Home

Rebuilding America's Team: A Cowboys Franchise

This is a discussion on Rebuilding America's Team: A Cowboys Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2020, 01:02 AM   #1
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Rebuilding America's Team: A Cowboys Franchise

Cowboys-Web-Page

Jerry Jones Hires GM for Struggling Cowboys

--Owner Jerry Jones announced today that he would be stepping back from day to day personnel decisions, hiring coach Mel Bertrand as General Manager.

"I don't believe that I have made any bad decisions since becoming the owner of this franchise. However, selling my soul for those three Super Bowl titles in the '90s have caused us some bad luck as of late. To be quite honest we have to get back to being competitive. I think Mel can get us there.
He has the fire, the drive and the work ethic to get us to the promised land."

What are Mel Bertrand's qualifications?

"Hey. Don't question my decision making", Jones said. "Remember, I don't make mistakes. Other people do."

Bertrand will have a tough job ahead of him for 2002. The Cowboys went 5-11 last year and finished in last place in the NFC East. With no answers at quarterback, an aging backfield and a coaching staff that has difficulties finding success, Bertrand says he is the man for the job.

"I want to thank Mr. Jones for giving me this opportunity. Being the GM of America's Team is an extraordinary feeling. I want this team to be relevant again. I know Cowboy's fans do. When the Cowboys are competing, the entire league gets a boost. Let me be clear. As of right now, nobody is secure in their spot. The best guys will play, no matter who it is."

System: PC
Game: Madden 08
Difficulty: All Pro
Rosters: 2002-2003 Season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 02:00 AM   #2
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Re: Rebuilding America's Team: A Cowboys Franchise

Cowboys-Web-Page

2002-Cowboys-Roster

Head Coach: Dave Campo

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 10-16-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #3
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

2002-Cowboys-Preseason-Preview

--Expect some competition for jobs this preseason as the Cowboys have a new General Manager at the helm. With Mel Bertrand now in the seat guiding this team, Dave Campo can consider himself already in the hot seat. Unless Campo can bring some positive results to this franchise, and fast, the Cowboys should be looking for a new head coach in the offseason. Though Bertrand stated that there would be no jobs safe on this roster, here are some positions that you should keep an eye on in the preseason.

Quarterback

Dave Campo has already announced that there will be a three way competition for starting quarterback. Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson and Clint Stoerner will all have the opportunity to show Bertrand and Campo that they have what it takes to lead this team. Consider Carter the leader going into the preseason, though Campo has already stated that Hutchinson will start game one against the Colts.

Halfback

Emmitt Smith has been the workhorse for this franchise for so long that he is starting to become a liability. With Jerry Jones being loyal to the future Hall of Famer, Smith will probably retire a Cowboy. However, would Bertrand pull the trigger and start Troy Hambrick instead? He is not as talented a Smith, but has younger legs and could be the key to this franchise going forward.

Center

The battle for the starting center position between Matt Lehr and Tyson Walter should be a good one. Both players are so close in talent, it will literally be a coin flip. With inexperienced quarterbacks at the helm, count on whoever is opening more holes for the running game to have the advantage in this battle.

Right Guard

Andre Gurode and Ross Tucker will battle it out to see who is going to start at right guard. Expect Gurode to have the advantage, considering that he is a rookie and has a bigger upside. Unless Gurode has a major meltdown at the position, it is his.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 10-16-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #4
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Need to get a better QB in big D. Looking forward to this
Old 10-16-2020, 04:59 PM   #5
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

2002-Cowboys-Preseason-Results

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 10-16-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2020, 05:01 PM   #6
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Need to get a better QB in big D. Looking forward to this
Def looking for a better QB in the offseason. Jake Plummer should be coming up for the Cardinals, Griese for the Broncos, and there's always the likes of Carson Palmer in the draft.

Thanks for following!
Old 10-16-2020, 07:19 PM   #7
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Cowboys-Web-Page

2002-Cowboys-Schedule
Old 10-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #8
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

2002-W1-Preview

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 10-16-2020 at 07:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »