Home

Chasing Greatness: The Coaching Career of Beau Nagurski (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Chasing Greatness: The Coaching Career of Beau Nagurski (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2020, 01:45 PM   #1
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Chasing Greatness: The Coaching Career of Beau Nagurski (NCAA 14)

Beau Nagurski’s great grandfather was Bronko Nagurski. Bronko is regarded as one of the greatest football players of all-time. The Nagurski Trophy is given out annually to the nation’s best defensive player. Beau inherited his great grandfather’s love for football, and has proven himself to be one of the brightest coaches in college football.

Beau played offensive line at the University of Minnesota, following in his great grandfather’s footsteps. He graduated in 2014 and was immediately offered a graduate assistant position with the program. In 2015 he was hired as an assistant offensive line coach at Eastern Washington University. In 2017, offensive coordinator Aaron Best was promoted to head coach and Nagurski was made the offensive line coach and run game coordinator. In 2019, Nagurski was promoted to offensive coordinator. In his first year, the Eagles had the top offense in the country, averaging 524 yards per game. Nagurski’s reputation, and family name, has made him one of the nation’s most sought after coaches in this cycle.

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-21-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2020, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Re: Chasing Greatness: The Coaching Career of Beau Nagurski (NCAA 14)

Dynasty Settings

I am playing ahead of where this dynasty is posted in hopes that it helps me create some fun story lines. I have already played the entire first season, and I'm enjoying NCAA now more than I ever have.

Difficulty: Heisman
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Injuries: On
Fatigue: Off
Home Field Advantage: Off

Slider Set: All penalties default. Most sliders set to default (changes below).
WR Catch: 25/40
Pass Coverage: 55/50
INTs: 30/30
FG Accuracy: 35/35

Recruiting Rules
Year 1 Target Rules: Nine 3 star, six 2 star, two 1 star.
Coaching skills must be alternated between game management and recruiting. Royal Treatment and Kitchen Sink skills are tied to program prestige as follows: 4 star can add 1 skill point in each skill, 5 star can add 2 skill points in each skill, 6 star can max out skills. Insta Commit only available at 5 and 6 star schools.

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-20-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:53 PM   #3
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Season Recaps
Old 12-20-2020, 01:54 PM   #4
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

After Eastern Michigan’s second straight trip to a bowl game, head coach Chris Crieghton announced that he would be resigning immediately. The university conducted a quick head coaching search and decided to make a splash, hiring the youngest head coach in the FBS by 6 years. At 28 years old, Nagurski is the youngest head coach in the modern era. After just one season as an offensive coordinator, many will question the decision to hire the youngster.

Scott Wetherbee, however, believes that Nagurski will become one of the “great coaches of our time.” He continued to state, “bringing Nagurski in for an interview was my own decision. I received a recommendation from someone I trust. Beau did not reach out to me first, but he was ecstatic when I called. His interview was the best I have ever seen.” Only time will tell if Wetherbee’s gut instinct is right on this one, but Nagurski’s first press conference was a gem as well. For a 28 year old in his first head coaching position, Nagurski handled himself eloquently at the podium, and he did not seem nervous with any questions. With such outstanding charisma it will be interesting to see how recruiting is impacted.

Eastern Michigan is located just 10 minutes away from the University of Michigan, so the school has always been viewed as a “little brother” of sorts. It is difficult to convince recruits to come play at a school in the MAC when you can basically see the “Big House” from EMU’s campus. Of course, if Nagurski can find success at EMU the larger universities will throw plenty of money his way to lure the coach out. Either way, there is a lot of excitement building in Ypsilanti.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:55 AM   #5
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Nagurski Completes Staff Hires

Eastern Michigan head coach Beau Nagurski announced his finalized staff today. As many expected, the youngest head coach in FBS has assembled a young staff. Nagurski kept much of the staff from last year, and said he feels like the coaches are on board with what he wants to accomplish.

Nate Costa joins as offensive coordinator. While young himself, Costa is well regarded amongst his peers. Nagurski will retain play calling duties in year one. Bill O'Boyle joins as offensive line coach from Kent State University.

Terence Grady will join Nagurski from Eastern Washington where he played wide receiver and take a GA role. The remainder of the GAs were already on staff when Nagurski arrived.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2020, 09:59 AM   #6
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-22-2020 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #7
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

2020 Football Roster

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-22-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #8
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Eagles Fall Short in Opener

Photo Gallery

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »