Home

The WAC is Back--NCAA14

This is a discussion on The WAC is Back--NCAA14 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2020, 03:36 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The WAC is Back--NCAA14

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I like the decision to bring in the teambuilder schools, I only brought in Kalispell and now I wish I brought in more haha. I like your realignments for the big 10 and the big 12, I think I'm going to steal those as I was planning on doing a substantial realignment after the first season of my dynasty anyway.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah I just never understood why West Virginia would go to the Big 12. Also another reason why I like 12-14 team conferences for the Power-5 is so that they have true Championship games. The Big 12 sorta gets screwed over in the BCS ratings if their champion finishes 3rd and doesn't play yet a Big Ten or Pac-12 team finishes 4th and does play a extra game and then jumps them in the ratings.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #18
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Love the creativity of this file! Will be exciting to see how all of these teams end up shaking out as far as talent goes. Also, that screenshot of the Northern Colorado player in the white uniform is sick, awesome unis... how do they look in game? Any screenshots?

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 07-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Love the creativity of this file! Will be exciting to see how all of these teams end up shaking out as far as talent goes. Also, that screenshot of the Northern Colorado player in the white uniform is sick, awesome unis... how do they look in game? Any screenshots?
Sadly none of these teams are ones I created, so uniforms and the amount of options are not as nice as real life unit's. I have zero experience using the editor but might have to try and figure it out.

Well on paper UNC has loads of talent this year, they have thr most Seniors and will have the most turnover. I havnt really posted my recruiting restrictions yet but far I only allowing my self 1-3 star in the Top-500 outside Colorado. I have no restrictions on instate kids cause I figure I have, 3 other schools in a pretty small state going after the Top talent. Everyone else has go be outside the Top-500 and must have me in their Top-10 until I get to the off-season. Then I can look at a possible Top 300-500 player if they have no scholarships as long as it's to fill a need (example my HB recruit signed somewhere else last minute and now I am scrambling to find a replacement). So far I am liking the struggle. Its going to force me to Recruit guys rated 60-65 vs 70-75 and really my depth and maybe even allow some guys to play both ways or multiple roles.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:15 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

TOP-25 PRESEASON POLL

#1 LSU
"Can the Defending Champs win without Burrow at QB?

#2 Ohio State
"Fields will look to lead the Buckeyes to a Natty and himself a Heisman if he can"

#3 Clemson
"Trevor Lawrence will look to showcase himself as the #1 pick in next year's draft"

#4 Oklahoma
"Can the Sooners replace all that NFL talent and stay elite?"

#5 Georgia
"The Bulldogs face a huge test Week 1 taking on Clemson"

#6 Florida
"Just how good is J. Trask.. We will find out Week 2 when the Gators taken on Auburn"

#7 Oregon
"In this fake dynasty world, QB Justin Herbert returns along with RB C. Verdell, the Ducks backfield is among the nation's best"

#8 Baylor
"How long will the Bears keep their HC in this dynasty?"

#9 Auburn
"How good is Bo Nix another question that could be answered in Week 2."

#10 Alabama
"Just how far up the rankings will the Tide roll?"

#11 Wisconsin
"The Badgers kick things off Week 1 vs #14 Notre Dame in a Big Ten showdown"

#12 Utah
"Can the Utes take the Pac-12 crown or will the Ducks return of Herbert be their demise?"

#13 Penn State
Just how good is QB S. Clifford"

#14 Notre Dame
"The Irish get thrown straight into the fire Week 1 vs Wisconsin.

#15 Memphis
"Is the Tigers the best non Power-5 in football?

#16 Minnesota
"The Big Ten is packed this year. Just how good are the Gophers?

#17 Michigan
N. Eubanks is one of the best TE's in college football giving QB Dylan McCaffrey a great safety net.

#18 Boise State
"Can QB Hank Bachmeier be the next great QB or will the Broncos just lean heavy on a talented backfield led by SO George Holani, Robert Mahone and A. Van Buren.

#19 Iowa
"Another Big Ten team in the Top-25, I am shocked?"

#20 Navy
"The Midshipsmen join Army as the only 2 Independents. with only 2 games vs Top-25 opponents they easily win 10 games"

#21 USC
"The Trojans will lean heavily on RB S. Carr, as they look to become Pac-12 elite yet again"

#22 Cincinnati.
"Tigers or Bearkats. Will be interesting to see if either ends up high ranked then BSU"

#23 Air Force
"Sorta a surprise. Can the Falcons beat the Broncos and become MWC Champs?

#24 Oklahoma State
"The Cowboys look great on paper, but can they beat their instate rivals?"

#25 SMU
"Led by former Texas QB S. Buechele, will be intersting to see just how good he is and did Texas make a mistake letting him go so easily..
Old 07-20-2020, 07:26 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 1 WEEKLY RECAP

TOP-25

The Top-25 saw some major changes in Week 1 as several Top-ranked teams squared off.

#1 LSU took on TCU at home and fell in a major upset (17-13) falling to #13 in the polls, well TCU jumps to #18.

#3 Clemson took on #5 Georgia in the "Border War" with the Bulldogs coming out on top (26-21). With the loss the Tigers drop to #10 in the polls, well Georgia jumps up to #2

#11 Wisconsin gave #14 Notre Dame a rude welcoming to the Big Ten beating the Irish (27-20). With the win the Badgers jump to #8 in the polls well the Notre Dame drops to #14.

#16 Minnesota had a tough start to the season falling to UNLV (38-24) and dropping out of the Top-25.

#22 Cincinnati's National Title dreams are already over as they too fall in Week 1 and are out of the Top-25, losing to Purdue (28-21)

#7 Auburn kicked off their season with a (14-10) win over Washington State as they hope to continue their winning ways next week against #4 Florida.

#12 Utah beat instate rival Utah State (20-13) and moves up 1 spot to #11

#17 Michigan kicked off their season with a (41-20) win over Central Michigan.

#18 Boise State keeps their National Title dreams alive with a (32-26) win over Washington. The Broncos will take on Idaho State (FCS) next week as they look to go 2-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2020, 01:35 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BEARS OPEN SEASON WITH A WIN!!

Coach Ed McCaffrey and the Northern Colorado Bears kicked off the season with a nice (27-21) win over UNLV in Week 2 picking up the schools first ever Div I win..

UNLV opened the game scoring on a 1 yd TD run by A. Rodgers to make it (7-0) but the Bears answered back as SR QB S. Lobato finds WR/TE W. Lolotia on a 4 yd score and then with 1:26 to play in the 1st Quarter SR RB Tromaine Dennis scores from 6 yds out to make it (14-7).

UNCO would add to the lead making it (24-7) at the half as SR PK D. Eden drills a 45 yd kick and Lobato goes back to the air finding SR WR Will Jefferson on a 2 yd slant.

UNLV would cut the lead to (24-21) midway through the 3rd Quarter as backup QB M. Gilliam goes to the air and hooking up with T. Collins (35 yds) and C. Williams (32 yds) for scores, but with 1:42 to play Eden drills a 32 yd FG to give the Bears the 6 point lead.

A UNLV fumble would lead to a UNCO recovery and the Bears would run out the clock for the win..

KEY PLAYERS
QB S. Lobato-21/35 265 yds 2 TD
RB C. Rettick-20 carries 69 yds
RB T. Dennis-5 carries 42 yds 1 TD
WR J. Davis-7 rec 121 yds
WR W. Jefferson-3 rec 29 yds 1 TD
WR/TE W. Lolotai-3 rec 42 yds 1 TD
TE A. Wilbers-4 rec 51 yds

UP NEXT

Northern Colorado will face another Mountain West team in Week 3 as they take on Colorado State in their home opener. The Ram's are off to a 0-2 start falling to Colorado in Week 1 and then to UTEP in Week 2.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #23
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

What kind of offense will you be running this time around? Still in the Air Raid, or a more traditional spread look?

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 07-21-2020, 02:55 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
What kind of offense will you be running this time around? Still in the Air Raid, or a more traditional spread look?
Havn't completely settled on a offense yet. but so far I am messing around with Nevada's Pistol Playbook but also trying to mix in some Pro playbook plays as well.

I really want to stay away from Run and Shoot/Air Raid. I feel it's to easy to just go out and throw the ball 50 times a game and score alot of points. Going to try and see if I can run a more balanced attack but also wanted to stay away from the Multiple/Spread plays I ran with BSU/Oregon/Auburn/Georgia State in my previous dynasty.

I don't want to be a Triple Option attack like Navy/Georgia Tech, but I would like to bring back maybe some old school formations like the Wishbone,Maryland I attacks from back in the day like Nebraska use to run, however this year I can't really do alot of that cause the starting QB is a pocket passer with limited speed. The kid I redshirted and the 2 guy's I am recruiting both will have 70-75 speed which would allow some more option runs.

Thanks for checking in...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »