Home

The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory

This is a discussion on The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2022, 08:27 PM   #49
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory

Old 02-25-2022, 08:27 PM   #50
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-28-2022, 03:08 AM   #51
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2022, 05:04 AM   #52
MVP

infamyice's Arena

NEW LEADER OF THE PRIDE

It's been two months since the league has kicked off, the Detroit Lions were making a 180 in the organization thus far, but there were much more work to be done. Sitting a 5-2, they were pretty happy about it, more particularly Amari. His contributions has been a big help in keeping the streak alive and not falling to Chicago. The guys been really stoked about winning lately after four years of losing...

"Hey Pops" Amari greeting his father as he enters their home.

"Hey son, how was practice?"

"The usual. Just putting that work in for the next game." Amari plops his bag on the stool next to him at the kitchen island as he takes a seat.

"Always good to stay ready, especially after what happened to Jared Goff in the last game." Ahmad passes Amari a Powerade out the refrigerator.

"Yeah, luckily it wasn't serious for him to sit the rest of the game out."

"But just long enough for you to put the team in a position to win."

"Eh, yeah, you can say that, but I gotta give it up to the defense. My guy Kayvon has been eating
guys up left and right lately. He's leading the team in tackles for loss. There's a reason why he went first overall."

"Oh, so you finding some comrades in the team? How's the locker room treating you?"

"Honestly? Better than I anticipated. Me being the new guy, trying to cut my teeth, that animosity of trying to be shown up to get a starting job. Guys been really helpful in easing me in the system. We have our "boys will be boys" moments, but they carry themselves very professionally. Other than those checks heading their way every week, guys are in the zone since we've been winning. Much different than what it was at the start of the season."

"Happy to hear, kid. Sound like you boys are ready to make something of this season. So far, y'all already doing better than last year."

"Yeah. People are still talking about that Jets game. That blowout was crazy." Amari continues to replenish his hydration, looking off in the distance, seeing a stack of books lying on the inn table. "What's been going on in your life, Pops? What you got going on with those books over there?"

"Oh, those? They're culinary books. Thinking about getting back into the business. I've been working on some new dishes lately, got some you can try later after dinner."

"Dessert?" Amari perks up. "Yeah, I'm all for that."

"Excellent. Get cleaned up my boy, dinner be ready in a hour."

"Sounds good. Catch you later old man."

Few hours has passed, the two enjoyed dinner and conversation about other teams in the NFL, guys in the NCAA that's been making waves and sure bets to get drafted. Ahmad introduced a tray of foreign dishes he picked up from Iceland: Harðfiskur (Dried Fish Jerky), Pönnukökur (Pancakes), Skyr (Yogurt), all passing with flying colors. About 40 minutes later, Amari gets a message from teammate Nick Foles.

NF: Hey man, You hear the news?

AG: Nah, what's up?

NF: Jared got traded.

AG: What? You kidding, right?

NF: Nope. Got word from Jared. Haven't got back to me with the details yet.

AG: Crazy man. We were putting things together on this run we got going.

NF: I know. But we'll know more tomorrow morning.

AG: Aight man, thanks for letting me know.

"Wow, that's crazy."

"What's up?" Ahmad lowers his book, turning his attention to Amari.

"Lions traded Jared Goff", Amari responded. Looking at the time, almost hitting 12, news outside of social media wasn't breaking in at this hour, and Amari wasn't that big of a social media head...

The next morning, after a 5-mile jog, Amari made his way to practice. Suited up and getting some reps in, a figure with Coach Campbell approached the rookie and Nick Foles.

"Guys, let me get your attention for a minute. Want to introduce you to our new guy, Matt Ryan."

Amari was in awe to meet Matt Ryan in the flesh. 4x Pro-Bowler, 2008 NFL Rookie of the Year, 2012 completion percentage leader, 2016 passer rating leader, NFL Offensive Player of the Year and NFL MVP. Somehow, Amari was a little disappointed that the team brought in another QB for him to sit behind, but that's Matt Ryan.

"The man people thought had quit the league and signed with the NBA, Matty Ice-, "Sir" Matty Ice, let me put some respect on that name! Pleasure to meet you!" Amari extended his hand to Matt.

"Pleasure's all my kid, but just Matty Ice or just Matt will do." Matt takes a gander over at Nick as they shook hands, "What's going on Nick? Hanging in there?"

"As much as I can. Getting the rook up to speed, just doing my part."

"Yeah, this kid here is amazing. A real work horse we got late in the draft. He'll be your back up, gonna love seeing Garnett work."

"Hmm, back up? I don't know Coach", Matt retorted. "I've seen a few of his games, he's the real deal. Talent like his you can't just keep on the bench half a game or three-fourths."

"What are you saying, you giving up your starting job?" Coach Campbell asked.

"Well, let's be frank. This trade was a financial trade that benefits both team. But, I'm 37, I'm getting up there. He's just as good as I am, if not better."

"He got a point there coach", Nick interjected. "The rook has thrown nearly half of what Matt has this season in yards, both having 7 touchdowns on the season. Only difference is those 8 picks Matt gave up."

"Thanks Nick, first day on the job and already making me look bad. But he's right. If he can keep that kind play up, I don't see why he's not starting already."

Coach Campbell mulled over the information spewed his way, taking a look at Matt and Amari. "You think you're ready to step up full-time?"

"Yes, sir. I'm always ready", Amari answered.

Coach Campbell still wasn't convinced that Amari wasn't ready. It was visible that Coach was a little upset that the front office made moves despite progressing with a winning season. It would be understandable if everything went down hill.

"Come on, throw him a bone. He has Nick's and my approval. What's the worst could happen? Guys had four seasons to experiment, what's one more?" Matt added.

Hearing the blessings from Matt and Nick, deep inside, Amari was all smiles, but couldn't show that excitement until the job was guaranteed.

"Okay, Amari, you're starting next week going forward", Coach Campbell announced.

"Really??? Aw man, thanks coach! I really mean it! You will not regret it!"

"Please, don't make me regret it. I don't want you missing a beat. We're in too good of a spot, our chemistry is gelling, I want us to keep it that way."

"You got it coach, I'm on the same page as you", said Amari. "Hey, Matt, thank you. You really didn't have to. I wouldn't mind having to sit on the bench and learn from you two for a while."

"Congratulations, kid. I rather you learn on the fly. No better teacher than experience, but we'll be here to back you. I'm happy where I'm at in my career, it's now up to you and Nick to pick up the slack. Go all out, don't hold nothing back."

"Crystal clear."

"Alright guys, back to practice. We got work to do." Coach Campbell rallied.

Amari Garnett couldn't be more elated about getting the job over Matt Ryan. But with him and Nick Foles backing him, the sky's the limit. Next game was in Houston, a big test going up against Deshaun Watson's team. With a couple practice days left, these efforts will be critical how he'll handle his first four quarters...
Old 02-28-2022, 05:05 AM   #53
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-28-2022, 05:06 AM   #54
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-28-2022, 05:07 AM   #55
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2022, 05:32 PM   #56
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Graphics look amazing on this, Matty Ice gotta be disappointed to end his career getting traded to Detroit

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »