Home

"Sound the Gjallarhorn" - A Minnesota Vikings Franchise

This is a discussion on "Sound the Gjallarhorn" - A Minnesota Vikings Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2021, 09:23 AM   #73
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "Sound the Gjallarhorn" - A Minnesota Vikings Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Before I move forward with the playoffs and offseason, I would like some feedback on the reporting aspect.

I honestly have not taken as much time as I would like in the Game Day reporting, but I keep putting myself in positions where I just want to keep playing, so I will backlog myself in games, so than I feel the need to pump out a bunch of posts in a row to get caught up. I may slow down so that I can put more time into actually talking about the games, unless you guys think it is fine the way it is.

But, in general, are there things you guys would like to see more of?

Or, is there something you would like to see that I have not done yet?

Is there something you guys would eliminate?

If you guys could leave me some feedback so I can make this more enjoyable for you guys, I would appreciate it.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Operation Sports mobile app
I like reports out of games, so I can become more familiar about your vikings team and the league
Old 01-19-2021, 06:40 PM   #74
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by frappuccino
I like reports out of games, so I can become more familiar about your vikings team and the league
My plan is always to be as in depth as possible with other teams around the league, and I know I sucked at it this go around. I really think I hurt myself with playing games as quickly as I did. I just felt like I had to throw away the fluff to get myself caught up.

Starting with the 2022 season, I plan on talking a lot more about the other teams around the league. I will definitely take this advice and make it better! Thank you!

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Operation Sports mobile app

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-19-2021, 09:54 PM   #75
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Playoffs.jpg

Wild Card Weekend

PSX_20210119_202409.jpg

AFC

The Baltimore Ravens walked into Arrowhead Stadium and shut down the Kansas City Chiefs high octane offense. Lamar Jackson and Co. played the game clock game, holding onto the ball for a whopping 44 minutes, compared to Patrick Mahomes and their offense's 15 minutes. Mahomes threw for a paltry 141 passing yards, and they were forced to eliminate their running game to try and score quickly as the Ravens bled the clock from start to finish. Jackson completed 77% of his passes and threw for 256 yards and two touchdowns. The Honey Badger was able to pick off Jackson, but it did little to turn the momentum of the game around as the Ravens won 21-7.

The 2020 #1 Overall Pick Joe Burrow carried the Cincinnati Bengals into Gillette Stadium, hoping to turn the teams fortunes around. Despite his heroics during the game, with 288 yards and two touchdowns, two interceptions doomed the squad. Cam Newton carried the New England Patriots with 291 yards and two touchdowns, and running backs Damien Harris and Sony Michel rushed for a touchdown each as the team ran for another 100 yards. The Patriots won 35-17.

Drew Lock, a surprise MVP candidate, led the Denver Broncos to a surprise year, one win away from winning the AFC West over the Chiefs. It appeared that the Jacksonville Jaguars brought Lock back down to earth, taking a 14-9 lead into the fourth quarter. However, Lock proved the heroics were not over, scoring 15 unanswered points in the fourth behind his 374 passing yards, leading the Broncos to a 24-14 win.

NFC

"Washed up", "His Windows Closed." Green Bay Packers start Aaron Rodgers proves every year that those who doubt him look stupid. From start to finish, Rodgers showed why he is a First Ballot Hall-of-Famer, throwing for five touchdowns with the help of star receiver Davante Adams. The New Orleans Saints star back Alvin Kamara did his part, running for over 100 yards, but Brett Hundley's big season came to a close, with him barely throwing for 200 yards as the Packers win 35-21.

Matt Ryan's Atlanta Falcons came in having already defeated Tom Brady's Tampa Bay Buccaneers twice this year. Ryan went on to throw for 370 yards, but three interceptions turned his big day into an even bigger day for the Buccs Defense, allowing Brady to once again eliminate Ryan from the playoffs. The Buccs win 34-20.

The Washington Redskins did not even show up to their have against the Seattle Seahawks. Despite Russell Wilson's pedestrian game, throwing for 238 yards and a touchdown, Jameis Winston would one up him, throwing for 98 yards and an interception. These 98 yards, combined with 95 rushing yards, were less than what Wilson put up by himself. The Seahawks win this one 25-10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2021, 11:04 PM   #76
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Playoffs.jpg

Divisional Round

PSX_20210119_222857.jpg

AFC
Baker Mayfield has done his part in putting the Cleveland Browns on the right side of history. A season after the media talked about his days as a Brown coming to an end, Mayfield led the Browns to a first round bye week. It would be needed to slow down the Baltimore Ravens generational talent at quarterback, Lamar Jackson. The Browns Defense shut down Jackson on the ground and forced him to use his arm, which was crucial in ending the Ravens season. Mayfield threw for 373 yards and two touchdowns as the Browns routed the Ravens, 27-10.

Drew Locks dream season continued as the Denver Broncos entered the New England Patriots home, and thanks to Lock and Melvin Gordon III, they will face off against the Browns as Cam Newton's arm was not enough to carry the Patriots offense, as their running game was shut down. The Broncos would go on to win 31-24.

NFC

Age knows no limits with Tampa Bay Buccaneers Quarterback Tom Brady. He leads the Buccs against the top seeded San Francisco 49ers, and one of Brady's many backups in New England, Jimmy Garappolo. The savior of San Francisco once again comes up second fiddle, as Brady throws for 309 yards and two touchdowns to push the Buccs past the 49ers 24-21.

While youth prevails in the AFC, the grizzled veterans duke it out in the NFC. Aaron Rodgers, leading the Green Bay Packers against Russell Wilson's Seattle Seahawks, looks to prove Tom Brady.. I mean "Father Time" wrong by continuing to defy his doubters. Four quarters, 343 yards, and four touchdowns later, he did just that. Unfortunately for Wilson, his 326 yards and three touchdowns was just not enough for the Seahawks, as their run game faltered, and Green Bay's complemented their passing attack. The Packers would pick up the win, 49-31.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:25 PM   #77
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Playoffs.jpg

Conference Championship Preview

AFC

PSX_20210120_130349.jpg

The Youth Revolt

One game away from one of two young, exciting quarterbacks making their first Super Bowl start. Drew Lock, ready to lead the Denver Broncos to another Super Bowl in their storied history. Baker Mayfield, ready to take the Cleveland Browns to the big game for the first time in team history.

Both quarterbacks were on the hot seats prior to the year, with the expectation that if they did not lead their teams to the playoffs, they would be looking for a new team for the 2022 season. Now, they both sit one game away from representing the AFC on the grandest stage of them all.

NFC

PSX_20210120_130408.jpg

The Classic Cars

From two quarterbacks with no Super Bowl experience, to Tom Brady, the quarterback with the most Lombardi Trophies in NFL History with six. Aaron Rodgers is no stranger, defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in his lone appearance. A combined 82-yesrs-old, these two look to put themselves in position to end their career like many stars before them, winning the big one.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:15 PM   #78
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Playoffs.jpg

Conference Championship Round

PSX_20210120_212819.jpg

AFC

Heading into halftime, Baker Mayfield had the Cleveland Browns two quarters away from their first Super Bowl appearance. With a 28-7 lead at the half, it was the Browns game to lose. 30 minutes later, Drew Lock had the Denver Broncos heading to the Super Bowl for the first time since Peyton Manning took them in 2016.

Mayfield threw two interceptions in the second half, corner Amani Oruwariye grabbing them both, giving the Broncos the chance to come back. Melvin Gordon helped Lock by running for two touchdowns as the Browns collapsed in the second half.

The Broncos head to the Super Bowl, defeating the Browns 35-30.

NFC

In just three games, Aaron Rodgers set an NFL record by throwing for 13 touchdowns in those three games, playing a huge in the Green Bay Packers defeat of Tom Brandy's Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Despite statistically out playing the Packers, the Buccaneers could not capitalize on the touchdown category. Brady threw for just one touchdown, but no interceptions. The single turnover, a fumble by Ronald Jones II, was the determining factor of the game.

The Packers defeated the Buccs 28-21.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:34 PM   #79
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Super Bowl.jpg

NFL MVP Rodgers Wins Second Championship

PSX_20210120_221557.jpg

Aaron Rodgers completed his record breaking post season, throwing for 17 touchdowns in route to his second Super Bowl win with the Green Bay Packers. Drew Lock did his best to keep the Denver Broncos in it, but a field goal instead of a touchdown in the red zone and an interception proved costly.

A.J. Dillon took the lead on the ground for the Packers, picking up 55 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries. The Broncos rotated between three backs, but none of them could punch it in for the Broncos.

The Packers win 35-24.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:59 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't think there's a soul out there who thought Denver would have a chance haha. Interesting to see Denver in the big game, I feel like many hyped them up in real life before this season and we saw where that went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Before I move forward with the playoffs and offseason, I would like some feedback on the reporting aspect.

I honestly have not taken as much time as I would like in the Game Day reporting, but I keep putting myself in positions where I just want to keep playing, so I will backlog myself in games, so than I feel the need to pump out a bunch of posts in a row to get caught up. I may slow down so that I can put more time into actually talking about the games, unless you guys think it is fine the way it is.

But, in general, are there things you guys would like to see more of?

Or, is there something you would like to see that I have not done yet?

Is there something you guys would eliminate?

If you guys could leave me some feedback so I can make this more enjoyable for you guys, I would appreciate it.
Honestly, I enjoy your game recaps. Maybe mix in a quote or two from a player/coach? Those are always nice for readers to try and develop a "relationship" with the players in the franchise/dynasty, which in turn helps them come back for more. You have a nice mix of imagery and information, nothing too overboard, nothing too skimpy. Just my $.02!

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »