Home

RUTGERS DEATH PENALTY REBUILD | SCARLETT KNIGHTS REBORN

This is a discussion on RUTGERS DEATH PENALTY REBUILD | SCARLETT KNIGHTS REBORN within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2021, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

BRO CHACHO TAKES OVER AT RU AS DEATH PENALTY SANCTIONS ARE ENACTED

New Rutgers head coach Bro Chacho will feel the full effect of new sanctions handed down by the NCAA to the university. Greg Schiano was no stranger to controversy in his years at RU and NFL, however these allegations appear to have less to do with him and more to do with the culture that permeated throughout Rutgers in the following years since his original departure. While the Scarlett Knights haven’t done much winning in the past decade on the field, the players and COACHES appear to have been winning off the field.. For at least the past 5 seasons both coaches on the staff and numerous players have been benefiting from illegal gambling schemes ran from inside the locker room and training facilities. Nothing can be confirmed as the NCAA will not release the details of their investigation in full. The speculation is the gambling started with a few boosters at the university betting on games just prior to kickoff. Essentially they would take inside information they got from the coaching staff and use that to determine whether to bet for or against the very university they supported. This went from benign prop bets such as a certain player getting a certain number of snaps, to full blown betting for the team to win or lose, the boosters betting on the games may not have been illegal, but getting inside information certainly may have been. However, this eventually escalated.

By the mid 2010’s it is assumed that coaches and players began to get in on the action. Rutgers hasn’t had a winning season since 2014, right around the time the players and coaches began betting on games. And by betting on games, we mean the most likely outcome is point shaving. Rutgers has had one winning season since joining the BIG10, it’s possible that the players and coaches alike figured if they were going to lose why not make money while doing so. According the investigation players were paid upwards of $100k per season to throw games.

It will probably never fully be known what happened in those 5 years at Rutgers but with the allegations proven true there was no choice for the NCAA other to give Rutgers the ultimate penalty.. The Death penalty.

THE SANCTIONS

The following sanctions have been placed against the Rutgers University football program

• Entire Athletic department is to resign or be let go from position, the includes full coaching staff and the schools athletic director
• Year 1 no scholarships
• Year 2 15 scholarships
• Year 3 20 scholarships
• Ineligible for bowl games for 2 years
• Every current scholarship player must be released from scholarship ( no players on current team are accused)

Bro Chacho looks to rebuild this culture from the inside out. And that starts with his recruiting plan. He has said he will only recruit New York and New Jersey as he wants a culture the players can relate to but also build into their own.

There is not one scholarship player on this team currently and not one of the players on the team was recruited enough to be on any recruiting data base. Bro Chacho is quite literally taking over a community college football team that will play division 1 FBS programs. We won’t be talking about any of the players on the roster as with only weeks before the season starts they are all virtually unknown.

In week 1 Rutgers will take on a very strong Maryland team from the BIG10, and this actually won’t be a conference game for the time being as Rutgers has been removed from the BIG10 for the immediate future. Reinstatement may be possible in the future.

We will keep you posted on Bro Chacho’s career. Hopefully he is given the time it will take to rebuild this once proud program.

| I’ll be playing in Jarrods black slider set, I was going to impose gameplay restrictions as well, however with the difficulty of the sliders and my team being 23 overall I won’t be implementing anything until later on. I’m down to take suggestions once my team is good enough to keep the challenge going whether it be gameplay or recruiting let me know |

Last edited by Shilldog34; 08-03-2021 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2021, 10:43 PM   #2
Rookie

TERPS CHOMP RUTGERS 73-0

Young Tagovailoa and the Maryland Terrapins lit up Rutgers today without gaining over 400 total yards. The lack of yards was due to the Scarlett Knights refusing to punt all game and giving up the ball on downs inside their own 20 yard line countless times. No seriously, we lost count. It most circumstances not punting inside your own 20 yard line would be ludicrous, however Bro Chacho may have not had faith in his punt team to give his punter time to get a punt off. Or it could be that the defense is just so bad that the coaching staff figured they would give up a score either way, and gaining field position would have just prolonged the inevitable.

There was no sign that anything positive will happen for Rutgers this season, offensively or defensively, the offense was held to an abysmal 91 yards, 92 of which came through the air. And yes, that means the offense had -1 yard rushing, on 14 attempts. I guess what they say is true, can’t expect much out of an offense when your quarterbacks name is Chris Brown.

We would usually hope that this isn’t a sign of things to come, however rest assured this isn’t only a sign. There was not one positive thing that could be said about this teams performance today, there were no morale victories. We can only hope that the few recruits the Scarlet Knights are allowed to recruit were not completely scared off by this performance.

BOX SCORE

PASSING

MARYLAND
Tagovalioa- 9-16 140 yards 3 tds
Najarian - 9-12 108 yards 3 tds

RUTGERS
Brown- 7-31 89 yards 2 interceptions

RUSHING

MARYLAND

RUTGERS

Rutgers plays FCS MWS next week in what is possibly their only chance at a victory this season. Tune in or don’t because I sure wouldn’t if I didn’t have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Shilldog34; 12-05-2021 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:16 PM   #3
Rookie

FCS MWS EMBARRASSES LOWLY RUTGER SQUAD 45-14

Chris Brown throws 5 interceptions as Rutgers loses to one of the least talented teams they will play in this long season. While the Knights were able to run the ball to the tune of 109 yards their inept passing game and rush defense ultimately kept this one from ever being close. By the beginning of the 2nd quarter Rutgers trailed 21-7 and FCS MWS never looked back piling up 264 yards rushing with four long touchdown runs. Ryan Matthews one of the best young players on the defense actually had a tackle on a third down, marking the first stop of the season for the Knights. The Rutgers crowd exploded during the stop, though the number of fans may start to dwindle as the year goes on.

