Home

The Rise of the Carnegie Mellon Tartans (NCAA Football 07)

This is a discussion on The Rise of the Carnegie Mellon Tartans (NCAA Football 07) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #65
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Rise of the Carnegie Mellon Tartans (NCAA Football 07)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Wow 0-8. The question has to be brought up. Are you at least having fun?
Haha my patience is being tested, but a struggle like this is what I wanted! It'll all be worth it when CMU is competitive in a few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Haha my patience is being tested, but a struggle like this is what I wanted! It'll all be worth it when CMU is competitive in a few years.
I assume that your plan is to stay with CMU for the life of this thread. I don't remember in 2007 if there was a coaching carosel or not. I always ran with either EMU back in the day (they were the worst, or my buddy and I would create our own schools as well. With 1 stud athlete that could play both sides of the ball. I always made a WR/CB, he would always make a Power FB/ MLB.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #67
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

Quote:
I assume that your plan is to stay with CMU for the life of this thread. I don't remember in 2007 if there was a coaching carosel or not. I always ran with either EMU back in the day (they were the worst, or my buddy and I would create our own schools as well. With 1 stud athlete that could play both sides of the ball. I always made a WR/CB, he would always make a Power FB/ MLB.
Yeah, this is definitely a CMU dynasty - I mentioned in the first post if a coach gets fired, then I can create a new coach and take over the Tartans from there. Likewise if CMU goes on a surge and the coach gets some good offers, he'll be forced to take one of them and I'll go on with a new coach leading CMU.

I might have to start looking for some potential two-way players on the recruiting trail - that could certainly help with the talent gap!
Old 04-08-2020, 04:22 PM   #68
Pro

Least Alex Smith survived.... I mean that's a win by itself.

I still believe in you Alex.....
Old 04-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #69
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

Around the NCAA – Week 9 Edition
#4 Miami (Fla.) looks to remain unbeaten when it hosts #15 Virginia Tech in rivalry matchup

BCS Top Five
1 | Ohio State (9-0, 0.934)
2 | Michigan (9-0, 0.907)
3 | Oklahoma (8-0, 0.887)
4 | Miami (Fla.) (8-0, 0.844)
5 | Notre Dame (7-1, 0.743)

USA Today Top 25 Coaches’ Poll
1 | Ohio State [41 first-place votes] (9-0)
2 | Oklahoma [20] (8-0)
3 | Michigan (9-0)
4 | Miami (Fla.) (8-0)
5 | LSU (7-1)
6 | Notre Dame (7-1)
7 | USC (6-1)
8 | Texas (7-2)
9 | Clemson (9-0)
10 | Auburn (8-1)

Biggest Climb | Utah (9-0) – #17 to #14
Biggest Drop | Nebraska (7-2) – #14 to #19; Georgia (7-2) – #16 to #21
Newcomers | #25 Oklahoma State (7-1)
Drop Outs | #21 Texas Tech

Heisman Watch
Jarrett Hicks, R-Sr., WR, Texas Tech | 80 catches, 1,193 yards, 11 TD
Kenneth Darby, R-Sr., HB, Alabama | 207 carries, 1,344 yards, 13 TD; 19 catches, 262 yards, 5 TD
Albert Young, R-Jr., HB, Iowa | 122 carries, 917 yards, 13 TD; 18 catches, 403 yards, 4 TD
Tony Hunt, Sr., HB, Penn State | 216 carries, 1,481 yards, 15 TD; 9 catches, 234 yards, 3 TD
Kyle Wright, R-Jr., QB, Miami (Fla.) | 154.8 QB rtg., 147-246, 2,038 yards, 23 TD (1 rush), 5 INT

NCAA Players of the Week, presented by Coca-Cola
Offensive: Brandon Bornes, R-Jr., HB, San Diego State | 30 carries, 219 yards, 4 TD (1 rec) in 84-0 win vs. Cal Poly
Defensive: Rashawn King, So., CB, Navy | 3 tackles, 2 INT, 1 FF, 2 TD in 20-49 loss vs. Notre Dame

Injury Report
Bret Meyer, R-Jr., QB, Iowa State | Torn quadricep (7 weeks)
P.J. Hill, R-Fr., HB, Wisconsin | Knee bursitis (3 weeks)
Marlon Lucky, So., HB, Nebraska | Partially torn MCL (11 weeks)

Notable Top 25 Scores
#9 Clemson 24, #15 Virginia Tech 21
#16 Arizona State 45, Washington 13
#14 Utah 24, UNLV 17
#8 Texas 30, Texas Tech 13
#2 Oklahoma 28, Missouri 7
#6 Notre Dame 49, Navy 20
#13 Florida 28, #21 Georgia 9
#1 Ohio State 28, Minnesota 10
#4 Miami (Fla.) 27, Georgia Tech 10
#25 Oklahoma State 36, #19 Nebraska 22

Week 10 National Broadcasts
#12 West Virginia (6-1) at #11 Louisville (5-1)
#25 Oklahoma State (7-1) at #8 Texas (7-2)
#5 LSU (7-1) at Tennessee (4-4)
#1 Ohio State (9-0) at Illinois (5-4)
#2 Oklahoma (8-0) at #24 Texas A&M (8-1)
North Carolina (5-3) at #6 Notre Dame (7-1)
Maryland (5-3) at #9 Clemson (9-0)
#15 Virginia Tech (7-1) at #4 Miami (Fla.) (8-0) – Game of the Week

Last edited by Careless Whisper; 05-12-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:49 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Yeah, this is definitely a CMU dynasty - I mentioned in the first post if a coach gets fired, then I can create a new coach and take over the Tartans from there. Likewise if CMU goes on a surge and the coach gets some good offers, he'll be forced to take one of them and I'll go on with a new coach leading CMU.

I might have to start looking for some potential two-way players on the recruiting trail - that could certainly help with the talent gap!

I like that plan. New coach could also allow you to switch up your playbook/play style as well and try new things.

2 way players are a huge help when building a program, and I still even use some at Power schools, I had a Athlete who was 6'5 who was a 80 QB, 79 RB and 81 WR, so I put him at QB as my #2, but he was also my #3 RB, and #3 WR.

He got the bulk of his PT as a WR because I typically run 4 WR sets. but I really like the idea of some guy's playing both ways at a small school just starting out.

I really enjoy Not and Expert's Death Valley State Dingo Dynasty on Youtube and he gets really creative using guy's in multiple positions and plays.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:42 PM   #71
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

Quote:
I like that plan. New coach could also allow you to switch up your playbook/play style as well and try new things.

2 way players are a huge help when building a program, and I still even use some at Power schools, I had a Athlete who was 6'5 who was a 80 QB, 79 RB and 81 WR, so I put him at QB as my #2, but he was also my #3 RB, and #3 WR.

He got the bulk of his PT as a WR because I typically run 4 WR sets. but I really like the idea of some guy's playing both ways at a small school just starting out.

I really enjoy Not and Expert's Death Valley State Dingo Dynasty on Youtube and he gets really creative using guy's in multiple positions and plays.
Exactly what I was thinking. It can get a little stale running the same playbooks and play styles year after year, so coaching changes are my realistic way of getting around that.

And I do target athletes quite a bit in the off-season period, hopefully I can land a few and play them both ways!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #72
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

by Jeff Greenberg, Carnegie Mellon insider for Rivals.com

Manning, Matt Johnson to make official visits this weekend
Head coach John Elliott will have two of his biggest recruiting targets in Oakland this weekend as runningback Jim Manning (Reisterstown, Md.) and outside linebacker Matt Johnson (Circleville, Ohio) are set to make their official visits for Saturday’s game against Shippensburg, Tartan Tidbits understands.

Manning and Johnson have been high on CMU throughout the process, as both want to play somewhere close to home and are looking for immediate playing time and strong academics. Johnson would likely be a day-one starter with the Tartans, while Manning would compete with current junior Robert Riley for carries.

The two three-star prospects are joined by fellow three-stars Michael Johnson (Dayton, Ohio) and Matt Fitch (Sylvania, Ohio) as remaining targets in this in-season recruiting cycle. The two Matts are likely to keep CMU in their top threes and will set up official visits in the coming weeks.
Jenkins returns for Shippensburg
After missing this past Saturday’s 17-3 loss at Furman, sophomore offensive tackle David Jenkins is back in the starting lineup for the Tartans this weekend against Shippensburg.

Jenkins was replaced by Greg Cunningham against the Paladins.

Last edited by Careless Whisper; 05-12-2020 at 09:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »