Home

We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion || Madden 20 GM Mode

This is a discussion on We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion || Madden 20 GM Mode within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2020, 11:24 PM   #1
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
|| We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion || Madden 20 GM Mode

WELCOME TO MY EXPANSION DYNASTY PAGE!

******************The dynasty is being rebooted, new version starts from here.**********************

A throwback to my Madden 17 expansion, with the NFL virtual draft upon us and the NFL itch coming back, I've returned to M20 with a fresh install and fresh motivation for a dynasty that will hopefully go deeper than ever before!

From my first Oilers expansion a few years ago:

''The first NFL game I ever attended was an exhibition game between the Cowboys and Oilers in 1996. Living in Orlando I didn't have the chance to see professional games, but instead went to the UCF games at the Citrus Bowl. But, in 1996, the Cowboys and Oilers came to town for their final tune-up game before the season.

Naturally, being young and dumb, I cheered for the Cowboys, even getting some stretched out sweaty wristbands as a souvenir. Later I would come to my senses, wise up, and become a Bucs fan like my father. I may have even became an Oilers fan, but when I started paying attention to professional football a little more, to my surprise, they weren't around anymore!

Fast forward 21 years. The Oilers are still gone, they never came back... but in the Madden universe... why not? The Browns came back to Cleveland to lose some more. The Hornets came back to Charlotte to bump the ticket prices up. The Rams returned to LA... after 21 years. So why can't the Oilers make a comeback? Well, now they can, and now they will!''

Looking forward to bringing back the memories and hopefully a Super Bowl win as the GM!

Here is how the CFM will be setup

Roster
Sabo's START TODAY mod/rosters

Gameplay Sliders
Tdawg's Progression Tool

XP Sliders
Sabo's Gameplay Mod/Sliders

Starting point
2020 Expansion Draft

Draft Rules
Must either select 30 players or spend $75.32M (38% of 2020 cap) in contracts.
Can select a maximum of 3 players from a single team.
Cannot select any players in the first or final years of their contracts, nor can I select any kickers or punters.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-12-2020 at 10:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 11:24 PM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Staffing / Captains / Season Preview

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-12-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:25 PM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Roster Foundation

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-12-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:26 PM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Past Seasons

Past Seasons

7 - 9
No Playoffs

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-02-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:26 PM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Dynasty History

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-02-2020 at 08:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 11:29 PM   #6
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

2014 - Expansion Rumors

An article from page two of the Feb. 2014 issue of the Miami Journal
Local Legend Aims To Help NFL Grow

MIAMI, FL - Many of our readers may not recognize the company above, but many will recognize the name Spencer Strasmore. For the few who are unfamiliar with him, he was the star linebacker during the 'baller' days at the University of Miami, hailed as one of the greatest teams ever put together. The team was also known for its antics both on and off the field, which famously led to them being held out of the BCS Championship due to off-the-field controversies. Strasmore and his fellow teammates never played another down in college, nor got a shot at playing in the NFL. However that setback didn't keep him away from the NFL as he has become a financial manager and is currently working in the sporting division of Anderson Financial.

In recent months there has been buzz around the league about the potential addition of another NFL franchise. Although nothing official has been announced, rumors around the league indicate that Strasmore has been one of the key players in pushing for expansion. It is unclear if Strasmore's company would be involved with a new franchise, at the current valuation of Anderson Financial it would indicate that they would need to find partners to raise enough capital to pay the expansion fee (the Texans paid $700M several years ago). Nor is it clear which city would earn the rights to host the next team, with many experts pointing to Los Angeles or Las Vegas as prime destinations. The only thing clear right now is that potential of a new NFL team has taken a huge bump thanks to the involvement of Spencer Strasmore.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-12-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:31 PM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

The Oilers Return

News from the 2016 March NFL Owners Meetings
Houston Strikes Oil Again, Gets Second Team

Orlando, FL - The Oilers are back! The league has officially expanded to 32 teams. On day two of the annual owners meetings, 30 of the 31 owners voted in favor of awarding a second NFL franchise to the city of Houston. At this time it is unclear which owner voted against the expansion. The Voyagers, an ode to the space shuttle program in Houston, and the Gunners were both rumored to be in the running for team name. Ultimately, with a 'blessing' from the Adams family and approval from the NFL, the Oilers name was unretired and granted to the newest expansion team.

The key people responsible for this expansion include Spencer Strasmore of Anderson Financial and the venture capitalist duo of Dale Doback and Brennan Huff at Prestige Worldwide. It is unclear if Mr. Strasmore and Anderson Financial will have a role in the new organization, but Mr. Doback and Mr. Huff represent the majority shareholders in the new Oilers ownership, which came at the price of a reported $1.1 billion expansion fee.

On day three of the owners meeting it was decided that the expansion draft will be held sometime before the 2020 NFL Draft, some three years away. In the meantime the team must find a location to play their inaugural season in. It is believed that the Oilers ownership will seek investment help to open their own stadium. Until then, they'll be looking at either sharing the newly renamed NRG Stadium with the Texans or BBVA Compass Stadium, the home of the MLS' Houston Dynamo.

BBVA Compass Stadium Information
Opened - May 2012
Capacity - 22,000
Pro Teams - Dynamo (MLS)

When the Houston Oilers take the field in 2020 they will be playing in front of the smallest crowd in the NFL. BBVA, home to the Houston Dynamos, seats just over 22,000. In comparison, NRG Stadium (Texans) seats 72,000 and AT&T Stadium (Cowboys) seats 80,000. The only other NFL stadium with seating under 50,000 is the StubHub Center (26,000) which will be temporarily used by the Chargers.

BBVA Compass Stadium is not only home to a MLS team, but also home to the Texas Southern Tigers football team. The Oilers will be the first professional football team to play there and plan to play there until the team either moves to another shared venue, or builds its own stadium.

2020 Conference Realignments Announced
*denotes a new division

National Football Conference
  • *NFC North - The Bears, Packers, Vikings, and Lions from the former NFC Central
  • NFC East - The Eagles, Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys stay put
  • *NFC South - The NFC East Buccaneers join the NFC West' Falcons, and Saints, and welcome the Oilers to create the NFC South
  • NFC West - The Rams and 49ers welcome the NFC East's Cardinals and the AFC West's Seahawks
American Football Conference
  • *AFC North - The ex-AFC Central's Steelers, Ravens, Browns and Bengals create this new division
  • AFC East - The Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, and Jets stay put
  • *AFC South - The Jaguars and Titans of the NFC Central and Texans and Colts of the AFC East combine to form the new AFC South
  • AFC West - The Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, and Chargers stay in the west

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-12-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

2019-2020 End of Season Report | Expansion Draft

2019-2020 End of Season Report

Chiefs Reign Supreme

MVP - QB Patrick Mahomes 26/42 286 2 TD 2 INT; 9 ATT 29 YARDS 1 TD

Miami, FL -The Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers faced off in Super Bowl 54 in Miami. Both teams showed strength on defense and the game went into the half tied 10-10. San Francisco was able to jump ahead 20-10 in the 3rd, but a resilient Chiefs team fought back. Late in the 4th Patrick Mahomes connected with Damien Williams to take a 24-20 lead. After Garoppolo failed to convert a 4th and long, Williams iced the game on a 38-yard score.

KC 31 vs SF 20

Awards

2020 NFL Honors
AwardPlayerPosTeam
Most Valuable PlayerLamar JacksonQBRavens
Comeback Player of the YearRyan TannehillQBTitans
Offensive Player of the YearMichael ThomasWRSaints
Defensive Player of the YearStephen GilmoreCBPatriots
Offensive Rookie of the YearKyler MurrayQBCardinals
Defensive Rookie of the YearNick BosaDE49ers
Coach of the YearJim HarbaughHCRavens

Coaching Carousel Results

Coaching Changes
TeamFiredHiredPrevious Job
Washington Redskins (3-16)Jay GrudenRon RiveraCAR HC
New York Giants (4-12)Pat ShurmurJoe JudgeNE ST/WR
Dallas Cowboys (8-8)Jason GarrettMike McCarthyN/A
Cleveland Browns (6-10)Freddie KitchensKevin StefanskiMIN OC
Houston OilersN/AJosh McDanielsPatriots OC

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-12-2020 at 10:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »