his professional career. My suggestion: triple team two receivers and leave everybody else wide open.

The main information dump in this email will be in regards to recruits. Did you know my dad gets a Cadillac provided by the university? Did you know that I drive a 1989 Toyota Tercel with a non-working heater? Well, now that I am an officially unofficial member of the university staff... I feel it is both my right and my duty to take that Cadillac on a recruiting road trip. If you see my dad at work today, tell him he has to pump the gas pedal in the Tercel three times before turning the ignition if he wants it to start while it's raining. .. and all those bungee cords strapped to various parts of the back seat and trunk area are load bearing and he should not touch any of them.

I am concentrating this week with prospects from Canada. I have yet to arrange secured transport to smuggle myself and the Cadillac into the US. Far too risky to use an official border crossing. Using various analysis of their social media posts and deep hacking dives into their private emails and DMs, I have identified the following canucks that appear to be highly interested in the Rhinos:

Courtney Ellis / Guard / 2-Star
6'4" / 317lbs / Winnipeg, Manitoba

He is currently playing Junior College football at MILF (Manitoba Institute of Lumber and Forestry). He's a bulldozer in the run game and could start right now for the Rhinos. In fact, I have already created an alternate identity for him and can have him in a Rhino uniform in 7-10 days. Just say the word. A few schools in the states appear to have a lukewarm interest, but my calculations give a 77.3% chance of signing him legitimately. Suggest offering a scholarship immediately.

Tim Wormser / Fullback / 2-Star
6'2" / 237lbs / Windsor, Ontario

I noticed in the box score that your current fullback had one rushing attempt, so I guess he exists after all. That said, he sucks and this kid sucks less. He runs with purpose and is a solid all around blocker. A little unpolished in the receiving game. He wants to play now and stay close to home, so big advantages for Niagara. He also desires top notch athletic facilities, a huge disadvantage as we share a locker room with the ladies volleyball team and three senior citizen aqua-aerobics classes. I still predict a 69.9% success rate to sign him, offer a scholarship.

Adam Nelson / Cornerback / 2-Star
6'0" / 191lbs / Halifax, Nova Scotia

He's really not much better than the current batch of sub par cornerbacks, but he wants to stay close to home and nobody else is giving him any serious attention. He should be a slam dunk if you want him.

Billy Bell / Cornerback / 4-star
6'0" / 187lbs / Niagara Falls, Ontario

Bell is currently showing no interest in the Rhinos, but this is a hometown guy that actually wants to play close to home. He would be an immediate starter. I have begun an advanced subterfuge operation to discredit the various universities that he is interested in. If you see a sex scandal rock the coaching staff of Vanderbuilt sometime in the next few weeks, that would be me. You're welcome. Currently showing a 38.3% chance of signing, but I will change that.

Next week I report back from the States. Intel Thunder out.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-27-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:33 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

This is just brilliant, honestly. A really great read with humourous writing. I can already picture Moonboots (Intel Thunder), and feel should this ever be a movie, he'd be played by Zack Galifianakis. Keep up the great work.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #38
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This is just brilliant, honestly. A really great read with humourous writing. I can already picture Moonboots (Intel Thunder), and feel should this ever be a movie, he'd be played by Zack Galifianakis. Keep up the great work.

Zack Galifianakis! haha.. that would be perfect casting... Glad you are enjoying the thread!

Also, the Rhinos have made their official Youtube debut. Just a thrown together minute long clip of a few highlights complete with my amateur play-by-play work. I'm almost as embarrassing as that "boom goes the dynamite" guy. If you want to check it out, go scroll up a few to that reserved reply right after the Michigan recap.

I might make the youtube clips a regular thing depending on time. I haven't messed with editing since literally the VHS days, but it's always been something that has interested me.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:35 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

For some college football players sharing a locker room with the women's volleyball team could be considered top-notch facilities. However I manage a community swimming pool and know the type of ladies that come to water aerobics so that probably evens out any perks of the shared locker room..

Landing Bell will be a huge piece to building your program. I think Moonboots needs to do whatever it takes to convince him not to go anywhere else. Maybe some rides in the Caddy and a couple hundred pounds of bacon should do the trick.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #40
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
For some college football players sharing a locker room with the women's volleyball team could be considered top-notch facilities. However I manage a community swimming pool and know the type of ladies that come to water aerobics so that probably evens out any perks of the shared locker room..

Landing Bell will be a huge piece to building your program. I think Moonboots needs to do whatever it takes to convince him not to go anywhere else. Maybe some rides in the Caddy and a couple hundred pounds of bacon should do the trick.
Bell was one of my two created prospects for the team (the other being the FB Wormser). I originally intended for him to be a three star, but my create a prospect skills suck apparently and I made him too good and real schools want him. I am fully invested in him now from an in-game recruiting standpoint... so the story line will flow from however that goes. Moonboots is either going to be very happy or Mr.Bell will have created a very powerful enemy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »