Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #10649
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Anybody else a bit of an addict?

Old 05-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #10650
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Playing with Deportivo and man has it been a joy to manage and bring back the club that I really loved and respected when I was younger and when they were successful, remember Makaay, Valeron, Djalminha etc.

They are in second spanish division now, I finished 1st, it wasn't easy, I felt like I overachieved a bit so I was really afraid of the 1st division, board said that I should just try to avoid the relegation any way I know. I got 9 mil for the transfers, I bought Josko Gvardiol from Dinamo, a brought couple of players whose contracts expired and bought some players who were transfer listed and man this squad has been fantastic.

I started good, I was winning and was in the top 3 but I kept on winning, I had expected it to stop and that the results were going to balance themselves out, but no, I am still winning and am currently second. 2 losses in 27 games. Season is still not over, but from trying to avoid relegation for fighting for the trophy is really remarkable. I don't expect it though, Barcelona crushed me 4-1 the last time we played, I expect them to win it, but I defeated Real both times.

I got eliminated from Copa del Rey in the second round, I lost to the 3rd division team, well, something had to go wrong.

Here are the pics.

Last edited by Johnnythelegend; 05-23-2020 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:30 PM   #10651
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

When starting a new save, what active leagues do y'all use? Just the one you're starting in? Also, do you use a custom database with a specific continent, country, etc. selected?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2020, 01:12 AM   #10652
Rookie

@Cod this is what I'm rolling with at the moment, plus MLS which can't be seen in the pic. There's little deviation in other saves. I try to keep my estimated game speed to 2 stars, and how accurate that estimate is idk but it's just my rule of thumb. I like to have the big 6, and outside of that, most of the countries that are in the top 25 for UEFA coefficients. My thinking behind my personal db setup is, to put it simple: regens, and countries (or maybe specific clubs in a country, take FC Copenhagen for example) that I feel have massive potential on the world stage. It's more nuanced than that but that's the basic take.

I think having all of the divisions in England is self-explanatory, but as far as having all 4 leagues in Scotland, I just like having all of the divisions for when I inevitably take over at Rangers during a save, so I can have a better chance to snap up decent homegrown talent.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #10653
Rookie

Hey guys, long time no chat. I wound up buying FM20 a few weeks ago, and as per usual started in VNS and am trying to build my way up. I'm not a great FM player, having played only 2 of the games prior to this one. The farthest I've climbed is League 1 before life took me away from the game.

I picked Dulwich Hamlet and had an EPIC last day of the season title win for automatic promotion in my first year. I needed to win and needed Weymouth to lose. I went down 1-0 early and they went up, but both games swung the other way and I wound up winning the league by 1 point. Now I'm almost halfway through my first season in VNL and I'm in 2nd on GD. I signed 9 new players and got an epic loanee from the Championship who is banging in the goals. I was predicted to finish 16th, so I'd say it's going pretty well.

Anyway, I know I saw you guys posting about FM20 burnout a few months ago but man I'm loving this year's version of the game. I gather I'm lucky I started after the initial patch fixed the 1v1's, though.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:53 PM   #10654
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

To my fellow FM players at OS, do any of y'all want to try The Athletic free for 30-days? The soccer coverage is phenomenal and I have a few guest passes left if anyone is interested.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:08 AM   #10655
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
To my fellow FM players at OS, do any of y'all want to try The Athletic free for 30-days? The soccer coverage is phenomenal and I have a few guest passes left if anyone is interested.

Id be interested! Was debating it earlier this year.

Then the world hit pause. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2020, 11:37 PM   #10656
Rookie

toyo301985's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Playing with Deportivo and man has it been a joy to manage and bring back the club that I really loved and respected when I was younger and when they were successful, remember Makaay, Valeron, Djalminha etc.

They are in second spanish division now, I finished 1st, it wasn't easy, I felt like I overachieved a bit so I was really afraid of the 1st division, board said that I should just try to avoid the relegation any way I know. I got 9 mil for the transfers, I bought Josko Gvardiol from Dinamo, a brought couple of players whose contracts expired and bought some players who were transfer listed and man this squad has been fantastic.

I started good, I was winning and was in the top 3 but I kept on winning, I had expected it to stop and that the results were going to balance themselves out, but no, I am still winning and am currently second. 2 losses in 27 games. Season is still not over, but from trying to avoid relegation for fighting for the trophy is really remarkable. I don't expect it though, Barcelona crushed me 4-1 the last time we played, I expect them to win it, but I defeated Real both times.

I got eliminated from Copa del Rey in the second round, I lost to the 3rd division team, well, something had to go wrong.

Here are the pics.

Hi. Please can you help me here? How can you get the recent match analysis under the tactics? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »