Home

Every Kids Dream: An Option Run to The Top of College Football!

This is a discussion on Every Kids Dream: An Option Run to The Top of College Football! within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Every Kids Dream: An Option Run to The Top of College Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Oh wow. Slider changes are no joke, or maybe I just jinxed you haha. Ah well, Lobos will bounce back.
Poor decisions in the passing game continue to be a thorn, but we'll adjust. Thanks for checking in.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #50
Pro

parent22's Arena

I second young22. They were obviously a better team and they just played better. You’ll get em next time.

Last edited by parent22; 07-26-2020 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:21 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
I second young22. They were obviously a better team and they just played better. You’ll get em next time.
Their record didn't reflect their capabilites, especially with Alvarez back under center. I've also noticed, over the years, that adjustments made on the sliders are not immediate; is anyone else noticing this?

I had the same setup for Wyoming, and though I struggled, I still did ok. Then a 1-6 Utah State comes in and whips the ever-loving-hell out of my guys.

So does anyone have any thoughts on a delay in sliders "activating"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2020, 10:15 PM   #52
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyKing80
Their record didn't reflect their capabilites, especially with Alvarez back under center. I've also noticed, over the years, that adjustments made on the sliders are not immediate; is anyone else noticing this?

I had the same setup for Wyoming, and though I struggled, I still did ok. Then a 1-6 Utah State comes in and whips the ever-loving-hell out of my guys.

So does anyone have any thoughts on a delay in sliders "activating"?
LOL! Sometimes this game just plays very funky. It tries to capture what college football is -- with rivalries, upsets, and other crazy things -- so it picks a "random" difficulty based on if the other team is a rival, if it's an important game, and if you're away. I feel that sliders take the backseat to this "RNG" sort of college football craziness.

With that being said, like I said before you'll slaughter them next time you play them. I love revenge games in this game -- I feel like the game knows that it's a revenge game. In my ECU dynasty I am going to crush UConn this year in my revenge game. They kept me out of a bowl, and likely shifted recruits focuses!

Still, when you're on a huge winning streak in this game, I always feel relieved when I lose. That's how I know that my sliders are on the spot.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
LOL! Sometimes this game just plays very funky. It tries to capture what college football is -- with rivalries, upsets, and other crazy things -- so it picks a "random" difficulty based on if the other team is a rival, if it's an important game, and if you're away. I feel that sliders take the backseat to this "RNG" sort of college football craziness.

With that being said, like I said before you'll slaughter them next time you play them. I love revenge games in this game -- I feel like the game knows that it's a revenge game. In my ECU dynasty I am going to crush UConn this year in my revenge game. They kept me out of a bowl, and likely shifted recruits focuses!

Still, when you're on a huge winning streak in this game, I always feel relieved when I lose. That's how I know that my sliders are on the spot.
I was kinda hoping that would be the case, and not a situation where you set the sliders and the game just plays one way from there on out. I'm not an elite-level player on this game, despite playing the series for two decades, so shifting to Heisman, after a six month absence from the game, is certainly more challenging for me than it probably is for gamers like Young and Moose, but I do like the challenge. It's kinda satisfying when you hit a great pass with the sliders weighted against you, cause you know you're doing so with an increased level of difficulty. Of course, then your next three plays get blown up, but c'est la vie.

Thanks for the feedback, Parent.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #54
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

That image that you screenshotted in game that is part of the "Thorough Beating" headline is spectacular, haha. Talk about a perfect image for the game story.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 08-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
That image that you screenshotted in game that is part of the "Thorough Beating" headline is spectacular, haha. Talk about a perfect image for the game story.
Thanks for the praise, Moose. That means a lot coming from a Dynasty legend such as yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #56
Rookie

Matchup Preview *|* November 2, 2013
@
New Mexico Lobos
(6-1, 3-0 Away)
San Diego State Aztecs
(4-3, 3-1 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
27.6Points Per Game28.1
381.7Total Offensive Yards394.1
212.4Passing Yards238.1
169.3Rushing Yards155.10
Defensive Stats Comparison
18.28Points Per Game21.42
270.6Total Yards Allowed340.6
205.9Passing Yards Allowed188.3
64.7Rushing Yards Allowed152.3
Injury Report
Ben Mitchell/Torn Quad
Questionable
Ken Browning/Pulled Groin
Probable

D.J. Robinson/Broken Ribs
Questionable
Game Notes
The Aztecs of San Diego State and the Lobos of New Mexico clash in a Mountain West Conference game in Qualcomm Stadium this Saturday night. This should be the toughest game for either team thus far, as both teams nearly mirror one another on offense and defense, with the lone exception being the Lobos #1 ranking in defending the rush.

The Lobos need a conference win to stay just behind Mountain Division leaders, Boise State and Air Force, while San Diego State needs this win to avoid slipping to 1-3 in conference play and dropping to 5th place in the West Division.

Lobos Head Coach, Justin Simmons, said yesterday, "We'll need our offense to return to 'keep away ball', which we've gotten away from in recent games. The Aztecs are too good on offense to let them have possession more than a few times, so we're gonna try to slow the game down, limit it to only a handful of possessions, and try to keep their offense off the field."

ESPN Analyst, Kirk Herbstreit, favors the visiting Lobos in this game, who are reeling from their firt loss of the season to Utah State. San Diego State has lost two straight, surrendering 31 points in both losses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »