Home

#CHIEFSKINGDOM | Madden 22

This is a discussion on #CHIEFSKINGDOM | Madden 22 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2021, 04:58 PM   #9
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

OVR: 0
AFC Championship: Cincinnati (10-7) @ Kansas City (12-5)

Matchup Preview | January 30, 2022
@
Cincinnati Bengals
(10-7, Away)
Kansas City Chiefs
(12-5, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
392.1 (6)Total Offensive Yards409.7 (3)
26.1 (10)Points Per Game29.6 (3)
45% (20)Third Downs52% (9)
Defensive Stats Comparison
357.8 (17)Total Yards Allowed341.4 (7)
23.1 (12)Points Allowed21.7 (5)
-10 (30)Turnover Margin-1 (20)
Injury Report
Trae Waynes (shoulder)
Out
Joshua Kaindoh (quad)
Out
Akeem Davis-Gaither (knee)
Out
Jody Fortson (achilles)
Out
Xavier Su'a-Filo (back)
Out
Demarcus Robinson (foot)
Out
Cam Sample (hamstring)
Out
Anthony Hitchens (oblique)
Out
Wyatt Hubert (pectoral)
Out
Trey Smith (oblique)
Out
Old 12-01-2021, 11:12 AM   #10
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

FINAL: Cincinnati 19, Kansas City 34

Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs
Jan 30, 20221234F
Cincinnati (10-7)0271019
Kansas City (12-5)77101034
Top Performers
KC PASS: Patrick Mahomes - 20/30, 226 YDS, TD
CIN PASS: Joe Burrow - 27/47, 300 YDS, 2 TD, 2 INT
KC RUSH: Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 16 ATT, 75 YDS
CIN RUSH: Joe Mixon - 10 ATT, 46 YDS
KC RECEIVING: Tyreek Hill - 5 REC, 69 YDS
CIN RECEIVING: Tyler Boyd - 10 REC, 135 YDS
Team Stats Comparison
CINKAN
First Downs1519
3rd Down Efficiency4/134/10
4th Down Efficiency2/30/0
Total Yards211368
Passing Yards300226
Rushing Yards48142
Penalties-Penalty Yards8/434/40
Turnovers30
Time of Possession24:4535:15

KANSAS CITY (AP News Wire) For the third straight year, the Chiefs will be representing the AFC in the Super Bowl as they held off a game Bengals squad by a 34-19 score in the AFC title game. Kansas City went up 14-0, and the Bengals didn't crack the scoreboard until very late in the first half, when Darrel Williams was tackled in his own end zone for a safety following a 72-yard punt from Cincinnati punter Chris Jones that was downed inside the Kansas City one-yard line.

"We were just trying to create some room so we could kneel it down for halftime," said Andy Reid. "Obviously, it didn't quite work out that way."

Facing a third-and-five from the Cincinnati 38-yard line early in the second half up 17-3, Patrick Mahomes was chased from the pocket and had to throw it away, pushing it to fourth down. Instead of going for it up two scores, Reid opted for a 55-yard field goal that Harrison Butker pulled just to the left of the upright, and Cincinnati went on to score their first touchdown of the game, a 17-yard pass from Joe Burrow to C.J. Uzomah to pull the Bengals to within eight, but that's as close as they would get.

Cincinnati's defense forced a three-and-out on the Chiefs' next drive, but Burrow overthrew Tyler Boyd on a crossing route in Chiefs territory right into the hands of Willie Gay, who returned it 69 yards for a pick-six to put the Chiefs up 24-9. After that, the Bengals never really recovered, as Burrow would go on to turn the ball over two more times, once by a fumble, and another interception late into the fourth quarter by Gay's fellow linebacker, rookie Nick Bolton.

Burrow's fumble came after the Bengals kicked a 52-yard field goal to pull to within twelve, and the Chiefs responded with a short run by Mahomes for a score to go up nineteen and put the game largely out of reach at that point. Mahomes was brilliant, throwing for 226 yards and a touchdown on 20-of-30 passing, atoning for his two pick-six throws last week, while adding twenty-seven yards on the ground and a score.

The win sets up a rematch of last year's Super Bowl, although the Chiefs should come in much healthier on the offensive line this time around than they did last year. Guard Trey Smith, who has missed the entire postseason to date after suffering an oblique strain in the regular season finale at Denver, is expected to be back; but they'll likely be without stud rookie center Creed Humphrey, who left with a broken foot in the third quarter. Backup center Austin Blythe, who played in Super Bowl 53 with the Rams, also suffered a shoulder injury, and is listed day-to-day.

Last edited by artoodeetoo; 12-03-2021 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:55 PM   #11
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

Conference Championship Weekend Scores

Conference Championship Scoreboard
Sunday's GamesHi PassingHi RushingHi Receiving
LA Rams 28, Tampa Bay 35Tom Brady (TB) -- 363 YDSLeonard Fournette (TB) -- 48 YDSAntonio Brown (TB) -- 123 YDS
Cincinnati 19, Kansas City 34Joe Burrow (CIN) -- 300 YDSClyde Edwards-Helaire (KC) -- 75 YDSTyler Boyd (CIN) -- 135 YDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2021, 09:38 PM   #12
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

Final: NFC 34, AFC 27

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) As the third NFC quarterback of the day, Aaron Rodgers led the NFC back from a 24-17 deficit at the outset of the fourth quarter to a 34-27 win over the AFC. Rodgers completed 14-of-22 passes over the final quarter and change, throwing a touchdown pass with 14:11 to go in the fourth to his teammate, Davante Adams, and then another late touchdown that gave them the lead with less than a minute to go to Washington Football Team wideout Terry McLaurin.

Sandwiched in between those two touchdown passes were a 45-yard field goal from Carolina kicker Zane Gonzalez, and a four-yard touchdown pass from Cincinnati's Joe Burrow to Raiders receiver Hunter Renfrow. Burrow led all AFC passers with 167 yards on 13-of-19 passing, although he did throw an interception that led to the Gonzalez field goal.

Since the Pro Bowl went back to the AFC-NFC format for the 2016 game forward, the AFC has won the last four Pro Bowls prior to this year. The NFC victory is their first since 2012, when they scored the most points in Pro Bowl history (62). The 97 points scored in that game were the third-most in the history of the game, with 2011 (100) and 2003 (106) being the second-most and most, respectively.

"This was a fun matchup, and I'm glad that we were able to come out on the winning side of things," said NFC head coach Kliff Kingsbury, . "This whole week has been an experience for me, personally, as I've never been out here for this event."

It was a struggle early on for both offenses, as the AFC got out to a 7-3 lead with Lamar Jackson getting the nod for the AFC under center, with Dak Prescott getting the call for the NFC. Jackson was just 4-for-9 for fifty-six yards and a lost fumble, while Prescott was 6-for-10 with an interception.

Buffalo's Josh Allen squared off against Kyler Murray from the midway through the second quarter almost all the way through the third. Allen led scoring drives on all three possessions, with a field goal from Baltimore's Justin Tucker sandwiched in between a pair of touchdowns -- one a pass from Allen to Cincinnati's Jamarr Chase, and a touchdown run by Browns tailback Nick Chubb. Murray led a pair of scoring drives of his own, scoring on a seven-yard run, and then Zeke Elliott capping off a drive with a two-yard scoring run.

Rodgers earned the Pro Bowl MVP award for his efforts, which is the first time he's earned that honor in his distinguished career.

2021 NFL Pro Bowl Rosters
AFC OffensePosTeamNFC OffensePosTeam
Patrick MahomesQBKCTom BradyQBTB
Lamar JacksonQBBALDak PrescottQBDAL
Josh AllenQBBUFAaron RodgersQBGB
Joe BurrowQBCINKyler MurrayQBARI
Nick ChubbHBCLEEzekiel ElliottHBDAL
Jonathan TaylorHBINDAntonio GibsonHBWSH
Joe MixonHBCINAlvin KamaraHBNO
Chandler CoxFBJAXKeith SmithFBATL
Patrick RicardFBBALKyle JuszczykFBSF
Tyreek HillWRKCMike EvansWRTB
Jamarr ChaseWRCINCooper KuppWRLAR
Stefon DiggsWRBUFDeebo SamuelWRSF
Diontae JohnsonWRPITDavonte AdamsWRGB
Tyler BoydWRCINJustin JeffersonWRMIN
Cole BeasleyWRBUFAmari CooperWRDAL
Hunter RenfrowWRLVTerry McLaurinWRWSH
Travis KelceTEKCRob GronkowskiTETB
Mark AndrewsTEBALGeorge KittleTESF
Darren WallerTELVZach ErtzTEARI
Jared CookTELACKyle PittsTEATL
Dion DawkinsTBUFTrent WilliamsTSF
Orlando Brown, Jr.TKCTyron SmithTDAL
Kolton MillerTLVTristan WirfsTTB
Alejandro VillanuevaTBALTaylor MotonTCAR
Riley ReiffTCINRyan RamczykTNO
Joel BitonioGCLEElgton JenkinsGGB
Quinton NelsonGINDCody WhitehairGCHI
Wyatt TellerGCLEZack MartinGDAL
Kevin ZeitlerGBALChris LindstromGATL
Corey LinsleyCLACJason KelceCPHI
Ryan KellyCINDAlex MackCSF
Ryan JensenCTB
AFC DefensePosTeamNFC DefensePosTeam
Sam HubbardDECINBrian BurnsDECAR
Maxx CrosbyDELVCameron JordanDENO
Myles GarrettDECLENick BosaDESF
Jeffrey SimmonsDETENAaron DonaldDELAR
Quinnen WilliamsDTNYJJonathan AllenDTWSH
DeForest BucknerDTINDKenny ClarkDTGB
Chris JonesDTKCJavon HargraveDTPHI
Larry OgunjobiDTCINHaason ReddickOLBCAR
T.J. WattOLBPITKhalil MackOLBCHI
Matt JudonOLBNERobert QuinnOLBCHI
Harold LandryOLBTENMicah ParsonsOLBDAL
Josh AllenOLBJAXDevin WhiteMLBTB
Bobby OkerekeMLBINDEric KendricksMLBMIN
Patrick QueenMLBBALRoquan SmithMLBCHI
Marlon HumphreyCBBALMarshon LattimoreCBNO
L'Jarius SneedCBKCTrevon DiggsCBDAL
Kenny Moore IICBINDAdoree' JacksonCBNYG
JC JacksonCBNEJalen RamseyCBLAR
Bryce HallCBNYJXavier McKinneyFSNYG
Kevin ByardFSTENXavier WoodsFSMIN
Micah HydeFSBALAntoine Winfield Jr.SSTB
Jordan PoyerSSBUFBudda BakerSSARI
Kareem JacksonSSDENT. Walker IIISSDET
AFC Special TeamsPosTeamNFC Special TeamsPosTeam
Justin TuckerKBALZane GonzalezKCAR
Sam KochPBALMichael DicksonPSEA
Devonta FreemanKRBALDont'e DeayonKRLAR
K.J. Hill Jr.PRLACPatrick TaylorPRGB
Old 12-03-2021, 09:09 AM   #13
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Final: NFC 34, AFC 27

Even with the upsets, not one of those playoff game results seemed unlikely to happen - I love to see it. Congrats on getting Kansas City back to the Super Bowl, but we all know Tom Brady is no Burrow/Mac Jones/Mayfield.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #14
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

Super Bowl Media Week

Buccaneers Media Days

February 7th, 2022 -- The biggest buzz from the Bucs' media day has been if Tom Brady is going to be playing his last game; as no contract extension has been reported, and the team has been very complimentary of 2021 second-round pick Kyle Trask. But at the podium on Monday, Brady said he 'fully intends' to return next season, and that he's confident that a deal will be reached with the team to bring him back for another year.

"I still feel the drive, the hunger to be here," he said in response to a question about his health and intent to keep playing for another season. "I'm just happy that we've been able to get back here for another shot at a Super Bowl championship. The feeling never gets old or stale."

Much was made last offseason about their dominance of the Chiefs in Super Bowl LV, but Bucs coach Bruce Arians insisted that the team that's suiting up against them on Sunday is not the same team that they saw last season.

"Of course, they were a little banged up heading into the matchup last year, and they have their really good, young center out, but this season, they look much healthier and I think it will be a stiff challenge yet again," he said. "I mean, as long as they have fifteen over there, they're going to cause us some heartburn. They're really good along the offensive line, even though they've pretty much replaced the entire unit...the pockets that Patrick (Mahomes) has had, if he gets that kind of time against us, or anybody, he's going to pick people apart."

Arians also discussed the Chiefs' defense, and specifically pointed out their pass rush as some cause for concern, along with playmakers at all three levels of the defense.

"With (Frank) Clark, (Chris) Jones, and (Melvin) Ingram, they have several guys that can really get after it," he lamented. "Steve (Spagnuolo) just brings it from all angles, and he has the guys that can execute it. Everyone wants to talk about Tyrann Mathieu, but Willie Gay and (L'Jarius) Sneed are just tremendous, tremendous athletes who cover a ton of ground."

The Bucs come into the game relatively healthy, with cornerback Carlton Davis III as the only major contributor that's not expected to play. Fellow defensive back Rashard Robinson, who is nursing an ankle injury, is day-to-day and limited in practice this week, according to Arians.

"Aside from the usual bumps and bruises here and there, I feel really good about where we are health-wise," Arians noted. "Rashard is working, getting better day after day, but it's still touch-and-go with with his ankle injury right now."

Chiefs Media Days

February 8th, 2022 -- The day following the Buccaneers taking to the podiums for their turn in front of the dispersed local and national media, it was the Chiefs' turn on Tuesday. Quarterback Patrick Mahomes, head coach Andy Reid, tackle Orlando Brown, Jr., and safety Tyrann Mathieu all took to the stage. Much was discussed from last year's debacle in which they were held out of the endzone offensively, but all four that spoke in front of the media on Tuesday tried to downplay last year's game, and instead tried to focus on the present-day.

"You know, I think we burned pretty much all of the game tape from that game," said Reid jokingly when asked if he would look at any tape from last year's 31-9 loss. "There are certainly lessons that we can take from last year's game, but these are two pretty different teams this year, personnel-wise in some spots...they do some different things with some of the guys they have now, just like we've done a few things differently this year, so as far as what we can take from last year's game? Certainly, we can, but again, different personnel and we're also fairly healthy going into this one."

As the only Chiefs player to speak that did not play in last year's game, Brown talked about acclimating to a new offensive style, and how his game has progressed as he's moved from right to left tackle. He was one of six Chiefs to earn a Pro Bowl bid, the first of his career.

"It's been a huge learning process, and to be quite honest, I was pretty unsure of myself early on in the season," he said. "I think, starting about week nine or ten is when I really started to figure things out, and it's clicked from there."

Brown was one of five new starters along the offensive line, as he joined guards Joe Thuney and Trey Smith, along with fellow tackle Lucas Niang and center Creed Humphrey, who didn't make the Pro Bowl, but is likely going to be named to the All-Pro squad. Currently, Humphrey is one of the few Chiefs players that has been confirmed by Reid to be out of the Super Bowl due to a broken foot.

"Creed, he's really frustrated that he's not going to be able to play in this game," Brown said. "I told him, we'll win this one and get back next year."

Mahomes also echoed Brown's sentiment, but sung the praises of backup center Austin Blythe, who was the Rams' starting center in Super Bowl LIII, when New England beat the Rams 13-10 for Tom Brady's last Super Bowl victory as a member of the Patriots.

"This is a guy that's been in his game before, so he knows what it's like and the moment shouldn't be too big for him," said Mahomes of his new battery mate. "He's come to practice and worked hard, and he's going to get the chance to get a Super Bowl here with us, and he's ready for the opportunity."

The last Kansas City player to speak on Tuesday was Mathieu, who played for Bucs coach Bruce Arians in Arizona for the first five seasons of his career. As he did a year ago, Mathieu spoke highly of his former coach.

"Things didn't end well in Arizona, but I respect the heck out of Coach Arians and how he helped get my career going," he said. "Arizona, they drafted me back in 2013 and gave me my first opportunity in the league, so I'm forever going to be grateful for that."

Mathieu was also asked about a comment he made earlier in the season on Twitter by a reporter from another NFL team market, regarding the Chiefs' fanbase being the 'most toxic in all of sports'. Mathieu re-iterated that the comment was unnecessary and apologized for it, but that it was not meant to be taken the way it was.

"Things weren't going well for us at the time, and I said some things that were out of frustration," he said. "I owned up to what I said, and we moved on and things got better from there. In a sense, we kind of bonded around that, and just challenged ourselves to get better."
Old 12-03-2021, 09:40 PM   #15
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

Super Bowl LVI: Game Preview

Super Bowl LVI Preview | SoFi Stadium -- Inglewood, Calif. | February 13, 2022
vs
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(12-5, Away)
Kansas City Chiefs
(12-5, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
410.6 (2)Total Offensive Yards409.7 (3)
30.8 (2)Points Per Game29.6 (3)
52% (10)First Downs52% (9)
Defensive Stats Comparison
346.0 (8)Total Yards Allowed341.4 (7)
23.5 (14)Points Allowed21.7 (5)
+6 (10)Interceptions-1 (20)
Injury Report
Carlton Davis III (knee)
Out
Joshua Kaindoh (quad)
Out
Rashard Robinson (ankle)
Out
Mike Hughes (back)
Out
Zach Triner (elbow)
Out
Demarcus Robinson (foot)
Out

Anthony Hitchens (oblique)
Out

Creed Humphrey (foot)
Out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2021, 02:57 PM   #16
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

FINAL: Tampa Bay 19, Kansas City 30

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Kansas City Chiefs
Feb 13, 20221234F
Tampa Bay (12-5)3601019
Kansas City (12-5)73101030
Top Performers
KC PASSING: Patrick Mahomes - 21/31, 246 YDS, TD, INT
TB PASSING: Tom Brady - 37/53, 334 YDS, TD, INT
KC RUSHING: Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 15 ATT, 64 YDS, TD
TB RUSHING: Leonard Fournette - 11 ATT, 44 YDS
KC RECEIVING: Travis Kelce - 8 REC, 93 YDS
TB RECEIVING: Chris Godwin - 9 REC, 166 YDS, TD
Team Stats Comparison
TAMKAN
First Downs1617
3rd Down Efficiency4/134/10
4th Down Efficiency1/10/0
Total Yards409358
Passing Yards328240
Rushing Yards71118
Penalties-Penalty Yards4/464/40
Turnovers11
Time of Possession28:3131:29

LOS ANGELES (AP News Wire) "To be here after the rough start to the season, getting back to this stage and being able to put last year's game behind us, and come out to get a win here is just outstanding," said quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who threw for 246 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' 30-19 Super Bowl LVI victory. Tampa Bay and Kansas City played to a near-draw in the first half, as the Chiefs held a slim 10-9 lead going into the break.

The Buccaneers employed the same two-deep shell that other teams have tried on the Chiefs with varying degrees of success, especially with Carlton Davis III out for the contest. Mahomes only made one serious mistake in the first half, an interception by Antoine Winfield, Jr., that set up the Bucs' half-ending field goal.

That field goal didn't come without a little bit of controversy, however, as Bruce Arians elected to kick the field goal with :05 left in the half on third-and-11 with no timeouts on the Chiefs' 24-yard-line. Arians was asked if they should have tried to run a shot play, but elected to take the more sure points with Ryan Succop.

"It was in that no-man's-land area of the field where you need more than a half-dozen seconds to get some one open downfield," he said. "Kansas City was going to get the ball to begin the second half, and after the turnover, I didn't want to kill what momentum we might have had. If there were one or two more seconds, sure, I think there's some question, but it was too much of a risk."

It didn't matter in the end, but that decision might have changed the complexion of the game. Instead of potentially being up 13-10 going into the half, it was 10-9. Mahomes and the Chiefs went on to score on their opening drive of the second half, increasing the lead to eight. That drive was keyed by a costly pass interference flag on Winfield, Jr., as he dragged a wide-open Blake Bell down on what was sure to be a 30+ yard gain.

Tampa Bay got the ball back after the Chiefs touchdown, but Brady was intercepted just three plays into the drive by L'Jarius Sneed, who took the ball thirty-two yards to the house to put Kansas City up 24-9, which ended up being their largest lead. Combined with the decision to kick the field goal at the end of the first half, it was potentially an 18-point swing that essentially decided the ballgame.

"That play was where the tide really turned," said Arians in the post-game press conference. "I felt some of the wind come out of our sails on that one." Tampa would add another field goal from Succop, who was 4-for-4 on the day in field goals, early in the fourth quarter. After forcing a long field goal from Harrison Butker, the Bucs received some new life, as Charvarius Ward slipped in coverage on just the second play of Tampa's ensuing drive, allowing Chris Godwin to shake loose and outrun the Kansas City secondary for a 69-yard score, but that's as close as they would get.

The Bucs' defensive plan was geared to stop Tyreek Hill, who had just one catch for fourteen yards. But Travis Kelce had a big game, catching eight balls for ninety-three yards. Josh Gordon was the recipient of the only Mahomes touchdown pass, a 19-yard play. He had two catches for twenty-six yards.

For the first time since Super Bowl L, a defensive player was named MVP -- Sneed had three tackles and a pick-six to earn those honors. Von Miller was the MVP of Super Bowl L with 2 1/2 sacks and a pass breakup in Denver's 43-8 win over Seattle that season.

Mahomes was sacked on the Chiefs' first offensive snap of the game by Jason Pierre-Paul, but was hardly touched from there on out -- the Bucs were credited with just five quarterback pressures on thirty-one dropbacks, and was hit just twice aside from the sack. Both offensive lines actually played pretty well, as Brady was sacked just once, and hit seven times on fifty-four dropbacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »