Home

The Heights / dfsjunkie's BC Eagles

This is a discussion on The Heights / dfsjunkie's BC Eagles within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Heights / dfsjunkie's BC Eagles

Love seeing all the old names. I grew up in Idaho and am 4 years older then Cody Pickett. I actually dated a girl who lived on the same road he grew up on.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:35 PM   #34
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0

Loving the graphics!
Old 10-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #35
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Love seeing all the old names. I grew up in Idaho and am 4 years older then Cody Pickett. I actually dated a girl who lived on the same road he grew up on.
Wow, that's pretty cool. I don't really remember him that much, but love seeing the other familiar names and reminiscing as well. Makes it more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Loving the graphics!
Thanks man, appreciate it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2020, 10:13 AM   #36
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

GameDay Diary

1st Quarter

KICKOFF: Opening kickoff goes to Wake Forest.

8:56: On the first play of the game, FS TJ Starcil grabbed the face mask of Wake Forest's Chris Barclay to forfeit 15 yards right away. Not a good start for the BC faithful.

4:36: Lining up for a long field goal, the Eagles committed a costly false start to back them out of field goal range, forcing the punt. Another penalty here costs BC from putting their first points of the season on the board.

1:24: Wake goes three-and-out for the third straight time. Boston College's D' continues to stifle the predictable play calling of the Demon Deacons. For some reason, Wake continues to pound the ground from the Maryland-I and Pro-I formations despite boasting speedy receivers -- failing to take advantage of the mismatches on the outsides. With the weapons they have at wideout, running out of the shotgun would probably work better. Let's see if they make any adjustments.

END OF FIRST: All squared up at 0-0...

2nd Quarter

8:54: Peterson completes a short pass to TE Ryan to pick up the fourth down conversion at mid-field. At this point the Eagles' QB has completed three consecutive passes as his team starts picking up momentum in front of the home crowd.

8:07: And just like that the Eagles get knocked back two yards and misfire on two passes to bring up a 4th-and-12. Punt!

5:06: The Eagles storm back, picking up a few first downs, but a couple drops by WR Challenger and WR Lily stunt their progress. No worries though because they made it down to Wake's 22-yard line and are set to kick the field goal to take the lead... Nope. Wide right...

3:11: BC takes over at the 30-yard line. Peterson strikes Challenger for a quick first down. Peterson drops back, fires... intercepted! The Eagles are controlling the game at this point, but they just can't execute to put points on the board.

HALFTIME: Still tied at 0-0.

3rd Quarter

KICKOFF: BC receives the kick.

6:43: As quickly as they received it, they punted it away. Wake Forest takes over at the Eagles' 38-yard line.

5:13: Fresh off a third-and-nine completion to move the sticks, Randolph hands it off to Barclay on first down. He cuts it up the gut through a rare hole, spins, and brushes off the would-be tackler and finds daylight for a 24 yard score to put the Demon Deacons on the board and give them the lead. Wake 7, BC 0

3:19: After a quick three-and-out for the Eagles, Wake Forest takes over in BC territory. A quick option pass play secures them a spot on the 8-yard line. First, a quick burst up the middle from Barclay. Four yards, now second-and-goal from the 4. Next, Wake's signal caller Randolph sneaks through the line for a four-yard TD to give Wake back-to-back scores. Wake 14, BC 0

END OF THIRD: Wake in the lead 14, 0.

4th Quarter

6:19: The Eagles make a good push to midfield, but eventually would get sacked on fourth-and-three. As of this point, the BC receivers have a total of three dropped passes, all of which would have secured first downs. Punt!

5:23: After a miraculous double-tipped-pass falls into the hands of the receiver to pick up a first down on third-and-nine, Wake hit BC with a WR screen play to run the score up once more and seemingly putting the game out of reach. Wake misses the PAT, though. Wake 20, BC 0

5:07: Two dropped passes for the Eagles, and it's time to punt again.

0:28: Once again, Wake punches their way through the middle for another rushing TD. Another missed PAT. Wake 26, BC 0

END OF GAME: Wake wins, 26-0

Old 10-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #37
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

Other than the final scoreline, everything about that game update was on point. Love the SportsCenter graphic and the running game diary, very unique and different way to cover a game!
Old 10-28-2020, 01:35 PM   #38
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Love the update.

Those games are very frustrating. You keep putting your fingers in the dam and know sooner or later it's going to burst and then there is no stopping the other team.

Good luck in the next game.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:32 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Love the writeup. That tipped pass was brutal.. Tough day for Peterson. You never like to see your QB completing less then 50% of his pass's. I know Coach want's to throw the ball, but feel bad for Knight. His talent needs to be utilitzed.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #40
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Other than the final scoreline, everything about that game update was on point. Love the SportsCenter graphic and the running game diary, very unique and different way to cover a game!
Thanks man, really appreciate it! I thought it would tell the story better than if I wrote something up out of memory or notes. I think it works better for me at least anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Love the update.

Those games are very frustrating. You keep putting your fingers in the dam and know sooner or later it's going to burst and then there is no stopping the other team.

Good luck in the next game.
Thanks! Yeah it was super frustrating not being able to score. The first half, we completely controlled the game, and I for sure thought we were going to come out with the win. They reeled off points so quickly in the second half that it honestly caught me off guard and then I started rushing plays and playing sloppy.

Props to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Love the writeup. That tipped pass was brutal.. Tough day for Peterson. You never like to see your QB completing less then 50% of his pass's. I know Coach want's to throw the ball, but feel bad for Knight. His talent needs to be utilitzed.
Thanks Deuce! Knight really struggled that game. There weren't any holes for him to run through, and I did a bad job of recognizing their defensive schemes.

Unfortunately for Peterson, I think that his low completion percentage is going to be a trend this year. He's just not really that good. QB is my top priority come time for offseason recruiting (no in-season recruiting feature in this game). It would be better if he at least had some decent wheels to scramble a little bit here and there... oh well.

Fun note about Wake: In week three (next game) they go on to pull a major upset. Makes me feel better about losing to them. Maybe they're much better than I initially thought!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »