Home

A New Era of College Football-NCAA14

This is a discussion on A New Era of College Football-NCAA14 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
A New Era of College Football-NCAA14

Intro

For many of you my username might look familiar. I have been around the boards since 2007, starting with College Hoops. Career changes and new hobbies took me away from posting threads the past couple of years, but with winter coming outside and yet another job change, and the fact that I have come to realize we will never get College Football or Basketball on the XBOX One, has led me to bring the 360 out of retirement.

I am old school (probably cause I am old, 43 this Feb) so don't expect to see lots of great graphics with Photoshop and capture cards and what not. This tread will be pretty basic, but I have found that it's become impossible for me to be able to play a coaching dynasty without sharing it with someone. I will try my best to give you enough info to feel like you can be invested and feel its worth you time to stop, read and follow along.

My plan for my posts will be more of as a sports/media member of the school then as one of the actual coaches. So instead of me getting a job offer to go from a Offense Coordinator or DC to a Head Coach, my plan is to stay at a school until I feel a desire to play with someone else, then it would be my character getting a new opportunity to report on that new team.

I am pretty sure I have the school picked up that I will start with. My plan is to play probably at least half the games with the other half being simmed, but I will still report on them based on how I feel the game played out in my head. If the school manages to make a conference championship or bowl game I will most likely always play those.

Settings

Roster
I am running with original rosters with auto name. I might occasionally make a reference about a player actually being similar to their real life counterpart. But I don't plan on using real names in my posts other then referencing Coaches.

Recruiting

I can recruiting anyone who has my current team interest at a Top-3 team regardless of location at the start of the season.

I can recruit anyone who is a 3* or less if they are in a Pipeline State or in my Top-5 at the start of the season and I can recruit 1 and 2* recruits if they are in neighboring states in which I am trying to setup as Pipeline states.

Player scouting will the following week of a players visit to the campus.

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS
It's been 2 years since I have played this game, on a regular basis, so I will most likely be looking at current threads to build my slider and gameplay settings from, to give me a challenging game.

I am going to be doing a massive ReAlignment of Conference and Divisions. There will be no more Power 5 Conferences.. My next post will be that ReAlignment process.

I then will be gone for the weekend, so i won't have any game posts most likely until next week.

Looking forward to spending some time on the boards again and playing some football. I have missed it. As always comments are appreciated.

DYNASTY HISTORY

Coach Vader
2013 Georgia State HC (4-8)
2014 Georgia State HC (7-6) won the Liberty Bowl
2015 Georgia State HC (9-4) lost bowl game
2016 Georgia State HC (13-1) SEC Championship and Sugar Bowl win over Indiana (42-13) JR RB Curtis Castillo finished 2nd in Heisman vote.
2017 Georgia State HC (13-1) SEC Championship, National Title #1 beat Michigan (49-30), Castillo wins Heisman with 2056 yds rushing and 26 TD.
2018 Texas State HC (8-5) lost Holiday Bowl to Arizona (38-35)
2019 Oregon Ducks HC (11-3) won MW title, beat Arizona in Rose Bowl
2020 Oregon Ducks HC (11-3) won MW title beat ASU in Rose Bowl (45-31)
2021 Oregon Ducks HC (14-0) won Pac-12 title and National Title #2 beating LSU
2022 Oregon Ducks HC (13-1) (lost to Oklahoma) won Pac-12 title beating ASU, won Rose Bowl beating Notre Dame (45-38) Drew Davis was Heisman winner.
2023-Oregon Ducks HC (14-0) won Pac-12 title beating Arizona (41-24), won National Title beating TCU (59-14) Drew Davis was Heisman winner.
2024 Oregon Ducks HC (11-2) (lost to BSU regular season) lost to LSU in Sugar Bowl.
2025 Auburn HC (7-6) lost Iron Bowl (35-21) lost to Penn State (62-56) in OT in Gator Bowl
2026 Auburn HC (10-3) won Iron Bowl (24-21) beat Iowa in Outback Bowl (38-31)
2027 Auburn HC (9-5) beat Alabama in Iron Bowl (33-27) in OT, beat G.T. for SEC title (27-17), lost to Vanderbilt (52-42) in Sugar Bowl
2028 Auburn HC (12-2) beat Alabama (38-14) in Iron Bowl, beat G.T. in SEC Championship (31-28) lost to Boise State in National Title game (44-35)
2029-

Coach Kellen Moore
2022 Boise State HC (10-3) (lost to TCU, GSU, and Oregon) beat Texas State in Alamo Bowl (48-41)
2023 Boise State HC (11-2) (lost to GSU and Oregon) beat SMU in Alamo Bowl (41-24)
2024 Boise State HC (12-2) (lost to Texas and Arkansas) beat USC to win Pac-12 title, Beat Penn State to win Rose Bowl.
2025 Boise State HC (14-0) won Pac-12 title over ASU, won National Title beating Oregon (38-28) David Robinson won Heisman
2026 Boise State HC (14-0) won Pac-12 title over Fresno State (55-17), won National Title #2 over Michigan (42-21) David Robinson won Heisman
2027 Boise State HC (14-0) won Pac-12 title over USC (45-30) beat LSU (59-31) in National Title #3 RB Blake Swan finished #3 in Heisman vote to Oregon's Mike Pino
2028 Boise State HC (14-0) won Pac-12 title over Fresno State (60-52 in OT) beat Auburn in National Title game #4 (44-35) *Auburn J. Griffin finished #2 in Heisman vote, BSU R. Lynch finished #3*
2029-

Last edited by Deuce2223; 04-20-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: A New Era of College Football-NCAA14

Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 10-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Excited to see you starting up a new project. Good to see other old guys here. Intrigued by the auto named rosters.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223

Intro

For many of you my username might look familiar. I have been around the boards since 2007, starting with College Hoops. Career changes and new hobbies took me away from posting threads the past couple of years, but with winter coming outside and yet another job change, and the fact that I have come to realize we will never get College Football or Basketball on the XBOX One, has led me to bring the 360 out of retirement.

I am old school (probably cause I am old, 43 this Feb) so don't expect to see lots of great graphics with Photoshop and capture cards and what not. This tread will be pretty basic, but I have found that it's become impossible for me to be able to play a coaching dynasty without sharing it with someone. I will try my best to give you enough info to feel like you can be invested and feel its worth you time to stop, read and follow along.

My plan for my posts will be more of as a sports/media member of the school then as one of the actual coaches. So instead of me getting a job offer to go from a Offense Coordinator or DC to a Head Coach, my plan is to stay at a school until I feel a desire to play with someone else, then it would be my character getting a new opportunity to report on that new team.

I am pretty sure I have the school picked up that I will start with. My plan is to play probably at least half the games with the other half being simmed, but I will still report on them based on how I feel the game played out in my head. If the school manages to make a conference championship or bowl game I will most likely always play those.

Settings

Roster
I am running with original rosters with auto name. I might occasionally make a reference about a player actually being similar to their real life counterpart. But I don't plan on using real names in my posts other then referencing Coaches.

Recruiting

I can recruiting anyone who has my current team interest at a Top-3 team regardless of location at the start of the season.

I can recruit anyone who is a 3* or less if they are in a Pipeline State or in my Top-5 at the start of the season and I can recruit 1 and 2* recruits if they are in neighboring states in which I am trying to setup as Pipeline states.

Player scouting will the following week of a players visit to the campus.

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS
It's been 2 years since I have played this game, on a regular basis, so I will most likely be looking at current threads to build my slider and gameplay settings from, to give me a challenging game.

I am going to be doing a massive ReAlignment of Conference and Divisions. There will be no more Power 5 Conferences.. My next post will be that ReAlignment process.

I then will be gone for the weekend, so i won't have any game posts most likely until next week.

Looking forward to spending some time on the boards again and playing some football. I have missed it. As always comments are appreciated.
As a fellow 43 year old, I'm going to live vicariously through your dynasty until I catch a break from life to have one of my own. LOL Currently coaching an elementary basketball team, 11-12 year old fall baseball team, and attending son's middle school soccer games and practices. Nearly every free second of time that I have outside of work is wiped. I'm going to count on your dynasty to get me through until late this month when I will finally have time to dive into one of my own.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

The Landscape of College Football is changing. The Power 5 is no more. Boise State fan’s won’t have to wonder what would happen if they had a chance to join the Pac-12/14.. College football buffs will no longer be able to argue if the Big Ten is better then the SEC. The Big 12 will now get to decide who really is the best team in Texas. That right folks College Football will never be the same.

No conference was left untouched in this year realignment process… 125 teams have a home with Old Dominion as the only team left in the Independent Conference. Here is a look at the new conferences. Divisional names are still being discussed (open to suggestions)

The New Pac-12
Division 1
Fresno State, San Diego State, San Jose State, Hawaii, UNLV, Nevada

“These schools have a lot of history playing one another from their days in the WAC and MW Conferences. Now the question is who will rise to the top and challenge for a Pac-12 title each year?”

Division 2
USC, Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State

“6 of the original Pac-12 teams stay former a super division and to keep rivalries intact. Will it be USC and Stanford battling it out each year or will someone else make a move”

The New Mountain West
Division 1
Oregon, Oregon State, Idaho, Boise State, Washington and Washington State.
“Can the Broncos keep pace with the likes of the Ducks and Huskies. What does this do for recruiting?”

Division 2
Utah, Utah State, BYU, Colorado, Colorado State, Air Force
“Ins-tate rivalries just went up a notch, fans are loving the new season ticket plans that include both home and away games.”

The Pac-12 and Mountain West will always be linked together as both these Conferences Champions now meeting in the Rose Bowl each year.

The New Big 12 (the Lonestar Conference)
Texas Football is considered to be the best in the nation. Now we will know who is the best in Texas.

Division 1
Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, N. Texas, UTSA, Texas State
“With the Aggies move out of the SEC, and into a conference with Texas and TTU things are heating up”

Division 2
Houston,Baylor,SMU,Rice,UTEP,TCU

“Another grouping of teams who have a lot of past history together. If Rice and UTEP can build a couple decent recruiting class’s this horse race could be won by anyone.”

The New Big Ten (now14)

Division 1
Michigan State, Michigan, Minnesota, Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Notre Dame
“On Paper this has to be the best division in college football”

Division 2
Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Tulsa, Wyoming
“Will this just be a 2 team race eacher year with the Sooners and Huskers? Or will someone step up?”

The Big 12 and Big 10/14 Champions will face off against each other in the Fiesta Bowl.

The new CUSA

Division 1
Kent State, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Ball State and Northern Illinois

“Former members of the MAC keep some rivalries going well now getting a chance to face off against some much bigger competition and a spot in a major bowl game”

Division 2
Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana

“Former Big 10 schools keep some rivalries intact well also putting themselves in position to start winning some conference titles.”

The New American
Southern Miss, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Louisville, Kentucky, W. Kentucky

Tennessee, Mid Tennessee State, Memphis, Missouri, Vanderbilt

“only 11 teams, with 5 from the Old SEC. Fee like both divisions have good balance”

The New MAC
Cincinnati, Miami OH, Toledo, Bowling Green, Akron, Temple, Ohio make up the Mid Division

With Boston College,UConn,Umass,Buffalo,Syracuse and Rutgers making up the Atlantic Division

“Right now the BCS Committee has decided that if the MAC can produce better football teams (ranked or better ratings) then those teams in the American or CUSA, the MAC will have a opportunity to grab a spot in the Orange Bowl, until then the Champions of the American and CUSA will face off in the Orange Bowl each year”

The new look ACC will now play the new look SEC in the Sugar Bowl each year. Here is a look at those 2 conferences before we finish out with the SunBelt.

ACC
Division 1
Navy, Pitt, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Marshall

Division 2
Clemson, South Carolina, ECU, Duke, Wake Forest, UNC, NC State

“Basketball fans are in tears now if this is the new look ACC, but from a Football standpoint, it’s more balanced. The question is will someone emerge to give Clemson a challenge in the Title game or is it a given Clemson will play in the Sugar Bowl every year?”

The New SEC
Division 1
Florida, Florida State, Miami FL, UCF, USF, FIU, FAU
“Who will be crowned the best in Florida?” Will UCF make the jump, will Miami return to their glory days?”
Division 2
Georgia, Georgia Tech, Georgia State, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, South Alabama
“LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn continue to keep SEC football amongst the nations best.”

And Finally the New Sun Belt.

UL Layfette
UAB
Troy
La Tech
UL Monroe

New Mexico
New Mexico State
Arkansas
Arkansas State
Tulane

"Rumors are Arkansas was hit with a 3 year recruiting penalty, and in the process lost their spot in the SEC to South Alabama. If the Razorbacks can prove they can win and become a viable team again, then they will be reinstated back into the SEC taking the place of South Alabama"

Last edited by Deuce2223; 10-07-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

History.. Typically when it comes to a Top-25 Preseason Poll, history comes into play. How did the team do the year before, does the school have a tradition of Top-25 finishes. Who won the National Title, how many players are returning, Who had the best recruiting class.

Well here is a look at this year's Top-25. Now the question is will these teams be able to duplicate history. Will schools like Boise State continue their reign in the Top-25 polls in the new look Mountain West. What about UCF will they become a power in the SEC. or what about schools like Louisville who now find themselves one of the best teams in the American.

Alabama starts the year off in the #1 spot. The Tide are coming off a SEC Championship and National Title and SR QB Luke Johnson is a lock to be drafted in the 1st Round of the NFL draft and is a Top-5 Preseason Heisman pick.

The Ohio State Buckeyes are #2. Like Alabama, the Buckeyes will rely on Heisman hopefull JR QB Cam Brown to lead the way. Most NFL scouts fill like Brown is most likely a WR at the next level but in the college game, he is one of the most explosive players on the field when he has the ball.

Stanford starts the year at #3. The Cardinals are coming off a Pac-12 title but havn't won a National title since 1940.

Texas A&M is #4. Like the Tide and Bucks, the Aggies have one a Top-5 Heisman hopeful under center. SO QB Gene Kirkly can do it all. He runs he throws and he party's. Most NFL Scouts feel he will be in the league less then 3 years if he can't control is off the field issues.

The Georgia Bulldogs are #5. Georgia hasn't won a SEC title since 2005 and their only National Title came back in 1980, but with a avg attendance of 92,000+, they are one of the toughest places to play in the nation.

The Oregon Ducks are #6 and have to be a favorite to win the new Mountain West. Like 3 schools ranked ahead of them, they have one of the nations best at QB. SO Ken Fisher comes from the Big Island of Hawaii, and has NFL scouts drooling over his potential at the next level.

Notre Dame starts the year at #7. The Irish have zero Conference titles in school history, but do have 11 National Titles to their resume, with the last coming back in 1988. Now in the Big Ten, the Irish boasts one of the hardest schedules in college football including matchups with 6 Top-25 opponents including #16 Oklahoma State, #19 Michigan and #22 Nebraska the first 3 weeks of the season.

South Carolina comes in at #8. The Gamecockz start the year with 7 games against non Top-25 opponents but a road trip in Week 9 to Georgia and a home battle with instate rival Clemson in Week 14 will be the test on where or not they can earn their first ACC title since 1969.

Clemson is #9. The Tigers will be looking for their 15th ACC title and look to challenge for a National Title something they havn't won since 1981.

Florida rounds out the Top-10. The Gators have 3 N.C.'s in school history but the last being 2008 also the last time they won the SEC. Can they end a 5 year drought.

Louisville is #11. The Cardinals will rely on Heisman hopeful JR QB Greg Harris to lead them to a 7th Conference title and hopefully break their current record of 8-8 in bowl games.

LSU is #12. The Tigers have a history of titles. 12 SEC Championships as well as 3 National Titles. They also boast the title as one of the toughest places to play in college football with over 92,000 fans packing the stands every week.

Oklahoma is #13. The Sooners have 44 Big 12 titles in school history and have won 7 National Titles dating back to 2000. However now they are in a new look Big 12 with 6 games vs Top-25 opponents this year.

Florida State is #14. The Seminoles have 13 Conference Titles and 2 National Titles, but those were back in the day's of the ACC. Now in the SEC how will they fair in their Week 4 matchup vs #1 Alabama?

Texas is #15, Like many of the schools above them, the Longhorns have a history of winning. 30 Big 12 titles, 4 National Titles, but this year they have to get by #4 TAMU if they want to add to those #'s.

Oklahoma State is #16 only has 1 Conference Title in school history winning the Big 12 2 years ago. Now in the Big 10 I am not sure their chances got any easier.

TCU starts the year at #17. The Horn Frogs have 16 Conference Titles and actually own 2 National Titles with the last back in 1938 but with the move to the Big 12, the Frogs will face 4 Top-25 opponents including #4 TAMU as well as #11 LSU and #12 Oklahoma in non-conference games.

Boise State starts the year at #18. The Broncos have made a name for themselves in the history books and despite only 35K at Bronco Stadium the Blue Turf has become known as one of the toughest places to play in college football.

Michigan is #19. The Wolverines have 42 Conference Titles and 7 National titles to their resume. Over 100k fans show up every week making The Big House the toughest place to play in college football. But this year all 4 of Michigan's Top-25 opponents on the schedule are away games including #2 OSU in Week 14

UCLA is #20. The Bruins have 17 Conference Titles to their name but the latest being 1998. They also have won a National Title but that was back in 1954.

Kansas State starts out #21. The Wildcats don't find themselves in the Top-25 often but coming off a Big 12 title and 11-2 season, K-State will hope that their success will carry over in their move to the New Big 10. However with 6 games vs Top-25 opponents this year, plus some very tough road opponents in Texas Tech, Minnesota and instate rival Kansas. It could be very hard to duplicate.

Nebraska is #22. The Cornhuskers have 43 Conference titles and 5 National titles in school history, but it's been over 14 years since their latest.

Oregon State is #23. Like K-State, you typically don't see the Beavers name associated with Top-25 rankings. OSU has 5 Pac-12 titles in school history but the last was 12 years ago. With Road games at Boise State and at Oregon, we don't expect to see the Beavers making it #6 this year.

Northern Illinois is #24. The Huskies are coming off a Conference Championship but that was in the MAC. Now in CUSA it's all ?????

Vanderbilt rounds out the Top-25 at #25. Vandy has never won a Conference title when playing in the SEC but now with the move to the American, one has to wonder. Their biggest challenge will be Louisville and maybe a road game against instate rival Tennessee.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:17 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

SEC Central announces the hiring of Sports Reporter Ryne Young to the network staff. Young comes from a past history of covering sports on the West Coast, more specifically Boise State Football and Basketball.. With the SEC currently getting a major overall of new schools including a entire division of Florida schools, many wonder which school Young will be assigned to cover....
Old 10-08-2019, 12:34 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Ryne Young asks to cover Georgia State.

As a sports reporter covering and writing articles for the #126 ranked team in college football wouldn't be at the top of any persons career goals. But when Young learned that the Panthers who are in just their 4th year of playing football was hiring Deuce Vader as their new Head Coach, Ryne knew this was the team he wanted to follow.

You see Young and and Vader have history together as Vader comes from the Boise State Bronco coaching tree. A former player who joined the staff as a grad assistant, Vader worked his way up to Wide Receivers and Quarterbacks coach.

When asked why the Georgia State program hired such a young and inexperienced coach, school A.D. Pepper Wolf said this "This young man Bleeds Blue and that's what we want from our players and from our fans. We see no reason why Georgia State can't duplicate the type of success Boise State has had on and off the field"

The Boise State "Bleed Blue" mentality is just that. Hard Blue collar work ethic and Vader plans to install that in his new program Day 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »