Home

Pennsylvania A&T (NCAA 14 Teambuilder Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Pennsylvania A&T (NCAA 14 Teambuilder Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2016, 11:42 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Pennsylvania A&T (NCAA 14 Teambuilder Dynasty)

Pennsylvania A&T
An NCAA Football 14 dynasty

I've really wanted to start a dynasty with a teambuilder team for awhile now and I've finally got my itch back in this game. I've made this team and it is the worst team in the game by several OVR points. I am happy with the starting point. *DISCLAIMER: Every name on this team, including coaches is fake names. Many will be given creative storyline's/backstories.

Goal: To take as long as humanly possible to put a successful product on the field. This game is too easy to be successful within 3-4 years. I truly want to go 0-12 this first year; however, knowing how long I’ve been playing this game I’m sure that I’m going to squeak one or two out in my first season.

Honestly, like Hellisan has said, I am doing this for myself as a "journal" of sorts. I've tried my hand at dynasty reporting before and had fun with it but tried to go too fast. I feel like I have a solid idea in place to keep this fresh for me. I hope people enjoy it. I will mostly stick to game reports but will definitely add in some stories here and there.

A heads-up in that this will be a slow-moving dynasty. I currently work in West Virginia while my PS3 is at home in PA. I am currently on Xmas break so this gives me the chance to get things started and I am really excited to get going.

Console: PS3
Difficulty: Heisman (OFF/DEF)
Rosters: I will be playing this starting in the 2013-14 season. I am so unsure of who's roster I have, it been so long since I've downloaded it.
Sliders/House Rules: J-Kits NCAA Football Sliders for now
Quarter Length: 8 mins
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 52

Guidelines
Spoiler

*Please refrain from posting until I make a few announcements. Thanks

Last edited by Bigsheen; 01-13-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 11:55 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Pennsylvania A&T (NCAA 14 Teambuilder Dynasty)

August 2009 - LANCASTER, Pa. - The state of Pennsylvania has announced the approval of a new land-grant university. Pennsylvania Agricultural and Technical (Pennsylvania A&T) State University received a unanimous decision on the acceptance.

The Lancaster based university is set to open doors in August of 2011. The startup will offer 15 majors of study, including Engineering Physics. With a two-year startup date, applications will begin to be accepted within the new year.

The school received an early endowment of $75 million from various donors. Officials are hopeful for another $25 to $30 million in the next two academic cycles. Ground is expected to be broken immediately with the campus set to be placed on the old Meadia Heights Golf Club grounds. The course recently went under and the 65 acres had been for sale for over 6 months.

The administrators announced the inclusion of 18 varsity sports. They did not give an exact list but noted football would be one of them. Mascot, logo, classification, etc. is expected to be announced in the coming days.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:50 AM   #3
MVP

August 2009 - LANCASTER, Pa. - On Wednesday, Dr. Theo McCann, the inaugural president of the newly announced Pennsylvania Agricultural & Technical (Penn A&T) University, held a press conference to announce the school’s athletic director along with their mascot and logo.

McCann started the presser by introducing Daniel Van Horne, 60, as Athletic Director for Penn A&T and will begin his duties immediately. Van Horne, of Philadelphia, then helped announce the school will be using the nickname of the “Fightin Dutchmen.”

“We used a marketing firm with survey groups to come up with this mascot and logo. We believe in the history and culture that this area is known for and we believe in the namesake of our athletic department,” McCann stated.

The two also announced that the school has worked with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) officials in Indianapolis and have decided that with the schools already strong financial backing that their participation will be in Division 1 as an Independent to begin. Along with their classification as an Independent, they must enter a two-year probationary period with which no contests can be played due to the NCAA’s academic monitoring process.

With the school set to open in 2011, the earliest any team can begin competition would be the fall of 2013.

All head coach positions should be posted with the launch of the schools website in the coming days and national searches will be conducted for every job.

---------------------------------------
Not that there is a whole lot to talk about yet but feel free to post if you'd like.

Last edited by Bigsheen; 12-19-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:50 AM   #4
MVP

Pennsylvania A&T Football Archives

Dynasty Archives

Record Book
Spoiler

2013 Season
Spoiler

2014 Season
Spoiler

2015 Season
Spoiler

2016 Season
Spoiler

**END TIM KEYSER ERA**
**BEGIN KIRK CIARROCCA ERA**

Last edited by Bigsheen; 09-09-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #5
MVP

Keyser named Penn A&T football coach

January 2010 - LANCASTER, Pa. - Pennsylvania A&T Athletic Director Dan Van Horne introduced Tim Keyser as the man in charge of starting the football program for the new institution.

Keyser, 45, comes to Penn A&T from NCAA Division II West Chester. Keyser has served as the Golden Rams’ Offensive Coordinator for each of the last three seasons.

Van Horne gave a bid of confidence to the first-time head coach. “Tim understands what it takes to manage scholarships at a high level along with what it takes to recruit successful student-athletes. I fully entrust him with the keys to our brand new program,” he said.

This past season, Keyser led West Chester to finish their season with a 7-4 record in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC).

“I’ve been recruiting in Pennsylvania for about 10 years now, so maintaining those connections is extremely vital. I am ready to take on this new challenge and chapter of my career and life,” said Keyser. “I know there are going to be some rough patches ahead and Dan knows that as well, which is why I think this was so enticing for me because we are on the same page.”

Once Keyser assembles a staff, they have the tough task of recruiting players to show up on campus just to practice (for now) along with their academic duties. He has 18 months to develop his plan and begin the process for football to be played in Fall 2013.

And so we mark the beginning of Penn A&T Fightin' Dutchmen football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 12:21 AM   #6
MVP

Quick facts about Lancaster

-Founded in 1729
-Located in South Central Pennsylvania, population of about 59,000 (metropolitan area is well over 500,000)
-A part of the slowly dwindling "Pennsylvania Dutch Country"
-The city is located about 34 miles southeast of Harrisburg, 70 miles west of Philadelphia, 55 miles north-northeast of Baltimore and 87 miles northeast of Washington, D.C.
-Original home of the Peeps Easter candy
-Many bars, boutiques, family businesses, etc. have begun to sweep into the area as a revitalization project

Famous names from Lancaster

-Steve Van Buren (NFL Hall of Famer)
-James Buchanan (15th President of the US)
-Jim Furyk (PGA Golfer)
-Dan Krieder (Former NFL Fullback)

More INFO on Lancaster
Old 12-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #7
MVP

Fast forward into the future, circa May 2011

Penn A&T Football Head Coach Tim Keyser has announced how he will round out his staff. Below are he and his staff along with basic information. They have been on campus for some time now, but the moves were just now made official due to the school set to open its doors in just a few months.

Position Coaches:
QB Coach: Jeff Potter
RB/TE Coach: Vaughn Trotman (age 31, New York, NY)
WR Coach: David Houston (age 30, Rumney, NH)
OL Coach: Jason Collins (age 37, Clarksburg, WV)
DL Coach: Chris Bouton (age 40, Louisville, KY)
LB Coach: Cyril Foster (age 50, Camden , NJ)
DB Coach: Darin Lucas (age 54, Brooklyn, NY)
Special Teams Coach: Clay Anderson (age 28, Providence, RI)
Recruiting Coordinator: James Winn (age 40, Groton, CT)

With school beginning in late August, it is rumored they will not field a team in the fall for practice; however, they will start with whatever players they can field for spring practice. With the start of school, they will begin recruiting heavily in PA, MD, DE, and NJ among others.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:10 PM   #8
MVP

Bump. Will probably be doing a little more time skipping just to move onto the actual dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »