Home

Football Manager 2011 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Football Manager 2011 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #25
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Football Manager 2011 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I'm not that thrilled with the new TV camera, it looks visibly pleasing, but I can't read the flow of the game as well as with the Main Stand view. I'll have to mess around with it some more & see.
Yeah I use the TV camera mainly for replays - most of the other views are more helpful from a tactical perspective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #26
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

So, after ****ing around with the demo for a few days, I've decided that I'd rather play Fallout until the full FM comes out. No point in getting invested in a save when I know I'll start a new one with a sufficient database in a few weeks. I say this now, but chances are I'll fire up the demo in a few days haha.

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me
Old 10-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Football Manager 2011 Demo out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Started at Crystal Palace. All preseason I am getting blasted by my opponents and pundits saying I am definitely not staying in Championship after this season. I made a few moves to pick up some players on loan (Jay Emmanuel Thomas from Arsenal being the best). I have little to no spending (if you know Palace's situation you'll know why).

After several hours of tinkering my team and making my mentors are all setup I start the season as a big underdog at Reading. I survive the first half (8 shots for Reading, 1 shot for me) and just pour it on in the 2nd half and end up winning 3-0. I'll probably still get relegated but its just very encouraging to start out with 3 points.
I landed at 'Palace in my first ever FM save (last year), after a few years in Chicago. I thought I was ready. I was not ready. Not even close. Good luck to you.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #28
Banned

Hutton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
Yeah I use the TV camera mainly for replays - most of the other views are more helpful from a tactical perspective.

The TV cam is cool looking & all, but I just can't see nearly enough of the pitch to make any type of tactical adjustments. Probably the same reason I can never really get into playing the FIFA game, you are too limited on how much of the action you can see, especially if you want to see any decent amount of player detail.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
...Well I guess I learn something new every day.
After dominating most of the demo my team is extremely weak due to half of my starting roster injured. I just lost 6-1 in my most recent game...last 5 games have been WDLDL...not pretty.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #30
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
The TV cam is cool looking & all, but I just can't see nearly enough of the pitch to make any type of tactical adjustments. Probably the same reason I can never really get into playing the FIFA game, you are too limited on how much of the action you can see, especially if you want to see any decent amount of player detail.
Agreed...I use sideline for game view and TV for replays

I started as Newcastle and I am getting destroyed...that being said I'm waiting until the full game comes out so I can create my custom Canadian league.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #31
Banned

Hutton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Agreed...I use sideline for game view and TV for replays

I started as Newcastle and I am getting destroyed...that being said I'm waiting until the full game comes out so I can create my custom Canadian league.
I didn't realize that you could set a specific cam for replays, that will be perfect with the TV Cam. Maybe if I watched my matches only is "Key play" mode the TV Cam would be cool, but I watch in either "Extended" or "Full" match mode.

I'll play around with the demo to get used to the new features, but I just can't invest myself in a Spurs save without the correct logos & player faces, so I'll wait until the full version to start my first real save.

As usual I will play with Spurs, but I might try a lower league club also, just to see how hard it is to build a team up.

Also, I might try to recreate the MUSL (Michigan United Soccer League) that I play in. Not sure how hard that would be, but I can grab the league tables & player stats from our webpage, but I've never build a custom club before, moreless an entire league. Plus we're amateurs with very low skill lol. Can you import a club into the game using some sort of excel spreadsheet, or do you need to manually edit each player using the creation tools?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #32
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

You need to manually edit each player, but its pretty easy to do that.

I really like the league creation. Apparently you can create international tourneys this year which is sick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »