Home

The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory

This is a discussion on The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2022, 06:55 AM   #9
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory

Old 02-10-2022, 06:56 AM   #10
MVP

infamyice's Arena

LUCKY NUMBER SEVEN

Two days of the 2022 NFL Draft have come and gone, and Amari has yet to hear his name be called. The night was not getting any younger as "Day 3" took way.

So far, 7 members of the Cincinnati Bearcats were already called. Gardner in the first, Ridder, second, Myjai and Coby got hit up in the 3rd round, Beevers and Pierce in the 4th round, with Cook rounding out the crew in the 5th round. Here it is, halfway through the 7th round, Amari started looking less hopeful about being drafted...

"Man, this is some B.S.", Kasey said to him-self. Disappointed at a third night that could possibly end with Amari's name uncalled, the boys at the table, along with Amari's father, Ahmad, sat with a taste of bitterness.

"Now, now, it's not over just yet. Don't lose hope", Ahmad tried to reassure with optimism.

"Yeah, well, at least you're optimistic about things, Pop."

"You always have to be, even when things doesn't go your way initially. Sometimes, greater things come later."

"Hey, your dad is right, we got to look on the plus side of things. If anything, we can always keep working and you get picked up as a free agent. At least you have a choice of where to go instead of getting picked by a bad team, or even worse, sitting 2nd or 3rd string", Kasey interjected.

"Yeah, you're right. We got to see this thing through. I don't know who else could possibly be around that can go before me, but we'll just have to see", Amari says with resolve.

"So, humor me. If you had to draft your-self, where would you go?"

"Hmm... Never thought about it from a situational point. If I had to though, I'd say Green Bay."

"Green Bay is prime choice."

"Definitely. Rogers still that guy out there, but unless he's pulling a Brady, it would be a nice setup to pick up where he leaves off. All that history out there. Farve, Driver, White..."

"Nah, nah, my son ain't playing in no Green Bay, anywhere but Wisconsin." Ahmad interjected.

"What? You got something against the Packers?" Kasey asked with Amari curious as well.

"No, not necessarily. But I'm not going to be out in no 20 below weather with a cheese foam on my damn head. Besides, it's bad for my arthritis."

Eleven selections in the 7th round goes by. Halfbacks, linemen, second and third-level defenders would get their names off the board. And then it finally happened...

"With the 220th pick in the 7th round, the Detroit Lions select... Amari Garnett, out of Cincinnati!"

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! That's what I'm talking about man!" Kasey was uber-excited about his agent and childhood friend finally getting the call up. He hugged his dad, which seemed like eternity, "Congratulations, son. I'm proud of you. You mom would be proud of you"

"Thank you Pops. I know she is."

"Aye man, listen, Detroit isn't Green Bay, but what's more important is that you're off the board. You did it baby!"

"Nah man, we did it. I got both of y'all as my biggest supporters backing me. Wouldn't be doing this without y'all. Finally, my time has come and I was nervous for nothing..."
Old 02-10-2022, 06:59 AM   #11
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2022, 07:00 AM   #12
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-10-2022, 07:01 AM   #13