So after my UNC dynasty got corrupted, I decided to reboot my Westlake State Dynasty.
Sliders And Settings
- Cajunomics' 2016-17 roster as a base.
- Heisman of course, slightly tweaked version of Jkits' set as I do play with fatigue off.
- 9 minute quarters
- HFA off
- Normal coach progression. For whatever reason, hot streaks are much less common with this setting. Credit goes to JoshC for that one, it's legit, I played a season with Vanderbilt before starting this up.
- Tuscaloosa's kicking system
- I edit all Scrambling QBs who are under a 90 AWR to make them into a Balanced, less cheap sacks where they just run into the LE.
- Run/Pass D for my coach goes one tick to the left to open up the CPU pass game.
- Injury rating edits for my team.
- I also edit a lot of ratings for realism's sake, especially on CPU teams. A corner with 95 speed, man and zone, but 79 agility is useless and unrealistic, so that guy's agility will be bumped to 92 or so. Just one example.
- I will use my coordinators' playbooks as base playbooks. I can add and remove plays as I see fit, but I must maintain the base scheme. Option will be an exception should I ever get a coordinator running it.
- I will deduct 10 points from the catching ratings of my linebackers and defensive backs, in an effort to reduce my team's INT numbers. ATH will be excepted from this rule.
- I may only apply as many recruiting upgrades to my coach as equal to 2x the number of wins that I had in the previous season. A down year will then mean tougher recruiting in the following season. (Stolen from moose141, I really like this)
- "Kitchen Sink" and "Royal Treatment" may only be upgraded 2 of 3 levels.
- No cherrypicking unsigned 5 stars.
- Any player that I'm up 1000 or more points on is considered a verbal commit. I can then only spend 50 points a week on him unless my lead dips below 1000.
- After week 4, I can only add as many guys to the board as my team has prestige stars. Up until, and including week 4, I can modify the board as I see fit.
- Players in pipelines states who are 3* or lower may be scouted one time at 50%. No scouting of 4* or 5* players until they are signed or lost. Then they will be legitimate gems/busts once they are scouted after the fact. Any player may be scouted in the offseason signing period. (again stolen from moose141)
- No redshirting 5 star or JUCO recruits (bar QB, OL), and I must make an effort to play 5 star recruits.
- No redshirting anyone who would make the 2 deep depth chart. (OL, QB are exceptions as those guys don't rotate)
- I cannot persuade any player projected to go in the first 3 rounds to stay in school.
- Anyone persuaded to stay, whether transfer or draft must start or see significant reps (#2 back, nickel corner, slot WR etc.)
- Biggest one is I'm using Kawkeye's Dynamic Progression System
. This should keep my team from gaining +20 OVR within 3-4 seasons like what will usually happen in this game.
- Lastly, no gameplay or coordinator skill trees.
- I must schedule my non-conference games in advance.
- I may only schedule one "tune-up" opponent per season.
- No FCS games.
- I will be employing a system to generate suspensions, as well as preseason injuries.
- Each year, I'll be looking through the non-starting QBs for potential grad transfers. I might do this for other positions as well, but QB will be the main one.