One positive that came out of this game was the emergence of freshman fullback Mike Kiniry. Kiniry busted a 15 yard touchdown run early in the first quarter to tie the game at 7 and averaged a blistering 3.4 yards per carry for the game. The young fullback will most likely get the start at running back the rest of the season as he showed a nice blend of power and speed despite the little blocking his offensive line did. Kiniry’s touchdown is pictured below along with the few stats that were recorded.

[/img]

Rutgers plays Navy next week in Annapolis, hopefully they don’t give up a thousand yards rushing. We’ll post a recruit update later this week as the university actually does seem to have the interest of quite a few recruits around the area, the idea of a rebuild with Bro Chacho seems to appeal to more than just fans.

Last edited by Shilldog34; 12-05-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:25 PM   #4
Rookie

| how do I change the header picture? Lmao I don’t want that stupid *** stat line as the head |
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3778.jpg (172.7 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-20-2021, 11:39 PM   #5
Rookie

| I’m a few weeks ahead of the games I’m actually posting, I’m basically just getting **** on every game so nothing to important is happening but I’m going to give a mid season recruiting update|

RUTGERS RECRUITING REPORT

Hopkins is a burner and will add some much needed speed at the receiver position, he comes in running an unofficial 4.46 forty but his most effective tool will no doubt be his route running.
Speed-88
route running-74

Frank Hall on the surface is just a 1 star recruit. However he appears to be a diamond in the rough and one of the most athletic recruits in the nation. He runs a 4.56, puts up 440 lbs on the bench and 545 lbs on the squat rack. To go with that athleticism he has the coverage skills of a safety, Frank will no doubt end up being one of the most impactful recruits in the nation.
Speed- 83
Accel-88
Strength-82
Zone- 72

Jermaine Snyder is cut from the same cloth as Frank Hall as both stand 5’11 but 240 lbs and are two of the most explosive linebacker recruits in the nation. Snyder squats nearly 600 lbs and runs a 4.6 forty. He is known for knocking out the competition, literally he’s caused so many concussions to high school opponents it should be illegal.
Speed- 81
Accel-88
Hit power-75

Terrell is a well built running back standing 6’2 220. Although he has good size he doesn’t run as ferociously as he needs to but has developed agility uncommon for a running back of his size.
Speed-88
Agility-80
Elusiveness-70

Jackson is more of a receiver than a tight end, what he lacks in blocking he makes up for in athleticism and catching ability. He will be hard to guard due to his 265 lbs frame and ability to run routes as well as most receivers.
Speed-79
Catching-76
Route running-75

As an undersized defensive end, it remains to be seen if Ross will play DE or outside linebacker in Rutgers 3-3-5 scheme but with sub 4.7 speed he could play both outside backer and DE when the team deploys their 4-2-5 sets making him a good candidate to be a hybrid edge player.
Speed -77
Play recognition-77

Vincent May be another hybrid edge player. At 6’5 he has much needed length and good enough acceleration to get off the edge but he also mixes in good coverage skills.
Speed-76
Accel-82
Zone coverage-75

Henry the lone offensive line recruit of the class would be the instant starter at center. Later on in his career he may be able to move to guard because he has very good speed and accel for his size.
Speed-65
Accel-82
Pass block- 73

Hill is a sure tackler with solid speed and the ability to cover in zone coverage.
Speed-82
Tackle-75
Zone-67

Kris is yet another undervalued recruit. Although his weight room numbers are nothing special, he does run a sub 4.5 and runs with both power and agility. With his ability to run routes out of the backfield, after he puts weight on he could be compared to CMC.
Speed-90
Elusiveness-81
Trucking-71
Agility-82

Davis brings more speed and athleticism to the table and adds to a depleted secondary. His cover skills are solid but he will need to work on Awareness and anticipation.
Speed-90
Zone-77

Harris would be the starter at QB the day he stepped on campus if signed. Right now he doesn’t have a particularly strong arm, but he has prototypical size and could develop into a strong QB with good accuracy.
Speed -58
Throw power -80

Corey would be moved to tight end as he would be an immediate mismatch based off his speed and at 6’7 would be a huge red zone threat.
Speed-86
Jumping- 77

Patrick is a well rounded back but would most likely be redshirted to work on his speed. He is a powerful yet elusive runner but the just above 4.7 forty could use a year or two to improve.
Speed-85
Accel-75
Trucking-72
Strength-75
Elusiveness- 76

Doty would be the mobile qb on the team if signed. He is very raw and may have to redshirt a season but could see plenty of playing time based on his running ability.
Speed-69
Throw power -74
Accuracy -71

Last edited by Shilldog34; 08-21-2021 at 06:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2021, 08:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Re: RUTGERS DEATH PENALTY REBUILD | SCARLETT KNIGHTS REBORN

SERIES REVIVED

I got burnt out from playing ncaa in general a few months ago, and slogging through the first season of a death penalty dynasty was not helping that in anyway. I gave myself a few months break but as college football starts nearing the end of the season I’m getting the itch to revisit this Rutgers death penalty.

I kind of messed up scheduling for this first season, and should’ve put more FCS schools so we had a chance to compete. With the sliders I’m playing on there’s virtually no chance of my team competing with the rest of the schedule, with that in mind I have decided to sim the rest of season 1 and get to the off-season.

Bringing in some fresh blood and players who at least have a semblance of ability will allow me to enjoy this dynasty once again. I’m going to skip recording the stats for the season, and we’ll start again fresh in season 2!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »